Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Have a bunch of extra beta codes from random orders I have for the game.

PM me if you're looking for one. (I have 5+ codes to be redeemed on Bungie.com, you can choose PS3 or PS4)

Also might be looking for a 3rd to play with me and my friend tonight.

Has anyone figured out whether PS3/PS4 is cross-play or not? Friend has a PS3 while I'd prefer to play on my PS4 even though I'm downloading both clients.

Ugh. I never noticed that they retracted the Beta for PS+ members and was holding off on the Preorder from Best Buy until shortly before release due to the way they periodically tag your card. 

Now no access to the Beta .. blah. 

Ugh. I never noticed that they retracted the Beta for PS+ members and was holding off on the Preorder from Best Buy until shortly before release due to the way they periodically tag your card.

Now no access to the Beta .. blah.
Preorder form amazon. Get email with beta code. Cancel preorder. They don't charge your card until it ships.

Or just ask someone for a code as they give everyone 3 codes.

Just launched the Beta. Download took about an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preorder form amazon. Get email with beta code. Cancel preorder. They don't charge your card until it ships.

Or just ask someone for a code as they give everyone 3 codes.

Just launched the Beta. Download took about an hour.
Draekon just sent me a code so I will be able to load it up afterall. Thanks !

I have an extra beta registration code which should allow you to select whichever system you want and get 3 codes for that system, PM me if you want it. Gone!

My download is still at 71% and I have Verizon Fios, with a faster connection than 94% of North America, according to Speedtest. What's the deal?

Yeah, but other people have clearly downloaded the game in much less time since they're playing it right now. 87% as of this moment, but it's been over 2 and a half hours.

I will admit that I don't know much about how things work on the technical side of things, so maybe I'm being foolish by expecting things to be consistent across the board, at least when compared to others in the same country. Is it possible that the fact that I live in overpopulated southern California as opposed to someplace like North Platte, Nebraska could have an effect on it?

At least it seems close to being done. I've just had a frustrating day. Week. Hope you guys who are playing are loving it as much as I loved the alpha.

Well...the PS3 version is a blurry sub-sampled mess. Such an eye-strain inducing shame. :cry:

edit: Here's an example of what the PS3 version of Destiny does:

Native rendering

Native_zps75d772c5.png

Sub-sample rendering

Subsample_zpsb37d6d7c.png

It's a piss poor way to get better performance and I really hope that Bungie finds an alternative way to tweak the last gen versions.

Yeah, but other people have clearly downloaded the game in much less time since they're playing it right now. 87% as of this moment, but it's been over 2 and a half hours.

I will admit that I don't know much about how things work on the technical side of things, so maybe I'm being foolish by expecting things to be consistent across the board, at least when compared to others in the same country. Is it possible that the fact that I live in overpopulated southern California as opposed to someplace like North Platte, Nebraska could have an effect on it?

At least it seems close to being done. I've just had a frustrating day. Week. Hope you guys who are playing are loving it as much as I loved the alpha.
Berzerker had restarted his download (killed the app and re-opened) and it sped up for him. I had a friend come over after he got off work with his PS4 and download the entire beta and left already because his connection is abysmal.

Yeah. I was confused about that during the alpha. But it is pretty simple to find that info now on Bungie.net with the FAQ, in case people didn't know that was there.

Didn't take long for me to get back to my Warlock's Alpha status.  :) Devil's Lair seemed to give out more equipment/engrams than usual from Alpha and Peter's voice is also much improved in the story with the machine overlay. The two new PvP maps were okay, nothing special.  :???:

Well so far there is no personality at all, just your generic sci-fi characters and there is no variety in the missions at all. The Ghost is just a hyper serious Dinklage with zero personality, Claptrap was way better.   Graphics are pretty and the game is sold but nothing to gush over about really.

people said level five is when you can play mp stuff and watch someone on twitch they level six and that planet shows up im level five and it does not i guess it's six then

Like stated above PVP is unlocked at a level 5 quest in town. 

I got bored. I was more interested in the PVE but upon grinding up I realized that I was playing a beta and they capped the level at 8. You can still grind for skills and weapons but that's a bore after a bit. I could see the PVE aspect being fun with friends for a while but it feels a bit lacking on the replay value on the first 6 stages. Although I did find some hidden bosses at special locations. 

Have:

PS4 Destiny Beta Codes

Want:

Virtually (no pun intended) any digital item for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, 3DS, Disney Movie Rewards Points, Ultraviolet Movie Codes, Steam Codes, anything else that comes to mind.

Got my codes. Noticed that the PSN download is only 187 mb so that probably means the rest of the download is from Bungie's (hopefully faster) servers
You sure? It was 179mb for me and couple of Google searches confirms it. Stop making me paranoid!!! lol

Gave up after I saw it took me over 30mins to DL just half a gig...wtf?! Hopefully the servers will be less congested 2morrow.

Did all of the story missions, there's like only 4 of them and then you get the same Devil Lair's strike that was in the alpha and the crucible. The graphics do look really good but then in some spots it doesnt look that good, so i dunno. I woulda rather have it 900p and 60 fps 1080/30.  It's pretty much just HaloLands

I dunno how I feel about it just yet. Like others have said, the game is pretty. I'm almost level 5 and the missions so far have been pretty weak to me. You travel to the same places, just different objectives. Will have to see how the MP feels tomorrow.

bread's done
Back