Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Think I'm getting a handle on Sparrow surfing. And can I say... it's very stupid and sooo much fun to do :bouncy: .

I just start doing laps around the enemies. Wasted a little too much time doing that last night :lol:
I lost all desire to sparrow surf when I found out nobody can actually see you doing it haha.

Thats one of the easiest bounties to do. Too bad i probably wont use it. I usually max experience gain my exotics and legendaries. i just dont upgrade them with mats. Same with armors. I keep most of legendary armors and just break dups. Really hope bungie increases vault space or sonething coz im potentially moving stuff around my char just to fit everything i have. Hehe!
Yeah it IS the easiest that's why I don't mind doing it for the mats. I could take the time to level them up for more but I don't really see the point seeing as how easy it is for me to get energy instead of shards. A few more isn't going to make a difference.

And yeah, I'm in the same boat with needing more vault space. It sucks.

Someone telling you to use the Super Good Advice is Super Bad Advice, that gun sucks. In fact the only exotic bounty gun that is worth the trouble is the invective shotgun. The Invective actually took me one day to complete too. All the others arent that good, or there are better guns out there of the same class. The Thorn is nice, but its a bitch to complete. After i finally got the Thorn, i got the Hawkmoon and that hand cannon was so much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem. I think it was 5th try. Good thing you also had the extra grenades available sO it wqs faster. Yup all materials aswell. materials are greatz too bad i got shards i needed energy. Hehe. So you found the 2 orher chest we missed last night?. Hopefully it can be backed track or something. I think the one we missed was the one that potentially gives out weapons or class armor Sorry again for getting us lost. I usually just follow 7th down the path each time and never bothered remembering the path myself. Lol.
Indeed. The extra grenade and using the grenade exploit really made it quite easy. That'd be great if it could be backtracked, although I have no idea where the save after the Templar starts. Apparently the fastest way is to head through the door after the Templar, down a bit, then to the left and jump off a cliff (using your jump to stop before hitting the bottom). From there finding the two chests are pretty easy.

Got the bounty for Super Good Advice again LOL. Ascendant Energy here I come.

EDIT: I also finally maxed out the Suros this morning as well.
I'm curious, how much Ascendant Energy does one get for breaking down an exotic weapon without leveling it?

Indeed. The extra grenade and using the grenade exploit really made it quite easy. That'd be great if it could be backtracked, although I have no idea where the save after the Templar starts. Apparently the fastest way is to head through the door after the Templar, down a bit, then to the left and jump off a cliff (using your jump to stop before hitting the bottom). From there finding the two chests are pretty easy.

I'm curious, how much Ascendant Energy does one get for breaking down an exotic weapon without leveling it?
Without leveling it's 2 or 3. Not sure how much more you get from leveling it as the only guns I've leveled are ones that I have no plans on breaking down.

Xur selling hunter helmet. Woohoo! Must have that mask of third eye! Still kicking myself for dismantling the symbiote mask i got from an engram before! I Was thinking, since i already have the knucklehead maxed out, y would i need another exotic! Tsk! Not sure if i should waste my motes on an exotic engram. Will have 4 out of the 9 available masks!

I have no idea how you guys maxed so many Exotic weapons. I have used my Ice Breaker non-stop since Xur sold it. Completed dozens of bounties, several Raids, and many Strikes. And that still isn't even maxed out. Bout a half upgrade to go still.

CAGkrazy said:
No problem. I think it was 5th try. Good thing you also had the extra grenades available sO it wqs faster. Yup all materials aswell. materials are greatz too bad i got shards i needed energy. Hehe. So you found the 2 orher chest we missed last night?. Hopefully it can be backed track or something. I think the one we missed was the one that potentially gives out weapons or class armor Sorry again for getting us lost. I usually just follow 7th down the path each time and never bothered remembering the path myself. Lol.
What 2 chests could you have missed? Do you mean the special non-teleporting one and then the one in the Gorgon maze? If so, don't worry about them - they are just materials chests.

The non-Templar teleporting one is just before the final drop to the first chest in the Gorgon area. I'm assuming you didn't miss that regular chest - it is just to the left after the final drop through a big Vault-like circular door. That is the one that gives the class item (mark, cloak, etc) and I think maybe some other stuff.

But just before that last drop there is a small tunnel to the right that you have to duck through. That gets you to the Templar non-teleport chest (which definitely just has mats).

Then, once you are into the heart of the Gorgon maze there is the other chest off to the right. Again, that just has mats though I've been in groups where people claim they have gotten other stuff from there. But in 8+ runs through that part I've never seen anyone get anything but mats.

ArJay2k8 said:
Yeah it IS the easiest that's why I don't mind doing it for the mats. I could take the time to level them up for more but I don't really see the point seeing as how easy it is for me to get energy instead of shards. A few more isn't going to make a difference.
And yeah, I'm in the same boat with needing more vault space. It sucks.
What do you get for breaking down Super Bad Advice? I have 2 of them, including one that I think I maxed out way back when that was the only exotic I had for a long time (now I am swimming in them). I am definitely low on energy whereas I have tons of shards.

While I do break down spare legendary armor, I have yet to do so for any weapons. I guess I have a vain hope that I may be able to trade/sell them at some point and it isn't worth breaking them down for 2 or 3 energy (I'm assuming that is all you get since it is like that for armor). But I am starting to run out of space and I have duplicates of "plain" legendaries that I will never use like the Proxima Centauri scout rifle. It is hard to beat Vision of Confluence (the exotic Bungie gave that guy doesn't seem to be any better and because it is an exotic it would bump Icebreaker or Gjallarhorn).

[quote name="io" post="12220135" timestamp="1415402609"]What 2 chests could you have missed? Do you mean the special non-teleporting one and then the one in the Gorgon maze? If so, don't worry about them - they are just materials chests.

The non-Templar teleporting one is just before the final drop to the first chest in the Gorgon area. I'm assuming you didn't miss that regular chest - it is just to the left after the final drop through a big Vault-like circular door. That is the one that gives the class item (mark, cloak, etc) and I think maybe some other stuff.

But just before that last drop there is a small tunnel to the right that you have to duck through. That gets you to the Templar non-teleport chest (which definitely just has mats).

Then, once you are into the heart of the Gorgon maze there is the other chest off to the right. Again, that just has mats though I've been in groups where people claim they have gotten other stuff from there. But in 8+ runs through that part I've never seen anyone get anything but mats.
).[/quote]

I think the one we missed was the first one on top where its located in a tight space section. The other one we missed was the one on top of a high circular platform usually during the maze itself. I think thats usually the last chest that peopke open in the maze before everyone leaves. Hehe! I really forgot how to get there. It was already 230am and didnt want to look for it anymore. Is that the one i cant access anymore if i boot up the checkpoint?

The only thing is that we did the templar cheese on hard so the materials are doubled right?

Oh yeah. Anyone know how to fix my chat? Before i can chat with peole in my group. I remember talking with pack and guijmy. The last 2 days i joined raid groups no one could hear me but i can hear them well. Both those times i was the one invited to the group. My connection says NAT2 and mic status works wheb i view it on the menu.

CAGkrazy said:
I think the one we missed was the first one on top where its located in a tight space section. The other one we missed was the one on top of a high circular platform usually during the maze itself. I think thats usually the last chest that peopke open in the maze before everyone leaves. Hehe! I really forgot how to get there. It was already 230am and didnt want to look for it anymore. Is that the one i cant access anymore if i boot up the checkpoint? The only thing is that we did the templar cheese on hard so the materials are doubled right?
That circular platform one is the one to the right in the Gorgon's maze. If by "first one on top where its located in a tight space section", you mean the chest in the hole-in-the-wall right at the Templar, that is just a spirit bloom (ie, regular Venus) chest. If you mean the one further down that you only get from keeping the Templar from teleporting, then that one is just mats (and only one set of rewards for normal/hard).

The chests generally do not double on hard mode. There is only one chest, I think, that gives you both normal and hard rewards and I'm pretty sure that is the main one down before the Gorgons. The one that gives you the class items.

Oh yeah. Anyone know how to fix my chat? Before i can chat with peole in my group. I remember talking with pack and guijmy. The last 2 days i joined raid groups no one could hear me but i can hear them well. Both those times i was the one invited to the group. My connection says NAT2 and mic status works wheb i view it on the menu.
If you hold the PS button in, then go to adjust devices maybe you can turn up the Speaker for Controller? Otherwise idk, are you using the ear piece that came with the controller? I know sometimes i can be playing with guys and cant hear them, its not their mic, but a problem with the chat system.

[quote name="The 7th Number" post="12220677" timestamp="1415418384"]If you hold the PS button in, then go to adjust devices maybe you can turn up the Speaker for Controller? Otherwise idk, are you using the ear piece that came with the controller? I know sometimes i can be playing with guys and cant hear them, its not their mic, but a problem with the chat system.[/quote]

I actully have the pulse headset. Got invited by Biz to a gatekeeper checkpoint. Biz says he did hear me. So im not sure how come the other night no one could hear me. Anyway, we couldnt complete it with our group. As the newbie i ws protecting the portal entrance. And it felt like the ones going inside were taking to long to come back out. Is the strategy have the strongest 2-3 retrieve the relic so itl be a quick in and out job? I think theyl be tring it again tom. Not sure if ill get invited again. If not, i do have the gatekeeper checkpoint for anyonr that may want to try

So I might be looking to pick up another PS4 this holiday season (mostly so my son and I can play Destiny together). Does anyone know if I would need a 2nd copy of the game, if I have the digital version? He has his own PSN sign in, and I would just DL my digital copy onto that system. Does anyone know if we'd be able to join up and play together?

Oh, and consensus seems to be: Thorn Bounty=not worth it, right? 

As the newbie i ws protecting the portal entrance. And it felt like the ones going inside were taking to long to come back out. Is the strategy have the strongest 2-3 retrieve the relic so itl be a quick in and out job?
For the second portal, yes, you generally need to kill the gatekeeper as fast as possible (assuming you're doing them one at a time). For the first portal, it can vary. Some people like to go in and bumrush the keeper, and assuming he doesn't hide behind the pillar, he can go down fairly quickly. But there's much more cover on the left side (of the left side), but you can't really get good shots at the keeper for the first few seconds, until he moves towards the center. It's just safer that way, and people probably like saving their heavy/special ammo for the second portal.

I actully have the pulse headset. Got invited by Biz to a gatekeeper checkpoint. Biz says he did hear me. So im not sure how come the other night no one could hear me. Anyway, we couldnt complete it with our group. As the newbie i ws protecting the portal entrance. And it felt like the ones going inside were taking to long to come back out. Is the strategy have the strongest 2-3 retrieve the relic so itl be a quick in and out job? I think theyl be tring it again tom. Not sure if ill get invited again. If not, i do have the gatekeeper checkpoint for anyonr that may want to try
I never really go through the portals, but i think 2 people could go through, ones that know how to use the shield. They should go in kill the gatekeeper asap and get out. But i think mars is the harder side so they might have to kill other enemies so they wont be shot down. After they come out i usually run to where atheon spawns to kill all the pretorians that come from there to try to sacrifice themselves to the tower in the middle, while the 2 guys get the other shield and the other 3 are keeping the portal open. The Venus side seems to be the faster side, guys are usually in and out before i can kill 3-4 pretorians. After they get out then everyone gets in the middle, the people with shields need to shoot the tower with their special and kill enemies. I remember when we were noobs and we would struggle with this point. Now we get it on 1st or 2nd try on normal. I can help out with my level 30 warlock, i havent beaten that part of the raid with her. So i would get something out of it.

Got into a HARD oracle checkpoint... cheese plate for everyone ;) . Get thru both the the O's and Templar pretty easily, once some guys stopped falling to their death.

Got rewarded with my 2nd Praedyth's Revenge (cool sniper so happy to have a dup) AND I got my first piece of raid armor :bouncy: . I'm so stoked that I hop into the menu to check it out and what do I happen to see...

wait for it...

Kabr's Wrath chest piece :whistle2:| .

In true NotoriousR.N.G. fashion, I get rewarded the ONE piece of raid armor I wouldn't equip since I'd lose the perks of my Armamentarium. I'll say this about RNG, it knows just how much to lift your spirits in order to give you a good kick in the nuts. Bravo Bungie, Braaah-vo :applause:

So I might be looking to pick up another PS4 this holiday season (mostly so my son and I can play Destiny together). Does anyone know if I would need a 2nd copy of the game, if I have the digital version? He has his own PSN sign in, and I would just DL my digital copy onto that system. Does anyone know if we'd be able to join up and play together?

Oh, and consensus seems to be: Thorn Bounty=not worth it, right?
Don't think that would work since the copy gets tied to your PSN account and I don't think the same ID can be on at the same time even if it's on two separate systems. Could be wrong though...

And Thorn isn't worth going out of your way for... keep it if you plan to do crucible anyway. I ended up finishing mine but it wasn't my top priority. I've just been trying to raise my crucible rank in order to start buying those pieces of armor (to break down for shards that is) and eventually got that part done. Then a friend asked for help on a mission, which turned out to be the last part I needed, killing Xyor.

He has his own PSN ID. We can both play at the same time now (him on PS3 and me on PS4), just not with each other. But that may be because of the preorder deal (buy ps3 get ps4 free); not sure if we could share a copy of the ps4 version. Maybe I should just keep an eye on the Destiny PS4 bundle deals to be safe.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's a bit different because of the upgrade deal.  But maybe someone else knows better.

I swear Bungie has an algorithm that can sense a user's fatigue within Destiny either that or RNG drops can have impeccable timing. It's probably the latter, although I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie collects data like this.

Anyway, I was getting to the point of feeling the grinding fatigue but wanted to level up a few more items. Plus I was just one bounty of experience away from fully maxing out my Suros Regime. So I decided it'd be easy to play 5 Clash matches in the Crucible. It was my last match and the balancing was horrible (6 on 4, then one player left leaving 3). We were getting smashed and I was about to jump out as well, but I thought I'd just use my sniper rifle and pick guardians off since we weren't going to win. The match ends and to my surprise The Last Word exotic hand cannon drops for me. Yeah, my jaw dropped and I let out a few joyous :censored: expletives. Now I'm slightly rejuvenated and ready to work on upgrading The Last Word. It's a pretty awesome hand cannon and I like it much much better than the Thorn :roll: . I had no idea The Last Word could drop in Crucible matches. Crazy.

I'm still annoyed with Destiny's RNG system but on occasion it makes you smile and pulls you back in for a little more.

Did hard Oracles and Temp on my lock. Got another Praedyth's and mats. I think I got Praedyth's on all 3 characters this week.

Just had maybe my most clutch play ever on my lock. We got to the conflux on the hard gatekeepers fight with 4 people up. One of the relic holders died, so I ran over and grabbed it. While I was doing that the other 2 died with 2 minotaurs moving in for the final sacrifice. I killed one and died, popped radiance and got the other and managed to survive long enough to finish the fight. Atheon was as usual a buggy mess though and people gave up pretty quick, so I will have to get him tomorrow.

I made a new awoken titan because doing the fist pump after a titan smash is so awesome. In fact doing the fist pump after anything exciting was well worth leveling up a new character. LOL. It only took me about 8 hours of gameplay to level him up from 1 to 20. Once you hit level 4 you can do bounties, and those really helped. I went into the crucible early and did pvp bounties. So when i went back to the earth or moon stories i did them a level higher to earn more XP.

If anyone wants to do the nightfall before the reset let me know. Tried to do it solo and died at the tank of course cos of some BS splash damage. Did the nightfall with 2 guys from LFG, and got the calling scout rifle, not great, but at least it wasnt a gun i already have! I would like to do the weekly, but i might be able to do that solo since i dont have to start from the beginning when i die. I also wouldnt mind running through the raid on normal before tuesday, or hard oracle/templar/atheon checkpoints would be great too.

fuck you bungie. I had the bounty to defeat Aksor on winters run, completed the mission and it didnt give me credit. This isnt even the first time this has happened either. I really dont want to have to replay this damn level when there is no reason why i shouldnt have gotten it on the first playthrough.

Missed out on the Alpha Lupi chest... was 3 coins short. And my plan was to grind Tiger strikes last night but a friend messaged for help on a raid. Figured why not since one of my titans still only had Atheon checked off on normal.

Cruise thru from the beginning. Finish off the Oracles and I get rewarded the raid boots :bouncy: .

Move on to the Templar and I get raid gauntlets :D/ . (remember, still the same raid run, on normal)

I can safely say this was the best raid week by a looong shot. Pretty much went a full month of raids before I got my 1st piece of raid armor and the following night gets me 2 more pieces. So I technically can hit 30 with my current gear but gonna keep trying for the raid helmet since I don't want to give up my exotic chest piece... but if I really need to be 30 for a HARD run I'll be able to do it just as soon as I upgrade the raid gear.

I still have a cp on Hard for, I think, the gatekeepers on one titan (might be Oracles but gotta check)(just checked, definitely Oracles.

Now to see if I can get enough 29/30's together to get it done.

Happy to have gotten this all, but still fuck 'n insane how it has all played out.

fuck you bungie. I had the bounty to defeat Aksor on winters run, completed the mission and it didnt give me credit. This isnt even the first time this has happened either. I really dont want to have to replay this damn level when there is no reason why i shouldnt have gotten it on the first playthrough.
Is that an older bounty or current one? Older bounties don't seem to give credit when they're 2 or more days old. I've noticed that and so have a couple other friends on my list.

You can still do them and complete them. But you get nothing when you turn it in.

Is that an older bounty or current one? Older bounties don't seem to give credit when they're 2 or more days old. I've noticed that and so have a couple other friends on my list.

You can still do them and complete them. But you get nothing when you turn it in.
I just made this new titan friday night. This has happened to me before, i did 75% of knocking his health down, but then someone finished him off and i didnt get credit. Same thing happened to me this time. Maybe it has something to do with sitting under the floor in the cheese spot? I was still near him as the other guy finished him off.

I think it all just has to do with being within a certain range of the person who gets the kill shot. I remember having the same problem with the fallen walker bounty during queen's wrath. I would only get credit when I got the kill shot or was close by the person who did. I think that is the same reason why you can get credit and loot from other people's kills in patrol.

[quote name="The 7th Number" post="12227089" timestamp="1415644024"]Anyone up for a normal raid tonight before the reset? I will be on after Gotham, which would be 9pm ET.[/quote]

If like to do one for my titan. I still have the gatekeeper checkpoint. Was too busy this weekend i couldnt even play. We cab have a fresh run too since i dsint get the oracles rewards yet for this guy. Either way is fine. Il be online probably 9pst if you havent found a group yet

Missed out on the Alpha Lupi chest... was 3 coins short. And my plan was to grind Tiger strikes last night but a friend messaged for help on a raid. Figured why not since one of my titans still only had Atheon checked off on normal.
Lol I had the coins and I passed on the Lupi chest. I would never use it compared to the Armamentarium, its just too good to put something else on, especially if you are carrying around the Truth or any other crazy heavy weapon.

But I did buy the Hunter helmet and started a hunter :whistle2:$ . Not going to lie, but this class is a beast in PvP, fast, nimble and once blade dancer is active you can do tons of damage. Seriously having 1 character of each class makes the game feel fresh on every run.

[quote name="mars009" post="12227260" timestamp="1415646112"]

Seriously having 1 character of each class makes the game feel fresh on every run.[/quote]

Thats why i did it.
Plus its always nice to have 3 set of chars so its easier to max out weapons. The only real pain is armor upgrades! Also you wont feel you waste time if you get a armor piece drop thats not for the class that got it from. So after this week, the next nightfall is going to be the cosmodrome again right? Nice!

OK, so I checked and my HARD cp is at the Oracles. So hit me up tonight if you want some of that cheddar. PS3 version.

Need 28/29's and hopefully you have Ice Breakers to make it go quick ;) . Just interested in doing the Oracles, Templar and Gorgon chests. Don't make me go to Destiny LFG... I'll do it you know :twisted:

Lol I had the coins and I passed on the Lupi chest. I would never use it compared to the Armamentarium, its just too good to put something else on, especially if you are carrying around the Truth or any other crazy heavy weapon.

But I did buy the Hunter helmet and started a hunter :whistle2:$ . Not going to lie, but this class is a beast in PvP, fast, nimble and once blade dancer is active you can do tons of damage. Seriously having 1 character of each class makes the game feel fresh on every run.
Yeah, I was going to buy it just to have it, so no real loss.

I know what you mean... Armamentarium is a beast. I was grinding mats and bounties while on patrol (for my raid gear) and instantly miss having all those perks, especially the 2nd 'nade.

That's why I gotta keep trying for the raid helmet (or if I'm lucky, an Iron Banner one).

And my poor Warlock is still sitting at lvl 3 :whistle2:( . Every time I start to work on her I get sidetracked by something or someone :lol:

Frosty, what time is your PS3 raid group starting tonight? 28 Titan, no ice breaker. (I'm really good at holding the relic in a corner and hiding.)
I'm guessing around 7-7:30pm pst. Kinda depends on if I get outta of work early enough and how fast everyone groups up.

If if works out perfectly, then it could be as early as 6:30pm

EDIT: and no worries on the Ice Breaker, just as long as you have good sniper to use on the Oracles part

EDIT 2: just noticed you're a titan... no relic holding for you. Gonna need your pulse 'nades for the Templar bit :whistle2:$

I need to do hard mode Oracles and pushing the Templar off tonight EST, if anyone is interested.  I haven't done it with my warlock this week, so shouldn't take too long.

My Destiny friends list is very empty these couple of days, guess a lot of ppl have moved on to greener fields.

[quote name="jgu" post="12227747" timestamp="1415653490"]I need to do hard mode Oracles and pushing the Templar off tonight EST, if anyone is interested. I haven't done it with my warlock this week, so shouldn't take too long.

My Destiny friends list is very empty these couple of days, guess a lot of ppl have moved on to greener fields.[/quote]

Do u have a checkpoint for oracles hard? I think my warlock hasnt done the hard oracles since i believe my hunter was the one that did it last time and then i switched to warlock to finish the tenplar.

Do u have a checkpoint for oracles hard? I think my warlock hasnt done the hard oracles since i believe my hunter was the one that did it last time and then i switched to warlock to finish the tenplar.
Yeah, I have the checkpoint. Will you be on before 10 EST? I can Pass it on to you, or we can just knock it out.

I dint think ill be on til 9pst. Have a dinner event later. My warlock hasnt finish notmal so couldnt just get your checkpoint and load.

Also im hoping i can get my titan to finish gatekeeper and antheon on normal 2nyt. Hope you have other friends that can join. Most on my list already did theirs alreafy

I need to do hard mode Oracles and pushing the Templar off tonight EST, if anyone is interested. I haven't done it with my warlock this week, so shouldn't take too long.

My Destiny friends list is very empty these couple of days, guess a lot of ppl have moved on to greener fields.
Im very interested in doing this part with my titan. I should be on after 9ET, so save a spot for me if you can hold out until then!

Anyone else read up on the latest NEWS?

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---11072014/en/News/News?aid=12364

Sounds like things are gonna get better:

Here are some things we’ve mentioned:
  • Channels for talking to matchmade teammates, if you so wish
  • Exotic weapons that are stronger and more interesting to upgrade
  • New gear to let you slip into something a little more Legendary
  • That which waits in The Dark Below

Here are some things we’ve kept secret, until now:
  • New shaders for your gear
  • Ways to preview items before you spend your Glimmer
  • Greater chances of “showers” in public spaces
  • Adjustments to some arenas that needed better traffic flow
  • New economies to equip you with upgrade materials
  • Fixes, patches, and other invisible technical evolutions
  • Some other tricks up our sleeve
  • Maybe even a more generous Cryptarch
    (he’ll still be sort of a bastard)

Not sure what the "more showers" part means, unless they're talking about more public events.  If not, then ewww.

Not sure what the "more showers" part means, unless they're talking about more public events. If not, then ewww.
They're talking about increasing the drop rate of Exotics. So, you know, golden showers for everyone.

[quote name="ArJay2k8" post="12228370" timestamp="1415665380"]They're talking about increasing the drop rate of Exotics. So, you know, golden showers for everyone.[/quote]

Hopefully thats true coz im still waiting for the last word to drop on me. The only exotic i got from a drop or a chest ate ice breaker, red death and monte carlo, all my other nonbounty exotics came from xur (suros, truth).

bread's done
Back