Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

It's a free sign up. They ran a promotion for Halo Wars 2 that required sign up as well - that's when I signed up originally.
How long does the code take to get sent? I got a response that they were verifying it but I'm pretty sure I'm not part of any KFR thing - at least not associated with my phone in any way. I just bought a 12-pack of cinnamon sugar ones. We get those all the time anyway.

I also got the Ghost at Target! They got them in stock at a much closer store. I had to ask the Electronics clerk about it and he looked up the DPCI and went to the back to get one. I'm a little confused though - what else should I be looking for at Target? They had no other Destiny stuff out and I didn't know what else to ask for.

At Gamestop they showed me the Cayde figure but said I'd have to get it at the 9pm release party thing on Tuesday. They didn't have the engram things any more and were just unpacking a few Destiny Pop figures but hadn't checked them in yet. I wanted to print some Gamestop rewards coupons anyway so I might go back tomorrow for some of those. What does GS have vs Target?

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does the code take to get sent? I got a response that they were verifying it but I'm pretty sure I'm not part of any KFR thing - at least not associated with my phone in any way. I just bought a 12-pack of cinnamon sugar ones. We get those all the time anyway.

I also got the Ghost at Target! They got them in stock at a much closer store. I had to ask the Electronics clerk about it and he looked up the DPCI and went to the back to get one. I'm a little confused though - what else should I be looking for at Target? They had no other Destiny stuff out and I didn't know what else to ask for.

At Gamestop they showed me the Cayde figure but said I'd have to get it at the 9pm release party thing on Tuesday. They didn't have the engram things any more and were just unpacking a few Destiny Pop figures but hadn't checked them in yet. I wanted to print some Gamestop rewards coupons anyway so I might go back tomorrow for some of those. What does GS have vs Target?
Some of the GS pops are exclusives. They have the black sticker on them that says so.

There are some McFarlane figures at gs if you like those.

Rockstar has drinks with codes for gear haven't found any at target.

Xur and Atheon are Gamestop exclusives and Crota is the Target exclusive that hasnt been released as of yet. The other five Cayde, Oryx, Shaxx, Ikora, and Zavala are universal releases. Also one out of six Crotas will be a chase varient that glows in the dark.

People who have done the Poptart text thing how long does it tale to "verify"?  Not sure if I need to sign up for KFR or not.

Xur and Atheon are Gamestop exclusives and Crota is the Target exclusive that hasnt been released as of yet. The other five Cayde, Oryx, Shaxx, Ikora, and Zavala are universal releases. Also one out of six Crotas will be a chase varient that glows in the dark.
Thanks - this is what I need to know. So I will buy Xur and Atheon if I see them at Gamestop. It seems like they only had Cayde, Ikora, etc though.

Oryx was the one that was hard for me to track down only had one at the GS's around me.

When I sent the receipt, I made sure my phone number was attached to my KFR profile. I sent the code Friday afternoon and received the "approval" (via text and email) overnight - it took about 10 hours total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is gs not doing buy 3 pops get one free any more?

Didn't work for me when I had the associate test it.
Might have ended. It was working earlier in the week.

I got the two GS exclusives at my local GS that I frequent. Then another area GS had Oryx. No stores in MI have the vanguards yet, so I had to order those. Got 'em all in except Zavala, who's coming next week. I'm not a mega-huge pop collector, but these turned out really, really good. I just wish they made a Master Rahool.

If they do a 2nd wave, I hope for Rahool, Varicks, Eris, maybe an oversized Aksis or Phogoth, The Sweeper bot would be funny, too.

When I sent the receipt, I made sure my phone number was attached to my KFR profile. I sent the code Friday afternoon and received the "approval" (via text and email) overnight - it took about 10 hours total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I'll be the guinea pig and see what happens without a KFR account.

So, I'm sitting here late Saturday night. There's nothing I really want to watch on Netflix or anything else. My mobile games are boring right now. I'd really like to be playing Destiny 2 this holiday weekend. Too bad they couldn't get it out before the weekend. Instead, they are releasing it on what is the first day of school here.

Just a heads up. I was out today and out of curiosity I checked FYE and Best Buy for Destiny related Pops. Nothing Destiny related.

However FYE has a good deal on their non-exclusive pops. Buy 2 get one 75% off. Comes out to $27 or $9/pop.

So, I'm sitting here late Saturday night. There's nothing I really want to watch on Netflix or anything else. My mobile games are boring right now. I'd really like to be playing Destiny 2 this holiday weekend. Too bad they couldn't get it out before the weekend. Instead, they are releasing it on what is the first day of school here.
I was thinking the same thing last night. Seems like a long weekend would be a great time to release a new game.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Sent two receipts in on Saturday night via two separate texts and only so far received the confirmation texts that they received the receipts and nothing else.

Same here : /

Been in a weird bored funk all weekend. I really want to play Destiny 2 PLUS I am finally caving and getting a Switch Friday with the Walmart Splatoon bundle so I have so many things this upcoming week that I want to play that nothing I own right now seems enjoyable. Blah.

I ended up playing Titanfall 2's Horde mode finally and it was pretty fun. Good shooting, leveling mechanics and coop waves of enemies. I just pretended the whole time I was protecting my ghost as he was scanning stuff : P

Looking forward to playing with everyone again. I like how besides Destiny we all play different games but then its like we all come back home for Destiny haha.

Do we have someone making a CAG Clan already? If not I would be down to put it together and start inviting people.

Been in a weird bored funk all weekend. I really want to play Destiny 2 PLUS I am finally caving and getting a Switch Friday with the Walmart Splatoon bundle so I have so many things this upcoming week that I want to play that nothing I own right now seems enjoyable. Blah.

I ended up playing Titanfall 2's Horde mode finally and it was pretty fun. Good shooting, leveling mechanics and coop waves of enemies. I just pretended the whole time I was protecting my ghost as he was scanning stuff : P

Looking forward to playing with everyone again. I like how besides Destiny we all play different games but then its like we all come back home for Destiny haha.

Do we have someone making a CAG Clan already? If not I would be down to put it together and start inviting people.
I would join a CAG clan.

I don't think there's an official CAG clan. Some people are associated with other clans and I think you're limited to one clan per console.

I think my Switch gets more game time than my Xbox.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is me, too. Luckily Uncharted Lost Legacy is fantastic, so I am enjoying that, but it's really just keeping me floating until tomorrow night. "Funk" is a good way to put it. I even have today off and I took tomorrow off for the kid's first day of school and I'm just here twiddling my thumbs like...

tumblr_onms8xYzpd1vjvo5go2_400.gif

Way cool on the Switch! I do enjoy mine, but I haven't spent much time with it other than Zelda (which really is as good as everyone says). I'm hoping Mario Odyssey is good.

Lastly, on the CAG clan.....there was one called "CAGCast" before, but I'm sure it'd have to be remade for D2. The name was kinda dumb anyway. I'd join. Gotta have a slick orange and green banner to rep our cheapness! fuck

This is me, too. Luckily Uncharted Lost Legacy is fantastic, so I am enjoying that, but it's really just keeping me floating until tomorrow night. "Funk" is a good way to put it. I even have today off and I took tomorrow off for the kid's first day of school and I'm just here twiddling my thumbs like...

tumblr_onms8xYzpd1vjvo5go2_400.gif

Way cool on the Switch! I do enjoy mine, but I haven't spent much time with it other than Zelda (which really is as good as everyone says). I'm hoping Mario Odyssey is good.

Lastly, on the CAG clan.....there was one called "CAGCast" before, but I'm sure it'd have to be remade for D2. The name was kinda dumb anyway. I'd join. Gotta have a slick orange and green banner to rep our cheapness! fuck
Hahah perfect GIF.

And yeah I always thought "CAGcast" was a lame name too.

How about in the interim as we all wait we think of a better name this time around? Like I said I can put it together we just need a solid name!

Obviously still incorporating "CAG" somehow. "That CAG came from the moon" hahah

Anyone know the character limit on the Clan names? That would help.

Hahah perfect GIF.

And yeah I always thought "CAGcast" was a lame name too.

How about in the interim as we all wait we think of a better name this time around? Like I said I can put it together we just need a solid name!

Obviously still incorporating "CAG" somehow. "That CAG came from the moon" hahah

Anyone know the character limit on the Clan names? That would help.
25 carachters.

Shorthand name "shown next to players on post game carnage reports." - 4 characters

TLDR -I have an extra exotic (yellow) engram stress ball I may be willing to trade / sell. PM me if interested.

I was at GS today and they happened to have 2 stress ball engrams. I picked up 2 a few days ago and got lucky they were distinct - uncommon and exotic. Well not that lucky, I had a 75% chance that would happen.

I was a little hasty buying the 2nd 2 knowing that the probability of getting a 3rd distinct engram in 3 consecutive tries was 37.5%. And even worse was 4 distinct engrams in 4 consecutive tries at a 9.375% success rate. However, 3 distinct engrams in 4 consecutive tries has a success rate of 75% so I decided to do that and buy both. Based on $6 purchase price, expected value of the gambit was $8 to get only 1 more distinct engram. Even worse is the expected value for 2 distinct engrams on tries 3 and 4, distinct from each other and distinct from the previous 2 engrams, as it paid a measly $1.12. The goal here is to minimize loss as you can never exceed the value of the wager itself.

Engram 1 was a success with a rare engram but engram 2 failed with a 2nd exotic. Probability never lies.

So, to minimize loss I'm willing trade my exotic engram for a legendary engram or sell my engram out right.

Throwing this clan name out there because the motto works.

Clan name: Black CAG
Short Name: BCAG
Clan motto: Black CAG kills dead ... on contact.

I'd love to go with Cheap Ass Guardians, but I doubt they'd let that fly. 

How about: CAG Guardians from the Moon

And the tag can be" CAG2 or CAGG

Motto can be: Shaq Fu Ghaul, we're coming for our stuff

Or something like that.

Anyone try sending their receipt by email? Sent it twice, but kept getting a notice their inbox is full haha. I have Sprint and short messaging doesn't work for me. Hoping I can get it to go through tomorrow when I am assuming they will be back at work and checking emails again.

I'm clan-less now as I doubt the people I used to play with will be picking it up this time around.

I'm up for whatever name.   Also, yeah, haven't heard back about the PopTarts receipt but with the holiday we'll see - maybe tomorrow.

I went back to the GS where they were unpacking Pop figured on Saturday evening finally today (Monday).  They didn't have a single trace of one anywhere and the guy, who was the same one who unpacked them, couldn't believe it.  But apparently they all sold in that day and a half.  Oh well, it's not like I needed something else to collect anyway.  I got the Ghost at Target and that is way cooler.  I may try to get another one tomorrow if they actually put them out. (Edit: well, maybe not.  Looks like the are OOS at all of the nearby stores.  It isn't worth driving to one of the further ones).

I guess I'll be playing Destiny 2 around 10pm Pacific tomorrow  - enough time to get the game at the 9pm release, get home and install/update it.

Ran Destiny on Xbox last time. I will be running Destiny 2 with the PS4 crowd this go around using gamertag;
MadBullFever

Feel free to add me.
Wrong thread?

For clan name I'd say keep it simple.

CAG Family / CAG XBOX Family
CAG Guardians
Guardians of the CAG
CAG XBOX / XBOX CAGs
Brotherhood of CAG

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Looks like I'll have to install the companion app on my $35 tablet as my phone is not compatible. Companion app requires Android 5.0 or better and my phone is 4.4.

Anyone know if bungie is providing game stats/data at bungie.net this time around?

I've been watching some videos on mods, engrams, and rep almost seems too much this time around. With the length of the story I can't see how anyone can run multiple characters.

Full list of my ideas, too lazy to Edith above hah

*CAG of Glass
Patience and CAG
CAG-6
*CAGarhorn
iCAGora Rey
*1000-CAG Stare
CAG Juju
Monte CAGlo
CAG Multi-Tool
*Super CAG Advice
CAG Regime
*CAG Mythoclast

Stars are my favorite ideas. We need to figure this out by 9pm!haha

We should start voting for a name given all the ideas brought up.

Love it.  1000-CAG Stare it is.  Good work, Broly!

So, what's everyone's plan for the game?  I went physical edition with the gamestop exclusive deluxe edition and I'll pick that up at 11 PM tonight.  I probably won't play tonight as I'll still have to install it.  I'll start tomorrow night and get through the opening mission(s). 

Love it. 1000-CAG Stare it is. Good work, Broly!

So, what's everyone's plan for the game? I went physical edition with the gamestop exclusive deluxe edition and I'll pick that up at 11 PM tonight. I probably won't play tonight as I'll still have to install it. I'll start tomorrow night and get through the opening mission(s).
I've pre-ordered four copies of the game at GameStopall :xb1:):

1 x CE - I will probably not keep this and instead put the money towards the PS4 Pro bundle with the game and sell the game.

1 x LE - for me

1 x LE - for my buddy

1 x standard - for my nephew

1 x Engram stress ball set - probably for the new puppy

Love it. 1000-CAG Stare it is. Good work, Broly!

So, what's everyone's plan for the game? I went physical edition with the gamestop exclusive deluxe edition and I'll pick that up at 11 PM tonight. I probably won't play tonight as I'll still have to install it. I'll start tomorrow night and get through the opening mission(s).
I got the physical copy from gs and decided to add the expansion packs yesterday. Have to pick up at 11 pm EDT. probably play some after installing tonight. Hope the download severs can handle the traffic.

FYI, this is being discussed in the CE thread. I'm quite excited for this.

Tyrok said:

Here's the print you get when buying the Destiny 2 season pass or a digital copy this week. Cost is $9.99 if you want it separately.

I just went with the digital deluxe $100 edition. Didn't care for the ce stuff this time around. I instead spent that money on the Mcfarlane Lord Saladin, GS exclusive Lord Saladin and Wolf Pack and the vinyl Ghost from Target.

And sounds good, 1000-CAG Stare it is unless we get some crazy objections haha I will set it all up as soon as it let's me in the game! :)

I just went with the digital deluxe $100 edition. Didn't care for the ce stuff this time around. I instead spent that money on the Mcfarlane Lord Saladin, GS exclusive Lord Saladin and Wolf Pack and the vinyl Ghost from Target.

And sounds good, 1000-CAG Stare it is unless we get some crazy objections haha I will set it all up as soon as it let's me in the game! :)
Wondering if the below link can be used to create clan now so it's ready to roll tonight as soon as we start logging in?

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Search

bread's done
Back