Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

So i did 2 weekly and a nightfall last night. Thanks for the help. Still bummed i havent raided yet. Will be doing a weekly and hopefully a nightfall again 2nyt for my other char.

Well did the nightfall with both characters this week and the weekly too just with one so now I can afford stuff from Xur. I got an exotic pistol, the golden one that spins when you pull it out....pretty neat and reloads fast for a gun 

This week i got warlock and titan raid helmets. Also got the Vex Mythoclass. Couple ships and speeders. Went through the raid on normal with my warlock and got the chest piece i needed. Though the hard raid didnt give me much. I only need warlock boots to be able to reach level 30.

Still want to go through the raid on normal with my titan and hunter if anyone is looking for people. I just ask to play with people who know how things work, and they know what to do. When you get people who know what to do it can go really smooth.

I cheesed atheon three times today. Im getting pretty good at it. Too bad they are patching it soon. If anyone has a checkpoint at atheon on hard and needs help i dont mind jumping in and giving it a go. As long as its just 2 people, and i am not busy doing something else. But at this point all i will be doing is probably the raid or bounties to level up my gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a checkpoint for atheon on hard? And know how to cheese him? I want to do the raid but I'm shitty at this game so I doubt I'll be able to complete it :( 

Hey guys. Can I join to the CAG Clan in Destiny? I'm only played some hours with the game but it would be fun if I can play with some people. My PSN ID: UglyDwarf. 

Does anyone have a checkpoint for atheon on hard? And know how to cheese him? I want to do the raid but I'm shitty at this game so I doubt I'll be able to complete it :(
Im pretty sure i still have a save with my titan and can help you. Just let me know what your psn id is. Pretty sure you have to be level 27 to even get in the hard raid.

Hey guys. Can I join to the CAG Clan in Destiny? I'm only played some hours with the game but it would be fun if I can play with some people. My PSN ID: UglyDwarf.
I dont think they are accepting people these days.

Hello all.  Glad I found this thread.  I'm looking for folks to do Weekly Nightfall and VoG runs with (LVL 28 Hunter).  Please add me on PSN: wykeddragon1216.  Thanks!  My wife and I have a one month old baby girl so I'm mostly on when she sleeps (10PM-2AM EST).  

Got monte carlo for soloing nightfall. Finally something thats not ascendant materials or strange coins. :lol:
I wonder if RNGesus favors more your odds when soloing. I did the nightfall with 2 different groups and man, having someone carry only Arc weapons made a huge difference...that and communication

Finished a couple of exotic bounties; Bad Juju and Invective. Have a 3rd for Thorn but might scrap it just because I keep reading that it's not that good of a weapon, let alone a hand cannon.

And can't believe it's date night already. Have 20 coins ready to go plus the opportunity to get another 12 before the reset. But I'm short again on motes. Looks like I'll be in Vanguard Tiger most of the night (sigh).

You can join the group-side but the clan-side needs approval. None of us have that power & those that do aren't currently into Destiny.

I wonder if RNGesus favors more your odds when soloing. I did the nightfall with 2 different groups and man, having someone carry only Arc weapons made a huge difference...that and communication
Someone needs to show RNGeezy the meaning of a "sock full of quarters" :boxing: (you know he and the Cryptarch are cousins)

...I think I hate this game and am giving it up until the DLC. Even then I am seriously considering trading it in even with 150 hours logged.

I have 3 level 29 characters. Warlock, Titan, and Hunter. I have done the raid on hard the last two weeks and on normal for the last month on almost all of these characters. They have been stuck at 29 for a month.

Everything with the RNG system is so broke with this game it is infuriating.

It's like a relationship. It was good for a while, had some good times, but it's ending badly and leaving a sour taste. I would say 150 hours is money well spent, but it wasn't quality time.

Just completed the hard mode raid on my 3 characters and it induced rage. Got my third Hard Light, 4th Time Breaker, 3rd Aspect of Glass, etc. But you know, still stuck at 2 warlock raid boots, 2 warlock raid helmets, 1 hunter raid boot, and 1 titan raid boots.

Then I see someone get a mythoclast, helmet, ship, and time breaker in one Atheon drop. Of course, they sat at the back while I cheesed it.

Then Bungie wants to patch the cheese, which is the only thing keeping this game even remotely entertaining.

Thanks for listening to the rant guys. I'm sorry. This needed to be voiced and I could go on, but I will remove myself.

I wish I could take every moment I played of this absolute shit game back and play an actual quality game.

:(

*hands shake, eyes bleed*

RNGesus doom me to hell and master rahool can eat a dick.
RNGesus is punishing you for cheesing Atheon.

Did the raid today with my Titan and got raid gauntlets. Now the only thing my titan and warlock are missing are raid boots to get to 30. -_-

Still want to go through the raid with my hunter if anyone is interested in that. Im on most nights, so if we could set something up that would be cool.

God the raid is hard. Tried with a few mates and we couldnt do it :(

How long does it take to cheese him?
Depends, sometimes i can do it in 1-2 tries, sometimes it takes 15-30 minutes. Just depends on where he goes. I sent a friend request but im done for tonight. I can try to cheese him for you if its just us 2, or 3 max.

Xur is in the Tower! Down below, next to the 3 vanguards

Titans-Armamentarium

Hunters-Crest of Alpha Lupi

Warlocks-Voidfang Vestments

Exotic Weapon-Suros Regime :bouncy:

I SOOO want Suros... I hope I find someone to run the weekly on lvl 28.  Want those coins as fast as possible.

If I'm lucky, I'll get together enough to buy both Suros and another Armamentarium

facepalm.gif

Finally got suros. Also bought crest for my hunter and engram which turned out to be sunbreakers! Smh! I already have that. Tsk

I need that Suros! Thought I had enough strange coins but I only have 21 :( Already ran the weekly strike once but need someone to run it with me on level 26. Only in NZ though so lag would be fkn annoying 

Happy xurday everyone haha. I picked up the hunter armor, suros, and tried my luck with the engram and got young ahamkaras spine which is the last hunter exotic i needed

Got the Suros and an engram resulting in a Young Ahamkaras Spine for my hunter...hoping to get a few more coins scraped up to snag the hunter chest piece too.

Thanks to 7th for inviting me to raid last night. Had a good time. Raid isnt that hard if you have people at the proper level and at least a few of them know where to go and what to do so they can instruct the new people. You also have to be able to follow directions.

I died the most on the jumping part but now I think I could make it first try. Everyone watched me plummet to my death for like 10 minutes. I went in the portal on accident a few times when people died and I didnt even fuck it up. At one point I had to pick up the relic to keep us from wiping but I immediatly dropped it once someone else was ready to take it. Why is that thing so scary to hold? Probably because you dont get any practice using it before you are right in front of it.

We beat Atheon the old fashioned way and I ended up with raid hunter boots (yeaaauuussss) and the shader and materials. So now I look like a bad ass storm trooper with a sweet cape :)

Now I need to bust my butt trying to get more materials so I can get up to 29 and try it on hard...

Depends, sometimes i can do it in 1-2 tries, sometimes it takes 15-30 minutes. Just depends on where he goes. I sent a friend request but im done for tonight. I can try to cheese him for you if its just us 2, or 3 max.
Yup having a team with just 2-4 people that know how to do it make it go smooth and fast. Anything beyond that is just noise tbh

Xur is in the Tower! Down below, next to the 3 vanguards

Titans-Armamentarium

Hunters-Crest of Alpha Lupi

Exotic Weapon-Suros Regime :bouncy:

I SOOO want Suros... I hope I find someone to run the weekly on lvl 28. Want those coins as fast as possible.

If I'm lucky, I'll get together enough to buy both Suros and another Armamentarium
Lol I didn't get to buy the Armamentarium and now its back. 39 Coins in the pocket here we go :D/

Also, how's the Suros? I have the mythoclast and shadow price, don't know if I should drop some coins on it or just hold them and wait. I heard the nerf affected it, but how are people finding it?

Suros seems nearly identical to shadow price. Add to that having to unequip Ice Breaker and no thanks. Ill have 70 coins by next week lol

Snagged the Suros this morning for my hunter and got the Aetheons prologue last night as well. I am really happy right now. AP for PVE and Suros for PVP. I was getting bummed at the bad luck in raid loot until last night. I am working on my 1st alt now and may make my Titan my main if i like it more.  

Suros seems nearly identical to shadow price. Add to that having to unequip Ice Breaker and no thanks. Ill have 70 coins by next week lol
Shadow Price >>>> Suros. I'll take a slightly slower RoF with better impact over the high RoF/shit impact that Suros has every day of the week. Helps that my Shadow is the dropped version which is much better than the one you can buy.

EDIT: N/m. I was getting Suros confused there for a minute. Either way, I still say Shadow Price >>>> Suros.

Lol I didn't get to buy the Armamentarium and now its back. 39 Coins in the pocket here we go :D/

Also, how's the Suros? I have the mythoclast and shadow price, don't know if I should drop some coins on it or just hold them and wait. I heard the nerf affected it, but how are people finding it?
I probably wouldn't care too much if I already had Shadow Price since I'd prefer to keep Ice Breaker permanently equipped. But my main is Atheon's Epilogue and I find it lacking in PvE ever since the nerf. Not terrible; just wish it had better impact. I've tried using Hard Light but don't like it. So here I go trying for Suros Regime.

Funny thing is, I'm more of a scout rifle player. But some AR's in this game are really comfortable & have made me very lazy :lol: .

Did get a nice drop last night while grinding Tiger strikes, The Devil You Know. This all but guarantees I'm gonna drop the Thorn bounty.

And for Armamentarium, you're gonna fall in love with the 2nd 'nade. Got me to switch over to magnetic 'nades.

All the extra ammo perks are nice too. That's why I want another

Man, really wish Bungie would let us equip more than one exotic, at least in PvE anyway.

Honestly ive been collecting exotics hoping that one say bungie will let us equip more that one at a time. I think for the time being they didnt do it coz itll be like OP. But once expansions and increased level caps comes, i would think theyll make the move. (Hope so! Hehe)

I just picked up Suros Regime just because I like collecting these exotic weapons. So far I've collected all five current bounty exotics (Thorn, Bad JuJu, Invective, Pocket Infinity, and Super Good Advice), received some from drops (Ice Breaker, Patience and Time, Truth, and Thunderlord) and have bought just one so far (Suros Regime). With the one exotic equip limit I seem to rarely if ever use the Heavy exotics and primary rotate between the two exotic sniper rifles and Pocket Infinity the most.

My favorite might have to be the fully upgraded Ice Breaker as it makes soloing any strike pretty easy, although not in a timely manner. Pocket Infinity is my favorite for PvP. Once you upgrade to full auto mode and have the charge rate timing down it's a pretty dominating weapon. The one exotic I hated at first was the Bad JuJu but it's kind of fun to use once you get the String of Curses upgrade for instant reloads. Thorn and Invective look sleek but I'm not a fan of either. The Thorn's reload is slow and not very powerful for a hand cannon. The Invective's ammo regeneration is too slow and I don't like the low magazine size for a shotgun (only four? Boo). I'd run with the Thunderlord more often if I could equip two exotics, love the impact rate and overall good balanced stats on that machine gun.

Like others, I got my Shadow Price from an engram pretty early on and is one of the few weapons I've fully maxed out. I also tend to favor both the legendary Cryptic Dragon scout rifle and Super Pox VLO pulse rifle as alternates.

I feel like the only thing I have yet to really get into are the VoG Raids sadly. So if any fellow CAGs have open spots (for a current level 28 warlock) or need a little extra firepower I'm on most nights, usually late PM on the west coast. (PS4: Deuterium)

I feel like the only thing I have yet to really get into are the VoG Raids sadly. So if any fellow CAGs have open spots (for a current level 28 warlock) or need a little extra firepower I'm on most nights, usually late PM on the west coast. (PS4: Deuterium)
Sadly most of the peeps here have like their own raid groups and are in est or something. We should team up and try and make our lil group or something since you seemed like youre playing the same time as me in most nights. I have yet to finish 2 more nightfalls in my alternates. I usually do dailys for all my 3 char solo too. Sometimes i get to hoin some that are doing then late so thats a good rhing. but i seriously need to get constant teammate each night so itl be quicker.

^ are there NO westcoast CAGs on PS3???  Sometimes feels like I'm the only westcoaster on PS3

You guys are killing me :lol:

It may have been mentioned in the thread at some point, but for all of those looking for raid groups, destinylfg.com will find you one pretty quickly. Especially if you're a lvl 28+, you'll usually have someone messaging you within seconds of posting asking you to join their groups. And I've actually had quite good experience with random groups. I've probably done it like 6 times with randoms from that site, and all but 1 or 2 have went very smoothly.

It may have been mentioned in the thread at some point, but for all of those looking for raid groups, destinylfg.com will find you one pretty quickly. Especially if you're a lvl 28+, you'll usually have someone messaging you within seconds of posting asking you to join their groups. And I've actually had quite good experience with random groups. I've probably done it like 6 times with randoms from that site, and all but 1 or 2 have went very smoothly.
I have to check this out. Thanks

I want to do a normal raid with my hunter tonight if anyone is interested. That or if any one has a checkpoint at the gatekeeper boss fight let me grab that! The one right after the oracles.

bread's done
Back