Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

Anybody changing the class the main? I know I'm one of the few on here who only plays one character. Debating between sticking with my warlock or going hunter. Leaning towards staying warlock.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Anybody changing the class the main? I know I'm one of the few on here who only plays one character. Debating between sticking with my warlock or going hunter. Leaning towards staying warlock.

I think I'm going to stay titan. May change if I do a later run thru for particular achievements.

I'm spoiled by the Hunter's triple/quadruple jump. I still can't properly handle the "jump" that Titans and Warlocks have. That being said, I'll probably still play all three classes.

No sir, sticking with Titan for my main. Then probably Warlock.

I'm spoiled by the Hunter's triple/quadruple jump. I still can't properly handle the "jump" that Titans and Warlocks have. That being said, I'll probably still play all three classes.
I know. Sometimes I die 4 times in a mission just from trouble with titan jumping and not enemy attacks.

I ran out today to pick up some Destiny related junk.  Came back somewhat successful. 

I found the Titan Rockstar drink, so I grabbed that.....I'll pour it out and upload the code later.  :D   Also found some D2 pop tarts in the flavor my kids like so I grabbed those.  Also found the Oryx Funko Pop at GS along with those Kontrol Freeks stick extender things.  I've always been curious about those.

Lastly, a Target by me showed that they had 4 of the Target Ghost Vinyls in stock, so I ran over there.  Just to be told by the manager that they would not break the release date of 9/6.  I was pretty butthurt by that.  Stupid target and their stupid rules.  :nottalking:

I told myself I wouldn't be picking up D2...but here I am.

XBL = MOStateSuperman

Timezone = CST

Best time = Evenings/Weekends

Main = Warlock

Interested in = PvE/PvP/Everything in between

I ran out today to pick up some Destiny related junk. Came back somewhat successful.

I found the Titan Rockstar drink, so I grabbed that.....I'll pour it out and upload the code later. :D Also found some D2 pop tarts in the flavor my kids like so I grabbed those. Also found the Oryx Funko Pop at GS along with those Kontrol Freeks stick extender things. I've always been curious about those.

Lastly, a Target by me showed that they had 4 of the Target Ghost Vinyls in stock, so I ran over there. Just to be told by the manager that they would not break the release date of 9/6. I was pretty butthurt by that. Stupid target and their stupid rules. :nottalking:
You just need to get these sweet Destiny socks from Best Buy and you're all set!

Sucks about Target not selling the Ghost. It's definitely not street dated, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get mine, but i can see why they'd be holding them till the 6th.

BTW you still active with the FoF clan?
f4963dfec623d47375b6a2e02c73cd75.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW you still active with the FoF clan?
I am now. With Destiny 1, I started with the CAG clan, then bounced over to FoF (who I knew of from my ME3 MP days), but ended up running with DoD X1 Ghost guys a lot in the last year as players started to dwindle a bit. I have to say, there are great guys in all of those clans, but the CAG one didn't have enough players to allow you to jump in with groups easily and DoD tended to get clique-ish and it could be hard to get into standing groups who got into a routine. So, yes, FoF it is for me. They seemed to be the coolest group around and there was always someone(s) who you could jump in with easily.

Note to the others, FoF = Federation of Fathers. You don't have to be a Dad or a parent to join, there are chicks and younger dudes without kids. But, being a Dad and husband, I love that their motto is "Family First" so it's a very much a good group who works with you and around real-life responsibilities.

The other thing about running with a larger clan is that there will be clan rewards. So it's advantageous for us to join a larger clan rather than starting our own CAG clan as we'll have a much higher chance for better rewards. I don't know much about those rewards yet, but we'll find out soon.

One Target in my entire area supposedly has these...

Lastly, a Target by me showed that they had 4 of the Target Ghost Vinyls in stock, so I ran over there. Just to be told by the manager that they would not break the release date of 9/6. I was pretty butthurt by that. Stupid target and their stupid rules. :nottalking:
But - it isn't worth fighting traffic if this is going to be a thing... Hmmmm...

I would have done Warlock but there's no more self-res, right? In that case I'll stick with my original main, which was a Titan. At least at first. Will probably do all 3 like before.

Are people saying they are getting the figures now from Gamestop? They didn't have any left when I originally preordered but the web site makes it sound like it is given out with the game now.

I was chatting with the guys at my store today and they said they have a s-ton of the Cayde-6 figures in the back, but they are handing them out with the game. 

Side note, the Funko Pops are sick.  Cayde and Oryx are the best, IMO. 

Yeah FoF is a great group of people. There weren't any girls when it started, but like you said it's all about family. Might have to get active again, i stopped around TTK

Yeah FoF is a great group of people. There weren't any girls when it started, but like you said it's all about family. Might have to get active again, i stopped around TTK

Thats around the time I drifted, too. Cheddar Johnson is already setting up groups for next week and a lot of the same folks are still around.

Kind of want the 3 raid boss Funkos and the Ghost vinyl.
The only one I need now is Crota, which is Target exclusive and they aren't releasing until next week. Target can be hit and miss with Pop exclusives. I'm hoping this one is easy to grab because I don't want to go the ebay route.

Thats around the time I drifted, too. Cheddar Johnson is already setting up groups for next week and a lot of the same folks are still around.
Yeah those guys are great about scheduling matches. Good stuff!

The only one I need now is Crota, which is Target exclusive and they aren't releasing until next week. Target can be hit and miss with Pop exclusives. I'm hoping this one is easy to grab because I don't want to go the ebay route.
I have the worst time finding exclusives at Target, they suck. And to top it off they have a Chase Crota also.

Thanks for starting the new thread, Chubby.

XBL = Simosaurus

Timezone = EST

Best time  =  9:00 PM

Main = Warlock, probably, but I will probably be running all 3 in short order

Interested in = All the things

Wow, raid comes out just a week after launch:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/1/16240954/when-does-destiny-2-first-raid-launch

I'm not too terribly excited about that. I kind of wanted to take it a little slower this time around :lol:.
Totally agree with you, io. During the second year of Destiny, I constantly felt like I was under pressure to "keep up" and it got...unhealthy. I was looking forward to having a month or two to just plug away at my own pace without feeling like I was in a race to get to max light right away.

Broke down and got two of the raid boss Funkos at GS since I had a $10 and $5 reward since I recently traded in a lot of stuff.

Thanks for starting the new thread, Chubby.

XBL = Simosaurus

Timezone = EST

Best time = 9:00 PM

Main = Warlock, probably, but I will probably be running all 3 in short order

Interested in = All the things
Ugh, who invited this guy? :D/

Gonna try and pick up some goodies today. I didn't see anything at 2 targets yesterday.
Good luck! Target and Gamestop seem to be the places for Destiny goodies.

I was at Target and picked up a box of D2 themed Pop Tarts.  So, this gives us a Sparrow (cool) and, if I'm reading this right, a single mote of light?  Really?  This "XP Boost" is a single mote?  If motes still work the same, that's kind of weak.  

Listening to Byf's D1 "Complete Story" lore video right now and it's pretty good.  I thought about forwarding the link to a friend who never got that deep into D1, but this might just intimidate him rather than get him excited for D2.

I just got the Kellogs code for the sparrow, too.  I believe that is target exclusive, but it didn't say anything about that on the box, so who knows. 

Yes, Byf's complete story lore video is really good.  I usually prefer Mylen Games over Byf for Destiny lore, but Byf's work has become very, very good.  Here's a link to the D1 complete story video:

https://youtu.be/_2avSq-82oI

FYI, there is a D2 thread in the PS4 forum.  I figured if having a connection over there can enhance the discussion, bring more Guardians into the fold, it'd be a good thing.  Here's a link:  https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/364451-destiny-2-ps4-official-thread/ 

Also, I learned something cool yesterday.  The live action trailer was shot in Downtown Detroit!  I recognized the tunnel as the tunnel to Cobo Hall and the director of the ad confirmed it! 

5079044dfaa4b2082d81db049171a5a1.jpg

A lot of the shots were also done at an old Packard plant and more at a vacant Cadillac plant.  Very cool.  yes, there are some run down and abandoned shithole areas of Detroit.  But now that I work downtown, I'm starting to see the renassaince of the city and it's instilling some Detroit pride into this suburban (40 year old) kid. 

https://youtu.be/LSxElWwWVFE

Guys - keep in mind you don't have to have the D2 branded pop tarts box to get the codes (these things are selling for crazy $$ on eBay). You simply have to text/email a photo of your receipt to the number or email provided. Did this yesterday and received both codes (XP & Sparrow) overnight.

You do still have to have a Target receipt for the Sparrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys - keep in mind you don't have to have the D2 branded pop tarts box to get the codes (these things are selling for crazy $$ on eBay). You simply have to text/email a photo of your receipt to the number or email provided. Did this yesterday and received both codes (XP & Sparrow) overnight.

You do still have to have a Target receipt for the Sparrow.

Reciept for purchase of the pop tarts @ target that I can't find, right?

Anybody have dcpi for brickseek.com?

Reciept for purchase of the pop tarts @ target that I can't find, right?

Anybody have dcpi for brickseek.com?
I don't have the list of flavors/sizes, but my wife picked up a 12 pack of strawberry (no promo box) and that worked. Is your Target sold out of Pop Tarts?

I got the brown cinammon sugar 24 pack or whatever the larger size is.  I think what MOState is saying is that you can buy *any* pop tart at Target and use the instructions on the destiny theme box and get the reward.  Is that right MOState? 

For reference, here's the instructions off of my box: Text D2XP and a photo of your receipt to 89332.  Must be purchased between 9/1 and 12/31/7

I got the brown cinammon sugar 24 pack or whatever the larger size is. I think what MOState is saying is that you can buy *any* pop tart at Target and use the instructions on the destiny theme box and get the reward. Is that right MOState?

For reference, here's the instructions off of my box: Text D2XP and a photo of your receipt to 89332. Must be purchased between 9/1 and 12/31/7
You got it. There is a list floating around of "approved" flavors and sizes, but all of the standards are covered.

I don't have the list of flavors/sizes, but my wife picked up a 12 pack of strawberry (no promo box) and that worked. Is your Target sold out of Pop Tarts?

No. I was confused. I didn't realize it was any box of pop tarts from target that would work. I was wandering around targets looking for the promo box. My bad. Thanks for clarifying.

No. I was confused. I didn't realize it was any box of pop tarts from target that would work. I was wandering around targets looking for the promo box. My bad. Thanks for clarifying.
I had no idea this would've worked, so I would have been wandering too if I hadn't found my box or saw MOState's post.

A lot of people are capitalizing on the confusion. Thing is, you have to text/email the receipt showing you made the purchase, so the folks paying $30+ for two boxes of pop tarts will have nothing but boxes to show for it.

It could have been explained better, but I'm not sure Kellogg's anticipated the demand for the program. I am a fan of this system though, because these promotions often come and go without so much as a sign of "specially-marked boxes". That's my experience, anyway.

Is that how you get the Sparrow too? From the Pop Tart 2XP code?

Edit: found my answer a page back.

I think this works because they don't change the UPC for a particular flavor and box size of pop tarts. They just update the rest of the labeling for the promo.

Are the XP bonus from the Pop-Tarts stackable?
If you mean can you get multiple codes and use them more than once, I think so. Back of the label says +25% for 4 hours.

If you're asking if you can use the codes simultaneously in game play, then I'm not sure about that.

If you mean can you get multiple codes and use them more than once, I think so. Back of the label says +25% for 4 hours.

If you're asking if you can use the codes simultaneously in game play, then I'm not sure about that.
No just want to use one at time if possible. I'm sorry I worded my question wrong. I wonder if the non-frosted strawberry ones work, They are the only ones I can stand and I don't think my son, daughter, or wife like them at all.

No just want to use one at time if possible. I'm sorry I worded my question wrong. I wonder if the non-frosted strawberry ones work, They are the only ones I can stand and I don't think my son, daughter, or wife like them at all.
I plan on dumping them off on people at work.

And yes unfrosted strawberry 8 pack is on the official list.

Rockstar Energy is also running a promo. In game gear requires codes from cans . Use of code also enters you in sweepstakes for physical prizes. Sweepstakes drawings are no purchase necessary (you can mail in entries and not have to drink it [or dump it down the drain]) - you can win physical prizes such as PS4 or customized motor cycle. Details are here:

https://destiny2.rockstarenergy.com/

Check official rules link in lower left region of page to get details on mail in for sweepstakes.

bread's done
Back