Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ultramanJ']I don't see how everyone's excited over Transformers as you're probably going to get shot down. The game is on sale for $20, and the ad states the regular price is $40, so the coupon is worthless unless you get some idiot at the register.[/QUOTE]

Because everyone walked out with Fairytale Fights and it was the same thing. If there is one thing I've learned it's that best buy is stupid.

[quote name='dabamus']If I have success, then I'll put up a message about 11AM ET after I get down to Canton. :)

EDIT: if I don't have success I'll post immediately.[/QUOTE]

Don't waste you time with Canton, that's where I am going :p

[quote name='ultramanJ']I don't see how everyone's excited over Transformers as you're probably going to get shot down. The game is on sale for $20, and the ad states the regular price is $40, so the coupon is worthless unless you get some idiot at the register.[/QUOTE]

Even an idiot at the register won't work if the coupon doesn't scan on its own. Having said that, there is still the possibility that they just didn't block this coupon like they did Fairytale.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Don't waste you time with Canton, that's where I am going :p[/QUOTE]

I would hope you wouldn't take more than 3 of each of the two games. ;)

[quote name='oscargrouch']There is a sign on the door here saying they won't honor the 10 off madworld etc. Only off full retail.[/QUOTE]
This doesn't bode well. . .

[quote name='Justin42']While giving you credit for your "CAG In Training" tag, please don't forget that we've been through this and the coupons HAVE consistently worked-- even if for a short period of time-- even with that language.

It's fully possible BB will have fixed it since the FTF fiasco a couple weeks ago, but it's also fully possible Best Buy does this to get bodies in stores and these continual "mistakes" are targeted ways to get people to come in and maybe buy some printer ink or Monster cables while they're getting their "free" games.[/QUOTE]

Also, stores pay taxes on inventory, end of the year is coming up... these are games they can't seem to get rid of mostly. You are right, it may not be such a big "mistake" after all. (I actually intend to buy another (non free) game when I go in, so in a way it is working with me!)

[quote name='caliblue15']I am ready to roll. I work at Best Buy, so hopefully they don't question me and my coupons.[/QUOTE]

Aren't BB employees supposed to deactivate their RZ accounts? At the very least not allowed to use them in any way?

anyone have the rz coupon link or page for the link? they won't let me register saying that my area code is not correct. would appreciate it

[quote name='Chris249942']Didn't work at my bestbuy. Computer auto-denied it. Only tried it on transformers though[/QUOTE]

I would assume that will be the case at all best buys than rite?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Aren't BB employees supposed to deactivate their RZ accounts? At the very least not allowed to use them in any way?[/QUOTE]

Coupon also clearly says not for employees.

[quote name='dallow']Sorry folks. Doesn't work.
Friend on east coast called me to confirm.[/QUOTE]
So the register just doesn't accept it or what? Which coupon did they try?

So if transformers and madworld coupons does not work at east coast, i'm assuming they won't work at the west coast as well? Anyone tried lets tap yet?

[quote name='drawingboard']Another Best Buy fail.[/QUOTE]

I would say it is Best Buy finally doing something right. The coupon says not valid on SALE items. They FINALLY fixed the glitch. I'm sure the FTF finally triggered something to someone.

Did the cashiers follow the process on the coupon?

1. Scan Coupon
2. Scan games
3. Scan RZ membership
4. Press Total.

Its kinda out of order of the usual process, so maybe that's why it didn't work? I'm just trying to stay optimistic.

I guess if anyone really wanted Madworld, they'd just pay the $10 for it, since that's already a good deal.
Thanks to everyone who tried this on the East Coast.

Well, if these coupons don't work it's not entirely surprising since they were already known to be 'fixed' from last week. Next round when they fuck up again, who knows.

No go in North Haven CT
Tried two copies of transformers on one tranation the just one copy./ Had her scan rz card the couopn the game and tried rz card game the coupon.No go either way csr said it was because it was on sale. Than on a seprte transaction I tried lets tap and madworld. no go there either. and she did total each time.

When the register has an item on sale, there's an asterisk by the price.

So, Madworld would show the price of $9.99* on the register screen. If it has the asterisk, it's considered a sale price and nukes the use of the coupon, since it doesn't work with a sale price.

This is how they fixed it last week with FTF, they didn't have the $19.99 price marked as a sale price, which is why it worked until they fixed it. When I tried to pick up the copy I wanted last week, the price came up with an asterisk, which is the sign of a sale price.

Not looking as good as everyone, including myself had anticipated. Got denied here too. Sale games had an asterisk by them as they rang up.

No go here on Transformers. It had the little asterisk next to it that it was on sale. Figured I would pick up the $5 Saints Row while I was there though.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Aren't BB employees supposed to deactivate their RZ accounts? At the very least not allowed to use them in any way?[/QUOTE]

We are allowed to use them like regular people, as long as we don't use them with our employee discount, or if we use a rewardzone mastercard. I am a premium silver member, even though I'm an employee. You think they want to deactivate that account?

If I walk in as a normal person, not using my discount, I am just like all of you, what makes us different.

Sorry for the sloppy typing, on my iPhone. Coupons are a bust. Cashier tried unsuccessfully to get them to go through. Everything was scanned and totalled out properly with no success. Walked out with Term. Sal. for $10. Oh well. Was fun while it lasted.

[quote name='shrike4242']When the register has an item on sale, there's an asterisk by the price.

So, Madworld would show the price of $9.99* on the register screen. If it has the asterisk, it's considered a sale price and nukes the use of the coupon, since it doesn't work with a sale price.

This is how they fixed it last week with FTF, they didn't have the $19.99 price marked as a sale price, which is why it worked until they fixed it. When I tried to pick up the copy I wanted last week, the price came up with an asterisk, which is the sign of a sale price.[/QUOTE]
I'm almost positive people were saying their receipt/screen had the asterisk when it did work. What they did was deactivate the coupon IIRC, because people were bitching it wouldn't work anymore on w/e other title was listed for that same coupon.

[quote name='Izod517']Coupon also clearly says not for employees.[/QUOTE]

As for this, this is if we use our employee discount therefore making it much much cheaper for us. Already been through the loops talking to corporate about use of rewardzone card as employee.

Meant to add I had grabbed copies of all the "free" games. So no, the coupon works on none of these games. Wish I was wrong but thems the breaks.

I tried to buy some chips and TF Fallen, csr typed in the coupon and it said $20 off, but then subtracted nothing. Only after reading it did he say it didn't work because the games were on sale.

omega

[quote name='caliblue15']We are allowed to use them like regular people, as long as we don't use them with our employee discount, or if we use a rewardzone mastercard. I am a premium silver member, even though I'm an employee. You think they want to deactivate that account?

If I walk in as a normal person, not using my discount, I am just like all of you, what makes us different.[/QUOTE]

The fact that you can scan your card after any customer that doesn't have one and rack up tons of free RZ points? That is the reason why the BB where my roommate worked the employees had to CANCEL their RZ membership wihle they were employed there. I thought it was a corporate policy, but I guess maybe it just varies by region or even just store.

*Just want to add that I know it does vary greatly from store to store and manager to manager. One of his managers would sometimes offer me an unadvertised discount (not neccessarily employee but more like "this game is going on clearance soon" discount) that only the employees could take advantage of at that time cause I was in the store with him. So obviously there is some gray area.

its a no go in long island, the csr pointed out that the coupons fine print states that it doesnt work on sale prices

[quote name='Jodou']I'm almost positive people were saying their receipt/screen had the asterisk when it did work. What they did was deactivate the coupon IIRC, because people were bitching it wouldn't work anymore on w/e other title was listed for that same coupon.[/QUOTE]It couldn't have worked in that situation. Any non-sale price doesn't have an asterisk, any sale price does. That's how the register reps can find out an item is on sale without a sale flier handy.

It worked before because FTF wasn't marked as a sale price when they opened, though by around 4PM ET or there abouts, they fixed it in the register system and it showed up as a sale price with an asterisk.

There's probably some setting for an item in their system that is "SALE" or something like that, and the package price acceptance process invalidates the coupon if the item on the coupon has the "SALE" setting showing up with the asterisked price.

bread's done
Back