Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy Bloomingdale, IL rejected the deal. Offered me $5 off each. Got a few at other best buys though. Heres to hoping I can score Lets Tap tomorrow and Saints Row for shits!

Have to brag a little on my deal this morning! Before any flaming starts: Yes I was greedy and yes I plan to trade/flip all of this. Now that's out of the way - For me, This deal is going to help our family have a good Christmas after all. Basically through 3 separate transactions with coupons, I able to get the following:

(8) :360: Fairytale Fighters
(4) :ps3: Fairytale Fighters
(4) Fallout 3 Game Guides
(5) Gears of War II Game Guides

ALL FOR THE GRAND TOTAL OF 9 CENTS!!\\:D/

Thank you so much CAG! I couldn't believe how nice the employees were about all this! Now to figure out the best way to trade of flip all this!

-jester55

[quote name='jester55']Have to brag a little on my deal this morning! Before any flaming starts: Yes I was greedy and yes I plan to trade/flip all of this. Now that's out of the way - For me, This deal is going to help our family have a good Christmas after all. Basically through 3 separate transactions with coupons, I able to get the following:

Thank you so much CAG! I couldn't believe how nice the employees were about all this! Now to figure out the best way to trade of flip all this!

-jester55[/QUOTE]

BBV 22
BB online 10
TRU 10.50
GS 9
Amazon 7

I don't have any of the other places like GC or FYE close to me anymore.

[quote name='jester55']Have to brag a little on my deal this morning! Before any flaming starts: Yes I was greedy and yes I plan to trade/flip all of this. Now that's out of the way - For me, This deal is going to help our family have a good Christmas after all. Basically through 3 separate transactions with coupons, I able to get the following:

-jester55[/QUOTE]

This is why the economy won't recover. :applause:

[quote name='Casteor']This is why the economy won't recover. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Damn you, Jester. All these smart people working on the economy in Washington and you SINGLEHANDEDLY are keeping the economy in the dumps. DAMN YOU, MAN!

[quote name='Un4tun8Disaster']I just want a copy of FF xbox 360, but my printer is broken :([/QUOTE]

Use theirs in store. That's what I did. In media, find the customer self service internet kiosk that goes to BB.com. Ask an employee if you could print up a Gamer's Club coupon from their kiosk since your 'printer is out of ink' or whatever other semi reasonable excuse you wanna give.

Then, if you want to grab a buttload of copies(10 or more from one store)change the number of copies to print to 2-3 or whatever you feel you'll need for this sale.

Then go up to the register, tell them your 'friend' told you about this sale and that he or she got X number of this game free and you wanted to see if this sale was nationwide or not.

[quote name='slowdive21']So just to clarify the "lets tap" coupon is not showing on the site yet?[/QUOTE]

Correct. The Let's Tap/Saint's Row 2 for PS3 for $5 coupon is not showing up as of yet and after today's fiasco I have to wonder if they'll ever put it up on there.

[quote name='doppelgangerknight']Same thing just happened with me. The coupon scanned but didn't work she talked to a manager who just got an email from corporate telling them to not give the game for free. The email was sent at 2:50 p.m. and was to be posted in front of the registers. Too bad I was actually interested in trying this game out.[/QUOTE]
Ahh...so what I was told is true - corporate did kill the deal in the POS system. :cry:

At least I got a couple...just padded my GS trade credit for the inevitable sale on Assassin's Creed 2.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Correct. The Let's Tap/Saint's Row 2 for PS3 for $5 coupon is not showing up as of yet and after today's fiasco I have to wonder if they'll ever put it up on there.[/QUOTE]

The good thing about it is that no matter what they do in the short term, in the long term they forget all their lessons and we'll get to do this over and over again...

[quote name='chuckywang']The X-blades deal ran the course. It didn't die midday through the first day of the deal, unlike here.[/QUOTE]
You're right. They must have got hit hard on this (those POS guys don't work on Sundays...crap those systems guys barely work 8 hour shifts Monday through Friday). They had to have been told to come in and fix this.

If anyone still has them, it might be in your best interest to get rid of these things ASAP (flip or sell/trade to someone). The TIV might be $5 or lower by the end of the week.

As so many others stated, I'm not holding out for SR2 tomorrow. That's more than likely dead in the water. They'll catch it once they go back to figure out what happened here and review their upcoming coupon deals.

Good job to the greedy assholes that ruined it. After seeing a ton of 0.00 transactions there's no way that this will ever happen again. Now if everyone used their heads and bought at least Rock Revolution or something so the total wasn't zero then there wouldn't be as big of issue. Also if you stuck to like 2 copies a person it wouldn't send flags up either. People don't normally buy more than maybe 2 copies of a single game for them and a relative. They sure as hell don't buy 5 or something.

Remember they advertise stuff and put it on sale to get you in their store and hope you'll buy more. If this "Free" deal got you in their store and you bought something else they wouldn't think so badly of it. I mean the game wasn't selling anyway so they're not crying about it.

But when a bunch of dicks go in and buy 5 or more copies each and even go as far as traveling to different Best Buy's with nothing but 0.00's everywhere it's not hard to figure out.

Now watch from now on when every damn coupon we give them is disected with a magnifying glass and many futures deals are gone before they even happen.

Best Buy has running these coupons the same exact weeks as price drops for almost a year now. First one I remember was the 'Quantum of Solace' deal. There's been far too many of them so far for it to be a coincidence or for managers to have not caught on. Why have they kept doing them for so long and then not honoring it time after time?

Maybe it's their way to weed out 'Devil Customers'.

[quote name='Britshady']Good job to the greedy assholes that ruined it. After seeing a ton of 0.00 transactions there's no way that this will ever happen again. Now if everyone used their heads and bought at least Rock Revolution or something so the total wasn't zero then there wouldn't be as big of issue. Also if you stuck to like 2 copies a person it wouldn't send flags up either. People don't normally buy more than maybe 2 copies of a single game for them and a relative. They sure as hell don't buy 5 or something.

Remember they advertise stuff and put it on sale to get you in their store and hope you'll buy more. If this "Free" deal got you in their store and you bought something else they wouldn't think so badly of it. I mean the game wasn't selling anyway so they're not crying about it.

But when a bunch of dicks go in and buy 5 or more copies each and even go as far as traveling to different Best Buy's with nothing but 0.00's everywhere it's not hard to figure out.

Now watch from now on when every damn coupon we give them is disected with a magnifying glass and many futures deals are gone before they even happen.[/QUOTE]

hey dumbass, incase you didn't notice they've done this just about every month the past few months.

last month it was warhammer and neverwinter nights, xblades before that, i also remember midnight club and a few other games in the past as well. settle the fuck down.

[quote name='Britshady']Good job to the greedy assholes that ruined it. After seeing a ton of 0.00 transactions there's no way that this will ever happen again. Now if everyone used their heads and bought at least Rock Revolution or something so the total wasn't zero then there wouldn't be as big of issue. Also if you stuck to like 2 copies a person it wouldn't send flags up either. People don't normally buy more than maybe 2 copies of a single game for them and a relative. They sure as hell don't buy 5 or something.

Now watch from now on when every damn coupon we give them is disected with a magnifying glass and many futures deals are gone before they even happen.[/QUOTE]

Except this is like the third time you can get something for $0.0

I went twice, first time I also bought the X-men trilogy blu-ray for $42.xx. And the second time I went in I picked up National Treasure 2 Blu-ray. So not everyone went in spending nothing. I spent $70 there today and you're talking about buying a $5 copy of RR, you my friend are a true asshole.

I love how every coupon/deal/glitch is immediately jumped on by some of the whiners here as "the last time we'll ever see a deal like this"... and yet we continue to get them... And when they do it again, and we get a bunch of free shit, there'll be some other asshat screaming about how it's "the last time we'll ever see a deal like this"... and so on... and so on... and so on...

[quote name='Stingermck']Word is my Best buy is currently pulling all copies from the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Thats my question, I looked at stock check and Montgomery Al is showing FTF still in stock. I used the coupon about 1pm and got 4 copies for free: 2 :360: and 2 :ps3: Anyways they had plenty when I left, yeah I got greedy and tried to go back for more. Shelves were cleaned out, usually I'm the only CAG in this city so I dont have many problems at BB.

Stupid me I forgot to look to see if lets tap or SR2 was even there...oh well I can look later tonight, when do they close?

[quote name='Britshady']Good job to the greedy assholes that ruined it. After seeing a ton of 0.00 transactions there's no way that this will ever happen again.

More crying ensues. . .[/QUOTE]
God, people said the same thing about X-Blades, yet here we are. The only thing that changed was they caught on faster this time. Not like it mattered because the one day it was valid was practically over by the time they did.

Yeah no shit, I know it's happened before. DO you want it to keep happening?? If you do then quit ear fucking the deals when they happen and chill out yourself.

Don't ever do a 0.00 transaction. Just use you heads!!! I mean shit grab a candy bar if you have to. They're a business and I would guess they don't normally have people check out without giving them any money at all.

I've been around a hell of a lot longer than you and have seen shit ruined because people are too stupid to control themselves. This is exactly what is going on here.

So woohoo it's happened like 3 times guys!! Maybe one more will slip. It probably would have happened another dozen times. But if people would quit abusing the deal it would go unnoticed. But instead they want to rape the dead corpse of the deal and go apeshit like it's gonna make them a million bucks.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']BBV 22
BB online 10
TRU 10.50
GS 9
Amazon 7

I don't have any of the other places like GC or FYE close to me anymore.[/QUOTE]

my loot was
(9) 360 fairytale fights
(6) ps3 fairytale fights

I could only get 3 xbox and 2 ps3 per coupon, not 6, it that usual?
WOW 22 dollars, is BBV, block buster video?

Yeah! Put a filler in like my 9 game guides! They still got 9 cents of my money then! Whatever dude. BB has done stuff like this for years. They could have stopped it sooner if they wanted. My guess is they knew about it and let if fly for a little while to see if it might spark more sales on others things. Then once it was certain that over all sales weren't increase by this - they pulled it. I really dont think that BB is as stupid as we all like to think. Oh, by the way, I did pick up Fallout 3 GOTY for 30 dollars too after a RZ GC. So, I guess they did get more out of me. Bottom line is early birds get the deal. Always been this way and it will always be this way. Thank God for CAG!:bouncy:

I was hoping I could go there tonight for the second time and pick up Band of Brothers as well as 6 copies. My question is, will the coupon work twice, is it store specific, or do I need 2 Reward Zone cards? The first time I went I picked up Metroid Trilogy and 2 of FF for both 360 and PS3. Is it as least possible to get the 2 I could have gotten at first (totaling 3 for each system)?

It just a simple thing as their Corporate Advertising Team not working together with their Marketing Team.

Deals (due to coupon/pricing error) happen almost monthly at virtually every major retailer and grocery store nationwide. Corporate gets so caught up in numbers and figures, that they forget the little things (like price based on coupon).

Trust me, they did not want your wife, mom or grandmother getting that Swifter, Diffuser or Makeup they sell for free.

They will screw up again and when they do, we will be all over it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I went twice, first time I also bought the X-men trilogy blu-ray for $42.xx. And the second time I went in I picked up National Treasure 2 Blu-ray. So not everyone went in spending nothing. I spent $70 there today and you're talking about buying a $5 copy of RR, you my friend are a true asshole.[/QUOTE]

Then as I just stated your transactions weren't zero and you're not the big problem. So keep calling people names. Learn to read the post correctly before talking shit, huh?

If the reason you're all hurt is you got a bunch of copies then you need to grow up. You can spend 70 bucks but then have to screw the system to death for a few bucks?

Everyone could have got their 2 or 3 copies and bought something else at the same time and all would have been well.

I'm disappointed... it took 71 pages for a post like this... bunch of slacking going on today....

everyone, the coupon is dead, dead, dead. There is no way this will work at any location now I assume..but hell, stores are open late tonight, so you can still try. And damn that BBV TIV!! if only anyone went there anymore..they'll all be closed by summer at best.

[quote name='nixmahn']my loot was
(9) 360 fairytale fights
(6) ps3 fairytale fights

I could only get 3 xbox and 2 ps3 per coupon, not 6, it that usual?
WOW 22 dollars, is BBV, block buster video?[/QUOTE]

Correct

oops..removed BBV info, someone beat me to it.

Is there any risk in abusing this deal? I got 12 titles total from several stores. I read the coupon a few times to make sure, but it all seems legit.

[quote name='Afflicted']I'm disappointed... it took 71 pages for a post like this... bunch of slacking going on today....[/QUOTE]
Haha, for real! I was catching up the thread, hotly anticipating the raging to ensue once the deal died. I was sad to find people acting civilly. :(

Ok got an honest question. Is it wrong and/or possible to take the games to Walmart after Christmas without a receipt in order to get a walmart gc? You would get a higher value return and walmart gc are like cash anyway if you shop there like my family does. Just a thought....

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']It just a simple thing as their Corporate Advertising Team not working together with their Marketing Team.

Deals (due to coupon/pricing error) happen almost monthly at virtually every major retailer and grocery store nationwide. Corporate gets so caught up in numbers and figures, that they forget the little things (like price based on coupon).

Trust me, they did not want your wife, mom or grandmother getting that Swifter, Diffuser or Makeup they sell for free.

They will screw up again and when they do, we will be all over it.[/QUOTE]

And when they screwed up this time it took like 6 hours to catch on because all the new CAG can't keep it in their pants and use a deal correctly.

I know this deal was one day but most of the time these deals run for a week or so and they never catch it. They're getting better guys and you need to adjust your CAG tactics and step your game up.

OR just keep jumping on me because it makes you feel better apparantly?

Oh cry me a river! :roll:

[quote name='jester55']Ok got an honest question. Is it wrong and/or possible to take the games to Walmart after Christmas without a receipt in order to get a walmart gc? You would get a higher value return and walmart gc are like cash anyway if you shop there like my family does. Just a thought....[/QUOTE]

yes it is. that would be considered return fraud.

So I ended up going back to the first store I went to earlier and was successful at getting another 5 copies. So I thought to myself I'd try again at the other store. By the time I got there they fixed the computer system or reconfigured it. The coupon didnt deduct jack.

Ah well I got like $225 for 14 copies. :)

[quote name='CXK']oops..removed BBV info, someone beat me to it.

Is there any risk in abusing this deal? I got 12 titles total from several stores. I read the coupon a few times to make sure, but it all seems legit.[/QUOTE]

bbv can ban you from trading.

[quote name='space cowboy ygi']it just a simple thing as their corporate advertising team not working together with their marketing team.

Trust me, they did not want your wife, mom or grandmother getting that swifter, diffuser or makeup they sell for free.

They will screw up again and when they do, we will be all over it.[/quote]

qft

[quote name='Velo214']Could you trade 4 for $40 credit at gamestop? or do they frown on trading multiple copies of the same thing in... even if you open them all... that's if i even try just wonderin...[/QUOTE]
You cant for one, i called and got some rude nerd acting like im some dealer trying to screw them. When in reality anyone who's trading with gamestop is the one getting screwed reguardless of how little you paid, or how many copies youve got. Seek out better people to deal with if you can, Blockbuster, gamecrazy and so on.

Support companies that are giving you a realistic value for a game and stop them all from failing. Gamecrazy's are dropping like flies and BBV's game store is nearly gone here.

[quote name='Britshady']Yeah no shit, I know it's happened before. DO you want it to keep happening?? If you do then quit ear fucking the deals when they happen and chill out yourself.

Don't ever do a 0.00 transaction. Just use you heads!!! I mean shit grab a candy bar if you have to. They're a business and I would guess they don't normally have people check out without giving them any money at all.

I've been around a hell of a lot longer than you and have seen shit ruined because people are too stupid to control themselves. This is exactly what is going on here.

So woohoo it's happened like 3 times guys!! Maybe one more will slip. It probably would have happened another dozen times. But if people would quit abusing the deal it would go unnoticed. But instead they want to rape the dead corpse of the deal and go apeshit like it's gonna make them a million bucks.[/QUOTE]

Not only to you but all the other whiners here today.

Dude, it's Fairy Tale Fights. F-A-I-R-Y T-A-L-E F-I-G-H-T-S

These good deals like this, nine times out of ten are over crap games that no one really wants and are only considered good deals to be jumped on BECAUSE they can be flipped and gotten in large quantities (or in my case and a few others, cheap ass christmas gifts).

This is not the first deal nor the last so people, just stop. Fairy Tale Fights.

bread's done
Back