Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Is the destiny update live already? Would love to finally get extra bounty slots.

In the notes it mentioned something about winter run exploit area. Wonder what they fixed. The snipe spot or the under the platform trick?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the destiny update live already? Would love to finally get extra bounty slots. In the notes it mentioned something about winter run exploit area. Wonder what they fixed. The snipe spot or the under the platform trick?
I think they did fix the cheese spot vs the archon priest. Which sucks because that mission is a bitch at the end with all those extra enemies.

I cant even get the update to download anymore, someone on twitter said its because PSN is undergoing maintenance?

Im gunna love getting those extra bounty slots, and also read the shader lady is selling more shaders!

I wonder if they will ever fix that extreme lag in the PVP, its really the only thing that bothers me and stops me from really wanting to actually play PVP.

I think they did fix the cheese spot vs the archon priest. Which sucks because that mission is a bitch at the end with all those extra enemies.

I cant even get the update to download anymore, someone on twitter said its because PSN is undergoing maintenance?

Im gunna love getting those extra bounty slots, and also read the shader lady is selling more shaders!

I wonder if they will ever fix that extreme lag in the PVP, its really the only thing that bothers me and stops me from really wanting to actually play PVP.
That Nightfall would be straight-up impossible without being able to hide under the platform. Yikes.

[quote name="johnnypark" post="12246679" timestamp="1416246679"]That Nightfall would be straight-up impossible without being able to hide under the platform. Yikes.[/quote]

As long as that snipe spot on top is accessible then its still workable. I joined jgu last night diing nightfall and fought the priest on the snipe spot instead of under the platform. It was more challenging but we defeated him more quickly that way.

I was trying to max my AE last night and ryn out of bounties so i decided to do vanguard tiger and got the nexus strike. On the boss fight, we went dow instead of sniping nexus on top. One of my teammates was cheesing nexus in a spot behind a huge boulder that was near the back wall elevated where not even the mobs can reach him and nexus cant hurt him. Pretty sweet. Might have to try that spot next time.

Wait the update is 2gb? Hopeful my ps4 does that auto dowload thing. Dont want ti wait that long when i fire up the game later tonighy

Hey, who's the guy with the full set of raid armor???

This Guy :bouncy: !!!

Got the raid helm last night along with Vex Mythoclast.  My 2nd titan seems to get the better drops for some reason.  Either that or I'm off RNGeezy's "ish-list" (for now anyway) ;)

Went from Oracles thru Atheon on my 1st titan and all I got were shards, a 4th Praedyths Revenge, a 2nd Timebreaker and 4th Aspect of Glass.

Then the lead called me back to help another group do Atheon and that's when I struck paydirt. So now I get to raid the way I want to, using Armamentarium.

I was sooo happy that I went to work on leveling my warlock... got her up to lvl 8 in a couple of hours.  Switched back to finish the daily & to start working on the new gear.

I'm thinking I should try Hard only from now on.  My 1st had a normal clear before I did Hard & didn't get much, where my 2nd hadn't done anything and got rewarded very well from just doing Atheon.

I need loads of shards to get my Titan up above 27. I need to either do hard raid with my 29 Hunter or regular with my 27 Titan. I dont even care if we get to the end as long as I get some shards along the way. Anyone else have a character who hasnt raided this week?

As long as that snipe spot on top is accessible then its still workable. I joined jgu last night diing nightfall and fought the priest on the snipe spot instead of under the platform. It was more challenging but we defeated him more quickly that way. I was trying to max my AE last night and ryn out of bounties so i decided to do vanguard tiger and got the nexus strike. On the boss fight, we went dow instead of sniping nexus on top. One of my teammates was cheesing nexus in a spot behind a huge boulder that was near the back wall elevated where not even the mobs can reach him and nexus cant hurt him. Pretty sweet. Might have to try that spot next time.
Yeah I did the snipe spot on the cliff while the other two guys hid under the platform. I got more kills and didnt die. They revived each other so I didnt have to go out of the spot unless a ship came and pounded me with lasers.

Solo would suckkkkk

[quote name="blucadet3" post="12247174" timestamp="1416255410"]Yeah I did the snipe spot on the cliff while the other two guys hid under the platform. I got more kills and didnt die. They revived each other so I didnt have to go out of the spot unless a ship came and pounded me with lasers.

Solo would suckkkkk[/quote]

Weekly heroic for winters run aint that bad soloing. Its the nightfall that is going to suck. After this patch. Better level up an arc sniper or something. Ive been using ice breaker exclusively this last couple of weeks on nightfalls but seeing jgu getting so much more damage last night, i need to up my arsenal abit. Hehe! Might have to max patience in time tonight. Just need to farm materials for the last 3 upgrade.

Hey, who's the guy with the full set of raid armor???

This Guy :bouncy: !!!

Got the raid helm last night along with Vex Mythoclast. My 2nd titan seems to get the better drops for some reason. Either that or I'm off RNGeezy's "ish-list" (for now anyway) ;)

Went from Oracles thru Atheon on my 1st titan and all I got were shards, a 4th Praedyths Revenge, a 2nd Timebreaker and 4th Aspect of Glass.

Then the lead called me back to help another group do Atheon and that's when I struck paydirt. So now I get to raid the way I want to, using Armamentarium.

I was sooo happy that I went to work on leveling my warlock... got her up to lvl 8 in a couple of hours. Switched back to finish the daily & to start working on the new gear.

I'm thinking I should try Hard only from now on. My 1st had a normal clear before I did Hard & didn't get much, where my 2nd hadn't done anything and got rewarded very well from just doing Atheon.
I hope my jealousy can reach you all the way :nottalking:

So is the iron banner open for business with the update or will that get started tomorrow?  Nvm it seems it will be until tomorrow

[quote name="The 7th Number" post="12247706" timestamp="1416266341"]Iron banner starts tomorrow?[/quote]

Havent joined iron banner since my char were crappy the 1st time around. But this time id probably have a go at it. You just need to finish off bounties for it right to get the loot? Or do you get random rewards too while platjng the event?

Somebody already found a new way into the cheese spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJCM1dLaisI&list=UUgzGmuhuFcC9qjQ0aq11RuQ

Honestly there are way more pressing problems they should be taking care of and unless they are going to close off all the cheese spots, make it so you don't spawn if you rejoin after a death, and stop people from reviving while invisible there are way too many ways to effectively cheese to make it worth trying to stop with all of the other things that are wrong with the game. Making the game slightly less convenient for us when there are so many bugs in the raid and other places makes it seem like bungie just does not care about the player base.

I'm excited about the extra bounty slots, optional chat should be helpful, and I am hoping I can get enough time in Iron Banner to get boots on my characters before I go out of town on Friday. The rest of the update seems fairly insignificant and I wish they would place priority on bigger issues.

Did gatekeeper and aethon on hard with my warlock tonight before reset and got gloves so now I can get that char to 30 which was the last class that I wasnt at 30 but I'm kind of at a loss for what to do now till the dlc

Got oracles checkpoint on my hunter if anyone is on at reset and wants to help carry it over or just wants it later. Assuming it still works of course.

Somebody already found a new way into the cheese spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJCM1dLaisI&list=UUgzGmuhuFcC9qjQ0aq11RuQ

Honestly there are way more pressing problems they should be taking care of and unless they are going to close off all the cheese spots, make it so you don't spawn if you rejoin after a death, and stop people from reviving while invisible there are way too many ways to effectively cheese to make it worth trying to stop with all of the other things that are wrong with the game. Making the game slightly less convenient for us when there are so many bugs in the raid and other places makes it seem like bungie just does not care about the player base.

I'm excited about the extra bounty slots, optional chat should be helpful, and I am hoping I can get enough time in Iron Banner to get boots on my characters before I go out of town on Friday. The rest of the update seems fairly insignificant and I wish they would place priority on bigger issues.
This is really an issue and shows Bungie's ridiculous priorities. The cheese spots make the boring, stupid, tedious bullet sponge boss fights not as much of an inconvenience.

Had 2 and a half hours to kill before the reset, so I decided to go watch some shows on my DVR. I got through Gotham and another show before I fell asleep. I just woke up over an hour after the reset. I guess I got a little too comfortable. No checkpoints for me. I should be able to find them pretty easily in the morning though.

Once (if?) I get back from the DMV today, I'll be looking to do the Nightfall/Weekly/Daily? If you're on my friends list and online this is your warning, you will get an invite.

Heads up - the new sparrow is in the game now. That one that leaked with the Halloween stuff. People are getting them in the post - maybe for limited editions only? I didn't get one. I saw a bunch of people going off jumps and doing barrel rolls tonight though. And one of the guys in my Raid had one and he had the LE.

Iron banner starts tomorrow?
Yup http://www.bungie.net/7_Iron-Banner-Reforged/en/News/News?aid=12402 . I've been looking forward to this for a very long time since it might be the only shot to get my 3 characters to level 30. Might not even do nightfall this week just to get all the gear for each class.

Yikes gotta get to level 4 to get all the gear ... fuck

Also, seems the item that the buff item is not a consumable. The moment you buy it, the clock starts ticking. So don't buy it until the weekend would be my guess, http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2mnfjm/sga_do_not_buy_the_iron_banner_buff_today_it_will/

School semester is kicking my ass the moment. I'm planning on jumping online tonight 10:00 pm eastern or later to relax and unwind for a while. I'm currently a level 27 hunter and would like to take advantage of my limited time, can I join someone on some raids or daily weekly/events in order to hopefully stumble on some good gear ?

What does the buff do? why wait till the weekend? And can i buy more than 1?

Whats great is the boots i need are only required to get to level 3. Im already almost level 2. I do want the cape for my hunter too but thats not really needed. maybe i can get to rank 3 with both my hunter and titan and get both to 30 finally.

The buff gives you bonus rep gains for 12 hours. The later in the week it is the greater effect it has. It is meant to allow people who do not have tons of time to catch up with those who do. It's a one time use.

Im not faniliar with iron banner. Do you get to keep your previous rank? Or does it resets each time the event happens. Never bothed with it the last time since i hatdly have any good gear to use on it

Had 2 and a half hours to kill before the reset, so I decided to go watch some shows on my DVR. I got through Gotham and another show before I fell asleep. I just woke up over an hour after the reset. I guess I got a little too comfortable. No checkpoints for me. I should be able to find them pretty easily in the morning though.
Sleep felt so nice, I needed it more than the checkpoint.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Who's good at crucible here, and like to help other cags in iron banner?[/SIZE]

What does the buff do? why wait till the weekend? And can i buy more than 1?

Whats great is the boots i need are only required to get to level 3. Im already almost level 2. I do want the cape for my hunter too but thats not really needed. maybe i can get to rank 3 with both my hunter and titan and get both to 30 finally.
With the luck I have had getting Raid boots or gauntlets for any of the 3 classes I don't think I'm going to risk it and just go ahead and try to get to level 4 on each. We'll see how that works, but it seems the Nightfall does stack on the rep percentage too, so gotta do that asap today too

[quote name="jhill9056" post="12249563" timestamp="1416332960"]You get to keep your rank from last time for this one, but after this one it will reset each time.[/quote]

Guess since i didnt do the 1st one its no sense doing it this time around if i cant reach lvl 4 on time. Oh well. Will just wait for dlc gears then.

Guess since i didnt do the 1st one its no sense doing it this time around if i cant reach lvl 4 on time. Oh well. Will just wait for dlc gears then.
You should be able to get to lvl 4 in iron banner no problem. The shader, emblem, and class item all give you an extra 10% rep, and they stack. Mars009 mentioned nightfall also give you a bonus, which is awesome, because I don't think it did the last time. You also get a coin if you loose a match, and you can turn that in after a win for extra rep. Then there is the Iron Banner Buff, that give you extra rep for 12 hours. Don't buy it now, buy it towards the end, because it activates right after you buy it, and the buff is greater towards the end of Iron Banner.

Feels like Bungie really thought Iron Banner through, wish they would put the same effort in other parts of the game.

Well it looks like the buff might not be a one time thing after all. I didn't see it myself, but people on reddit are saying that some of the devs said you will be able to buy it again once it wears off on a twitch stream. I think my hunter is fairly close to rank 3 already, so I might test it out on there if I don't see further confirmation first. They definitely claimed it would be a one time thing initially. Guess we will know for sure later today.  

You should be able to get to lvl 4 in iron banner no problem. The shader, emblem, and class item all give you an extra 10% rep, and they stack. Mars009 mentioned nightfall also give you a bonus, which is awesome, because I don't think it did the last time. You also get a coin if you loose a match, and you can turn that in after a win for extra rep. Then there is the Iron Banner Buff, that give you extra rep for 12 hours. Don't buy it now, buy it towards the end, because it activates right after you buy it, and the buff is greater towards the end of Iron Banner.

Feels like Bungie really thought Iron Banner through, wish they would put the same effort in other parts of the game.
Yeah I f'd up this morning and bought the buff on my titan and then left for work. I thought it would be something like a consumable you use later not an instant start! SMOOOTHHHHHH.

I was still on a high from getting Plan C from nightfall. Thats two weeks in a row my titan got an epic for nightfall. Crazy. Lucky.

Oh, so I should buy the little banner at level 1 for Iron Banner? I'll have to remember that. Will my New Monarchy skirt (Titan) affect any of that IB rep? Should I take it off or is it OK to leave it on? Trying to juggle IB, New Monarchy leveling and my Thorn bounty is going to be quite an act...

How long do you guys think leveling IB from lvl1-4. Will take it take days to max? Coz i still want to my normal stuff and i only have like 4 hours a night to burn.

I started at zero this morning and am almost level 2 after 3 hours or so. So I'd imagine if you have a few hours a day it shouldn't be that difficult

I started at zero this morning and am almost level 2 after 3 hours or so. So I'd imagine if you have a few hours a day it shouldn't be that difficult
Mmmm well so if nightfall doesn't give a buff I might not do it just yet. I rather spend the whole looking for the 3 boots and 3 gloves. Also 3 hours for almost level 2 seems reasonable (sorta). Were you winning all the time of half and half?

Man, I don't know what to do about Iron Banner.  Luckily, I don't need the armor but would like to get it in case I keep my 2nd titan (or it has better perks).

But if I go by this breakdown:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2mosty/rank_from_05_in_iron_banner_a_look_at_some_numbers/

that'll be at least 2 nights worth of gaming ONLY on Iron Banner.  Which means I won't be doing any leveling to my warlock or newly acquired gear (let alone the dailies, weeklies, NF, Raids...) Argh!

I guess I better see the gear specs before I make a decision

I lost about 7-8 matches, however now you get a coin (hold up to 5 at a time) that is cashed in for additional rep when you win. Doing the bounties will speed up the process too.

Really I've gotten dicked by rng in the raid with nothing but shards and chatter white and a shotgun/heavy weapon so it's a bit refreshing to have a change of pace. Granted I only have one character due to life

[quote name="bfinup" post="12250459" timestamp="1416349494"]Granted I only have one character due to life[/quote]

Thats the problem i jave 3 char tk work on. Waah! Really dont like crucible unless my teams winning but for the most part its half and half.

Is the matchmaking already in place? Like random vs randoms and preformed team vs preformed teams? I think thats y i hate it coz before im paired with preformed teams than randoms so our chances of winning is slim to none most if the time

Decided to run oracles and temp on all my chars to see if I could get boots on any of them and avoid having to get to rank 3 on all 3. Didn't have any luck, so I'm not sure if I want to head straight into IB or try to get gatekeeper and atheon first. I'm going out of town for a week starting Friday night. Not having to rank up one of my characters would make it a lot easier to get to 30 on all 3.

[quote name="jhill9056" post="12250563" timestamp="1416352025"]Decided to run oracles and temp on all my chars to see if I could get boots on any of them and avoid having to get to rank 3 on all 3. Didn't have any luck, so I'm not sure if I want to head straight into IB or try to get gatekeeper and atheon first. I'm going out of town for a week starting Friday night. Not having to rank up one of my characters would make it a lot easier to get to 30 on all 3.[/quote]

How do you get checkpoins? Through lfg? Looking for oracles hard checkpoint. I do have atheon on normal thanks to motiv. But i also would like to run that part on hard just to get some gear or mats. Wont be attempting hard oracles til i get 3 char to be atleast 29. Just saving up mats right now i think all 2 my char are like 28 3/5 max exotic helms and one maz raid gear.

How do you get checkpoins? Through lfg? Looking for oracles hard checkpoint. I do have atheon on normal thanks to motiv. But i also would like to run that part on hard just to get some gear or mats. Wont be attempting hard oracles til i get 3 char to be atleast 29. Just saving up mats right now i think all 2 my char are like 28 3/5 max exotic helms and one maz raid gear.
You don't need to wait for level 29 to do the Hard Oracles/Templar. You just have to be careful of the Hobos, but that goes for level 30's as well (we had someone one-shot sniped yesterday who was level 30). For Templar it is really just splash damage you have to worry about (and those throwing grenades have to be careful). But you could be a level 28 Hunter relic holder - since Hunters are useless in that part anyway ;).

:rofl: .  Can't tell you how many times I've heard hunters are useless for the Templar, but everyone loves'em during the Atheon teleport bits (assuming they know to use golden gun).

bread's done
Back