Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Got Atheon's Epligue done for the week as far as raid goes just updating weapons and my raid chest piece. Totally down to do Nightfall and or Weekly Heroic with a couple of you fine people. 

Warlock 27 hoping to be 28/29 by end of week. 

7th I am only 27 right now but if that is okay I can try to help with Hard mode  :) 

I have a hard oracle checkpoint that id like to cheese wednesday night up to the gorgon chests. Have 2 people right now that i know will do it. I wouldnt mind doing the raid on normal too afterward. If anyone is down for this let me know. Usually play around 8PM ET - 1AM ET
If I can find the hadronic essence to level my warlock up a little more and I'm on when you want to do it I can help. If I can't get leveled I would love to at least grab the checkpoint so I can do it later in the week. Also, if you just need an extra body I'll help out on my titan or hunter. Just got done clearing from Oracles to the end on hard with them, so if you have a full team that needs it I don't want to take a spot, but if you just need someone to fill the party I would be happy to help. It would probably have to be later in your time range though. I'm on the west coast and I'm having dinner with my grandparents, so I probably won't be on until 11-12 ET.

I'm a little mad at myself about my warlock. I leveled to 20 so fast that I didn't have much essence when I got there and I forgot it was needed for the early upgrades. I have so much of the titan and hunter mats that I never even thought about running out of the warlock stuff. I might have to go try the latest rendition of the loot cave. Regardless if I'm around and needed I can help out and I would be down for the raid on my lock afterwards too.

On a different note, the two hard clears I just finished were among the smoothest I have been on. The first run wiped a few times on gatekeeper because we didn't communicate well in the beginning, but we got it pretty quickly. Atheon took a little longer because of the usual smattering of glitches. We still got it in a decent amount of time though. 4 of us from the first group added 2 from destinylfg to do it on our alts and that run went amazingly well. We got gatekeeper on the first try and Atheon on the 2nd. Oracles to Atheon only took 30 minutes. Ended up getting the helm on my hunter too, so I can hit 30 now. The rest of the drops were mostly useless. Got my 3rd pair of hunter gloves, 3rd found verdict, 2nd atheon's, 3rd and 4th sparrows, the titan rag, and a bunch of mats.

I have a hard oracle checkpoint that id like to cheese wednesday night up to the gorgon chests. Have 2 people right now that i know will do it. I wouldnt mind doing the raid on normal too afterward. If anyone is down for this let me know. Usually play around 8PM ET - 1AM ET.
I am down again.

trying to corral people right now on destinylfg for a normal VoG run and this PSN messaging system is KILLING me.
Yeah, I don't know what the problem is, but the PSN messaging system has been absolute garbage most of the time. Including the weird error where every message that goes in or out says it was sent 10 minutes ago.

There have been nights where the messaging system just didn't work at all.

Was able to max out Praedyths Revenge and nearly finish off Shadow Price. Running short of Helium though.

Also got the Pocket Infinity bounty up to NF kills really quick. Glad to finally get rid of all those fusion rifles. Only sucks that this weeks NF would have to be on Mars... ugh, all those shield carriers.

And I guess the 2nd coming of Iron Banner was a mistake??? What a shock, :ziplip:

Woooo! 1st Raid completed!

(Purp Machine Gun, Truth Rocket Launcher, and some purple gloves)

I need a nap.

I also want to do it again right now.
Congrats :beer:

I still gotta do my raid runs. Was side-tracked by doing NF and weekly, with some guys, that I missed out last night.

At least I only have one weekly left to run

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="The 7th Number" post="12212473" timestamp="1415168363"]I have a hard oracle checkpoint that id like to cheese wednesday night up to the gorgon chests. Have 2 people right now that i know will do it. I wouldnt mind doing the raid on normal too afterward. If anyone is down for this let me know. Usually play around 8PM ET - 1AM ET.[/quote]

My internet connextion was crapping out last night. Couldnt even play without getting disconnected evey 5 mins. Im up for normal raid later if people are still available 9pm pst. I could also do weekly and nightfalls 2nyt if some of you guys have alternates

My internet connextion was crapping out last night. Couldnt even play without getting disconnected evey 5 mins. Im up for normal raid later if people are still available 9pm pst. I could also do weekly and nightfalls 2nyt if some of you guys have alternates
We were wondering why you left when we were right at the boss haha.

If you are 28 or higher (I'm 29) just stand around in the tower and you will get invited to raid almost everytime. I went in with some 27 and 28s and they wanted to try hard...we got in but they all died fast once we were in. Switched to normal and got all the way to the boss but with most people being new we didnt have enough people that could use the relic. I suck at the relic too so i cant talk trash. It would be nice if you got it in some other game mode so you could practice it without wasting hours of everyones time. I was one of the first people across the stupid jumping part this time instead of last :p

Anyway I have a checkpoint if someone wants to mess around or push atheon or do it legit let me know. I have a hunter so I cant do any magic pushing. Its pretty funny but each time I've raided when its time to cheese a boss or something all the hunters just sit down and go afk for a snack or piss. 

I got lots of shards and another Ice Breaker (bought from Xur already) I guess I will use with my Titan that is up to level 16 or so once he becomes a man at 20.

I think I'll be on some tonight to do the daily and weekly 28 - if anyone sees me just join.

I wish there was a way to put a notification on your status like "Doing weekly, join if you want"...

I asked cheapy on twitter if they can let someone else manage the cag clan since they seem to have quit destiny when he asked for cagcast topics. 

If you are 28 or higher (I'm 29) just stand around in the tower and you will get invited to raid almost everytime. I went in with some 27 and 28s and they wanted to try hard...we got in but they all died fast once we were in. Switched to normal and got all the way to the boss but with most people being new we didnt have enough people that could use the relic. I suck at the relic too so i cant talk trash. It would be nice if you got it in some other game mode so you could practice it without wasting hours of everyones time. I was one of the first people across the stupid jumping part this time instead of last :p

Anyway I have a checkpoint if someone wants to mess around or push atheon or do it legit let me know. I have a hunter so I cant do any magic pushing. Its pretty funny but each time I've raided when its time to cheese a boss or something all the hunters just sit down and go afk for a snack or piss.

I got lots of shards and another Ice Breaker (bought from Xur already) I guess I will use with my Titan that is up to level 16 or so once he becomes a man at 20.

I think I'll be on some tonight to do the daily and weekly 28 - if anyone sees me just join.

I wish there was a way to put a notification on your status like "Doing weekly, join if you want"...

I asked cheapy on twitter if they can let someone else manage the cag clan since they seem to have quit destiny when he asked for cagcast topics.
They dont need to manage it at all, just set it to add everyone who wants to join without needing authorization. Simple as that.

[quote name="blucadet3" post="12214543" timestamp="1415226332"]

I wish there was a way to put a notification on your status like "Doing weekly, join if you. [/quote]

Hey blume, ur the one i helped with thorn bounty right? How is it? I have yet to do mine. That crap void weapon kill is just a pain. Might have to tackle that once i get my hands on an antheon epilogue. Hehe! Anyway, could i get a share on that checkpoint later. Might get soneone to gelp with the cheese or if not just a regular kill. I still havent done a full run though. So getting to experience the end part is a good learning tool for me. Hehe

[quote name="ArJay2k8" post="12214541" timestamp="1415226312"]We were wondering why you left when we were right at the boss haha.[/quote]

I know! Was trying to get to u guys and just got DC. Crap! Hope its better tonight. Just took a longer sleep last night for the dissapointment. Now im pumped up to do more tonight to catch up. Hehe

EDIT:  oops, timewarp back a few posts for this to make sense, haha.

^ you don't even have to stand around .  I tend to get hit with 3-4 invites while I'm running around the Tower cryptarch'ng, bounty'ng and vault'ng :lol: .

Try to help out when I can, but sometimes I gotta get my own "ish" done.  Strange coins and motes don't grow on trees ya know...  

I've looked :mrgreen:  

Hey blume, ur the one i helped with thorn bounty right? How is it? I have yet to do mine. That crap void weapon kill is just a pain. Might have to tackle that once i get my hands on an antheon epilogue. Hehe! Anyway, could i get a share on that checkpoint later. Might get soneone to gelp with the cheese or if not just a regular kill. I still havent done a full run though. So getting to experience the end part is a good learning tool for me. Hehe
If you happen to be doing it with a titan, switch over to defender class. Your 'nades and force melee kills also count.

Ended up finishing mine using mostly the shotgun, followed by sticky grenades, melees and rockets

The notorious RNG has screwed me again, out of 8 raids the only worthwhile things I've gotten have been the gloves and a shotgun... What do I need with six chatter whites and 5 warlock bands?

We did the hard oracles checkpoint and i got gloves for my hunter along with a shotty and fusion rifle. Now i just need boots for my hunter and titan to get them to 30. Why is it always the boots i need last? lol

[quote name="The 7th Number" post="12215549" timestamp="1415258733"]We did the hard oracles checkpoint and i got gloves for my hunter along with a shotty and fusion rifle. Now i just need boots for my hunter and titan to get them to 30. Why is it always the boots i need last? lol[/quote]

Thanks for the letting me join the raid. For some reason i can hear all of you guys but you cant hear me. Grr! I did get my first raid armor loot though. Gloves for the warlock. Hehe! Since i switch i believe i still have a templar checkpoint available so if anyone wants to cheese it tom, just bring your warlock and lets get to work. Hehe!

We did the hard oracles checkpoint and i got gloves for my hunter along with a shotty and fusion rifle. Now i just need boots for my hunter and titan to get them to 30. Why is it always the boots i need last? lol
It took me forever to get boots too. Of course I was trying with only one character for the longest time. The week I created a second warlock, I got them in the first oracle clear. Go figure.

I did HM oracles/Templar twice last night and ended up with a bunch of dupes - arms, chest, boots, sniper rifle, shotty. I did get a MIDA multi tool from a chest but that seems worthless with VoC.

Sigh, I just want Gjallarhorn or Fatebringer! Atheon's Epilogue would be nice too but it seems like most groups don't even bother doing him these days.

I am so jealous of your haul there.

My Hunter is still a useless pile of double jumping garbage with terrible luck.

I got boots on my first raid. Thank the spacejeebus.

But since then nada for armor.

Cheapy said it is set to auto approve so I dont know why anyone that wants in the CAG clan couldnt get in. 

If you are having issues still just send him a tweet or message on here I guess...

Got invited in to a weekly and they were already at the boss.  Happy about that since I had already done 3 prior runs between the other toon and NF tries.

Right after that, he took me along to finish Atheon on normal.  Guess he and a few others tired out the night before.

Anyway, finish it off and get the Raid sparrow and shards.  And it sounded like everyone else ended up with shards, mats & chatterwhite...smh

At least I'll have a few days to try surfing on my new ride... don't tell "B" :whistle2:$

Anyone know if you can Nuvo-cheese Atheon with a titan???  

Warlocks seem to spam 'nades to make it work, but wondering if 2 pulse 'nades to get "A" turned around, followed by Gjallahorn rockets would get the same result

Thanks for the letting me join the raid. For some reason i can hear all of you guys but you cant hear me. Grr! I did get my first raid armor loot though. Gloves for the warlock. Hehe! Since i switch i believe i still have a templar checkpoint available so if anyone wants to cheese it tom, just bring your warlock and lets get to work. Hehe!
Already sent you a message through PS4, i will help tonight. Just let me know when you are ready. I will get rewards for using my Warlock, since i havent done the raid with her this week.

So i made a list of all the guns i maxed out to 300..... and i still have 110 Ascendant Energy left. O_O

1. Atheons Epilogue - Auto Rifle - Legendary
  2. Gjallerhorn - Rocket Launcher - Exotic
  3. Hawkmoon - Hand Cannon - Exotic
  4. Ice Breaker - Sniper - Exotic
  5. Invective - Shotgun - Exotic Bounty
  6. Patience and Time - Sniper - Exotic
  7. Purifier VII - Fusion Rifle - Legendary
  8. Suros Regime - Auto Rifle - Exotic
  9. The Swarm - Machine Gun - Legendary
  10. Vex Mythoclast - Fusion Rifle - Exotic
  11. Vision of Confluence - Scout Rifle - Legendary

Already sent you a message through PS4, i will help tonight. Just let me know when you are ready. I will get rewards for using my Warlock, since i havent done the raid with her this week.

So i made a list of all the guns i maxed out to 300..... and i still have 110 Ascendant Energy left. O_O

:shock:

So jealous. I only have 5 of those and only my Ice Breaker is maxed out.

theres other games to play now, u know :whistle2:

I havent done a raid or logged in for a few weeks now, i'll be back on on Dec. 9th

theres other games to play now, u know :whistle2:

I havent done a raid or logged in for a few weeks now, i'll be back on on Dec. 9th
What games are those? LOL jk.

Im waiting on AC Unity. Other than that there really arent many games im dying to get until next year when games like Arkham Knight, Bloodborne, and The Order 1886 come out.

So, my first raid on my warlock went fairly well until Atheon. Did Oracles legit with no problems, cheesed Templar, and I took down the Gatekeepers super fast with my maxed Gjallarhorn. Actually had a funny moment there where everyone else started freaking out thinking we had lost when we were defending the conflux because no one else knew that shooting it with the relic super gets it to build faster. They all assumed something had happened and we had lost because we won so quickly after I got there with the second relic. I just heard the guy with the first relic say "What the hell I lost the shield" followed by 4 other people yelling about Bungie's stupid glitches.

It all fell apart at Atheon. We had three first timers who couldn't seem to understand what they needed to do no matter how many times we explained it to them. Eventually the other 2 guys who knew what they were doing got pissed off and left and it got called. I did get gloves and chest though, so it was all worth it. My Warlock seems to be a lot luckier than my hunter and titan so far.

Actually had a funny moment there where everyone else started freaking out thinking we had lost when we were defending the conflux because no one else knew that shooting it with the relic super gets it to build faster.
Wow, didn't know that bit. Thanks.

All the runs I've done have never had a relic holder do that... they always go off to take out the praetorians. And that's what I do too.

Actually had a funny moment there where everyone else started freaking out thinking we had lost when we were defending the conflux because no one else knew that shooting it with the relic super gets it to build faster.
Wait, what? Have done the raid probably 20 times, and did not know this.

Honestly it's not that big of a deal. Unless everyone else is dead once you get out with the second relic the fight is easy enough without it, but it does speed it up a bit.

Wow crazy luck tonight. Helped Craizieboi cheese the templar and ended up getting Red Death from the left gorgon chest. I was regretting not buying that gun too when it was on sale, and was hoping xur would sell it tomorrow.

I really hope Xur is selling some good stuff tomorrow. He better not be selling the same titan chest 3 weeks in a row. I really want the Heart of the Praxic Fire for the Warlock. For the Hunter, only thing i dont have is the Young Ahamkaras Spine gauntlets. As for Titan, only thing i need is Helm of Inmost Light (broke one down before, doh) and No Backup Plan gauntlets. Im still missing the Skull of Dire Ahamkara and Light Beyond Nemesis helmets for the warlock, but i dont think i would use them, the chest pieces have better perks. For guns, i really dont know what gun i would want from xur. I have so many now, and all the ones ive wanted before. Maybe that hand cannon the fate bringer, or i could always use another ice breaker or gjallerhorn LOL. Universal Remote is a gun ive never seen, wouldnt mind that.

If there was trading I could have given you praxic. Just dismantled one I got from the Nightfall because I was already using one with the exact same stats from a xur engram I bought a while back.

Xur-bidity, Xur-bidity, Xur...

Right side, then hang another right at the bottom of the stairs.

Titans-Crest of Alpha Lupi

Hunters-Mask of the 3rd Man

Warlocks-Sunbreakers (my condolences)

Exotic Weapon-Truth (with Void)

Exotic Engram for Helmet

Bought Truth, but will need a few more coins to get Alpha Lupi (just to collect). And need 2 more motes to fail at the engram roulette.

Yeah xur was a bust for me, though i did buy the titan chest just for collecting. Then i struck out with the helmet engrams, was hoping to get one of the two warlock helms but ended up getting two hunter helms i already have. Thats 46 motes down the drain. -_-

Beat atheon on hard with a team of three 30s and three 29s. We actually beat him with only two stops through the portals. We had a titan that used his bubble with the perk to make our bullets more powerful when we pass through it. So once we got it down it was a cake walk. Cant believe how fast we beat him when it usually takes more times through the portal on normal to kill him. Ended up getting the ship and shards.

I did the templar cheese with a fellow cag with ny hunter. Got lost going down the maze and missed out on 2 chest. Smh! Oh well. I was finally able to experience antheon thanks to 7th's checkpoint. Im really glad the people in that group stck it out. Sorry wasnt familiar with relic and didnt know where to go at times. But overall i did enjoy the experience. Need to join more groups.

Oh and i did get red death too in one of the gorgon chest. Hehe! Wish it was a handcannon though.

Jumped into someone on my friends list Nightfall last night when they were midway through. Found the hiding spot for Valus and we were whittling him down; then I got kicked from the group right before they killed him. And the dude quickly unfriended me as well.  Ass.

Picked up Truth because Swarm was my only legendary heavy weapon and I had 60 coins saved up. It's no G'horn, but with void damage and tracking it should hopefully be useful in the raid.

Btw, I still need to do GK and Atheon so if anyone's doing them this weekend let me know. Would prefer hard for double loot but can do normal if needed. I have a checkpoint and can do it twice.

Oh so we're bragging now? :p My turn.

jkvms6.jpg

33mv2wh.jpg

2hcjer5.jpg

29an4o.jpg

12 out of the 17 my Warlock is carrying have been maxed. Only the Invective and Pocket Infinity have been maxed out of my vault guns. If I used any of the others more often I'd take the time to max them out too where I still have about 98 energy myself. Oh and I've broken down Super Good Advice four times now since it's such an easy exotic bounty and a crap gun.

And here I am, still sitting on a mountain of shards with no raid boots. Next week I suppose.

Xur needs to sell exotic boots.

The Destiny forum is bombarded with posts whinning about what destiny did for the guy. Some people just like to feel entitled all the time. Tsk! Happy for the guy though. Hopefully ill get my hands on one of those on the future. Hehe

I did the templar cheese with a fellow cag with ny hunter. Got lost going down the maze and missed out on 2 chest. Smh! Oh well. I was finally able to experience antheon thanks to 7th's checkpoint. Im really glad the people in that group stck it out. Sorry wasnt familiar with relic and didnt know where to go at times. But overall i did enjoy the experience. Need to join more groups. Oh and i did get red death too in one of the gorgon chest. Hehe! Wish it was a handcannon though.
That was quite an experience as that was my first time solar-nading the templar off the ledge. We did it on what, like the 4th try? Not bad, thanks for the invite.

I poked around the Gorgon Labyrinth afterwords and now know exactly where the 2 chests and best paths are for future reference. I feel less like a Raid noob, especially since all we got were shards.

Haven't played Destiny in a week or so :lol:

The Destiny forum is bombarded with posts whinning about what destiny did for the guy. Some people just like to feel entitled all the time. Tsk! Happy for the guy though. Hopefully ill get my hands on one of those on the future. Hehe
I feel like that they should've made him a unique weapon just for him, not give him a gun that will come out next month. Much like the Yugioh Card they made for the kid from Make A Wish Foundation. But that isj ust me.

[quote name="Motiv" post="12219384" timestamp="1415386352"]That was quite an experience as that was my first time solar-nading the templar off the ledge. We did it on what, like the 4th try? Not bad, thanks for the invite.

I poked around the Gorgon Labyrinth afterwords and now know exactly where the 2 chests and best paths are for future reference. I feel less like a Raid noob, especially since all we got were shards.[/quote]

No problem. I think it was 5th try. Good thing you also had the extra grenades available sO it wqs faster. Yup all materials aswell. materials are greatz too bad i got shards i needed energy. Hehe. So you found the 2 orher chest we missed last night?. Hopefully it can be backed track or something. I think the one we missed was the one that potentially gives out weapons or class armor Sorry again for getting us lost. I usually just follow 7th down the path each time and never bothered remembering the path myself. Lol.

Got the bounty for Super Good Advice again LOL. Ascendant Energy here I come.

EDIT: I also finally maxed out the Suros this morning as well.

Think I'm getting a handle on Sparrow surfing.  And can I say... it's very stupid and sooo much fun to do :bouncy: .

I just start doing laps around the enemies.  Wasted a little too much time doing that last night :lol:

Anyway, did a full raid run on my 2nd titan and got Thunderlord.  Not a fan of machine gun heavys so it'll probably never see action. Also got a 3rd Found Truth.

Truth RL came along at a good time for me since I finished maxing out Gjallahorn last night.

I'd love to be in a raid where a few of us unleash that sucker on Atheon.  Would be very therapeutic :D

And after checking out Xur and the new bounties, I went ahead and did a quick Devil's Lair strike since it would knock out 2 bounties at once.  Somehow got 2 motes which let me grab the exotic engram... which turned into Insurmountable Skullfront :roll: .

Cool helmet, but already have one and it's not replacing my chest piece... that's for sure.  At least it's for a titan. Think I'm now 2 for 5 on those engrams being for my specific class.

[quote name="Olengie" post="12219442" timestamp="1415387554"]Haven't played Destiny in a week or so :lol:

I feel like that they should've made him a unique weapon just for him, not give him a gun that will come out next month. Much like the Yugioh Card they made for the kid from Make A Wish Foundation. But that isj ust me. [/quote]

If they did make a entirely unique weapon for him, people will complain more plus itll probably be more tedious to implement in game unless bungie has plans of implementing real money addons (pay-to-win sort of thing) which let u customize weapon which i doubt. Early access was a good gesture by itself.

[quote name="ArJay2k8" post="12219474" timestamp="1415388253"]Got the bounty for Super Good Advice again LOL. Ascendant Energy here I come.

EDIT: I also finally maxed out the Suros this morning as well.[/quote]

Thats one of the easiest bounties to do. Too bad i probably wont use it. I usually max experience gain my exotics and legendaries. i just dont upgrade them with mats. Same with armors. I keep most of legendary armors and just break dups. Really hope bungie increases vault space or sonething coz im potentially moving stuff around my char just to fit everything i have. Hehe!

bread's done
Back