Demon's Souls: Black Phantom Edition - ~$50-$60

jacknicklson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
197 (100%)
http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Demons-Souls/~r420148/

http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/Demons-Souls-Black-Phantom-Edition/DEMONSOULSPS3/product.htm

http://hmventertainment.at/cheapyd?...oductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=138359

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/demon-s-souls-black-phantom-edition/10089364.html - Use coupon code APRIL2

Prices vary per store. Read the thread for info concerning opinions of each and such.

Thanks everyone for the extra links and store reccomendations!

Great price for those that missed out on the US Deluxe Edition

Demon%27s-Souls-Black-Phantom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I could just check on their website, but does anyone know if HMV is going to sell this (Black Phantom Edition)? I purchased stuff from there before and had it shipped (to the US) no problem. I'd rather not bother go through another registration process on another site to get this version if I don't have to. TIA!

[quote name='ssjmichael']They could actually release this edition in the US. It wouldn't be considered a re-printing of the Deluxe edition which they said they wouldn't do. And we all know it would sell quite well. It isn't likely but not inconceivable either.[/QUOTE]

I am unsure if this is possible since BandaiNamco published this in EU but Atlus in the US, so there is probably licensing issues.

I just ordered the regular US version yesterday. Nevertheless, I still wouldn't have dived into this one so I can play invade my friend or viceversa >=]

[quote name='Gamelore']I really hope they DON'T make DLC for DS. They should concentrate their effort on tangible content that can actually be owned, and not DRM for lease.[/QUOTE]

Idem. Amen. DLC detracts from developer's focus on delivering a complete experience. Most of the time. And, also, I like to buy tangible gaming stuff.

This is a very tempting limited release version of Demon's Souls. Considering that I continue to regret selling my sealed copy of Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition, I should buy this to make up for it. I already beat the game on a regular copy, but I no longer have it.

I guess I'll be re-buying Demon's Souls, since this is too good to pass up on. Do you guys know any EU retailers that ship to the US and accept PayPal?

[quote name='Gbear09']mmm makes me wonder if i should sell my deluxe edition and pick this one up (sturdy strategy guide would be nice)[/QUOTE]

That's the only reason I want it, because of the hardcover guide. The artbook looks like it's hardcover too but I can't find anything on that.

Just wondering:
I understand that this region game can play in US PS3. However, does anyone know that if this also applies to online gameplay? I mean can I summon/invade friends using their US version? thanks

[quote name='John']

Apparently it works out at around $50 USD delivered from Zavvi, use the code APRIL2 for that price.

[/QUOTE]

$50? Doesnt come out any cheaper than other places for me

For Americans who order from Zavvi or some other UK websites, they sometime have you input "address" and "postal code" on different lines (both required). Do you input your zip code twice? I only ask because it feels a little weird to put your city & state on a different line from your zip code (e.g. "New York, NY" in "address" and "10001" in "postal code.")

[quote name='neuropunk']Why? Zaavi is cheaper. After ship, £36.80. Works out to be about $56.50 after shipping.[/QUOTE]
i dont mind paying a few extra dollars to buy from hmv since i have personal experience with them for pre-orders.

i'd rather not try another foreign vendor that may drop the ball by either cancelling pre-order due to lack of stock, or ship with crappy shipping media and having a game arrived damaged.

hmv ships promptly and uses strong boxes to ship to the states. im sure zavvi is great for some, and im sure ill try it one day. but ill go with hmv for now.

When I lived in the UK, Zavvi, HMV and GAME were equally reliable, but I had no end of problems with Gamestation.

I bought multiple times from them online and every time something was wrong; eg pre-order Pokemon Diamond and receive Pearl, try to swap it for my ordered one and get an opened, broken case Diamond several weeks later [fixed it by going to a store with all receipts and email transcripts though]. I had about 3 other bad experiences, before I stuck to their retail stores and avoided the site like the plague.

I will probably pre-order this from where-ever I decide is cheapest and get it delivered to my parents and pick it up along with The God of War Trilogy later this year when I pay them a visit [assuming the volcano calms down sometime in the next few months].

EDIT: By the way, the code "MVC3" (min. £30.00) gets you £3.00 off at Zavvi, the "APRIL2" code only gets you £2.00

[quote name='Verloren']EDIT: By the way, the code "MVC3" (min. £30.00) gets you £3.00 off at Zavvi, the "APRIL2" code only gets you £2.00[/QUOTE]
Thanks. It came out to $55 USD after ship.

Zavvi code - MVC3

[quote name='killer ladoo']i dont mind paying a few extra dollars to buy from hmv since i have personal experience with them for pre-orders.

i'd rather not try another foreign vendor that may drop the ball by either cancelling pre-order due to lack of stock, or ship with crappy shipping media and having a game arrived damaged.

hmv ships promptly and uses strong boxes to ship to the states. im sure zavvi is great for some, and im sure ill try it one day. but ill go with hmv for now.[/QUOTE]

I would highly recommend not ordering this from anywhere but HMV. They are the only UK retailer I know of that ships to the US in boxes. Everyone else uses padded envelopes and there is an excellent chance your game will arrive damaged. The few bucks you save isn't worth having to deal with a potential return or keeping a damaged game. Trust me, I have used Zavvi, HMV, Game and Gamestation.

[quote name='bojay1997']I would highly recommend not ordering this from anywhere but HMV. They are the only UK retailer I know of that ships to the US in boxes. Everyone else uses padded envelopes and there is an excellent chance your game will arrive damaged. The few bucks you save isn't worth having to deal with a potential return or keeping a damaged game. Trust me, I have used Zavvi, HMV, Game and Gamestation.[/QUOTE]

I ordered two copies of FF 13 CE from HMV and they both came shipped it in a padded envelope.

[quote name='tossin']For Americans who order from Zavvi or some other UK websites, they sometime have you input "address" and "postal code" on different lines (both required). Do you input your zip code twice? I only ask because it feels a little weird to put your city & state on a different line from your zip code (e.g. "New York, NY" in "address" and "10001" in "postal code.")[/QUOTE]

I just put in my zip since it was required.

Ordered, thanks OP! Now to get rid of my current copy. :razz:

I've been getting raped in this game, so hopefully the strategy guide comes in handy.

I'm itching to get in on this due to the guide, artbook and cd coming with it, but I have a copy of the US version pending in from a trade right now. But my one buddies' brother in law wants to play this game, so maybe I could sell him that copy and grab one of these.

Hmmmm....decisions decisions. Hopefully they don't stop taking pre-orders on this anytime soon, since getting all of the stuff that comes in this package for about what it'd cost for a copy of JUST the game in the US would be very nice.

Though I certainly hope the guide is more informative than I heard the US Deluxe Edition version was.

[quote name='neuropunk']Thanks. It came out to $55 USD after ship.

Zavvi code - MVC3[/QUOTE]

I've gone threw to confirm order on Zavvi. Were do you input the coupon code? Thanks

[quote name='MrEKO73']I've gone threw to confirm order on Zavvi. Were do you input the coupon code? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Go to the "view my cart" page, there you'll see where to near the bottom. I actually had a bit of trouble finding it myself as well.

[quote name='crr_1119']Go to the "view my cart" page, there you'll see where to near the bottom. I actually had a bit of trouble finding it myself as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks you. I actually never did go to "view my cart" at the beginning I just added it then checked out. Thanks!

Very very interesting guys...huh, never ordered from overseas for anything.

A question I haven't seen asked: Do any of these (or all of these) charge you up front for the game, or is it like Amazon where it is transacted when shipped? It ships in 2 months, or more like 9 weeks, so, it'd be nice to know when the transaction goes through for obvious reasons (for one thing that's more than 60 days away, past any unfortunate dispute time frame for some of us, and for another, to know when you have to put the money up for it, etc...)

[quote name='BWS1982']Very very interesting guys...huh, never ordered from overseas for anything.

A question I haven't seen asked: Do any of these (or all of these) charge you up front for the game, or is it like Amazon where it is transacted when shipped? It ships in 2 months, or more like 9 weeks, so, it'd be nice to know when the transaction goes through for obvious reasons (for one thing that's more than 60 days away, past any unfortunate dispute time frame for some of us, and for another, to know when you have to put the money up for it, etc...)[/QUOTE]

zavvi doesn't charge until they ship it and you can cancel orders pretty easily too if you change your mind. I have no idea about the other stores though.

Most sites charge when ship. Zavvi won't charge you until they ship the game out, which should be June 25th, or somewhere around that time.

My 2 cents on ordering from the UK. Ordered FFXIII CE from HMV and got it dented as it was sent in a padded envelope. For those interested in UK PSN cards, try shopto.net, you can request for only the code to save on shipping. The various UK retailers listed at the beginning of the thread are legit as far as I know judging from the discussions I see in the UK forums.

Cool, thanks. I'm registering right now. The thing I'm thinking of now is how they want US addresses input. I have line one as street # and name...line two as Apt. #...line three is then the city and state and zip code...three lines taken up like it often is here nationally (sometimes apt. #'s are within street address line). I'm not sure if it will work though, as their format differs.

Edit: I placed the order, it was 55.34 USD through Zavvi, and I used MVC3 as the code. I will ensure I watch for it to bill in the second half of June.

I've reached the payment confirmation screen on zavvi and haven't seen a box for entering the april2 code. Where should I be finding it?

[quote name='killer ladoo']i dont mind paying a few extra dollars to buy from hmv since i have personal experience with them for pre-orders.

hmv ships promptly and uses strong boxes to ship to the states. im sure zavvi is great for some, and im sure ill try it one day. but ill go with hmv for now.[/QUOTE]

I've only ordered from them, but I will agree that their shipping to the US was adequate (took me about 10 business days to get Heavy Rain), and when I inquired about the status of my order, their CS was prompt.

I can vouch too that the box they sent my game in was durable.

So paying a few extra bucks for the "sense-of-mind" is worth it to me.

[quote name='BWS1982']Cool, thanks. I'm registering right now. The thing I'm thinking of now is how they want US addresses input. I have line one as street # and name...line two as Apt. #...line three is then the city and state and zip code...three lines taken up like it often is here nationally (sometimes apt. #'s are within street address line). I'm not sure if it will work though, as their format differs.

Edit: I placed the order, it was 55.34 USD through Zavvi, and I used MVC3 as the code. I will ensure I watch for it to bill in the second half of June.[/QUOTE]

Damn, should have ordered when you did- would have saved me 0.68. Damn the fluctuating dollar! lol

True, I wouldn't enjoy the hassle of an international return due to a damaged or incorrectly sent game, Vinny...Appears love or hate with Zavvi, flip of a coin. Hopefully I don't get the standard Demon's Souls or get the Black Phantom crushed beyond identification.

So anyways, why does HMV state that the game releases April 25th?

[quote name='BWS1982']So anyways, why does HMV state that the game releases April 25th?[/QUOTE]
I was just about to ask the same thing. Maybe a typo since everyone else has it coming out June?

Zavvi is trustworthy, they pretty much took over Virgin Megastore in England (maybe Europe? not too sure...). All Virgin stores became Zavvi etc, and I would say the service improved during the transition, never once had a problem.

But if you want to look at review sites you will find a lot of negative for practically everywhere. Consider this before you trust review numbers on sites like 'reviewcentre.com' etc. If you place an order and everything proceeds as expected leaving you pleased, would you post a positive review? The chances are you wouldn't. How about the opposite, the experience is horrible and leaves you frustrated, would you leave a negative review? You would be far more likely to do so.

Oh and yes, we Brits like to complain, we're quite good at it too.

Any info on which of these places pre order payment policies are like? Do they charge right away and hold the money for two months or charge when shipping?

[quote name='blissskr']Any info on which of these places pre order payment policies are like? Do they charge right away and hold the money for two months or charge when shipping?[/QUOTE]

I know Zavvi and HMV charged me when shipping (which, consequently means you wont know how many $ it costs until ship date due to exchange rate fluctuation).

I personally never ordered from dvd.co.uk, and I dont remember gamestations policy.

[quote name='Verloren']I know Zavvi and HMV charged me when shipping (which, consequently means you wont know how many $ it costs until ship date due to exchange rate fluctuation).

I personally never ordered from dvd.co.uk, and I dont remember gamestations policy.[/QUOTE]
Thanks either of those works for me, I just hate paying for something months in advance or having a hold on my account for a long time.

[quote name='def PD']I've only ordered from them, but I will agree that their shipping to the US was adequate (took me about 10 business days to get Heavy Rain), and when I inquired about the status of my order, their CS was prompt.

I can vouch too that the box they sent my game in was durable.

So paying a few extra bucks for the "sense-of-mind" is worth it to me.[/QUOTE]
by shipping promptly, i meant that they ship on or shortly prior to release day. but yes, it does take some time to reach US shores. most recently i bought just cause 2 limited from HMV, and i received it in New York 6 business days after release.

Zavvi is alright, but their shipping needs improvement.

I had my FFXIII SE shipped only in a bubbled mailer and the game was all crushed during transit. I had a refund issued without any problems (took awhile though), but I'm hesitant to use them again cuz of their shoddy packaging.

ordered from Zavvi:
Demon's Souls: BP - 34.44 pound
Record of Agarest - 17 pound
of course minus a couple pound with coupon

great deals, thanks OP

bread's done
Back