Def Jam Icon (Demo on XBL Now!)

[quote name='swetooth9']that came out of left field :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
???

I rented this game, it's a lot of fun online, but still not worth $60. $40 at the most. I havent explored any of the story mode, only throw downs, my soundtrack, and online matches.

[quote name='swetooth9']didn't think you would be intersted in this game haha[/QUOTE]

nigger please, Brak is the illest gangsta this world has ever seen.

[quote name='seanr1221']nigger please, Brak is the illest gangsta this world has ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Next to me of course. Give Braxor his propzorz. But I'm holdin it down. Reppin da 775 in the house!!!! Bitch.

this game is awesome..story mode is awesome

now how the fuck do i copy songs to the hard drive again? dont see an option anywhere on usb stick or through network

gay that i can used a playlist saved on pc or networked.

dont tell me i have to put on a cd or something because that would be retarded

[quote name='guyver2077']this game is awesome..story mode is awesome

now how the fuck do i copy songs to the hard drive again? dont see an option anywhere on usb stick or through network

gay that i can used a playlist saved on pc or networked.

dont tell me i have to put on a cd or something because that would be retarded[/QUOTE]
yes you have to put it on a cd

bro this is so gay.... i have no fucking cdrs and it wont let me copy from a dvd disc as data...

cant believe they make you go through this mission

i mean who the hell still uses cd's.. thats so 90's

Just finished the career mode. The story was interesting enough but I couldn't help thinking that they could have done a better job with certain things. Now I'm going to try to get some of those Hard mode achievements.

[quote name='seanr1221']nigger please, Brak is the illest gangsta this world has ever seen.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention I'm the blackest white boy on the Earf.

[quote name='guyver2077']bro this is so gay.... i have no fucking cdrs and it wont let me copy from a dvd disc as data...

cant believe they make you go through this mission

i mean who the hell still uses cd's.. thats so 90's[/QUOTE]

so you can put your own songs into the game? Do they affect the level and everything?

[quote name='mr ryles']so you can put your own songs into the game? Do they affect the level and everything?[/quote]
the environment bumps and jumps to the beats of your songs that you put, so yes..of course, some songs will work better than others

ridin dirty went pretty well with the game... havent been able to burn a cd yet with the tracks i want..

also dont remember if i mentioned it but the 360 version shows 1080p on the back. the ps3 version showed 720p..fyi

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Should I get this game or NBA: Homecourt?[/quote]

i'll let you know in 3 days, lol

i enjoyed myself (and am still playing online) with nba street homecourt...i'll see if def jam stacks up in my eyes

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Should I get this game or NBA: Homecourt?[/quote]

Homecourt, hands down, which I would describe as a refined version of V3.

I am renting Icon right now, and I'm glad I didn't buy it. All I wanted was a high-def version of Def Jam: Fight for NY, but they changed the fighting system so much, it's hard to recommend as a purchase. The saying "If you liked the previous one, get this one" doesn't apply here because the core gameplay is very different. Personally, I think EA got a bit too ambitious with all the changes.

Also, there are less fighers, less arenas, but the number of outfits/accessories seems about the same. The create-a-character options are pretty nice though, unlike Homecourt.

In short, play it before you drop $60 on it. It may or may not be your cup of tea.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Homecourt, hands down, which I would describe as a refined version of V3.

I am renting Icon right now, and I'm glad I didn't buy it. All I wanted was a high-def version of Def Jam: Fight for NY, but they changed the fighting system so much, it's hard to recommend as a purchase. The saying "If you liked the previous one, get this one" doesn't apply here because the core gameplay is very different. Personally, I think EA got a bit too ambitious with all the changes.

Also, there are less fighers, less arenas, but the number of outfits/accessories seems about the same. The create-a-character options are pretty nice though, unlike Homecourt.

In short, play it before you drop $60 on it. It may or may not be your cup of tea.[/quote]

if you did any research at all on the game, you would have known that the gameplay b/t this one and the previous ones would be vastly different...icon supposedly is more like fight night gameplay wise, very slow and methodical, rather than a fighting game alltogether

but yea, homecourt is still a really great and really fun game..it's much better than volume 3 besides some of the customization options and the gameplay is really refined and really fun to play offline and online

Ok I went out and bought Homecourt at Fry's for $48.99 and rented DJ:Icon with my E-Coupon from Blockbuster and I'll try them both out later after watching Borat :)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Ok I went out and bought Homecourt at Fry's for $48.99 and rented DJ:Icon with my E-Coupon from Blockbuster and I'll try them both out later after watching Borat :)[/quote]

lol, you got it made

[quote name='swetooth9']if you did any research at all on the game, you would have known that the gameplay b/t this one and the previous ones would be vastly different...icon supposedly is more like fight night gameplay wise, very slow and methodical, rather than a fighting game alltogether

but yea, homecourt is still a really great and really fun game..it's much better than volume 3 besides some of the customization options and the gameplay is really refined and really fun to play offline and online[/quote]

I don't think it's a question of doing research or not; I knew what I was getting into when I rented it after playing the demo (which is spot-on with what to expect with the gameplay). I do agree it's more Fight Night than Fight for NY, as far as fighting mechanics.

I still have a few days left on the rental, so I'm sticking with it and trying really hard to like it, but it's a struggle. :bomb:

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Ok I went out and bought Homecourt at Fry's for $48.99 and rented DJ:Icon with my E-Coupon from Blockbuster and I'll try them both out later after watching Borat :)[/quote]

That's crazy, I did the exact same thing.

Bought Homecourt, rented Icon with my BB e-Coupon (I was shocked it was in stock), and bought Borat as well. :)

Fight for N.Y. was dissapointing IMO. The first one felt a lot more like the "heyday" of AKI wrestling games, which is in effect the only reason why I picked these games up in the first place.

im really liking this game... i dont think it has the legs though that fight night does..once im done with story dont know how much id play it ... the music is damn awesome though

its just not as responsive and and slower.. if it would of been as fast as fight night then it would of been even better

wow, just got this game and i'm having fun...the demo definitely does NOT do the full version justice...i havent even started "build a label mode" yet, just doing pickup fights, and i can already tell that the fighting is a lot better than i thought it would be...pretty cool actually since it's kind of like fight night with an interactive environment

sweet, i beat the story mode...story was actually pretty decent

i like how you have to manage artists and make money, nice concept

now i'll be playing it again for achievements :)

[quote name='seanr1221']I put in some extra hours at work so I can pick this up....it will be the first 360 game I buy at full price.[/quote]

Not a good idea.. most stores have used copies by now.

hah, i just did another buidl a lable mode and i made a basketball player (tyrese rice) and he looks almost exactly like him...this games create-a-character is really pretty good

[quote name='seanr1221']Played a few online matches with Brak...the game is a lot of fun.[/quote]
still havent played an online match yet, but the story mode is pretty addicting...might wanna try that soon ;)

i'm actually on my second playthrough

It might just be me, but when I was playing online, I had a good one second delay between when I inputted my command, and when my character actually did it. Hopefully it's just me, right?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']It might just be me, but when I was playing online, I had a good one second delay between when I inputted my command, and when my character actually did it. Hopefully it's just me, right?[/quote]

probably lag...maybe teh connection b/t you and your opponent wasn't the best...try playing a few other players and seeing if it occurs again

Can someone explain to me how you go about getting the following achievements?

1. Brother's Store- Be Dr. Chang and protect your brother's convenient store during a solo match.
How do I unlock Dr. Chang and is this to be completed at the gas station?

2. Domination- Have your taunt tag appear on your dominated opponent's screen.
How do you make your taunt tag appear on my opponent's screen? And what is a taunt tag?

3. Killer Sound System- Bring your opponent's health to zero with volume at 11 at the office.
I have no idea what volume 11 means

4. Represent Yourself- Change your signature.
How do I change my signature?

5. Troy's Trophies- Be Troy Dollar and protect your trophies while fighting a solo match.
How do I unlock Troy Dollar?

Thanks for any help!! I really appreciate it.

Thanks that was helpful for the most part. The only 2 things I'm still unsure of are how to unlock Dr. Chang and Troy Dollar to get those 2 achievements.

i do indeed, looking for a casual fighting game for me and my roommates as well. besides Smash haha. looks like if they still have them by friday, i shall pick it up.

Before anyone goes crazy for the months old thread bumpage, this seems to be the closest thing we have to an official Def Jam Icon thread.

FYI - EA are shutting down the servers for Def Jam Icon on July 1st 2008, so if you need/want any of the online Achievements for this game you'll have to get them before then.

I've got it so hit me with a Friend request if you want to do some boosting.

That is all.

bread's done
Back