Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Hey everyone, know what time it is???  It's Xurby time!!!

Left side, big doors that face the entrance to the speaker.

titans-Armamentarium (disc138)

hunters-Crest of Alpha Lupi (str132)

warlocks-Voidfang Vestments (str115)

Weapon-The Last Word

Engram-Helmet

Discipline on the Armamentarium is 138, so gotta compare it with my 2nd one to see if it's worth buying.  My primary one has 153 disc.

And is Last Word worth it if I have The Devil You Know?  Doesn't seem like it to me cuz I lose impact, range & magazine size.  Plus I just unlocked explosive rounds on TDYK.

This might be the first week I don't spend any coins

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, know what time it is??? It's Xurby time!!!

Weapon-The Last Word

Engram-Helmet

Discipline on the Armamentarium is 138, so gotta compare it with my 2nd one to see if it's worth buying. My primary one has 153 disc.

And is Last Word worth it if I have The Devil You Know? Doesn't seem like it to me cuz I lose impact, range & magazine size. Plus I just unlocked explosive rounds on TDYK.

Get it just for the sweet reload animation. I find explosive rounds not to be that useful, some shots, [SIZE=13.63636302948px]especially on the Vex,[/SIZE] that would have crit normally don't due to the explosion.

Got the hand cannon from xur, the rest was the same old stuff he has been selling for the last 3-4 weeks. What a joke. Couldnt even have the praxic fire chest?

No raid boots again this week, and now this.... really testing my patience with this game.

Did another atheon run with my titan last night. Used destinylfg. got a decent random crew. Had to wipe a couple of times since everyone seems like trying to get a feel off how everyone is playing. 3 out of the 6 knew how to use the relic. Unfortunately im not one of them. Hehe! After like maybe the 4th or 5th wipe. We downed atheon in 3 portal trips. Not bad. And good thing atleast one of the 3 that knows how to use the telic gets teleported on that try so i guess it was also lucky. Got atheon epilogue and chatterwhite. Thats my titans 1st normal raid completion so was stked to unlock hard mode for all 3 char. Will be trying to upgrade the boots i got for the hunter. The only problem now is that i obly have 2 bounty slots available for him. Still have thorn, badjuju and now pocket infinity clogging the spot. Gaahh. Hopefully since i got atheons epilogue i can get the void kills done now. Just hate doing crucibles.

Hey everyone, know what time it is??? It's Xurby time!!!

Weapon-The Last Word

Engram-Helmet

Discipline on the Armamentarium is 138, so gotta compare it with my 2nd one to see if it's worth buying. My primary one has 153 disc.

And is Last Word worth it if I have The Devil You Know? Doesn't seem like it to me cuz I lose impact, range & magazine size. Plus I just unlocked explosive rounds on TDYK.

Nothing for me here....I got the last word from a drop and its an amazing gun for pvp, but lacks in range so unless you are close you are pretty much dead. Hawkmoon would have been way better.

All I need to do right now is get my Hunter to Vanguard 2 so I can buy some freaking legendary armor fuck !

On a side note, anyone here has the white PS4? How are you guys liking it. I'm on the fence between that one, the BF bundle with LoU and GTA5 or another bundle with 2 controllers (no game). Any opinions/recommendations are highly appreciated.

I would go with the BF bundle with GTa and TLoU if you havnt played those games yet. The one with 2 controllers innt much of a deal since ps4 controllers will be on sale at $39.99 on BF too. Unless your home entertainment system consist of various colored equipment having a white thing in the mix doesnt look that appealing imo

Did another atheon run with my titan last night. Used destinylfg. got a decent random crew. Had to wipe a couple of times since everyone seems like trying to get a feel off how everyone is playing. 3 out of the 6 knew how to use the relic. Unfortunately im not one of them. Hehe! After like maybe the 4th or 5th wipe. We downed atheon in 3 portal trips. Not bad. And good thing atleast one of the 3 that knows how to use the telic gets teleported on that try so i guess it was also lucky. Got atheon epilogue and chatterwhite. Thats my titans 1st normal raid completion so was stked to unlock hard mode for all 3 char. Will be trying to upgrade the boots i got for the hunter. The only problem now is that i obly have 2 bounty slots available for him. Still have thorn, badjuju and now pocket infinity clogging the spot. Gaahh. Hopefully since i got atheons epilogue i can get the void kills done now. Just hate doing crucibles.
Boi I'm in the same boat. I have 3 exotic bounties stuck on the crucible part with my hunter and I'm dreading doing it. I guess if nothing else I will get some marks so I can get some dead orbit stuff. Hit me up if you want to go in and die together.

I got the last word from xur so I guess I should level that up beforehand since it seems to be a good pvp gun. Did the helmet engram too and got the parasite helmet I didnt have so thats cool I guess...I like the radar one though and probably will need that for pvp.

I would go with the BF bundle with GTa and TLoU if you havnt played those games yet. The one with 2 controllers innt much of a deal since ps4 controllers will be on sale at $39.99 on BF too. Unless your home entertainment system consist of various colored equipment having a white thing in the mix doesnt look that appealing imo
Yeah all black so the white bundle kinda kills it since it will stick out hard core. I have GTA5 for ps3, but that was a gift and the next gen version just looks awesome. Beat LoU and its not my cup of tea. I bet it looks awesome, but I just won't play it.

[quote name="mars009" post="12239633" timestamp="1415988534"]Yeah all black so the white bundle kinda kills it since it will stick out hard core. I have GTA5 for ps3, but that was a gift and the next gen version just looks awesome. Beat LoU and its not my cup of tea. I bet it looks awesome, but I just won't play it.[/quote]

FYIW i did buy TLoU at release day but never got to play it. Its still sealed and collecting dust. I should have just returned. or at least traded it in when i had the chance!

[quote name="blucadet3" post="12239598" timestamp="1415988081"]Boi I'm in the same boat. I have 3 exotic bounties stuck on the crucible part with my hunter and I'm dreading doing it. I guess if nothing else I will get some marks so I can get some dead orbit stuff. Hit me up if you want to go in and die together.[/quote]

I might try crucible next week once i max out atheon epilogue and iron banner is on so il hit 2 birds with 1 stone. I was holding out on doing the bounties coz the only void weapons i have is a shotgun and a rocket launcher and getting amos for heavy is a pain.

Get it just for the sweet reload animation. I find explosive rounds not to be that useful, some shots, [SIZE=13.63636302948px]especially on the Vex,[/SIZE] that would have crit normally don't due to the explosion.
I'm still thinking about it... but The Devil You Know has really won me over with the way it tears thru enemies. And the explosive rounds really do a number on those prick Captains. It was also good against the Archon Priest, whenever I needed to let Ice Breaker regen ammo.

I've been leveling it up the last couple of nights thru strikes and finishing my weekly/NF runs, so I know it can hold it's own. Just not sure that Last Word would replace it, ya know.

On a side note, anyone here has the white PS4? How are you guys liking it. I'm on the fence between that one, the BF bundle with LoU and GTA5 or another bundle with 2 controllers (no game). Any opinions/recommendations are highly appreciated.
Still think the Destiny bundle is sexy and that's the one I'd prefer, but would go for the better deal (which I'm still waiting for). Sony's being stingy right now. Now a Destiny bundle @ 400, plus GTA 5 & LoU would get my attention... oh well.

Maybe I'll get lucky closer to X-mas

To give you an idea, I wanted the Sunset OD bundle for the X1, but waited for the the Bestbuy deal last weekend... so I missed out on the white unit but still grabbed the COD one, all because of the price drop, trade-in promo, free 1yr Live & a few reward certs.

I might try crucible next week once i max out atheon epilogue and iron banner is on so il hit 2 birds with 1 stone. I was holding out on doing the bounties coz the only void weapons i have is a shotgun and a rocket launcher and getting amos for heavy is a pain.
I had mine equipped for the bounty, but only as a backup to the shotty for those moments where someone is shooting from far away.Atheon's E. becomes a light trail back to you. Those purple bullets make it very easy for anyone to find your position. I learned that real quick :p

I feel completing the crucible parts of the exotic weapon bounties made me better at crucible. They force me to learn the maps, and taught me to not rush the enemy position as a lone wolf, and stay with a group.

[quote name="jgu" post="12240052" timestamp="1415995748"]I feel completing the crucible parts of the exotic weapon bounties made me better at crucible. They force me to learn the maps, and taught me to not rush the enemy position as a lone wolf, and stay with a group.[/quote]

Yeah thats what their intentions were. I did enjoy playing control over the other modes coz somehow theres strategies involved even though you cant talk to teammates. Hopefully having that voice chat update will change how crucible feels. Im just not into competitive multiplayer.

Still think the Destiny bundle is sexy and that's the one I'd prefer, but would go for the better deal (which I'm still waiting for). Sony's being stingy right now. Now a Destiny bundle @ 400, plus GTA 5 & LoU would get my attention... oh well.

Maybe I'll get lucky closer to X-mas

To give you an idea, I wanted the Sunset OD bundle for the X1, but waited for the the Bestbuy deal last weekend... so I missed out on the white unit but still grabbed the COD one, all because of the price drop, trade-in promo, free 1yr Live & a few reward certs.
Yeah I find it sexy too, just don't know if it will go well with an all black everything else environment. How much did you end up dropping for the X1 bundle with all the goodies? I don't remember seeing that promo

Yeah thats what their intentions were. I did enjoy playing control over the other modes coz somehow theres strategies involved even though you cant talk to teammates. Hopefully having that voice chat update will change how crucible feels. Im just not into competitive multiplayer.
For the chat option... I can leave it as it currently is right. Not to be an antisocial, but only being able to here my friends on a PvP match is just so much better than dealing with a random yelling at me for whatever reason or hearing him breath too loudly on the mic. That plus the name calling...sigh I'm just not willing to put up with it

Yeah I find it sexy too, just don't know if it will go well with an all black everything else environment. How much did you end up dropping for the X1 bundle with all the goodies? I don't remember seeing that promo
It was part of the special event sale at select BB stores. One of the deals was buy any X1, including the bundles, and get 1yr of Live for free.

I stacked it with a trade-in offer to get 150 towards a X1 purchase by trading in an old slim PS3 (still have my phat 60gb though). This was a big part of the deal to me since I doubt anyone else woulda given me as much for it.

So 300 for the COD bundle (it has the 1tb harddrive) + free Live. This was also important since it looks like you "hafta" to have the memberships during this gen (live, ps+) for so many games. Basically, woulda bought Live anyway.

Then used some giftcards from the 50%trade boost they had. Walked out at around 260, after tax. Also had reward certs that I could use but held off, in case there was some really good Black Friday deal and I would return it.

So now I have those certs to use on the BF game deals :D

Could've been much better if I had gone after one of the 350 bundles instead. But was only ever interested in the SSO bundle; that would've been 160 out-of-pocket for me (if only they had it in stock).

Now I just need to sell off the COD code to finish my deal (sorta sounds like an exotic bounty doesn't it) ;)

Anybody who has alternates that hasnt done raid yet this week? My titan still has an oracles checkpoint for hard. Ill probably be on 9-930pst so hit me up if you want to join. If no ones up for it. Ill probably look for a group agaib in destinylfg. Btw, is there a way
To save and carrover a checkpoint after the reset? Just be inside the VOG before the reset and leave aftet the reset happens?

Btw, is there a way To save and carrover a checkpoint after the reset? Just be inside the VOG before the reset and leave aftet the reset happens?
I remember io posting something about that in the xbox Destiny thread, though not sure on the exact steps to save the checkpoint

And you can hide the double post if you want. I've been getting alot of those lately for some reason

Damn. That's two times in the past month when Xur has been selling the exotic weapon I received from a Crucible lucky-RNG drop several days before he arrived at the Tower. Oh well, so a Strange coin saved is a strange coin earned? They sure keep piling up the past few weeks with nothing to spend them on.

I've been using The Last Word quite a bit this week and have upgraded it to the point of just needing more energy to increase the damage rating. Once you get the stability upgrades it's a pretty fun weapon to use. The range is low and it plays a bit more like a auto-shotgun.

I might be in the minority here, but I don't mind playing the Crucible. Sure it's buggy, there's lag, and poor team balancing but I kind of like the challenge when the other team has some good players. I mainly play Control since it at least has a little team based qualities to it. Plus it's pretty easy to knock down most of the crucible bounties and earn crucible marks in the process.

Bought The Last Word from Xur this morning. 

Got The Last Word from a chest during the Raid.

Dammit Destiny, why you gotta do that to me? 

(Also got a shotgun and chest piece for my Titan, + enough shards to get to level 29, so I'm only 65% pissed)

Did oracles and temp on my titan. Praedyth got his revenge on me again by trolling me with that damn sniper. I have had it drop 6 times in 2 weeks.

As for saving checkpoints, it's a fairly simple process. You need to have someone get into the checkpoint before the reset happens and wait. When the reset time passes they stay in while everybody else logs out to reset and grab the checkpoint once they get back in. Then someone gives the checkpoint to the guy that stayed in and everyone is good to go.

Man even when RNGesus isn't trolling me he's trolling me. Finished up the raid on my titan and finally got a helmet which of course dropped right along side another helmet. Both were discipline and strength with 1 having 1 more of each stat.  Also got my 3rd vex and 6th sparrow. I can hit 30 on all of my characters if I get boots now, so it looks like I am going to be running Iron Banner nonstop.

On a different note I have to say I am really tired of seeing people in the hard raid without upgraded weapons. I can sort of understand not having a 300 in every slot even though I kind of think everyone should try to get to that point before taking on the hard raid, but to have 3 weapons without a single upgrade on them is ridiculous. I also think it's a little ridiculous that the relic still occasionally becomes an issue on the Atheon fight because people refuse to learn how to use it. Nothing quite like being outside and finding out that the portal team caused a wipe because no one grabbed the relic. It's really not that complicated and with random teleports everyone should really figure out how to use it at a passable level just in case. Seems like every time I raid with randoms it ends up taking way longer and being way more frustrating than it needs to be if it even gets done at all.  

Went ahead and grabbed Last Word. Broly's description got me interested in giving it a try. Now to see when I'll have time to work on it.

On a different note I have to say I am really tired of seeing people in the hard raid without upgraded weapons. I can sort of understand not having a 300 in every slot even though I kind of think everyone should try to get to that point before taking on the hard raid, but to have 3 weapons without a single upgrade on them is ridiculous. I also think it's a little ridiculous that the relic still occasionally becomes an issue on the Atheon fight because people refuse to learn how to use it.
Ugh this. Got into a hm Atheon group last night. And while I've raided with some of the guys others were new to me.

At first glance things looked good since I and 3 others were 30's and 2 were 29's. But then I look at their gear and see that only three of us has 300 weapons of any kind. The others were running in with freshly aquired weapons, so 248.

Worst part is that after a few wipes they start talking about how they're using the raid to level up their guns... I'm mean... really :roll: .

The raid is not the place to do that, at least not the HARD mode anyway. I'll help run you thru on 26 if that's what you want to do.

What a freakin waste.

I'm not one to criticize others for failing... we all go thru that learning curve. But that is just BS

That's what you'll get when you base progression in the game on RNG and luck, and not on skill or experience.  

If I sound bitter it's because I just deleted my hunter so I can have 2 titans to improve my chances of getting to 30.  I don't know how many times I can play through the shitty story missions, just give me a level 20 character already.

got VOC experience to max. thanks to easy bounties today. only problem is i have to farm relic irons. hopefully the relic run i saw on youtube is going to be fruitful. i usually farm near the skyscraper. hehe! after this i need to max out Atheon E. before the reset. I haven't tried looking to join atheon on hard since i feel like my gear of 300 weapons isn't enough plus don't want to waste shards on regular legendaries to put me to 29 and hoping i can get atleast 3 of the armors doing regular atheon and hard oracle/templar runs.

oh and i finally got to do crucible last night and finished my bad juju bounty. felt different this time with a max auto rifle. was usually 2nd or 3rd on top which was a bit surprising. i hate the moon map but really enjoy the mars and venus ones. played control and notice some really good players in there. someone was soloing guarding control "B" which was astonishing. he was using titan doing bubble thing. got to win 2 rounds because of that tactic. hehe! the only thing bad is the RNG. someone from my team who was dead last got truth last night while the rest got crappy armors.

Went from oracles to the end with my 30 warlock on hard. Warlock helmet with full discipline, my old one was half discipline and half strength. Also got raid gauntlets, but they were worse than the ones i had. Got a new raid chest that had better stats than my old one. Then i got a speeder which i wanted for my third character, and some timebreaker pulse rifle that i dont have. So yeah i came away with some good stuff. I was already 30 so i didnt need any gear, but to get three pieces from one raid was nice. Too bad the raid wont give my other two characters boots!

Also bought the Last Word and im falling in love with it. Not only does it have cool shooting animation, or an animation where you spin it around western style, its fully automatic. Only wish it had a bigger clip size LOL.

I did cave and bought an exotic engram from Xur and i got the hunter symbiot helm i already had, and it was only +1 better in the stats. So it was a waste of motes.

Went ahead and grabbed Last Word. Broly's description got me interested in giving it a try. Now to see when I'll have time to work on it.

Ugh this. Got into a hm Atheon group last night. And while I've raided with some of the guys others were new to me.

At first glance things looked good since I and 3 others were 30's and 2 were 29's. But then I look at their gear and see that only three of us has 300 weapons of any kind. The others were running in with freshly aquired weapons, so 248.

Worst part is that after a few wipes they start talking about how they're using the raid to level up their guns... I'm mean... really :roll: .

The raid is not the place to do that, at least not the HARD mode anyway. I'll help run you thru on 26 if that's what you want to do.

What a freakin waste.

I'm not one to criticize others for failing... we all go thru that learning curve. But that is just BS
I hear ya. Even with the team I usually run, we didn't finish it on Friday and then people didn't show up last night. I still need to do a full run on my Warlock and finish the one I started with my Hunter (currently @ Atheon). I've been trying to poke you on the psn, but I've seen you have been helping some others :shame: .

No raid gear for my titan this week but happy he got to finish normal and he found atheon e. Last night i was able to join a hard oracles-templar group with 3 30 warlocks. 2 lvl 29 hunters and myself lvl 28 char. One of the 29 was complaining y i was there and asked the warlock that invited me to kick me out. Warlock defended me since i had max icebreaker and voc that itl be alright. During the last part of run the hunter got sniped for some reason and died having everyone else to pick up the slack. And ofcourse since he was a hunter he didnt have to domuch in the templar phase. Sheesh. Some people are just pricks and feels entitled. In the end he didnt get gear aswell. Serves him right i guess.

Im almost done maxing AE exp. its gona be a pain again farming helium though.

So for the vets that do raids do u use AE for the most part or raid or VOC better.

No raid gear for my titan this week but happy he got to finish normal and he found atheon e. Last night i was able to join a hard oracles-templar group with 3 30 warlocks. 2 lvl 29 hunters and myself lvl 28 char. One of the 29 was complaining y i was there and asked the warlock that invited me to kick me out. Warlock defended me since i had max icebreaker and voc that itl be alright. During the last part of run the hunter got sniped for some reason and died having everyone else to pick up the slack. And ofcourse since he was a hunter he didnt have to domuch in the templar phase. Sheesh. Some people are just pricks and feels entitled. In the end he didnt get gear aswell. Serves him right i guess. Im almost done maxing AE exp. its gona be a pain again farming helium though. So for the vets that do raids do u use AE for the most part or raid or VOC better.
Man that's why I hate dropping by to someone else's party. You never know if there is going to be an entitled prick in there. I remember a guy non stop talking about being level 30 compared to a friend's and my Titan, yet he was a nuisance in the VoG and useless in the Crucible...what a joke

[quote name="mars009" post="12244301" timestamp="1416169015"]Man that's why I hate dropping by to someone else's party. You never know if there is going to be an entitled prick in there. I remember a guy non stop talking about being level 30 compared to a friend's and my Titan, yet he was a nuisance in the VoG and useless in the Crucible...what a joke[/quote]
That's funny because when I drop in to my friends party he is usually with a girl and I'm told to leave immediately.

I hear ya. Even with the team I usually run, we didn't finish it on Friday and then people didn't show up last night. I still need to do a full run on my Warlock and finish the one I started with my Hunter (currently @ Atheon). I've been trying to poke you on the psn, but I've seen you have been helping some others :shame: .
Hit me up if you're on tonight. Still gotta do normal on my main, plus hard for both.

Yeah, with all the hopping around, I've only completed the full normal on 1 toon. smh

That's what you'll get when you base progression in the game on RNG and luck, and not on skill or experience.

If I sound bitter it's because I just deleted my hunter so I can have 2 titans to improve my chances of getting to 30. I don't know how many times I can play through the shitty story missions, just give me a level 20 character already.
No!! Dude!! I went the other way. I had 2 Titans and still the RNG sucked big time. Now that I have 1 of each class and think about all the time I could have invested on the Hunter I cringe at all the lost potential and catch up I have to do.

PSA to anyone that needs a good player on their roster/friend's list

So anyone need a good player/raider on their friends list?

I have a 30 Warlock + 30 Titan + 29 Hunter at the ready every week

I can solo all Nightfalls and most of the time solo it for others who don't have time or just wanna chat while I do the work (I enjoy helping others)

Fully Maxed arsenal of Weapons that chew through all facets of the game

Warlock:

M1vkRdB.jpg

MkWU3Rv.png

Titan:

u6HcrnS.jpg

IS5Zfrn.png

Hunter:

6EqIb0b.jpg

FnerAMs.png

Stats page:

http://destinystatus.com/psn/GraveRobberX

Yes I play too much Destiny, clocked in 525 hours of Playtime

What a freakin waste.

They realize exp isn't earned on ads in the raid, right? Use the vex glimmer item, any enemy that actually gives glimmer gives exp. So basically, one small bounty is more than the exp for the entire raid.

That's one of the problems with cheesing. Everyone just immediately loads to oracles checkpoint, cheeses up to gatekeeper, and previously cheesed atheon. You have a lot of people who are garbage at the game who are 30s based on RNG and cheese.

If the game's mechanics weren't so fundamentally broken when it comes to loot and basic game structure this wouldn't be a problem. But as it stands, Destiny is garbage and people who are still playing it need to look at themselves in the mirror.

On another note, I would like to add that I called Sony Customer Support and managed to get a full refund on my expansion pass! Now I can spend $35 on something worthwhile. I basically broke even on Destiny with GCU. Bought it for $47.99+got a $10 reward cert. Traded it in to BB for $38. That works for me, except for the colossal amount of time wasted. At least I learned my lesson.

CAGkrazy said:
Im almost done maxing AE exp. its gona be a pain again farming helium though. So for the vets that do raids do u use AE for the most part or raid or VOC better.
I got Atheon's Epilogue from my very first Raid and so I have used it a lot in later Raids. When I got Vision of Confluence I started using that but I'd just have to say it depends... I like AE for anywhere with Praetorians, as I think they have void shields. It definitely chews them up more than the VoC. But for most other parts I like to use VoC. Though you can really just use AE through the whole thing. If you are sniping the oracles before the Templar, then VoC is better for its higher accuracy and range. I usually combo Ice Breaker and VoC for that. But then it is back to AE for the Gatekeeper section (especially if I'm guarding portals). Either one is good for laying into Atheon (though I tend to use Icebreaker then as well - getting 15K criticals during Time's Vengeance is pretty nice).

But for most other parts of the game I use VoC all the time except when I'm trying to level up other weapons. I spent time leveling up Fatebringer once I scored that from the hard Raid, and that was well worth having when the last Nigthfall came around (with Arc burn). I finally pulled a Vex Mythoclast last week so I am levelling that as well as Last Word which Broly convinced me to buy. It is just painfully slow to level those exotics ;).

With AE, VoC, and Fatebringer you have a legendary primary with all 3 types of elemental damage. Even though they all handle pretty differently, that is a pretty nice combo to have. The only weapon I don't have from the Raid is the pulse rifle. I'd still like to get that (along with the last few armor pieces I need for my Warlock and Hunter) but I can probably live without it. I'm using Praedyth's Revenge (Raid sniper with void damage) as the alternate to my Ice Breaker when I'm using another exotic (usually Gjallahorn which I also like to use on Atheon). I have Hezen Vengeance (rocket launcher) but haven't maxed that out yet. I just use Unfriendly Giant as my "regular" rocket launcher.

Yeah I always think it's funny when people freak out about level for cheesing oracles or say they're trying to level weapons in the raid. There is not much xp to be had in the raid and people do not seem to realize that oracles work differently from every other mob in the game. There is no damage reduction from being a lower level on oracles. The only justifiable reason for trying to get you replaced with a higher level would be if they saw the 3 30s and thought that they could turn it into a full clear. That's still not an excuse for being a jerk though and there would still be no reason to not let you stay until the gatekeeper checkpoint. Glad to hear someone stuck up for you and let you stay. If it was my group the guy trying to get you kicked would have been looking for a new team

To answer your question about AE, from a pure numbers standpoint it is the best of the raid primaries for oracles during the atheon fight. Scout rifles and hand cannons do reduced damage to oracles which gives AE the edge. Someone broke it all down on reddit a while back. VoC and FB were pretty close against oracles and do better than AE on most mobs, but against oracles AE came out ahead by a decent margin. Add that to the void damage for praetorians and minotaurs and AE is my weapon of choice. Honestly though they all do fine on oracles and have their advantages and disadvantages in different parts of the raid. The only thing that I will say is that if you're a warlock on atheon I would go VoC. The burn proc from radiance that solar weapons get makes a big difference which should put it well ahead if you're reduced to using your primary on him. Oh and I should mention that the pulse rifle is terrible.

I use AE as my only primary during raids, but it's the only viable gun I have at 300.  I use corrective measure (void heavy machine gun) when I need the extra firepower for the heavier parts -- the perk that makes more heavy ammo drop means I usually have plenty of bullets on it.

To CAGkrazy:

AE is a nice gun

Don't let it fool you with the impact deficiency

It is really good on Oracles during Atheon's Porting

AR's have no penalty

Scout Rifles have a 20% penalty damage wise

Hand Canons 30-40% (I forget which)

A Fusion Rifle or LMG/RL will chew through also, no clue of they have a penalty

I use VoC till Oracles at Templar, then Ice Breaker + Corrective Measure for Oracles

Then VoC Again till Atheon, then swap for AE

jhill9056 said:
The burn proc from radiance that solar weapons get makes a big difference which should put it well ahead if you're reduced to using your primary on him. Oh and I should mention that the pulse rifle is terrible.
I guess that is why people use Gjallahorn also. Do you have to go into Radiance though to trigger the extra damage or do you get that automatically via Time's Vengeance? I never have time to think about triggering my super and even if I did I'd want to save it for self-res (especially in hard mode).

As for the pulse rifle, someone was showing it off at the end of the hard raid once and they were demonstrating how incredibly stable it is. They said you could aim at something and it never moves off target. That seems useful to me. Also, it is just for completeness sake that I want it. I mean, I've gotten just about everything else. All I'm missing from the entire Raid is that, the Warlock cuirass and helm, and the Hunter cuirass and boots.

jhill9056 said:
The burn proc from radiance that solar weapons get makes a big difference which should put it well ahead if you're reduced to using your primary on him. Oh and I should mention that the pulse rifle is terrible.
I guess that is why people use Gjallahorn also. Do you have to go into Radiance though to trigger the extra damage or do you get that automatically via Time's Vengeance? I never have time to think about triggering my super and even if I did I'd want to save it for self-res (especially in hard mode).

As for the pulse rifle, someone was showing it off at the end of the hard raid once and they were demonstrating how incredibly stable it is. They said you could aim at something and it never moves off target. That seems useful to me. Also, it is just for completeness sake that I want it. I mean, I've gotten just about everything else. All I'm missing from the entire Raid is that, the Warlock cuirass and helm, and the Hunter cuirass and boots.

It's from radiance. I usually just pop it once I land on the middle platform and start unloading. You don't have to worry about saving the super since you get it back almost instantly with the buff up and it adds a lot of damage. I don't know that it's the reason that people use Gjallarhorn, butit is nice that it works with it. I think it has more to do with the fact that Gjallarhorn does huge damage. I think you really need to have multiple Gjallarhorns to make it really shine though. The cluster rockets seem to make Atheon move like pulsing grenades do. It makes it harder for everyone else to crit, so I think you're better off sniping if there are not multiple people with Gjallarhorn. If you do have multiple Gjallarhorns it absolutely wrecks him. It's one of the best options either way, but I generally stick with my ice breaker if there are not a few more people using Gjallarhorn in the group.

Hah - with my Icebreaker doing 12-15K already, I can only wonder what it does with radiance on! And that is as a level 29 vs. level 30 Atheon.

That does explain why he was moving around so much though. There was one guy unloading with Gjallarhorn (from the back) while the rest of us sat in the bubble. It was hard to get consistent crits since he moved all over, including behind some pillars occasionally. But still, if we can do it in 3 teleports on Hard, I'm cool with it no matter how it happens.

I have hard atheon checkpoint, would need three more people level 29 but prefer 30s. Let me know if you are available monday night after 9pm ET
I would love to jump in. Level 29 Titan, have done hard mode once before (intimidating stuff without the right team). I'm on CT time.

On a side note, did the raid on normal yet again and got nothing. A random got the Gallahorn ... fuck you RNGesus. Stuck at level 29 with the Titan and 0 raid gear for my other 2 classes.

bread's done
Back