Defiance 50% off for PS3 & 360 (Gamestop - Starting 09/11 to 09/18) w/free Rift loot

CheapLikeAFox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1483 (100%)
Just got an email stating that from 09/11 to 09/18 Defiance physical version for PS3 and 360 will be 50% off at Gamestop:

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/defiance

That should mean $9.99 for a new copy.

Says prices good online and in store, doesn't say if used copies are included.

You also get:

AN GET FREE RIFT® LOOT WITH YOUR PURCHASE

Receive a Ghost Hellbug mount, Votan Fragger, and $5 RIFT Store Credits when you buy a physical copy of Defiance!

Click here to learn how to claim your Rift Loot:

http://www.riftgame.com/en/defiance/?utm_campaign=defi_gamestop_sep13&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email&utm_content=learnmore

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm 10 bucks.. is it worth it?
I paid around the same for it on the PC and I like it alot. I'm not usually big on MMOs, but this one grabs my attention. It's a TPS in a futuristic environment so it's not like every other fantasy MMO out there. Hopefully others chime in with their opinions on it too.

I don't know if they fixed it, but I've heard the console versions lag like crazy.  I played it a while on PC and can say it's definitely worth $10.

I'm definitely getting it. Was going to wait until this went free but this is good enough. Just wish it came out tomorrow, now I have to go to best buy tomorrow and gamestop Wednesday.

this game any good?
NO! At least, not the PS3 version. I actually returned it to Amazon, after playing it for 6-7 days, and got a full refund, based on the fact that "this is a shit game." No exaggeration, those are the exact words I said to the Amazon rep in the chat session. I got a 100% refund (damn I LOVE Amazon)! The graphics are on par with a late-in-the-life-cycle PS2 game. During peak hours on weekends the lag got crazy bad. Worst of all, this has to be the most uninspired MMO I've ever played. The quests are repetitive and boring (go the the X on your map, kill waves of bad guys, and in between waves go to the terminal/barrel and hold down X for 3 seconds). I could go on and on, but just no... this game is shit, I'm sorry.

ps3 ver run! 360 i heard just as bad... Enjoy cause this game been $10 for pc and $20 console. To bad bugs and dev ruined it. I wont get into it. Do not buy bits they vanish on crash no refund for you and it freezes and drops from servers alot for most.

This is $9.99 by default on PSN if anyone rather get it there over GS.
Big downside is you have to download almost 20 GB for PSN where as the disk version all you would have to download are patches (10 GB install would be done automatically through the disk.)

ps3 ver run! 360 i heard just as bad... Enjoy cause this game been $10 for pc and $20 console. To bad bugs and dev ruined it. I wont get into it. Do not buy bits they vanish on crash no refund for you and it freezes and drops from servers alot for most.
My head hurts. :headache:

Are you saying its broken and laggy?

All my 360 friends recommend the game and some play it quite a bit. Also didn't the first DLC just come out recently?

My head hurts. :headache:

All my 360 friends recommend the game and some play it quite a bit. Also didn't the first DLC just come out recently?
I've played off and on since launch (Xbox). I won't lie, it was unplayable at launch but I don't run into many problems now. It's totally worth $10 if you're at all interested in it.

My head hurts.  :headache:

save the $10, this game is going no where , but down. it will be f2p, it is basically aborderlands type mmo. if you can consider 16 players mmo

I've played off and on since launch. I won't lie, it was unplayable at launch but I don't have any problems now. It's totally worth $10 if you're at all interested in it.
Sweet that the problems were fixed in the game. Ill check it out. Thanks.

save the $10, this game is going no where , but down. it will be f2p, it is basically aborderlands type mmo. if you can consider 16 players mmo
I enjoy playing games. For such a low price Ill check it out. Heard nothing but good things.

Definitely the worst purchase I have ever made, but I'm probably still a bit sour from paying $70 for the CE. (After hearing a whole lot of hype about the game.) It's a decent game, but extremely repetitive. $10 sounds about right.

I bought it for $10 not too long ago on the ps3. I had a weird issue with audio. I had to uninstall it and reinstall it for it to clear up. After that it has been a awesome game.

I liked the show and rented the game. For me the graphics were lacking but not unplayable. The gameplay to me was repetitive but fun. I would rather have a digital download on 360, I would buy that for $10.

Well, one of my local stores had a 360 CE in stock.  I just put in a reservation for it anticipating that when I pick it up tomorrow it will be $20.  If not, I'll just cancel it.

Hmmm if they consider $19.99 50% off thats misleading as hell seeing thats been MSRP on this for a long time now even at GS....
who said it'd be $19.99 at 50% off? The above poster was referring to the collectors edition being $19.99 at 50% off. The vanilla version should be $9.99

I doubt the CE will be included but if it is I would be willing to grab it for $20.

Does this game have a single player mode? I'd purchase it for $10 if it does.
It's an MMO.

Wait, this is a MMO game? Are there any monthly fees?
Nope uses The Secret World/Guild Wars buy the box and play until the servers are shut down model. There is a cash shop but from what I understand they've done a good job staying away from pay to win.

Edit- FYI this has a TIV of $9 for 360 and $8 for PS3 at BBY still so if it is $10 and anyone's on the fence you can at least try it without risking more than a dollar or two.

This game is really fun. There are no monthly fees.  The cash store mainly sells cosmetic things like outfits and weapon colors.  There is no need to spend real cash to do well in the game.  You can co-op everything with three other friends, or just play it solo.  You can also form or join a clan.  There are certain events where a hundred players will show up to kill a big enemy or several waves of tough enemies.  Finding rare weapons, leveling the weapons up, and upgrading the weapons with weapon mods like stocks, barrels, magazines, and scopes is addictive.  You can also buy and collect different vehicles and level up your skill by driving them a lot.

There are also separate co-op maps, and there is PvP as well.  There are daily and weekly challenges to earn reputation with different factions in the game.  Earning reputation will give you special currency that allows you to purchase special weapons, shields, grenades, and titles.

The game has a generic sci-fi feel to it, but there's nothing wrong with that.  There a hiccups with the servers and occasional disconnects and occasional lag, which is true of any MMO.  There is no monthly fee to play.  The season pass costs $40, and so far only the first DLC has been released, which added an area where you can fight to earn rep to buy charge blades (an energy sword melee weapon).

After you beat the main game, you can replay all the main missions again.

Note that the game is completely server-dependent (even the main missions), so no internet = no play.

Ok so its 9/11 now, website still shows and 39, 50% off taken when you purchase?
Just a guess, but I would imagine it's taken off when you purchase. I think I remember that being the case with Heavy Rain not too long ago. That was an in-store purchase, so I can't speak for online.

As far as the game goes, I never really got into it as much as some others, but I think it's a pretty solid game. Seems to always be plenty to do, whether you want to play main missions, sieges, arkfalls, PvP, etc. I'm more addicted to the collecting of loot (a la Borderlands), and Defiance fills that role pretty nicely too.

Prices just flipped on the website showing it for $9.99 for PS3 and 360.

Price should be the same in store.  Hoping to see if anyone can snag the CE for 1/2 off too. 

I mean, this game is likely to be F2P eventually.  That said, for those who like to have the retail version of their games, this is a good deal. 

Yea Id say by early next year it will be F2P. If anything though I want to play this game before the next gen consoles start getting decent libraries of games.

Yea Id say by early next year it will be F2P. If anything though I want to play this game before the next gen consoles start getting decent libraries of games.

Yeah, and also, even when games go F2P the people who paid for it at retail usually get something as a bonus or some sort of status over people who come in during the F2P mode so there will likely be a benefit to buying it now.

So does anyone know how we're supposed to get our Rift bonuses?  There was no code or anything on my receipt, and the guy at the store hadn't heard anything about it at all.  He even tried calling two other stores after I showed him the OP.  None of them heard anything.

bread's done
Back