Defiance (MMO) Discussion Thread - Xbox 360

Yeah the beta has been pretty solid. The mega arkfalls with a ton of people are a bit laggy for me and my nephew is on an older non-slim xbox and has had a few lockups and glitchy stuff happen during those big arkfalls. My slim just locked up on me for the first time while playing the beta about 30 mins ago. I'm actually *still* on the fence about it. Amazon just put up a 20 amazon video credit but it's only good for the tv show. If they'd just put up even a 10 gc for it I'd do it damnit!

[quote name='DurbanBrown']everytime i tried to play it gave me an error.... delted and gave up[/QUOTE]
Same here... Tried to log in again last night, still got nothing but server errors.

I was able to log on 2 times and it was great but it would end up freezing on me after about an hour in and then it was just too much of a hassle to keep trying through those errors. Still not sure if I will be buying it.

I'm getting it. Just not sure on the version though. I'm debating between the regular edition and the ultimate edition. I don't care for any of the physical items though just the digital stuff that comes with it. Leaning more to the regular since I am all ready getting a bit bored during the beta.

EDIT: nevermind i'm going to wait. I was talking to my friends and there was just too many glitches during the beta and we were all ready getting a bit bored of it. I'd rather wait til a deal and get it during b2 g1 or 40 or under. It felt kind of cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had assumed 120 was the max though I'm certainly not complaining. I personally can't wait to get my hands on this next week.

Best Buy should be getting it since it seems like a first run pre-order thing and isn't retail specific. I really enjoyed the beta so I'm definitely looking forward to picking this up next week, hopefully my friends who were gonna get it as well stay interested in it so we can have a group going.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Best Buy should be getting it since it seems like a first run pre-order thing and isn't retail specific. I really enjoyed the beta so I'm definitely looking forward to picking this up next week, hopefully my friends who were gonna get it as well stay interested in it so we can have a group going.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking but they fail to mention it anywhere. I may just stick with my Amazon order but I'm getting this game for sure.

Is there a CAG group for this? I need to find some mature players to game with on this huge game.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']:lol: It is an MMO. ;)[/QUOTE]

Curious if you decided to get it. A few of my good friends (IRL) are getting it and we always play shooters together (Halo mostly) so they convinced me to get it. Though convincing me to buy a game isn't exactly hard... :booty:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Curious if you decided to get it. A few of my good friends (IRL) are getting it and we always play shooters together (Halo mostly) so they convinced me to get it. Though convincing me to buy a game isn't exactly hard... :booty:[/QUOTE]
As of right now, it's a no for me... I was thinking I would, but my experience with the beta (or lack thereof due to it being completely borked whenever I tried to log in) kind of soured me on it a bit. I'll wait for reviews and maybe pick it up soon if it's working well and people are liking it, but I'm not going to preorder.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']As of right now, it's a no for me... I was thinking I would, but my experience with the beta (or lack thereof due to it being completely borked whenever I tried to log in) kind of soured me on it a bit. I'll wait for reviews and maybe pick it up soon if it's working well and people are liking it, but I'm not going to preorder.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay. Well if you do and don't have people to play with let me know. As I said quite a few of my friends are getting it and we are planning to play it quite a bit. :)

So here's one of my questions that I was hoping to get an answer for in the beta... Are there towns, safe areas, NPCs to interact with, and stuff like that in the game? Or is it all shooting all the time?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']:lol: It is an MMO. ;)[/QUOTE]

But according to the box there's no monthly fee, right? There's no listing of a monthly fee anywhere on it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']But according to the box there's no monthly fee, right? There's no listing of a monthly fee anywhere on it.[/QUOTE]

No monthly fee, but I'm sure it has an online pass or something to substitute for a PC's cd key which your account should most likely be attached to.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']So here's one of my questions that I was hoping to get an answer for in the beta... Are there towns, safe areas, NPCs to interact with, and stuff like that in the game? Or is it all shooting all the time?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's safe haves/"liberated areas" that NPCs and vendors are. And your driving half the time. But there are random encounters in the middle between objective that give you extra exp and money, should you choose to stop and help.

[quote name='tcrash247']No monthly fee, but I'm sure it has an online pass or something to substitute for a PC's cd key which your account should most likely be attached to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the pass is the game itself. Now you can connect your ID on the defiance website to your gamer tag to get some bonuses from arkfall codes (like shift codes from borderlands) but as it stands, they don't require you to enter in an online pass to play. Nothing of the sort has been announced, although they do mention that it is possible to play offline as well.

I am still debating on it. My friend got it at walmart last night and wasn't able to log on until he had to go to work at 6 am cst. So he was pretty ticked. I was mainly waiting for him to tell me how the game was before I went and got it.
I just wish it would have been a GoD download for 360. I would have bought it on that since I am going to need to install stuff anyways.

So I rented it this morning and played for about a hour. I think I'm going to buy it, it's really fun so far. There is no online pass to play. If anyone wants to get down, send me a FR if you're not already on my list.

Btw that 10gb download is a kick in the nuts. My 120fb HDD is hurting.

I got it. Haven't played it yet but plan to tonight. Gamertag is to the left. Feel free to request me tomorrow. I don't think I'll try playing with anyone tonight since I am going to do things on my own to get a feel for the game again.
None of my friends got it like they were supposed to but I'm going to give it a shot since I planned on watching the TV show anyways and think it will be neat to see what goes on during the season.

thinking i may be down for this, had fun with Rift on PC from Trion and lke their mechanics. looking for something to play besides just ME3 and the normal stuff... may give this a go and hook up with the CAG crew.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Be sure to give yourself a hour or so for the patches after the initial install.[/QUOTE]

Thanks much. Forgot I read that on the Defiance forums and was going to playing in about an hour so started the update.

How polished does the game feel after the beta? Beta was pretty smooth considering it was an MMO beta on 360, but it was definitely rough. (I know it was a dated build as well)

[quote name='Rhett']How polished does the game feel after the beta? Beta was pretty smooth considering it was an MMO beta on 360, but it was definitely rough. (I know it was a dated build as well)[/QUOTE]

It definitely feels more polished to me.

So my connection to server timed out and now I get Critical The Defiance Service is not available. Please try again later. I was in the middle of the begging cut scenes like 2 minutes after creating my character so hope when I get back on it doesn't skip the cut scene. Been reading about a lot of issues with connections on their forums. Hopefully they give out some free credits to us for it but doubt it.

https://twitter.com/DefianceGame

Back up.
LOL servers are busy, you have been placed in the queue
queue position 510
Estimated Time Remaining 17 hours 1 Min

haha kind of wished I would have just waited until next week to buy it. I have a feeling these first few days are going to have issues and possible this weekend since its the first weekend.

Damn if server goes down during cut scene then you just skip it.
I'll create another character later to view the scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
So earlier when I was playing every thing was running good. I started up again About 30 minutes ago and the lag was crazy bad. I couldn't switch weapons, activate mission items, resupply ammo. It's a horrible mess right now.

I don't have much of a problem with lag except with Ark Falls. Having around 100 people on the map caused the enemies I was shooting at to glitch in and out and enemies were rubber banding all over. I've been kicked from the game twice which is annoying for lost connections.

Ok that's where I was, yeah the were tons of people there. Plus there was a raid boss(?) that appeared and everyone flocked to it. I couldn't do a damn thing.

Now that I had half a day to play it I recommended to my friends not to bother with it. I'm all ready bored of doing the same things over and over. Feels over priced for what it is. Kind of feels generic to me, everything from the graphics, enemies, and game mechanics. I'd hold off for a price drop unless you really like the beta. I'm so glad I didn't get ultimate edition. The friend of mine who bought this all ready went back to playing Bioshock after two hours and said he wasn't going to bother with the game again until he sees if the show is any good.

I have noticed the lag in other places now. I was doing those solo missions where you protect the van and enemies were popping all over the place.

I'm also enjoying this quite a lot, I had some issues server side (warping allies, enemies health regenerating) but nothing as bad as I was thinking there would be for an MMO launch, I've definitely played in far worse.

Just got this today, but I'm going on vacation so hopefully I can hook up with some of you guys next week. Maybe we can get a clan going or something.

Anyone else pre-order at gamestop? I tried to put in my code on the Defiance website and it said already redeemed or expired. :/

Shouldn't be a problem for me to get another code from my manager but I was curious if maybe this was universal or just isolated incident for me.

Also I am loving the game. I played with my buddies for like 2 hours before they shut down the servers for maintenance. No lag then but later man it was laggy as hell! I got on a little bit more last evening and the lag was gone.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Glad to hear they fixed the lag. I stopped playing yesterday because it was so bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was starting to get mad at how bad the lag got yesterday after the server maintenance. I couldn't switch weapons, my friends would get kicked when they opened up the map, and things would take forever to die. So I played Gears instead.

Anyone else see that it takes like 5000 in currency to start a clan?

We had lag before the maintenance at midnight and then after it was much smoother. There were def some little glitches here and there we ran into. I am thinking it will take several days for them to smooth things out.

I haven't been into an online game in a long time so I am happy I bought this one, feels very refreshing to me.

Picked it up and am really enjoying it. The only time I had a problem with lag was last night at an arkfall. Haven't had any connection problems yet. Smoothest MMO launch I've experienced yet.

Also like the idea of a CAG clan.

Install and everything went great, just can't get in at all... which is OK as it is bed time to get to work in 5 hours but tomorrow... you better be up or daddy gun be mad. CAG Clan FTW.

bread's done
Back