Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Listening to the bombcast talk about their raid experience, pretty entertaining.  They make some valid points of criticism, but I still love this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish thats pst. Would have signed up. I stary playing 9pst.
I have a second character, so will probably do another raid run this weekend. Sometimes it takes more time to get a group together for the raid than completing the raid :)

Ugh, teribble drops this week...

Nightfall - Ass shards
Raid (normal) - Vision of Confluence, Hawkmoon (already had), ass shards + energy, shader

I hope Xur has something good stuff on Friday. Warock Helm or Gjallahorn pls!
Does everyone get Hawkmoon on playstation free? How? I'm on PS3 and never gotten through any means, or does playstation exclusive means its in the game somewhere?

Ugh. Last night felt like such a waste.

Did a few bounties, the daily mission and helped a buddy with the Weekly at lvl 22. But I failed soloing the Weekly at lvl 28.

Those stealth Vandals did me in every time :bomb: . Even when I thought I cleared them all out, another would pop up and one-hit kill me.

Also really cheap that they're able to magically teleport onto the catwalk at the back of the room.

The 360 thread has a good strategy for this but don't know that I want to bother trying solo again.

Add me if you want to tackle the Weekly tonight. I'm on PS3

I like their take on it:

Our Take
Bungie sure is good at acknowledging Destiny's shortcomings without actually doing anything to really fix them.

At least I'm still having fun... until Bungie patches that out too ;)

Does everyone get Hawkmoon on playstation free? How? I'm on PS3 and never gotten through any means, or does playstation exclusive means its in the game somewhere?
Thought the PS exclusives were limited to PS4 only

PS4 RAID!!

I have a checkpoint right before the final boss on VERY HARD Level 30.  Looking for a few others to help finish it tonight.  We are trying to use the glitch to push Atheon off the edge.  If you are familiar with this please send me a friend request so we can knock this out and get some rewards!!!

PSN - KobeLake24

I'll be on from 8pm est-whenever tonight along with my good buddy MattYoung

PS4 RAID!!

I have a checkpoint right before the final boss on VERY HARD Level 30. Looking for a few others to help finish it tonight. We are trying to use the glitch to push Atheon off the edge. If you are familiar with this please send me a friend request so we can knock this out and get some rewards!!!

PSN - KobeLake24

Will a lvl28 hunter newbie work? Havent done raids yet though. Just been level up the last couple of weeks. Oh and i think i have you in my list already

Will a lvl28 hunter newbie work? Havent done raids yet though. Just been level up the last couple of weeks. Oh and i think i have you in my list already
yep you do. Level 28 will be good, we just need atleast two people who know how to get Atheon off the edge. I'll send you a message when I get on tonight.

PS4 RAID!!

I have a checkpoint right before the final boss on VERY HARD Level 30. Looking for a few others to help finish it tonight. We are trying to use the glitch to push Atheon off the edge. If you are familiar with this please send me a friend request so we can knock this out and get some rewards!!!

PSN - KobeLake24

AHH I really wish you were on X1 haha

They are exclusive items only obtainable on PS3 or PS4. You still have to get them to drop.

I got both of my Hawkmoon's from the normal raid but others have gotten it from Nightfall, crucible, strike playlist, etc.

Looking for a few more people to do a fullclear normal raid tonight @ 10PM EDT. Should take an hour or less. 27+ please. (PS4)
If ever kobe's finish early, can i join the normal raid too? Newbie though but really willibg to learn. Psn id: craizieboi888

LV 28 (almost 29) Warlock looking for a Glass group that meets around 10pm PST. I have a group that I've been taking but minus three of us (myself included) they are really bad. Terrible. People that should not raid. That said, they are friends. Friends that are terrible at listening and following directions.

Anyway, I'm tired of not having VoG as a notch on my bedpost, and I want it as a weekly notch. I understand everything from the raid, minus some experience on the absolute last phase of the last boss (but I've watched it on YouTube). I just need a group that is capable. I don't have a whole lot of PSN friends because I went x360 as my primary last gen and switched.

Send me a PM if you have a group that meets around 10pm PST and would like another. Thanks!

I'll be hitting the raid up around 11 on Thursday night if anyone is interested. If I can't find a group here/my friends I'll be using destinylfg.net

I'm going be participating in my first ever raid tonite. Can any of you seasoned vets give me any advice beforehand? Thanks in advance.
Don't die.

Serious, though. Or at least, try not to die often. 30+ seconds of one or two people being down, plus the effort and risk it takes to get to you to revive you can cripple a team. Other than whatever your specific assigned role is, staying alive should probably be your #1 priority (and maybe even more important than your assigned role, since you'll usually have at least one other person helping you with that role, too).

Other than that, ask questions, assuming that there are more experienced people on the team (and that you have a mic). Void damage is also useful, for the various minotaur/praetorian types.

Weapons with sustained damage (eg. auto-rifles with large clips) are probably more useful than burst damage (unless you're helping to kill that minotaur on the boss fight), since most of the mobs/bosses have pretty large hit-boxes and lots of hp.

I feel like an idiot. I was trying to do the fusion rifle spree bounty, but I didn't know you had to get 3 kills without reloading to get the medal. I got all the way up to 14 kills on one life thinking the bounty was glitched or something before I looked it up.

LV 28 (almost 29) Warlock looking for a Glass group that meets around 10pm PST. I have a group that I've been taking but minus three of us (myself included) they are really bad. Terrible. People that should not raid. That said, they are friends. Friends that are terrible at listening and following directions.

Anyway, I'm tired of not having VoG as a notch on my bedpost, and I want it as a weekly notch. I understand everything from the raid, minus some experience on the absolute last phase of the last boss (but I've watched it on YouTube). I just need a group that is capable. I don't have a whole lot of PSN friends because I went x360 as my primary last gen and switched.

Send me a PM if you have a group that meets around 10pm PST and would like another. Thanks!
and

I'll be hitting the raid up around 11 on Thursday night if anyone is interested. If I can't find a group here/my friends I'll be using destinylfg.net
PM sent.

Let's see if we can get the PS3 CAGs to unite

OMG just solo'ed the night fall and got the shytest 1 mag rocket launcher with tracking and fast reload, I have blues like that can hold 3. If I do it again do I get more rewards? or is it once  a week thing?

Great day today. Did 2 nightfalls (thanks prinny and deu) and was able to solo a weekly. Now all 3 char are done with them this week. I still have to get into a raid. Hate it that most of you guys are est. I cant join you guys. I finally got an exotic bounty that doeant requirwme crucible (i think). I chose supergoodadvice over pocket infinity since o already have my trustee ice breaker. Obly thing i hate is that both of them uses solar damage.

I joined an Atheon group this morning and got Vex Mythoclast, Warlock helm and Timesplitter. Crazy luck!
I would fucking die if that happened to me. Those are literally the only three things I really want right now and then my character will be just as I want him. Congrats ya lucky poop hahah

I did however score some decent stuff last night with my raids.

Scored Vision of Confluence which I really wanted now that the Scout Rifles are useful haha. I also got ANOTHER piece of Raid Chest gear, but this one boosts Scout Rifle Ammo whereas my current one boosts Auto Rifle so I will level this new one up to have as an alternate depending on which weapon I am using. (I have 50+ Ascendant Shards so I dont mind using some up haha) I also scored Hard Light too which isnt anything I really wanted but I am glad to have it! And then I got the Dead Orbit Heavy Machine Gun from my alt's Nightfall.

We tried Hard mode again last night with my 2x 30 friends and the rest of us were 29 and that freaking Conflux defense part before the Templar is just so freaking ridiculous. We need at least one more of us to hit 30 I feel like before we can run it successfully.

I would fucking die if that happened to me. Those are literally the only three things I really want right now and then my character will be just as I want him. Congrats ya lucky poop hahah
Yeah, I was shocked. Those are the only drops I was looking for from the hard raid and couldn't believe they all came from one boss. I guess it's the RNG making up for all of the crappy raidd runs. I still need the boots to be able to hit 30.

We tried Hard mode again last night with my 2x 30 friends and the rest of us were 29 and that freaking Conflux defense part before the Templar is just so freaking ridiculous. We need at least one more of us to hit 30 I feel like before we can run it successfully.
My group was stuck on that part list night too. We are all 29 and had one 30 who subbed in. It is a bitch but I think we can do it with all of our regulars. We are just starting to do hard as a regular group so I'm sure just like the normal raid it will take some getting used to.

Here is a good strat for conflux/oracles/templar:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UNxe1Ewj9z8

Yeah, I was shocked. Those are the only drops I was looking for from the hard raid and couldn't believe they all came from one boss. I guess it's the RNG making up for all of the crappy raidd runs. I still need the boots to be able to hit 30.

My group was stuck on that part list night too. We are all 29 and had one 30 who subbed in. It is a bitch but I think we can do it with all of our regulars. We are just starting to do hard as a regular group so I'm sure just like the normal raid it will take some getting used to.

Here is a good strat for conflux/oracles/templar:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UNxe1Ewj9z8
Yeah I feel like we just need more practice.

That video is decent but doesnt really help me seeing as we are still just stuck on the conflux defense haha

When I did it on hard my group would always go hide at the first pillar that you would jump on to get to the cheese spot for templar whenever he would summon the legions then run back when that was over.  Then for the oracles one person would hide down near the templar and the rest of us were at the spawn sniping.

I've pretty much done all I can do for the week on my 29 hunters only have a 25 Titan left but too low to do most of the good stuff unless someone wants to carry me haha

OMG just solo'ed the night fall and got the shytest 1 mag rocket launcher with tracking and fast reload, I have blues like that can hold 3. If I do it again do I get more rewards? or is it once a week thing?
It's funny because I solo'd it and got the Universal Remote shotgun.

I got the sparrow from the raid last night, having a great time just riding around the world and doing tricks with it.

I did the raid last night with my titan and got an Icebreaker, which is kind of disappointing because i have 0 raid gear for my titan, not even a raid class hip towel. But i do love this gun so having a second is not a bad thing. Now i dont have to keep putting one in the vault to give to my other characters. I also got another Vision of Confluence. My hunter is 27 right now, so i may be able to go through the raid 3 times a week now. Im working on buying a legendary chest to get my hunter to 28.

If anyone has a hard save at atheon and knows how to cheese it, or even if they dont, i would be up for beating him on hard. With the icebreaker it should be a bit easier. I can use my 29 warlock if we have to do it legit. I really want the trophy to beat the raid on hard.

If anyone has a hard save at atheon and knows how to cheese it, or even if they dont, i would be up for beating him on hard. With the icebreaker it should be a bit easier. I can use my 29 warlock if we have to do it legit. I really want the trophy to beat the raid on hard.
Yeah I'd be down for that as well. I can either run my 28 Titan or my 29 Warlock but I too want that trophy.

Incredible raid run last night, was almost perfect.

I'm game to do it legit in hard mode if we can get a few level 30s.  I'll sacrifice some shards and push my titan up to 29 for that.  But I'm not against cheesing Atheon either.

Just got my Sunslinger to 28 and down for a raid any level, any save

-PSN: nixmahn

-PS3 w/ mic

-after 7pm eastern

-noob to raids, been watching videos of it

Took me many attempts to solo Atheon on Hard. Damn my accidental deaths. No mythoclast. Only timebreaker

After soloing the night fall and getting a crappy legendary worse than blues, I got my 2nd Ice breaker after doing middle in the cruicible.
I did nightfall last night and ended up with 8 strange coins. My teammate got 9 strange coins. Im up to 40+ coins now. Hopefully xur will bring an awesome primary this weekend or i might have to buy a new set of armors. Hehe

I did nightfall last night and ended up with 8 strange coins. My teammate got 9 strange coins. Im up to 40+ coins now. Hopefully xur will bring an awesome primary this weekend or i might have to buy a new set of armors. Hehe
All I really want right now is my damn Raid helmet so I am not sure what I would want from him. I suppose if he has another Warlock Helm I will buy that in the off chance next week I get the raid gloves and still no helmet. That way I can still hit 30.

I already have Suros and Hard Light and then Ice Breaker. Nothing really in terms of weapons that I am itching for. BUT if history proves anything since I just got Hard Light, he will be selling Hard Light.

All I really want right now is my damn Raid helmet so I am not sure what I would want from him. I suppose if he has another Warlock Helm I will buy that in the off chance next week I get the raid gloves and still no helmet. That way I can still hit 30.
You may already know this, but the raid helmets can only drop from hard difficulty, it seems.

You could always get the sparrow upgrade, assuming you don't have the raid sparrow yet. That's might be what I'll be spending my coins on. More speed + durability...plus it makes your boost all purdy.

Did half of the raid last night but stopped after a couple tries at the portals in the Atheon area.

Gonna try to finish it tonight. If that falls thru, then I'm gonna try to get as many coins & motes for Xur date night. Here's hoping for good things :pray:

And it was only my 2nd crack at the raid but it made much more sense this time around. At least I felt like more than a gun with a pair of hands :lol: .

Just curious, the lead of our group seemed to always know where the oracles were spawning. Is there a set pattern/order to where they spawn???

Oh and still gotta do Nightfall & Weekly if any CAGs wanna join up.

I should have clarified that I have the PS4 version. Are the PS3 and PS4 versions on the same servers?
D'oh! So much for that...

They're on separate servers. Bungie really should let PvE be cross-play between the two

bread's done
Back