Demon's Souls: Black Phantom Edition - ~$50-$60

jacknicklson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
197 (100%)
http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Demons-Souls/~r420148/

http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/Demons-Souls-Black-Phantom-Edition/DEMONSOULSPS3/product.htm

http://hmventertainment.at/cheapyd?...oductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=138359

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/demon-s-souls-black-phantom-edition/10089364.html - Use coupon code APRIL2

Prices vary per store. Read the thread for info concerning opinions of each and such.

Thanks everyone for the extra links and store reccomendations!

Great price for those that missed out on the US Deluxe Edition

Demon%27s-Souls-Black-Phantom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, thanks OP! I already own a regular DS, but been dying to get my hands on a deluxe version, and this is definitely the best package for me! Went ahead and ordered from dvd.co.uk for just under $60! I'll sell my Black Phantom game sealed online as new and keep my US version for the set.

Sweet. I own the U.S. Atlus LE but I want this one too! I ordered from DVD.CO.UK and the total was 38.95 GBP = 59.7833 USD Shipped! :)

[quote name='prateeko']So where do people recommended ordering this from? I see the options but I'm getting conflicting ideas...[/QUOTE]
HMV! my last two pre-orders from there were just cause 2 limited and heavy rain special edition. both of those have cardboard slipcovers that almost always get damaged during shipping. hmv managed to pack them well enough in strong cardboard boxes that they arrived to me in pristine condition. (however, someone did mention receiving their hmv order in a bubble mailer).

if all you care about is price, then go with zaavi.

[quote name='John']Even cheaper from Zavvi now.[/QUOTE]

Ugh dammit. I had canceled my pre-order to put the money towards other things but I don't know if I can or even should attempt to resist.

Edit: This is from thehut.com not zavvi right? Is thehut reliable?
Edit again: What the hell is the deal stream and why can I not access the search function? Is there no US deal tracker?
Edit 3: OK so the total from The Hut is about $54 shipped to the US. Not bad. Havent actually placed an order for it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='remag']There's no way that I can play my US version save file on the euro version right?[/QUOTE]

Correct. There's a >90% chance that Europe will have separate servers from US and Asia, not to mention the game will have a slightly different game id (Or whatever the SCPH number is called)

[quote name='ivanwijaya']Zavvi is great. I ordered DS and agarest last week and I got Agarest in the mail today...less than a week shipping...nice![/QUOTE]
How did they ship? In a bubble mailer or a box?

I wonder if the contents of the artbook and strategy guide would be pretty the same as the Atlus' LE release here.

[quote name='eau']I wonder if the contents of the artbook and strategy guide would be pretty the same as the Atlus' LE release here.[/QUOTE]

artbook probably, but the strategy guide is one which is based off of fan feedback, I saw a story about it on Kotaku that the LE guidebook is not the same one that came with the US release.

In reality those who want a guide book can just download a FAQ online, these are 90 better than the one that came with the game. I've been using the online WIKI which is better than my strategy guide.

Just got a used copy from gamestop for $30 with the 25OFF. Should I return it and pay the extra $25-30 for this? I know some of you have already ordered from these sites. Most of them list free shipping in the UK. Is it really free to the US as well?

[quote name='inanim8']Just got a used copy from gamestop for $30 with the 25OFF. Should I return it and pay the extra $25-30 for this? I know some of you have already ordered from these sites. Most of them list free shipping in the UK. Is it really free to the US as well?[/QUOTE]

Shipping is free within UK... not the US. Shipping costs anywhere from $3 to $7, depending on the site.

Seen the prices members been quoted with the game shipped. A special edition at the cost of regular edition retail might be too good to pass up. Now to start the game to see if I like it.

Bump this thread as the game comes out this month. Anyone know of any new coupon codes? Cheapest currently appears to be DVD.CO.UK or Zavvi at 35 pounds each ($51).

hmmm, despite the listed prices on amazon and buy-it-now prices on ebay, it looks like a US deluxe edition can be had for $50-60 these days. it must be going down a bit.

[quote name='ninja dog']hmmm, despite the listed prices on amazon and buy-it-now prices on ebay, it looks like a US deluxe edition can be had for $50-60 these days. it must be going down a bit.[/QUOTE]

Well, seeing how this version seems to be superior to the DE version (as in the items you receive) & being roughly $55~$60... I would expect the US versions would go down.

That said, it's hard to resist picking this version up =/.

[quote name='ninja dog']hmmm, despite the listed prices on amazon and buy-it-now prices on ebay, it looks like a US deluxe edition can be had for $50-60 these days. it must be going down a bit.[/QUOTE]

maybe for a used copy, you won't find a new one for that price anywhere, it can cost you anywhere from 120-160...I know, i've been watching prices on ebay for the past month. I already have a copy of the DE but I foolishly opened...who knew it would become so rare :(

[quote name='apathylad']Ordered from Zavvi a couple months ago. I'm curious what condition it'll be in and how long it will take to get here...[/QUOTE]

Same here, been wondering all that as well. We shall see in a few weeks, I think it said June 18th it comes out or something like that. I figure I'll have it about a week or so before June ends.

I'm still tempted to pick up a copy of this deluxe edition, even though I haven't even played the US copy I have now.:roll:

Although I think it's the fact that this version comes with a hardcover guide, hardcover artbook, soundtrack CD AND the game itself and the fact that the US version guide(even w/ the shoddy covers that many ripped off to send in and get a replacement copy)even without a cover brings in some pretty good money.

Or at least it DID the last time I checked its value.

is the extra included in this Black Phantom Ed good enough to justify the $30 extra? or am I better off with buying the regular Ed for $30 and go to Wiki for help (the guide included in this Ed is from that online Wiki)

Is there any way I could purchase it from amazon UK and have it shipped over here? I mean, through a middleman or something? Any suggestions would help. Thanks! Also, i'm asking exactly what agentghost is too, is it really worth it?

well then,
Soundtrack can be downloaded....
Artwork book: hmm, I buy game to play, not to stare at Art Book for 3 min and let it collect dust
Guide: since the guide is from the online WIKIguide, it would make sense if I just go online and get help. Online WIKIguide get updated frequently too.

Look like no go for me, guys. I just buy the regular Edition for $30 from Amazon and use the extra $30 I saved on another triple A game.

Alright guys, my ship date was estimated to be 3 days ago, should be here any day now, in theory.

Logged in, my order status states awaiting stock pick, whatever that specifically means (I assume it'll ship any hour now, once they fulfill it, meaning it's available, but has to be packaged and sent).

We should update fellow CAG's for whoever we get it from to spread any peace of mind that will come of that. I'd ordered from Zavvi for around $58 or so on April 18th.

I hope it comes safe and sound. I'll wait an extra two weeks if it means it's in pristine condition. I'm worried about the condition a little...

Just canceled my dvd.co.uk order since it hasn't been prepped for shipping yet and switched to Zavvi since it's now cheaper than dvd.co.uk by a few dollars. Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly from here ... will update with details as they come, but it looks like the release date is the 25th so it may be into July before some of us start seeing these in the States.

That's weird, mine states 18-6-2010 (in Euro style date) which was Friday...

Either way, all I care about is the safe arrival of such a "coveted" and rare/unique edition.

To anyone who ordered Zavvi WAY back in April, the original price went down further; canceled my original order from April and made a new order which is cheaper by 4~ pounds.

Yep, comes out to around $52.47 shipped now from Zavvi ... not a bad price to get some of those extras.

Anyone have any idea if there will be issues with the Euro servers on North American PS3s? Might need a UK account which isn't too hard to set up, but I was reading about lag issues that folks in Europe had who imported the U.S. version ... will that be an issue for those of us picking this up?

Well what's even weirder (about release date) now is they apologized to me in an email saying they're just waiting on word from their supplier and it'll ship ASAP, and that I can check the status at any time, etc...

Confusing.

Anyone from other merchants have different estimated dates?

[quote name='agentghost']well then,
Soundtrack can be downloaded....
Artwork book: hmm, I buy game to play, not to stare at Art Book for 3 min and let it collect dust
Guide: since the guide is from the online WIKIguide, it would make sense if I just go online and get help. Online WIKIguide get updated frequently too.

Look like no go for me, guys. I just buy the regular Edition for $30 from Amazon and use the extra $30 I saved on another triple A game.[/QUOTE]
But if the guide from this version ends up like the US version one did, you're looking at the potential to make $40-ish over what you initially paid for the game/guide/soundtrack combined.:applause:

Is there a difference between this awesome looking version and the version Atlus made?

Edit: I looked at the picture of there version and I got more with my pre-order. Oh well, thanks anyways OP

bread's done
Back