Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evildeadjedi']Anyone :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thebytewasbit']As long as you have signed up for a RZ account (Which is FREE btw.), then even if you don't have a physical RZ card for them to scan, you can just give them the phone # that you used to sign up for the account.

I am not aware of any short term or long term RZ member's accounts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys! :)

I signed up for RZ account online, and I don't have a physical card (not sure if I will ever be getting one from best buy). So, after I pick up the game, go to the any cashier at best buy, present my phone number and the online coupon - then it will ring up as $0 when they hit total? No additional purchases are necessary, right?

[quote name='NEgami']Thanks guys! :)

I signed up for RZ account online, and I don't have a physical card (not sure if I will ever be getting one from best buy). So, after I pick up the game, go to the any cashier at best buy, present my phone number and the online coupon - then it will ring up as $0 when they hit total? No additional purchases are necessary, right?[/QUOTE]

right! the gist is, they will just hit total and the receipt will print. Hilariousness then ensues...

[quote name='token2k6']right! the gist is, they will just hit total and the receipt will print. Hilariousness then ensues...[/QUOTE]

If by hilariousness you mean the clueless employee will call over a manager and a whole discussion over the use of the coupon and either a rejection of the coupon or them bumping the game up $10 so you're at least paying something, then yes....quite hilarious.:roll:

I can only imagine what will happen if I decide to be greedy for once and pick up the allowed limit of 3 per title per coupon.

Then again, I've always missed out on grabbing these free games when they make an oopsie, since I was never paying attention to threads like this.

Walking out with 9 games for free without a hassle....I don't see that happening.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If by hilariousness you mean the clueless employee will call over a manager and a whole discussion over the use of the coupon and either a rejection of the coupon or them bumping the game up $10 so you're at least paying something, then yes....quite hilarious.:roll:

I can only imagine what will happen if I decide to be greedy for once and pick up the allowed limit of 3 per title per coupon.

Then again, I've always missed out on grabbing these free games when they make an oopsie, since I was never paying attention to threads like this.

Walking out with 9 games for free without a hassle....I don't see that happening.[/QUOTE]

IATCG sounds like you've given up on being the The Cheapest Gamer. How about you relinquish your name and title?

Yeah, well I mean it's hilarious to see the cashier do a double take while you've known all along what you're trying to accomplish..sometimes they even want in on the deal! Hell, I bring extra, if they try to shoot me down, just make them a deal, like "I bet you it works. What do you have to lose? and if it does, I've got a coupon for you right here.."

Have faith man! I don't remember too many people being shot down on the X-Blades deal. Like I've said before, just go early that day before word spreads around (and they may pull them off shelves?) and you should be fine. Don't hoard if you don't want to cause a scene..

Would it be possible to get one free copy with one coupon, then come back later for two others with a different coupon? I'd rather make sure to get one for free before pushing my luck with the othe two.

[quote name='padme2k7']Would it be possible to get one free copy with one coupon, then come back later for two others with a different coupon? I'd rather make sure to get one for free before pushing my luck with the othe two.[/QUOTE]

I have been contemplating this as well.

i picked up 3 copies of warhammer online for free. no hassle.

Walking out with 9 games for free without a hassle....I don't see that happening.

they CANNOT DENY YOU THAT.

it says on the freaking coupon 3 PER COUPON PER SYSTEM. IT IS YOUR RIGHT TO GET 3 COPIES OF ONE GAME FOR EACH SYSTEM.

[quote name='padme2k7']Would it be possible to get one free copy with one coupon, then come back later for two others with a different coupon? I'd rather make sure to get one for free before pushing my luck with the othe two.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did with a guide drop a while back at Best Buy, which turned out to have guides that weren't supposed to have dropped as of yet.

The store had like 70-80 guides on the shelf that qualified for the drop, but I only cherry picked out 3-5 to 'test the waters'. By the time I went out to my car with those few and came back in there was a manager in the media section telling me I 'got lucky to get those few out of there' and they blocked me on the rest.

So, I say if you're going to hoard the shit out of games in this deal, do it early and go for all you can.

If this deal somehow manages to stay on CAG for once, you may end up being able to wait until it's busier in the stores(Friday/Saturday) and thus the cashiers/managers will want to keep the lines moving and give you less of a hassle.

Oh and gordo, just because I haven't been an El Hoardo in a long time doesn't mean I still don't try and get the best deals for the cheapest price. So I'm keeping my name and title tyvm.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If by hilariousness you mean the clueless employee will call over a manager and a whole discussion over the use of the coupon and either a rejection of the coupon or them bumping the game up $10 so you're at least paying something, then yes....quite hilarious.:roll:

I can only imagine what will happen if I decide to be greedy for once and pick up the allowed limit of 3 per title per coupon.[/QUOTE]

I've always just made it a point to be buying something else -- a CD, a blu-ray, whatever -- along with the game so that the total doesn't actually ring up as $0.00. I don't think the cashiers have ever even noticed that the game ended up being free. Either that or they haven't cared.

Then again, I've always just been getting one copy in the past . . . With SR2 I'm going to be trying to get two so that I can give one to my brother as well and we can play multiplayer. So we'll see how that goes . . .

I am going to try to get 1 copy of SR2 for 360 and PS3. I will also buy 1 Lets Tap for Wii. So the bill won't ring up as $0.00 though- I will purchase something small.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Ill have to go at opening Sunday for some free Fairytale Fights.
:)

and possibly got for Saints Row 2 on Monday. Wish it was for the 360 too. :/[/QUOTE]

My head hurts from reading too many threads and posts and I feel stupid asking because the answer is probably right in front of me, but how would you be able to get Fairytale Fights for free?

I see how Saints Row 2 and Let's Tap will work, but isn't Fairytale Fights $19.99 after the coupon?

[quote name='arcane93']I've always just made it a point to be buying something else -- a CD, a blu-ray, whatever -- along with the game so that the total doesn't actually ring up as $0.00. I don't think the cashiers have ever even noticed that the game ended up being free. Either that or they haven't cared.

Then again, I've always just been getting one copy in the past . . . With SR2 I'm going to be trying to get two so that I can give one to my brother as well and we can play multiplayer. So we'll see how that goes . . .[/QUOTE]

I never try that buying other crap routine. If they're going to deny you, they're going to deny you whether or not you pad your purchase with something else or not.

I think it's best to "disguise" the purchase by buying some other crap along with the free games... then returning those other crap another day. :)

It works for me. :)

[quote name='allure']i picked up 3 copies of warhammer online for free. no hassle.

it says on the freaking coupon 3 PER COUPON PER SYSTEM. IT IS YOUR RIGHT TO GET 3 COPIES OF ONE GAME FOR EACH SYSTEM.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they can and may deny you that. The coupon very clearly states the $20 off is from regular price, not a sale price. They are not required by law or their corporate policies to accept a coupon just because when they scan the coupon it takes the discount off the sale price. Having said that, lots of people have successfully gotten free games from Best Buy before, but you don't have the right to get anything for free from them. If you do, consider yourself lucky and don't be a jerk about it.

[quote name='allure']i picked up 3 copies of warhammer online for free. no hassle.

it says on the freaking coupon 3 PER COUPON PER SYSTEM. IT IS YOUR RIGHT TO GET 3 COPIES OF ONE GAME FOR EACH SYSTEM.[/QUOTE]

The store doesn't have to sell you anything. It is private property and there is no law forcing them to sell it to you.

question about reward zone, my parents have had it for years but i've never been able to use the online capabilities b/c i dont have the account number, i just give them my phone number every time, how do i find out the account number should i ask a sales associate or call customer service?

[quote name='toomuchpie617']question about reward zone, my parents have had it for years but i've never been able to use the online capabilities b/c i dont have the account number, i just give them my phone number every time, how do i find out the account number should i ask a sales associate or call customer service?[/QUOTE]You'd have to speak to someone in RZ customer service to get the number.

Wait, the Best Buy deal from 12/20-12/26 says Fairytale Fights is going to be $19.99, and the coupon ends on 12/20, so should it work for it to be free?

[quote name='ASLplease']Wait, the Best Buy deal from 12/20-12/26 says Fairytale Fights is going to be $19.99, and the coupon ends on 12/20, so should it work for it to be free?[/QUOTE]

People in this thread have been saying that it would. I'm not sure though. Seems a bit odd how Best Buy wouldn't see people taking advantage of the sales by getting ex. FairyT fights or SR2, etc.

[quote name='token2k6']right! the gist is, they will just hit total and the receipt will print. Hilariousness then ensues...[/QUOTE]
thanks!
i only hope to pick up a single copy of fairytale fights with the purchase of a PSN card. hopefully, it will work out ok, provided the coupon still works on 12/20. :)

[quote name='toomuchpie617']question about reward zone, my parents have had it for years but i've never been able to use the online capabilities b/c i dont have the account number, i just give them my phone number every time, how do i find out the account number should i ask a sales associate or call customer service?[/QUOTE]

its always on the receipt if you buy something and use your card.....even if you just give a phone #. So you could buy something, check for the number on the receipt, and than return the item if you dont want it.

My problem is I forgot my password for the site, and each time I try to request it it tells me some kind of error. So I'm hoping for some scans.

Please post scans.

Just call customer service to reset the pass code, I did this a few weeks ago and it was quite painless.

Do we really want to post scans? Aren't pages and pages of intended abuse enough?
How frickin bright is it to highlight this ad nauseam days before it should be available?
damn guys, think....

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Will someone please link me to the fairytales coupon?[/QUOTE]

2rr10n5.jpg

Also, in Printable PDF format:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=59d890540faf26b411cd0472aead25a7

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Man, I bought Fairytale Fights a week ago for $20 and I just threw away the receipt this morning. Fuuuuck.[/QUOTE]

Did you pay w/ cash or card? If you paid w/ your debit/bank/credit card, then they should be able to look up the card # & refund it to you if you return the game UNOPENED. Otherwise if you paid cash, I'm afraid you're SOL.

It is very YMMV (as most have stated).

However, in my experience, I've noticed it works if I'm not the absolutely first person to use the coupon. All 3 instances I have been involved in (X-Blades,etc), I wasn't the first person and twice, the other cashier or a manager had to tell the person ringing me "yeah, it's free, we've had people using them all day, etc."

One manager during the X-blades fiasco told me he had turned down 3 people before me. He assumed it was a scam and the other 2 people after the original customer where his friends since they came and tried to use it right after him (even though it was posted on the site).

Long story short, fillers will help you greatly, especially if you're the first in line on Sunday morning.

Good thing (or bad thing depending on the manager) is, they won't be able to reach anyone at Corporate to verify it's free on a Sunday morning!!

And I wouldn't hit up the same BB the next morning for SR2 without filler(s). You're more than likely going to run across the same manager and/or cashier. And which would you rather have: a sh*tty game like FTF or a fun game like SR2?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donut']Just call customer service to reset the pass code, I did this a few weeks ago and it was quite painless.

Do we really want to post scans? Aren't pages and pages of intended abuse enough?
How frickin bright is it to highlight this ad nauseam days before it should be available?
damn guys, think....[/QUOTE]

That's because the people asking for the ad scans are too fuckin' lazy to look it up themselves and/or want something that's easier to cut/paste to the other deal sites they may be on. And I think you know which one(s) I'm talking about, where the kings and queens of hoarding reside.:roll::roll:

Although, this site has gotten worse and worse since I first joined with the hoarding too. If you don't go first day, bright and early, you're SOL on many deals anymore.

If it spreads to those sites, then I have to wonder if these deals will even be valid for very long.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's because the people asking for the ad scans are too fuckin' lazy to look it up themselves and/or want something that's easier to cut/paste to the other deal sites they may be on. And I think you know which one(s) I'm talking about, where the kings and queens of hoarding reside.:roll::roll:

Although, this site has gotten worse and worse since I first joined with the hoarding too. If you don't go first day, bright and early, you're SOL on many deals anymore.

If it spreads to those sites, then I have to wonder if these deals will even be valid for very long.[/QUOTE]

Maybe someone can delete this thread....it'll be like it never existed. :hot:

RZ Deal? What RZ deal? FREE Games? Where? IDK what you're talking about...

[quote name='sandman8288']Maybe someone can delete this thread....it'll be like it never existed. :hot:

RZ Deal? What RZ deal? FREE Games? Where? IDK what you're talking about...[/QUOTE]

You mean like I did the post you quoted? :D As for this deal, there is a similar thread to this one on SD already, though I don't think anyone brought up that with the new ad for BB on Sunday that FF becomes free after coupon.

Although I'm sure someone on there will point it out eventually.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean like I did the post you quoted? :D As for this deal, there is a similar thread to this one on SD already, though I don't think anyone brought up that with the new ad for BB on Sunday that FF becomes free after coupon.

Although I'm sure someone on there will point it out eventually.[/QUOTE]

I'm more worried about people on here. Flippers will be clearing out all the free games.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I'm more worried about people on here. Flippers will be clearing out all the free games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, screw CAGs.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I'm more worried about people on here. Flippers will be clearing out all the free games.[/QUOTE]

Not me. I just want ONE copy of Let's Tap for the Wii for my buddies' nieces, a copy of Saint's Row 2 for PS3 for my buddy and maybe 2 copies of Fairytale Fights with one being for me and the other being for my buddies' nieces for Christmas(the oldest one plays GTA IV, so violent content in games isn't an issue).

I figure for free ANY game is worth trying out.:lol: But I have a feeling a 'friend' of mine from on CAG will be my main competition Sunday and Monday for these deals. Hopefully he only hits our closer BB and not the one a bit further away, which I plan on being at at opening on Sunday. :D

Anyone who tries to get 6 games free at once deserves to get rejected.

Also, just buy up some other things to make it seem cool. I'm getting Metroid Trilogy, Animal Crossing and all sorts of things that day as well.

Where is the 9 games total coming from?

They can deny you it because it says on the coupon "not valid with sale prices". The coupon should scan so everyone should relax and not try and fuck BB all at once. Bring a friend or something. Shit.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Can someone get me the Pokemon coupons?????????[/QUOTE]

Jesus dude, they are not up yet. You've been asking since this thread started. Log into your rewards on the 21st and print them out yourself.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Man, I bought Fairytale Fights a week ago for $20 and I just threw away the receipt this morning. Fuuuuck.[/QUOTE]

Since you're a rewards member, you can track the purchase that way and possibly get a refund. Not sure but worth a shot.

[quote name='Casteor']Some of you guys are cheap as hell.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the whole point of being on this site?:roll: If we all paid MSRP for our games, none of us would be here.

bread's done
Back