Dell Promo Deals (now Wiki)

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Promo Deals Page:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=gaming-deals

Deals Currently Active (use promo link above to see all listings):

NOTE THAT YOU MAY HAVE TO MANUALLY SEARCH FOR SOME TITLES

$25 Gift Card with free shipping:

FIFA 17

NHL 17

Final Fantasy XV

Battlefield 1

Kingdom Hearts III

Forza Horizon 3

Dead Rising 4

Halo Wars 2

Madden NFL 17

Gears of War 4

Skylanders Imaginators

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Dishonored 2

Gran Turismo Sport

Days Gone

Death Stranding

Detroit: Become Human

God of War PS4

Prey

Spiderman PS4

Injustice 2

NBA 2k17 

Horizon Zero Dawn 

The Last Guardian

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

$15 Gift Card with free shipping:

F1 2016

PES 2017

Dragon Quest Builders

MGS V Definitive

Ride 2

Agents of Mayhem

Recore

Killer Instinct Definitive Edition

World of Warcraft Legion

XCOM 2

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Skyrim Special Edition

Batman: Return to Arkham

Gravity Rush 2

Nier Automata

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Star Ocean

World of Final Fantasy (Vita)

World of Final Fantasy (PS4)

Hitman

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

$10 Gift Card with free shipping:

None currently

Gift Card Notes:  Please remember that eGift cards take about 20 days to be issued after the item ships and usually expire within about 90 days of issuance.  You should wait AT LEAST 20 days from the ship date before contacting Dell for missing cards.  Also, keep in mind that you may receive smaller gift cards (usually 5% of your order total) for the Dell Advantage Rewards program which is in addition to their advertised $15 or $25 gift cards.  Don't assume Dell is not giving you the full gift card amount simply because you receive a Dell Advantage Rewards gift card.  These are issued earlier than the promo gift cards.

Screenshots of website showing gift card amounts, etc. (provided in case you are having trouble receiving gift cards):

Yoshi's Wooly World

http://s16.postimg.o...l/yoshidell.jpg

Zelda Tri-force Heroes

http://s24.postimg.o.../zeldadell2.jpg

Dishonored: DE

http://imgur.com/Ygd6yus

WWE 2K16

http://i.imgur.com/Znzb410.png

CoD BO3

http://i.imgur.com/nyk3KLS.png

Fallout 4

http://i.imgur.com/KYPBKap.png

Shipping: Shipping is usually release date or the day after, but Dell can be hit or miss with shipping speed, so be warned if that is important to you.  DON'T trust release date delivery even if advertised.  Expect to receive most items within 1-3 days after release date.

DEAD DEALS:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any limitations with the free dell gift cards you get? Can they be used to purchase anything on the site? How long does it take to receive the gift card?

65JS8500, P50-C1, K8500, SB3851 Soundbar, Nvidia Shield, PS4

Looks like the double charge bug is still around...I think someone has mentioned that before.

One of the split payments on a gift card got deducted at time of ordering and then again around midnight of release date. 

I guess that's another thing to put on the checklist, don't have a balance on used gift cards at time of release.

Technically it's a pre-authorized charge that hasn't dropped, so the available balance on my gift is less than it should be. Does this ever fix itself or do you definitely have to call it in? Looks like my purchases that used gift cards for games released months ago still just have the pre-authorized charge on them....so probably not gonna fix itself.

I'm guessing this glitch occurs (or sometimes occurs) when the balance of your (split payment?) gift card has enough to cover the charge a second time on release date. Otherwise you won't see this problem.

Are there any limitations with the free dell gift cards you get? Can they be used to purchase anything on the site? How long does it take to receive the gift card?

No, anything works, I used one on a Solid State drive for my wife's PC a while back, also used on for a chat pad for XB1.

It typically takes the full 20 business days, or close to it. If you haven't received it by then, you need to email support. The best method is definitely email, phone takes forever on hold (only use that for defective to get immediate replacement, like if the game arrives crushed). With chat, they usually don't have enough information to take care of it and will have to "research" it anyways. Email it will take them a business day or two, but they always get things figured out and typically call later to verify it is ok - and at least you don't have to wait on hold while they fumble around getting it to someone that can actually fix it.

It's a shame the Cashstar people can't help with the double charges. You get a person right away on the phone and sounds domestic based.

I gave up on calling Dell support since it took forever and probably won't be fun to try and explain the problem. 

Is there no real Dell gift card phone department? They have a number posted a bunch of times but it just took me to regular support. The Cashstar rep transferred me to regular support as well.

The chat support went just like a missing gift card exchange. Take my info and just pass it along to the gift card team. So they have a gift card team, but I guess it's not possible to contact them directly. Maybe it's possible to ask a Dell rep to transfer you to it....but I gave up waiting to find out.

The guy above likes email support, but I never even get a response back from my email inquiries. I think my last 3 attempts went unanswered.

Looks like the double charge bug is still around...I think someone has mentioned that before.

One of the split payments on a gift card got deducted at time of ordering and then again around midnight of release date.

I guess that's another thing to put on the checklist, don't have a balance on used gift cards at time of release.

Technically it's a pre-authorized charge that hasn't dropped, so the available balance on my gift is less than it should be. Does this ever fix itself or do you definitely have to call it in? Looks like my purchases that used gift cards for games released months ago still just have the pre-authorized charge on them....so probably not gonna fix itself.

I'm guessing this glitch occurs (or sometimes occurs) when the balance of your (split payment?) gift card has enough to cover the charge a second time on release date. Otherwise you won't see this problem.
It does not fix itself and support will not help you. Same thing happened to me. Never leave a balance on a gift card with them.

It does not fix itself and support will not help you. Same thing happened to me. Never leave a balance on a gift card with them.
Just checked my gift card balance and they've already removed the pre-authorized hold/charge so it shows the correct balance now.

I'm kind of surprised it took less than 4 hours since the chat rep said 2-3 business days.

I should've jumped on that deal they had with the 55" OLED and free $500 gift card. Then I could've used the gift card to preorder a PS4 Pro or two XB1S...

Just checked my gift card balance and they've already removed the pre-authorized hold/charge so it shows the correct balance now.

I'm kind of surprised it took less than 4 hours since the chat rep said 2-3 business days.
Nice! They never took mine off. Several weeks later...

I should've jumped on that deal they had with the 55" OLED and free $500 gift card. Then I could've used the gift card to preorder a PS4 Pro or two XB1S...

those deals are reoccurring. Hold out! Great deals though, I bought my niece a TV, used that gift card towards one for my grandma, used that gift card towards one for my dad (went half on the remaining amount) and got to keep the $400 gift card

How are you people finding these deals? When I visit the website, it's such as mess I can't bear to look at it or try to sort through it. Kudos to you for muddling through it.
www.dell.com -> products -> gaming -> gaming consoles -> sub categories tab (Xbox/Playstation/etc) -> use sort by your preference

So you're probably thinking "well yeah, that just lists everything" but if you sort by highest price then all the stuff that really matters in regards to a deal is gonna be at the very top.

www.dell.com -> products -> gaming -> gaming consoles -> sub categories tab (Xbox/Playstation/etc) -> use sort by your preference

So you're probably thinking "well yeah, that just lists everything" but if you sort by highest price then all the stuff that really matters in regards to a deal is gonna be at the very top.
Yeah, i'm just griping because their website was perfectly fine before and had a decently organized "deals" page. Oh well.

Yeah, i'm just griping because their website was perfectly fine before and had a decently organized "deals" page. Oh well.
Everyone was thinking it was a temporary change to the website...but I guess not. I'm surprised they don't send out emails with their sales. There's a link to unsubscribe for marketing emails, but I don't see where you subscribe. You would think joining Dell Advantage would automatically sign you up for email marketing if it exists.

I actually just got a callback from my last attempt at reaching customer service via email (missing Advantage rewards gc)....only took NINE DAYS.

How long does Dell usually take for an order to show up and/or ship?

I jumped on the PS4 Slim deal Thurs night.  Got a confirmation e-mail.  The order page said it was expected to ship Fri.

But ~40 hours later I still have no shipping notice.  And when I login to my Dell account it doesn't even show the order.  And looking it up by the Purchase ID that was in my e-mail doesn't show anything either.

From those of you who have bought from Dell before, should I be worried?

How long does Dell usually take for an order to show up and/or ship?

I jumped on the PS4 Slim deal Thurs night. Got a confirmation e-mail. The order page said it was expected to ship Fri.

But ~40 hours later I still have no shipping notice. And when I login to my Dell account it doesn't even show the order. And looking it up by the Purchase ID that was in my e-mail doesn't show anything either.

From those of you who have bought from Dell before, should I be worried?
That's the dell experience. They are slow as molasses sometimes updating the order status.. Most of the time my orders are not even listed in my order history. I have to rely on all email communication to find my order summary. Case in point my BF1 pre-order which I purchased with 1 day express shipping. It shows a delivery date of 10/25 but it wont update for 10/21 until they ship it out. The summary doesn't even confirm my shipping speed.

What deal did Dell have on that slim you picked up by the way? I'm anxiously waiting on the PS4 PRO to be available. The slim finally being listed is a good sign that maybe they will put up a pre-order soon for the PRO.

Looks like Forza Horizon 3 and FIFA 17 are now eligible for $25 GC's. I guess they're starting to come back...
I wonder if this would just be a good time to convert Dell credit to BB credit. BB has a 50% bonus on Xbox One and PS4 trades this week. I know it's a little risky since BB trade values are subject to change, but I feel like they may keep the steady since they seem to be stocking up for Black Friday.

I wonder if this would just be a good time to convert Dell credit to BB credit. BB has a 50% bonus on Xbox One and PS4 trades this week. I know it's a little risky since BB trade values are subject to change, but I feel like they may keep the steady since they seem to be stocking up for Black Friday.
I'm pretty sure we'll see more games get gift cards, but it does seem like it's not going to be anything very consistent, so if you're anxious to get it over with, it might be a smart move.

So I ordered Mafia III & Return to Arkham (PS4) with a $25 GC each.  Now there is no sign of the promotion anywhere.

How screwed am I?

So I ordered Mafia III & Return to Arkham (PS4) with a $25 GC each. Now there is no sign of the promotion anywhere.

How screwed am I?
Were the gift cards in your cart when you checked out? If so then you're good.

If all else fails you can cancel. I ordered a game last week and when I followed up with CS they said I wouldn't receive a gift card so I cancelled.

Moving forward I'm not gonna bite unless the gift card shows up in the cart when I check out.

Were the gift cards in your cart when you checked out? If so then you're good.

If all else fails you can cancel. I ordered a game last week and when I followed up with CS they said I wouldn't receive a gift card so I cancelled.

Moving forward I'm not gonna bite unless the gift card shows up in the cart when I check out.
I'm afraid not. I should have taken a screenshot of it.

The only reason I picked them up was to use up expiring GC's.

I'll see if I get lucky with a sympathetic CS and see where that takes me. Thanks

I hope they offer at least a $50 gift card when the PS4 Pro comes out.

I dunno if it really matters, but how you add the item to the cart affects whether or not you see the gift card mentioned at checkout. It probably triggers the different checkout portals, i.e. desktop/mobile (from before the website changes) and whether or not it allows you 3 payment types.

Anyway, if I add an item to my cart via traversing through categories then I don't see a mention of the gc and can use 3 payments.

If I type in the Dell part number of the item in the search box and then add the item, it shows the gc but no 3 payment option.

From my experience, it is all somehow related and while the system will always show that you were eligible for the gc, it sometimes won't automatically send it.

That's the dell experience. They are slow as molasses sometimes updating the order status.. Most of the time my orders are not even listed in my order history. I have to rely on all email communication to find my order summary. Case in point my BF1 pre-order which I purchased with 1 day express shipping. It shows a delivery date of 10/25 but it wont update for 10/21 until they ship it out. The summary doesn't even confirm my shipping speed.

What deal did Dell have on that slim you picked up by the way? I'm anxiously waiting on the PS4 PRO to be available. The slim finally being listed is a good sign that maybe they will put up a pre-order soon for the PRO.
The PS4 Slim with $50 gift card that everyone else is talking about.

And since my order was supposed to be here tomorrow but I still had no shipping notice I called them tonight. They claim my order was on hold and never went through. And the only way to fix it is to cancel and re-order. But now they claim the $50 gift card is not available. So they're trying to screw me out of the only reason I ordered from them in the first place.

Not cool.

And since my order was supposed to be here tomorrow but I still had no shipping notice I called them tonight. They claim my order was on hold and never went through. And the only way to fix it is to cancel and re-order. But now they claim the $50 gift card is not available. So they're trying to screw me out of the only reason I ordered from them in the first place.

Not cool.
This kind of bullshit with them is why I wound up with an extra Gears of War 4 console. If it makes you feel any better I ordered over 20k worth of equipment not too long ago and they marked it all as shipped...when I got it the shipment was short a pallet and they had changed my order details to show 10 monitors were cancelled. They have some real assholes working there.

Not cool.
for what it's worth I never call them! Had a bad experience with them last year with a TV in which I was trying to cancel the order and the guy literally raised his voice to me over the phone, twice. I ended up calling more times that day until I got an American. I recommend using contact us>order support>chat> pick the tab for missing orders and items. For whatever reason the team you get through this chat takes missing items very seriously, same goes for gift cards.

Well I tried a support e-mail after the less than pleasant phone experience.  I guess we'll see if they do anything tomorrow.

Without the gift card, why would I pay retail price and wait 5 days?  It's just ludicrous.   Also if they don't give me the gift card, there's 0 chance I ever buy anything from them again, ever.  It's baffling.

Amazon would have overnighted me a new order, and given me a bonus gift card for my trouble.  Of course their order system doesn't screw up in the first place.  O:)

Well I tried a support e-mail after the less than pleasant phone experience. I guess we'll see if they do anything tomorrow.

Without the gift card, why would I pay retail price and wait 5 days? It's just ludicrous. Also if they don't give me the gift card, there's 0 chance I ever buy anything from them again, ever. It's baffling.

Amazon would have overnighted me a new order, and given me a bonus gift card for my trouble. Of course their order system doesn't screw up in the first place. O:)
look, with a email your going to end up waiting and still it's on their terms. Enter the chat tomorrow morning, that way when you talk to them you can show them the deal with a link or screenshot(you can take one now!!), which is still posted as of today. Email and phone is literally the worst way for any of you guys to get a problem solved. Do what I said one post above yours and enter a chat through the missing order/item reason.

The deal doesn't show up anymore for me, or I definitely would have pointed to a screenshot last night, or just reordered it myself without their "assistance".

If anyone else has a screenshot that would probably be helpful.

Dunno if anyone would actually buy this stuff, but since it's a slow period without the usual game gcs (seems weird only to have gc promos on 3 game skus).

T.FLIGHT HOTAS 4 WAR THUNDER STARTER PACK - $69.99 /w $25 GC  [PS4 joystick]

Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider - Wheel and pedals set - wired - for Microsoft Xbox One - $109.99 /w $50 GC

Hmm, well that's a first. I did a support chat and after closing the session I got an email for a simple quality rating, just select 1-5 stars on overall chat experience. It comes with a picture of the CSR. Now that better be a real picture of him and his nice looking office that he's in along with a genuine interest in playing cricket.

So then you select the star rating and it opens a web page which then has a comment box inquiring why you selected that rating (kinda annoying). It then gives you options on how you would like to reward the CSR: coffee, lunch, or product.

Weird...but I hope he gets a free lunch.

FYI, Dell is taking more notice to expired gift cards.

I placed an order with three gift cards and then got a notice that the order was placed on hold.  I called to find out why and they were able to tell me the specific gift card that was expired.  That was a first.  I've made a few purchases with expired gift cards and never ran into an issue, especially when they would allow you to just enter the expiration date yourself.

Anyway, I say all this as a warning to just for those who are waiting for more GC deals to appear but have GCs expiring soon.

Got my $25 gc for Mafia 3 today (10 days since delivery). So it's looking promising that the website changes might have helped with not getting gcs. I did order it post changes.

I'll see if I get my Tomb Raider gc tomorrow which I ordered before the changes (so might not).

I applied a coupon to my Gears 4 order, then used 2 GC's and my Visa to pay the total.  Transaction completed perfectly.  HOWEVER, the asswipes charged my card for the correct amount AND the amount minus the coupon, then removed both charges, then charged me again for the incorrect amount, which stuck.  Now they have to essentially beg their financial department to give me my $25 back; otherwise, I need to return the game (which, thankfully, I didn't open).

Next, I had to call them out on never giving me my $25 giftcard for my Forza Horizon 3 order.

This having to babysit every other order is starting to wear thin--a small part of me won't be sad if the giftcard deals are actually gone, as it'll save me from a ton of wasted time...

Tried to chat about an order and I'm getting the "sorry you are outside the chat hours of 7 am to 7 pm CST". It's 11:30 AM in CST...classy.

Between Best Buy and Dell I'm firmly convinced that tech companies are worse at customer service than anyone else.

Tried to chat about an order and I'm getting the "sorry you are outside the chat hours of 7 am to 7 pm CST". It's 11:30 AM in CST...classy.

Between Best Buy and Dell I'm firmly convinced that tech companies are worse at customer service than anyone else.
Hmm, I'll speak up for Dell customer service. Aside from the out sourced CSRs, which can be annoying, it's pretty good to the point that it's annoying. At times, I feel like they're harassing me with copious amounts of communication. The multiple emails to confirm my service request and make sure it was taken care of is okay, but the multiple phone calls is annoying. They even called me once on a Saturday morning at 7AM to make sure I got my missing gift card.

They must have some sort of incentive to get confirmation that the support ticket is successfully closed. I use to ignore their calls for confirmation, but now I have to answer them or there's a good chance I'll get another one plus another voice mail plus another missed call email...even as far as a week or 2 later.

I hardly ever get my promo gift cards automatically sent to me, but I've gotten 100% of them after one chat support + waiting a few days. Hmm, I had to do (2) chat supports once or twice, because they didn't submit a request for both the promo gc and Advantage Rewards, so that's a hard knock on them.

All this from recent experiences via chat since I stopped using their phone and email support which I'll agree is annoying and bad.

Hmm, I'll speak up for Dell customer service.etc etc

All this from recent experiences via chat since I stopped using their phone and email support which I'll agree is annoying and bad.
They merged my personal account, my business acount, and the prior owner of the business where I work into one account. I could understand merging my business account with his old business account but the only common denominator between my personal and business is my name....To say I'm annoyed would be putting it lightly as they are now trying to tell me my orders that I placed recently do not qualify for advantage rewards since it's a business account now.

Can't chat since it's a business account now, don't have a rep because it unassigned my business rep and they can't assign a new rep to it. Not happy, I'll be pulling my business purchases from them over this as well.

Don't try and tell me their CS isn't hot garbage.

Got my $25 GC for Mafia 3 with no hassle, didn't even have to contact CS. First time in a while it went that smooth. Maybe the website changes were good after all. Guess I'll continue on the Dell GC Train for now.

Got my $25 GC for Mafia 3 with no hassle, didn't even have to contact CS. First time in a while it went that smooth. Maybe the website changes were good after all. Guess I'll continue on the Dell GC Train for now.
Sadly, it seems as if the "Dell Train" stopped at the station and has yet to depart again: the pre-order gift card deals are all but gone from the site, and have been for over a week. Looks pretty likely that the train has made its final journey...

can you trade gift cards ?

getting a  gift card from world of FF i  will never use since there is nothing listed i want on 3ds/vita

Anyone get two $3 gcs for Mafia 3? I can't tell if I did or if one of them is for Tomb Raider even though I never got the $15 gc for TR.

Kinda strange, so I think I got the $25 gc for Mafia 3 around 10 days after release, but it took around 20 days to get the $3. 

I think I always get both gcs near the same time or never...ugh, they really need to tag the automatic gcs with order numbers. If anything, that's one good thing about not getting a gc, it's that when you put in a ticket they attach the order number to the gc email.

The only promo gc deal I see for gaming right now is the X1 S 500 GB BF 1 Bundle + GOW + controller for $390 + $50 gc. Maybe it'll still be around when and if they do the free game with console promo.

bread's done
Back