Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

This game is meant to played with friends, I had to go solo since my buddy is still installing and it wasn't that fun alone. I think I made it to level 4 before I went back to playing puppeteer lol

I always play these type of games by myself and I have fun no matter what. I played Borderlands 1 and 2 by myself and had a lot of fun. I did play with a buddy in Destiny but still felt boring and repetitive 

This game is meant to played with friends, I had to go solo since my buddy is still installing and it wasn't that fun alone.
Agreed, its fun going into Strikes and Crucible matches with friends. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Did 1 Crucible at level 5 and got whooped by better Halo players with better gear + higher level. Oh well.

The strikes are fun. Couldn't finish it the first time we tried at 6 with a pug, but came back at 7 with another pug and beat it fairly easily. I just hide in a corner picking everything off while the other two die and wait for the 30 second respawn rofl.

Beta is short. Kinda bummed the max level cap seems to be 20. Game is definitely fun, but I'm not sure about its longevity. To be honest I'd rather have it be finite so I can go play other games this holiday season. Come back when the expansion packs are released or something.

Lore/story is horrible. All the VO is mediocre at best, and Dinklage.... is horrible in this.

Did 1 Crucible at level 5 and got whooped by better Halo players with better gear + higher level. Oh well.
There are no level advantages in Crucible and gear only gains minor bonuses (basically only upgrades like +More ammo per clip and such). Unless they fixed the gear upgrades that don't increase damage since Alpha, not counting ammo types. Would need to test.

Ugh, the beta took forever for me to download (FiOS/wifi). I started around 4pm est and it was only at 90% when I last checked at 10pm. I just left it on overnight. I was too afraid to shut down and restart it while it was downloading but it sounds like that helped some people. Oh well, hopefully I will get to check it out tonight.

Also, I have a few extra beta codes if anyone still needs. Send a PM.

I'm loving it. Did all the story missions solo and then with others and a couple games in crucible.

Played the Alpha and loved every second of it, so I've been anticipating the Beta test for a while, and I think that what they're giving us access to now really shows the full scope of the game and story from what I've played so far.

In my eyes, Bungie can do no wrong. They are masters of story and gameplay crafting.

Anyone having issues with their PS4 beta code? The one that Amazon sent me is 9 characters and the PSN says that it needs 12, soo...

Edit: Never mind... I didn't read the instructions. I had to actually get them off of Bungie's site.

I played with randoms twice on strike. :???:  First match was terrible since I got the medic badge three times while fighting the Spider Tank. Second match was much more smooth since one of the players had Alpha experience. I think I have finished my community service.  :razz:

Bungie will be adding ‘The Iron Banner’ to the Destiny beta, starts July 19th at 2pm PDT and lasts for two hours. 

Welcome to The Iron Banner. Lord Shaxx isn’t the only legendary Guardian tasked with hammering you into fighting shape. When the time comes, new doors will open in the Tower. The Iron Banner crest will be set alight, and Lord Saladin will emerge with new challenges to overcome, and a new way to earn honor and glory for your Guardian.

The Crucible proper is all about putting your skills to the test. Iron Banner requires another crucial element: Power.

Lars Bakken knows a thing or two about competitive play: “Bring your absolute best gear because we turn on Level Advantages. That means your Attack and Defense ratings matters in Iron Banner matches.”

We’re not just giving you new ways to play. We’re expanding on the arenas where you’ll fight. “Two maps get added into the new playlist,” says Lars. “The fan favorite Rusted Lands returns from the Alpha, and we take you to Mars for the first time ever with Blind Watch. Iron Banner is the ONLY way to see these maps in the Beta.”

New maps are not the only reward for your bravery in this new competitive construct. According to Designer Leif Johansen, “Iron Banner has limited time rewards, so show up with your ‘A’ game. Losing a match may make the difference between getting that bad ass Assault Rifle or not.”

Lord Saladin will be waiting. Before you enter his domain, heed this final warning from Lars: “Get ready to kick ass. You will be tested here unlike anywhere else in the Beta.”

The Iron Banner begins on Saturday, July 19th at 2pm PDT. It will remain open for two hours. Every Guardian will receive a message when the Tower doors that lead to Lord Saladin open for the first time. Every Guardian will need to be ready.

vgrbye.jpg

You destiny people, I have two PS4 codes waiting for a home.  PM me for a code.  I just got back from a business trip and it's just taking forever to download Destiny Beta.  2 hours in only 1/2 the game is downloaded.

Well, Iron Banner should be interesting. I have 60 Discipline that gives me 100% faster grenade cooldown and a helm that gives faster melee. Should make things interesting. Wish the beta had intellect gear like the alpha, oh well.

EDIT: And I've apparently hit the invisible beta wall with regards to leveling my sub-class. No longer gaining experience in it.

[customspoiler=Current Subclass Max in Beta]
subclass-beta-max.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Yup... Sony just sent me two beta codes after I pre-ordered the thing from Amazon. Have at thee!

Voucher Code for PS4: 6J37-M5NL-KEC3 

Voucher Code for PS3: 3533-K3NM-Q99E 

I got to level 5 so far. The single player experience feels a lot like halo, which isnt surprising. I did see some random people fighting in the same area as i was. Not sure why, or if it effects my campaign in any way beside helping me get through areas. Feels a little repetitive when i see i keep going back in the same areas, but go to different locations. Like they put me back where i start over and over and i just go to different locations.

Is there anyway to change my characters appearance? I picked some hair and hit a button to go thinking there was more to it and go back to change my hair later, but it went straight to the game.

also got the codes from sony plz post when they are used so people know 

Voucher Code for PS4: 3DJP-EFNH-QJT8 
Voucher Code for PS3: 54T3-A3NE-C4DA 

I got to level 5 so far. The single player experience feels a lot like halo, which isnt surprising. I did see some random people fighting in the same area as i was. Not sure why, or if it effects my campaign in any way beside helping me get through areas. Feels a little repetitive when i see i keep going back in the same areas, but go to different locations. Like they put me back where i start over and over and i just go to different locations.

Is there anyway to change my characters appearance? I picked some hair and hit a button to go thinking there was more to it and go back to change my hair later, but it went straight to the game.
yeah that's the thing that annoys me seems like it's same locations just diff objectives. For me single player feels alot like borderlands and mp is 100 percent resking of halo which is what i hate about it. Heck mp even has the same kind of score board's as bungie's halo's.

More and more i play this game more and more it's turning into a gamefly rentel when it comes out unless i can get some gamestop credit to pay for it i don't expect buying it.

Iron Banner event is live. Level advantages enabled. My fire-team completely dominated our first match on Mars. 20K-5.4K   :)

Scout rifle does it better with headshots. Got a legendary ship and an assault rifle. I'm assuming they are going to let us be level 20 later on.  :whistle2:k

How the heck do you unlock the moon level? Also, dont even bother playing the crucible until you get some good gear/weapons, I've been getting my ass handed to me lol

How the heck do you unlock the moon level? Also, dont even bother playing the crucible until you get some good gear/weapons, I've been getting my ass handed to me lol
Gear attack and defense don't matter in Crucible (Not counting the Iron Banner, which IS based on your equipment) because it gives everybody a set value not determined by equipment. However green/blue item bonuses you unlock on equipment will carry over. So things like faster reload, faster melee, etc.

As for unlocking the Moon level, you can't right now. They may or may not unlock it as the beta progresses.

Also, Bungie has confirmed that level 8 will be the max for the entirety of Beta in the Iron Banner stream.

Also, Bungie has confirmed that level 8 will be the max for the entirety of Beta in the Iron Banner stream.
Ugh, thats terrible. I guess I should ditch my level 10 fusion rifle.

Its just there to tease you.
Ah okay, I guess the other crucible game modes are for show only also, that sucks. I kinda wish they would've added a couple of new things for the beta.

PS4 beta code.

6MC7-6DN3-J57?

? = First letter of the first name of the Ghost's voice actor. (He's in Game of Thrones)

Im at level 7 with my Warlock. Beat all the stages and played some MP, but honestly im bored with the beta. Maybe i just played too much today, tomorrow might bring me back to it. I think i would like the MP better if it was straight up TDM. I am not a fan of MP modes where you have to capture territories. I mean i LOVE Gears of War but i never play annex/koth. I made a hunter, and played through the first level but after that i just quit. I dont even know if these classes are that much different to matter much. But i didnt feel like playing the same levels over to find out.

I think ill still get the game though. Seems like a game that will keep me coming back to play the MP and get better gear. Im sure the campaign will get better, and playing on the hardest difficulty would provide a tough challenge.

If you get to level 8 in 1-2 days... then what's do you guys think the max level cap will be when the game is released?

If you get to level 8 in 1-2 days... then what's do you guys think the max level cap will be when the game is released?
I believe they've already revealed it to be 20 at release... But I think the xp will be reworked, or it will take a lot more to advance later on. Many mmo's are like this, they give you easy levels at first to get the basic skills then turn it into more of a grindfest later on.

This game is so much fun. I am by no means a pro at FPS but I'm average and I'm online almost every night for an hour or two. If anyone wants to team up for some Crucible PVP then by all means add me on PSN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0bEJeM7SHs

I also have a couple spare beta codes if anyone is in the cold looking into this super fun shooter.

I believe they've already revealed it to be 20 at release... But I think the xp will be reworked, or it will take a lot more to advance later on. Many mmo's are like this, they give you easy levels at first to get the basic skills then turn it into more of a grindfest later on.
That's good because I did single player first and after only a few hours of fooling around I was level 5 and over leveled for the rest of the missions I've went on. I wasn't even grinding...

I started a new character, Hunter, this time a male "robot" species. I was disappointed his voice wasnt robotic though lol. So not as bored as i first thought. I maxed my first character so i thought why not.

bread's done
Back