Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Managed to get 9 wins on an Osiris card so I ended up with the auto rifle, the chest piece for my Warlock, 2 etheric light, some motes and some more passage coins. I also got the Osiris lower light level gloves to drop twice while playing. So now I'm 34 with my Warlock.

I noticed a HUGE difference between 33 and 34 while playing in ToO. Much more of a noticeable difference than playing between 30-32 in Iron Banner.

Also, if you don't get the "good side" in ToO, this is you....

vpljcl0bbsty1i5gf1yu.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the offers on Trials of Osiris. I got and approved NJMane's friend request. What time is good for you guys? Should be pretty flexible for me today, being Saturday and all.

Got the Titan to Level 33 last night after Tukai found us a teammate from another site. Once we got the proper strategy and weapon setup, it wasn't too bad, but the boss wave got us a couple times.

I've opened the Level 28 PoE chest twice and the Level 32 once. The only Exotic I got was that first time on 28. Just Legendary Queen weapons after that.

I'm feeling the same way. Never did well in my limited experience with Skirmish, but that was just with randoms for the 5 match bounties. Usually stick to Control when it comes to Crucible.

As someone that's just a 33 I'm worried about sucking major ass in the trials. Hopefully I can get at least enough wins for the chest, then I can be 34.
I'm feeling the same way. Never did well in my limited experience with Skirmish, but that was just with randoms for the 5 match bounties. Usually stick to Control when it comes to Crucible.
Honestly, it's more about teamwork and accuracy than rank. I played some 30's that had great teamwork that have gave us (33's and a 34) a run for our money. It may take a few losses to get the teamwork down and luck of the draw on your enemies.

Thanks for the offers on Trials of Osiris. I got and approved NJMane's friend request. What time is good for you guys? Should be pretty flexible for me today, being Saturday and all.
Got the Titan to Level 33 last night after Tukai found us a teammate from another site. Once we got the proper strategy and weapon setup, it wasn't too bad, but the boss wave got us a couple times.
I've opened the Level 28 PoE chest twice and the Level 32 once. The only Exotic I got was that first time on 28. Just Legendary Queen weapons after that.
I can be on any time today. I'll likely be on hunting for treasure keys.

I've opened the chest 4 times (2 on 28. 1 on 32 and 1 on 34). I got 2 exotics (Patience and Time and Hawkmoon) and 2 queens weapons (hand cannon and machine gun).

Skirmish is my second favorite mode to play when I'm on a team that plays right, and my least favorite when on a team of people who just Rambo up the middle and never work as a team. I'm usually pretty good at Iron Banner, even got and unbroken medal at 31 against a bunch of 32s. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty decent at crucible. Hopefully that holds true today. I'll probably stream some of it on my invertedaccess channel if anyone wants to watch me get slaughtered.

I got an exotic weapon on 28 and exotic helm on 34 with the same character. Really hope i can get all 3 chest pieces for my characters in ToO. I dont even care about getting more than the 5 wins, but anything more than that would be great. Plus the fact that i have 2 etheric light, so getting the chest pieces would get at least two of my characters to 34 unless i get another etheric light from ToO.

I'm going to be looking to run trials today as well, so if anyone needs 1 and sees me on hit me up.

As for the prison chest, I got an exotic the first time I opened it on all 3 characters. I popped it a second time when I beat 34 on my hunter and I just got a Queen weapon.

I got an exotic weapon on 28 and exotic helm on 34 with the same character. Really hope i can get all 3 chest pieces for my characters in ToO. I dont even care about getting more than the 5 wins, but anything more than that would be great. Plus the fact that i have 2 etheric light, so getting the chest pieces would get at least two of my characters to 34 unless i get another etheric light from ToO.
You get etheric light from the silver and gold packages. So one more win after the chest piece and you have yourself another e-light.

Has anyone here received an invite to The Lighthouse on Mercury? I believe it's reserved for those who get 9 wins in the Trials of Osiris, but it also might be limited to achieving a flawless victory of 9 wins and 0 loses on a single card. 

Once there you can open a big loot chest similar to the one found at the end of PoE. 

If anyone messaged me yesterday I didn't respond that's because my brother came over and wanted to try out the new DLC. I let him run through the story missions on my Hunter. I was hoping he would have better luck (not that it matters) w/ the PoE lvl 28 chest but he only pulled The Last Word. Haha... this game.

I should be on some time later today, so hit me up if you need one more for PoE or ToO.

so are there any rewards just for playing ToO? I know there's no way I'll ever get to 9 wins, but don't know if I should give it a go on the off chance of pulling a legendary or anything really.

Has anyone here received an invite to The Lighthouse on Mercury? I believe it's reserved for those who get 9 wins in the Trials of Osiris, but it also might be limited to achieving a flawless victory of 9 wins and 0 loses on a single card.

Once there you can open a big loot chest similar to the one found at the end of PoE.

If anyone messaged me yesterday I didn't respond that's because my brother came over and wanted to try out the new DLC. I let him run through the story missions on my Hunter. I was hoping he would have better luck (not that it matters) w/ the PoE lvl 28 chest but he only pulled The Last Word. Haha... this game.

I should be on some time later today, so hit me up if you need one more for PoE or ToO.
To get an invite to The Lighthouse, you must have 9 wins and 0 loses. You can lose a round within a match but you cannot lose the entire match. Not sure if the perks (first lost forgiven) that you can buy from Brother Vance have any effect on it or not.

Welp, played 7 games and won exactly one. Not sure if it's my team or what, but so far Trials has been the worst thing I've experienced in this game.
Ouch. Luck of the draw on opponents. Sometimes you get a bad roll and get nothing but great teams. I have an issue with getting stuck against teams with bad connections. Bungie said they would be matching connection speed over rank.....but it does not seem that way.

Got my first 34 PoE done using my titan.

Then went and ran the story on my last toon so I could unlock access to PoE for it.  Also did 28 PoE for it. Nothing great on rewards.

Now I just need to run 32 for my hunter and I'll hit light level 33.

Tried my luck with the Xur-gram of Fortune:  11 engrams got me the new helm for the Hunter and the new helm for the Titan.  Still missing the ram for my Warlock.  Gonna try again tonight for the ram. 

All the other engrams turned into existing helms with only Helm of Inmost Light being significantly better than my old one.  Like I ever use that one :shame: .

So, I still need to farm for keys and also get into ToO, oh and get that last NF done too.

So NJMane and I got one win...because the team quit in the first three seconds after one of their teammates got kicked.

The dude we were playing with was not very helpful. He wouldn't revive us despite standing next to us and wasn't communicating because he had a headache he said.

Instead of rushing through all the content this weekend I'm taking it easy. I dont want to run out of stuff to do until the next dlc after a week. Anyone try hard crota as a 34 yet? I saw a guy almost get to enrage on one sword. Maybe I can get my crux after all once people start swording as 34s.

So a cool thing i read, the new titan helmet that looks like a statue actually has 2 faces, one for the male and one for the female titans.

Male Titan Pic
Female Titan Pic
Does not change the fact that it's one of the ugliest helmets in the games. I have it for my Titan and I cannot find a shader that it doesn't clash with. It's like the head has been photoshopped onto the body. On a good note, nice to see that bungie thought about that.

So NJMane and I got one win...because the team quit in the first three seconds after one of their teammates got kicked.
The dude we were playing with was not very helpful. He wouldn't revive us despite standing next to us and wasn't communicating because he had a headache he said.
Wo Wo Wo.....we had 2 wins...haha. Seriously, revive your teammates. Why go 1v3 or 1v2 when you can just revive them? *sigh*

Wo Wo Wo.....we had 2 wins...haha. Seriously, revive your teammates. Why go 1v3 or 1v2 when you can just revive them? *sigh*
I don't like to yell at people when I play but I was soooo close with that dude. More than a few times we had a manageable team and one of us would go down only to have him bail and run away.

First run at trials of osiris went well. Got 5 wins to get my chest piece, bought only the win 1 get 2 wins buff. Going for my 6th win we were down 1-4 and came back to tie it 4-4. But we lost that match. it was a great comeback but vs 3 warlocks it wasnt easy. That was my final loss so i had to turn in my card. But my main objective was to get the chest and i did that. It was really fun and i cant wait to try it more on my other two characters!

I need to do 32 POE on my Titan and do the story on my warlock if anyone is up for that I'll be on in awhile.

28 POE I got another 4th horseman and the queens pistol. Randoms were both also Titans and 33 so this went super fast and was easy as hell. 

Bought 2 more helmet engrams and got two more doubles. This game hates me this week.

Bought around 20 engrams hoping to get these new helmets, only 1 turned in Celestial Nighthawk. Got wrecked earlier in ToO with Titan, but then playing with Warlock and I got super good friends team, went 9-0. Got the auto rifle, emblem, helmet and 3 Etheric Lights from chest and gold tier reward IIRC.

First run at trials of osiris went well. Got 5 wins to get my chest piece, bought only the win 1 get 2 wins buff. Going for my 6th win we were down 1-4 and came back to tie it 4-4. But we lost that match. it was a great comeback but vs 3 warlocks it wasnt easy. That was my final loss so i had to turn in my card. But my main objective was to get the chest and i did that. It was really fun and i cant wait to try it more on my other two characters!
Yeah we should have had that game. We almost had that last round to complete the comeback and most of the rounds we lost were pretty close. I'm just happy I got the chest though and since I bought the buffs I got another Etheric Light from the 6 win package and I still have 1 loss to go on the passage.

totallyjem - if you still need PoE 32 I'll be looking to do that on Sunday. I've tried 3 times so far with lfg groups and have had the worst luck. Continually make it to the 4th round only to have someone drop out. I need those gauntlets to get to 33.

14 hours later still trying to kill Skolas, Kell of Kells. Took a 3 hour nap break. fuck, just want to get this done!
If you have a Titan in the group, have him throw down a bubble shield with Weapons of Light. Everyone lay into him with the Ghallahorn (assuming everyone has one). This should have him dead before the 2nd round starts. Defuse the bombs and enjoy the treasure room.

[I know....easier said than done]

If you have a Titan in the group, have him throw down a bubble shield with Weapons of Light. Everyone lay into him with the Ghallahorn (assuming everyone has one). This should have him dead before the 2nd round starts. Defuse the bombs and enjoy the treasure room.

[I know....easier said than done]
Ive heard weapons of light dont do anything with the gjallarhorn. We actually killed him once but the mine blew up right as it was hitting 100% dismantled. So close!

I listened to them try for awhile. It was silent most of the time LOL.

Langdon I'd be down for a 32 or 34 run when I get back from a movie around 7 central? Whats your psn? I dont know if I have you on there yet.

The story missions are tedious alone...especially as a warlock. Retreat and recharge shields and repeat...

OMG i feel like i just won a world championship! Took us around 15 hours, had a 3 hour nap in between, but we finally did it! Ended up getting the ship, shader, emblem, etheric light, weapon core, armor core, royal amtheyst, queen sniper rifle, motes, strange coins, and a whole lot of fist pump dancing! Honestly i think a lot of the time spent against the final boss was just farming heavy ammo or waiting for heavy ammo synths to cool down. I mean it takes less than a minute to kill him if he cooperates and doesnt push you hard, or kill you with his scorch cannon. But one death and its back to waiting for heavy again. It might be even worse than hard crota to be honest. Honestly i dont even know if i would want to run that again. Im sure it will get easier with time but wow.

Oh yeah, some super good advice, we were having a hard time with the captain round where you have to kill the targets. But one guy tried to use the 4th horseman and wow, little did we know that it completely wrecks those targets. It was absolutely hilarious how we could wreck them with it. Just poped a bubble in front of the door where the target comes out and he was dead in a couple seconds. Unreal.

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/602556530194448384

There is a very easy way to kill skolas, you just need one titan with weapons of light (or armor whichever you find better) all the members with full ghorn rockets and a synthesis ready, all three guardians run to the left room where the servetour is and the titan pops up the bubble so the serveteur dies with one shotgun shot and from there you start firing rockets all the seven plus the synthesis... You'll see that he start spawning mines but you just keep firing... He should die by the end of the rockets, all the minions will despawn and from then you can just defuse the mines and you are done.

There is a very easy way to kill skolas, you just need one titan with weapons of light (or armor whichever you find better) all the members with full ghorn rockets and a synthesis ready, all three guardians run to the left room where the servetour is and the titan pops up the bubble so the serveteur dies with one shotgun shot and from there you start firing rockets all the seven plus the synthesis... You'll see that he start spawning mines but you just keep firing... He should die by the end of the rockets, all the minions will despawn and from then you can just defuse the mines and you are done.
Thats exactly what we did. But half the time he would push forward and get too close, kill us, have to wipe. Its easy in theory but actually doing it took a lot of tries. And a lot of waiting to get heavy back if it didnt work out.

Thats exactly what we did. But half the time he would push forward and get too close, kill us, have to wipe. Its easy in theory but actually doing it took a lot of tries. And a lot of waiting to get heavy back if it didnt work out.
For us it worked perfectly on the first try, we did trained the timing and the coordination before actually shooting rockets... He teleported once in the tryes but he didn't on the actual fight.

thanks @totallyjem!

and thank your friend again for letting me ride his coattails to level 33.

might be down for a try at 34 tomorrow. esp. if I can farm a key.

Good day in ToO, my whole team got to the Lighthouse but not at the same time, I got there first after 5 wins, then my guys got there after 7 and 8 wins, lucky we lost once but we had the Boon of Mercy so it was close. I just need 3 more wins and I can go there again, but I have to call it a day though.

Damn thats impressive KingZ. I tried some ToO sunday night but only managed to get two wins on my card. Still need to get the chest piece for my warlock and hunter. :cry: Hopefully tomorrow i can get one or both of them, then i can get them to 34.

Is anyone pulling any armor from PoE chests? I got another key, but all I've pulled so far are weapons. Not sure I want to 'waste' another key on getting a 3rd Queen's Sniper rifle.

Is anyone pulling any armor from PoE chests? I got another key, but all I've pulled so far are weapons. Not sure I want to 'waste' another key on getting a 3rd Queen's Sniper rifle.
Everyone who I have played with received weapons only. Exotics only dropped on the first loot chest open per character. I'm going to be holding all my keys and using 1 per character per week.

Also, I would LOVE to get the sniper. I seem to only get hand cannons.

Not sure if you mean PoE armor or exotic armor. I havent seen any PoE armor dropped at all.

28, seen exotic weapon drops.. but might be guaranteed drop on first run of the week?

32, none

34, seen THREE exotic armor drops

35, none

This is just from my experience alone and it may vary for other players. But if you are looking for exotic armor i would say open the 34 chest.

bread's done
Back