Demon's Souls: Black Phantom Edition - ~$50-$60

jacknicklson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
197 (100%)
http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Demons-Souls/~r420148/

http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/Demons-Souls-Black-Phantom-Edition/DEMONSOULSPS3/product.htm

http://hmventertainment.at/cheapyd?...oductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=138359

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/demon-s-souls-black-phantom-edition/10089364.html - Use coupon code APRIL2

Prices vary per store. Read the thread for info concerning opinions of each and such.

Thanks everyone for the extra links and store reccomendations!

Great price for those that missed out on the US Deluxe Edition

Demon%27s-Souls-Black-Phantom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='0dantheman0']I haven't opened it yet. I am under the impression that the new guide is mostly text based from demonsouls.wikidot.com. So if that was the case then which is better would be a battle of form vs function. I think the US version is probably going to be nicer looking with pictures, etc while the EU version will have more up to date info and probably better information. So from a visual standpoint, the US version, but from a functional standpoint the EU.[/QUOTE]

Since I was the one who said it was mostly text based, I should clarify that it seems to have the same tables and such as the US one (based on the link to the US version). I was just hoping for more maps and full-page images.

Comparing the entries for Patches the Hyena, for example, the new guide has more info than the old one. In addition to the basic info, the new guide goes into more detail and tells you how to make him reappear if killed. I don't know if that info is in the old guide.

[quote name='BWS1982']Got mine in IL from Zavvi today, not really bent or destroyed, though, slightly dented (very minor, if you're picky) on one lower corner. I've picked up games and DVD collections in stores that were more beat up for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I judged too hastily (unwrapped it and quickly glanced over all corners and cardboard)...it appears that one top corner is a bit dented in much more noticeably than the bottom one. I figured I already wouldn't order from them again, though this cements it. No tracking provided (of any sort), very long wait times, and horrid protection during transit. I think I speak for many of us when I state this was an evil we were willing to tolerate/gamble with due to the uniqueness of the item.

I don't regret it, but I'm still upset about easily preventable issues.

[quote name='dnarwhat']i want this deal but i already have the standard i dont know if i should take the plunge[/QUOTE]

Soon your choice will be made for you. Its already sold out on 3 of the UK retailer websites.

Darn, I haven't visited CAG in nearly a year and I finally see this thread. Managed to order it from HMV UK, which was about $61 shipped so a bit more than what everyone else paid.

alright i decided to order worse comes to worse i can sell probably sell this rare item. also, did anyone order from hmv does it ship in good condition.

alright i decided to order it, worse comes to worse i can sell probably sell this rare item. also, did anyone order from hmv does it ship in good condition.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Soon your choice will be made for you. Its already sold out on 3 of the UK retailer websites.[/QUOTE]

but seeing how crappy the condition it arrives in after reading this thread, I am hesitate to order :cry:

thehut.com sent mine in thin bubblewrap packaging. I lucked out though, no damage.

This is my first time playing and I'm enjoying the game. The walkthrough has some holes though... if you follow it's instructions to the letter, when you get to The Adjudicator, he can kill you in one hit. I mean, it's a pretty easy boss but just one tongue or cleaver hit to make you restart the level is rough. Also the build they are recommending is confusing, they give you some guidelines and then the recommendations don't fit the guidelines.

On the wiki, I don't see a walkthrough or build that is much like the book's. Maybe I'm missing it?

[quote name='Purkeynator']Soon your choice will be made for you. Its already sold out on 3 of the UK retailer websites.[/QUOTE]

Which places are left? I've been wanting to order but the crappy shipping has been worrying me

My copy came in from HMV UK and it looks like they still have them in stock online. It was packed amazon style in a box held in place by shrink wrap. All 4 corners were perfect, no damage anywhere on the game box.

58496946.jpg

This question might have been beaten to death. Why everyone is going the extra mile to import this from UK? Don't you have to play online with a UK account?

I understand the motivation if you already have the US version and are simply import this UK version for the guide book.

Yeah. HMV always impresses me when it comes to packaging. If you've bought anything in their stores, like CDs, they also don't come with the BS plastic wrap or sticker that leaves residue on the cases.

[quote name='eau']This question might have been beaten to death. Why everyone is going the extra mile to import this from UK? Don't you have to play online with a UK account?

I understand the motivation if you already have the US version and are simply import this UK version for the guide book.[/QUOTE]

Yup. But I've never owned a copy of this game, so I don't mind creating a new character to play again.

[quote name='ne2eire']My copy came in from HMV UK and it looks like they still have them in stock online. It was packed amazon style in a box held in place by shrink wrap. All 4 corners were perfect, no damage anywhere on the game box.

58496946.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow dude thanks this is what i was looking for. If i could rep you i would. Takes the guess work out.

[quote name='nddave']Wow dude thanks this is what i was looking for. If i could rep you i would. Takes the guess work out.[/QUOTE]

Before you go ordering, realize that the Black Phantom Edition is no longer on the site. (HMV) What you are seeing is a pre-order for the regular edition when it comes out. Pretty much everyone is sold out of the Black Phantom Edition except one retailer who charges over $80 shipped to the U.S....

[quote name='Purkeynator']Before you go ordering, realize that the Black Phantom Edition is no longer on the site. (HMV) What you are seeing is a pre-order for the regular edition when it comes out. Pretty much everyone is sold out of the Black Phantom Edition except one retailer who charges over $80 shipped to the U.S....[/QUOTE]

Yup i caught that thanks

The weird part of playing the UK version is that we don't get the same events as the US version. For instance, Atlus is running a "pure white world tendancy" event on the US servers right now.

I dig this game a lot. Picked up a few days ago on a whim at the gamestop sale (I was on the fence after reading reviews...seems to be a real love/hate relationship with this baby). The first couple of hours there's a bit of a learning curb to it, more so than most games because really it kind of leaves it up to you to really figure it out, after you start to get the swing of it and see that the game is not unfair in anyway it is just based off your skill level I found myself drawn into it more. It's a game where if you find yourself in a situation where you can't seem to get any further, it's your fault and not the games, it doesn't cater to you, which is nice actually once you get pulled into it.

Basically it's like one of those unforgiving old school games where once you beat it it actually feels like some sort of life achievement.

Oreopimp: I had the same experience with this game. I'd say that Phalanx's trophy is my most prized trophy, because it was so hard to get and paid off such wonderful dividends. Once you get past Phalanx, the whole game opens up for you.

bread's done
Back