Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

I'm not even as hardcore as most of the people here, but I agree with this completely: http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/15/7393695/destiny-dark-below-punishing-hardcore

The sheer time sink he's talking about to gather all of that currency, coins, etc. makes me just want to put the game down.
This guy fails to mention the positive aspects of it all. Honestly this article felt like it was just a whiny kid with a calculator.

He uses the MAXIMUM number of stuff needed for EVERYTHING to make the numbers seem staggering. Regardless the point of a game is to play it and have fun. I am having fun playing through and grinding again with friends and just hanging out gaming. I have a bunch in my head about this article actually but I am super swamped at work so I am limited to this little blurb at the moment.

Yeah, I'm just ticked that I only have 1 primary and 2 specials that go above 300 damage. There's no point in using/upgrading anything else. I think the whole thing with the Exotic's is a major clusterSHAQ and am sort of dragging my feet dealing with it in the hope that they will roll it back.

My buddy and I were just talking about the Ruin Wings and we were curious how effective that heavy ammo perk is. I will definitely level it up now then and see the effects. I assumed it wouldn't really be all that helpful but by the sounds of it, the drops are fairly consistent which is amazing!
Yeah, I wasn't impressed when I first read the perks on them. Thought "sure maybe one more heavy drop in an hour... pffft".

But then users were posting how crazy it was getting. So, I did the last-minute purchase... literally 1min before Xur disappeared.

Actually got a little intense since I ran out of Exotic shards to do the last upgrade, so I was scrambling thru toons to find that one piece to breakdown (eventually found Hunter gloves, cuz I doubt I'm making a hunter anytime soon). And right after that I bought Ruin Wings.

Just started leveling them last night.

Can't wait for Gjallahorn to get it's shot at 2.0 levels :mrgreen:

This guy fails to mention the positive aspects of it all. Honestly this article felt like it was just a whiny kid with a calculator.

He uses the MAXIMUM number of stuff needed for EVERYTHING to make the numbers seem staggering. Regardless the point of a game is to play it and have fun. I am having fun playing through and grinding again with friends and just hanging out gaming. I have a bunch in my head about this article actually but I am super swamped at work so I am limited to this little blurb at the moment.
I get where he's coming from.

There were a few days after the DLC drop where I was getting angrier and angrier logging into Destiny.

I'm sure some of the guys I played with noticed my disgust. Yet I kept coming back... guess they broke me... this time ;)

Did they add new hair to the game, or am i just forgetting about some? Ive seen a couple on awoken female that look different from what ive seen before. Anyone got a free space to check this out?

I don't think I have ever played a game where so many people complained so much and talked about how much the game sucked all while continuing to pour their time into it. The game has its flaws and I would certainly like to see some changes made. I even thought I might quit when they announced the new exotic upgrade system. Then I gave it a try, saw it wasn't as bad as I thought and that the game was still lots of fun for me. Fun is what it all comes down to as far as I am concerned. When it stops being fun I will stop playing. I just don't get the people who complain and say they dislike the game, but keep playing it anyway. I get that people are frustrated by certain decisions that Bungie made and understand them expressing these frustrations. I just think when it reaches the point that these frustrations make the game unenjoyable its time to move on.

I did the bridge solo this morning and got the chest piece.i will not be surprised to see this fixed within the next couple of weeks. I didn't even have to die and revive and it took 10 minutes. Not to shabby.

Honestly before the doc dropped I was pretty burnt out between hearing about the new changes and getting stuck with some terrible raid groups as of late.

Getting the ice breaker and seeing how the new upgrade system works though wasn't that bad though. Hit 31 this morning and am pumped to complete the Crota raid this week.

^ I was fine with the exotic upgrades.  But I didn't realize how much I was going to miss the VoG gear; weapons in particular.

It stings whenever I think how those won't be relevant for too much longer.

I just need a good dose of Crota drops to get over it. :whistle2:

Yeah I second the weapon upgrade ease. With just one telemetry and a solid day of playing after work Friday I had my Icebreaker maxed out before I went to bed. 

Barring unforeseen interruptions, I am available to do the weekly or the Vault of Glass from now until I have to stop playing around midnight or so Eastern time. Level 30 Titan. MattYoung730.

Havent played in 2 days. Got to play tonight and was able 2 do 2 nightfalls and 2 weeklies. Got truth and a void sniper. Got 2 of my char to 30 finally. did some glimmer grinding aswell. Hopefully xur have some titan helms on friday. Hopefully by the end of the week ill get one of my char to 31 and do the raid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Crota done on my titan and got the rocket launcher. Had him dead on my hunter just before the reset too, but the last hit didn't register and his shield went back up. Our sword carrier got killed before he realized what had happened because he thought Crota was dead. Still not a bad experience for the first week though.

Trying to decide what weapon load out I want to go with now. Ice Breaker and raid launcher or Gjallarhorn and Black Hammer. I might even go with Suros and use both raid weapons. I am going to have to experiment a bit once I get enough energy.

Opened the first chest of the raid with all 3 of my characters

Hunter - Red Death, 2 energy

Titan - 2 shards

Warlock - 2 Shards and my 2nd bone circlet.

Ill be available tonight for the raid if anyone wants to go for it.

Did a quick log-in this morning just to knock out a public event.  And then went to grab the 1st chest in the raid.

Came out with Dragon's Breath :D/

I just hope this doesn't count as my "fun" drop for the week.  I really want raid armor.

So I now have the 2 signature rocket launchers from the game.

As for last night, failed to beat Crota, but at least one of the guys had a cp for gatekeepers on another toon.  Gave me a chance to get some cheese for my 27 Warlock.  Came out with raid boots.

BTW, it's funny that I can get into the raid at 27, but my maxed weapons couldn't do ANY damage.  Headshots on thralls with my maxed Patience & Time  would come up IMMUNE.

The new raid has been better to my warlock than my titans though; getting exotic gauntlets and raid boots.  And my 'lock has only cheesed it where my titans have each battled they're way up to Crota and gotten shards (until the Dragon Breath drop this morning, that is).

Did a quick log-in this morning just to knock out a public event. And then went to grab the 1st chest in the raid.

Came out with Dragon's Breath :D/

I just hope this doesn't count as my "fun" drop for the week. I really want raid armor.

So I now have the 2 signature rocket launchers from the game.

As for last night, failed to beat Crota, but at least one of the guys had a cp for gatekeepers on another toon. Gave me a chance to get some cheese for my 27 Warlock. Came out with raid boots.

BTW, it's funny that I can get into the raid at 27, but my maxed weapons couldn't do ANY damage. Headshots on thralls with my maxed Patience & Time would come up IMMUNE.

The new raid has been better to my warlock than my titans; getting exotic gauntlets and raid boots. And my 'lock has only cheesed it where my titans have each battled they're way up to Crota and gotten shards (until the Dragon Breath drop this morning, that is).
Man and I am still packing 0 heat except my Ice Breaker and the Vex...seriously RNGesus must love ya.

Argh. I've opened the 1st Crota chest six times and everytime it's been either 2 energy or 2 shards.  :wall:

Congrats! At least some of you guys are more fortunate. I've still yet to snag a Gjallarhorn or Vex Mythoclast after all my time spent. RNGesus is starting to frustrate and wear me down. Especially since right after upgrading my Thunderlord to 2.0 the Crucible RNGesus decided I needed another one, SOB! That doesn't qualify as a 'fun' drop from my end, more like a bad practical joke. At least I can turn it into an exotic shard later though.

Man and I am still packing 0 heat except my Ice Breaker and the Vex...seriously RNGesus must love ya.
Doesn't usually feel like it on my end ;) .

Sometimes I think RNG gives me these things so others will ask me to join their group. Ya know, like the kid who gets invited to play basketball because he's the only one who has a basketball :lol:

Today I learned:

Dismantling a Pocket Infinity DOES NOT COUNT toward the "dismantle 10 blue or higher fusion rifles" in the Pocket Infinity bounty quest line... :wall:

The 7th Number said:
Opened the first chest of the raid with all 3 of my characters

Hunter - Red Death, 2 energy
Titan - 2 shards
Warlock - 2 Shards and my 2nd bone circlet.
Not a bad haul compared to me. I've opened it 5 times and gotten just the 2 shards/energy each time.

Also, second week rewards on Crota are crap. I finished it twice just after the reset and got just 2 shards one time, and 2 energy and the ship the second time. No weapons at all. Only 2 people (who had run it last week) got any weapons. At least they fixed the 15 x Chatterwhite problem from VoG. It seems the fix was simply to give you less stuff, though, instead of duplicates. They could at least up the shard count or something if that is all you get!

And apparently they patched it later in the day so that the helm can now drop from Normal. Figures it was after I ran it for the week.

My totals over 5 full runs:

- 1 piece of gear for each character (I have one of each class). I got Hunter and Titan gloves, and Warlock chest piece.
- The shader/emblem combo for each character on the first run
- Black Hammer, Song of Ir Yut, and Swordbreaker (on first run with each character)
- NO class items
- NO exotics
- Ship (on the second run with my Hunter)
- Shards/Energy

The ship, at least, is pretty cool. It looks like something off a 70's rock album cover.

So, I got Husk of the Pit off the Blade of Crota in the Fist of Crota mission while running it for bounties today. Chain killed thrall on the moon mission for a little while and got about 2/3s of the cannibalism done. From what I could tell every kill counts the same though it was hard to be sure. Looks like I will have to use the bounty glitch to hit rank 3 asap. I had seen some speculation that it only dropped off the blades and some that said it was just a super low drop rate off any hive. I still can't be sure, but anyone who is looking to get one may want to try running that mission just to kill the Blade over and over again. I'm pretty psyched up about getting it. It almost makes up for the 5 strange coins I got from my first Nightfall.

If anyone is curious you can see it on my titan's profile if you look at the primaries I am holding. Feel free to hop in if I am not doing anything important if you want to see it in action when I get back on later.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018428455352/2305843009234675410#gear

Finished my last two finals today. (Pretty positive I passed) so I am officially graduated from college. And now ready to play Destiny again since I had to take a week-long break for studies. Anyone for either of the raids tonight? I am only 29 and have only got as far as the bridge on Crota.

Well I managed to get an exotic from doing the chest trick on my alts...it was No Land Beyond. :whistle2:k
Gah!

I just want that, new Gjallarhorn and a Warlock Raid chest piece. Everything else I don't mind getting a long grind later but those three things... hahah I am jealous, once upgraded that gun in accurate quick hands is a BEAST.

Gah!

I just want that, new Gjallarhorn and a Warlock Raid chest piece. Everything else I don't mind getting a long grind later but those three things... hahah I am jealous, once upgraded that gun in accurate quick hands is a BEAST.
I got the Warlock chest piece and the gloves. That chest is mighty nice tbh, didn't even look at the stats, just the design. And I agree, I need a Ghorn or a Dragon's Breath cause I am packing 0 heat when it comes to Rockets unfortunately.

I will focus on doing the nightfall and weekly with the 2 remaining characters today so I am done with that.

I got the Warlock chest piece and the gloves. That chest is mighty nice tbh, didn't even look at the stats, just the design. And I agree, I need a Ghorn or a Dragon's Breath cause I am packing 0 heat when it comes to Rockets unfortunately.

I will focus on doing the nightfall and weekly with the 2 remaining characters today so I am done with that.
Nice! Yeah man that Warlock chest piece is freaking awesome looking. I already have the gloves and legs and Eris is already just about 200 points from Rank 3. If I can get the chest piece NEXT week then, I can instantly have a 32 from turning all of my energy into shards and presto!

alsooooooo

Have you guys seen the whole thing about the Husk of the Pit?

Last I had heard was that is was a glitch thing in the demo but after the last hotfix people are reportedly getting it in the full game now. I found this out by doing a strike and the matchmade teammate just started spamming my friend in the face with it. We switched to game chat and he explained he got it and was crazy stoked and has been just jumping into games to show it off. He said he heard you could get it by simply killing the summoned Sword of Crotas on the Cosmodrome and that was what he did and just randomly got it after farming a while.

My buddies and I went to the Cosmodrome of course then and just started murdering every Sword of Crota with no luck. I then looked it up before I turned my computer off for the night and found that his story totally checked out and that farming the very first part of the Fist of Crota mission that is now readily available to pick, is the fastest way to obtain this. It is a really crappy white gun at first but then we use the Embalming Orb (I think that was it) that you buy from Eris to transform it into a Legendary. Then the Crux of Crota is a Hard mode Crota drop that will allow you to transform that Legendary into the Exotic everyone has been lusting over!

Found this info here for those of you that are more visual!

http://planetdestiny.com/husk-of-the-pit/

Was invited to a group and tried two parts of the sCroata raid. One was a part with two witches then a third in a chamber after a while of that we switched to Croata himself. I being only level 30 could do basically jack shit against the level 32 enemies. I'll be back when I get up to 31...was fun even if we did not pass anything before I had to go to bed. Also I left my ice breaker in the tower snarf snarf...

A warlock in our group got the helm last night off Crota. That thing looks sick as hell!

I ended up with gloves, machine gun and black hammer from two characters. I really want that warlock raid chest as well.

I spent a good chunk of my morning farming the first dlc mission for the husk. Over 4 hours and no drop so far. Others have gotten it in much less so I just think my luck is really shitty. :(

Beat Crota 3 times and got the fusion rifle 3 times, sigh.  During one run half the fire team got the sniper.  Why does RNGesus hate me?

Beat Crota 3 times and got the fusion rifle 3 times, sigh. During one run half the fire team got the sniper. Why does RNGesus hate me?
Now now J you have no reason to be complaining when you have every single gun I want, and also after ditching me last night for our NF/Weekly run :shame:

Yeah I hve the crota shotgun twice now, hopefully I can finish all weeklies & NFs today and then get to finishing Crota with my Hunter and doing it all over again with my Titan.

Now now J you have no reason to be complaining when you have every single gun I want, and also after ditching me last night for our NF/Weekly run :shame:

Yeah I hve the crota shotgun twice now, hopefully I can finish all weeklies & NFs today and then get to finishing Crota with my Hunter and doing it all over again with my Titan.
Yeah I definitely want to finish beating Crota tonight and I'd be down for another run so I can actually use my Hunter this time. :p

Ha, sorry man. I'll help you out tonight.

Yeah I definitely want to finish beating Crota tonight and I'd be down for another run so I can actually use my Hunter this time. :p
Hunters seem to have all the fun in the new raid, makes me want to resurrect my hunter. I would be down to do another run if you need another, and maybe my Titan can have a go at the sword.

Oh man, what a stinker of a raid last night. Spent over an hour just trying to clear the intro section :wall: .

Seemed like the same fool kept activating the bridge plate before we were ready (as we were trying to revive teammates, etc). Another night that I don't beat Crota... :whistle2:(

Did grab the 1st chest for my other toons: got a butt rag for my titan and a new T-lord with my warlock (so dismantled my old T-lord).

At least I finished off the Weekly and NF on 1 toon... six strange coins for NF, real awesome :whistle2:|

BTW, how are you guys running titans thru the thrall section. I find it best to use No Backup Plans with Defender spike 'nades, but curious if Helm Saint-14 paired with a Striker pulse 'nades would be better.

Hunters seem to have all the fun in the new raid...
QFT. But I don't have time to manage 3 classes.

I'm barely able to maintain the 2 I've got.

aFrostyONE said:
BTW, how are you guys running titans thru the thrall section. I find it best to use No Backup Plans with Defender spike 'nades, but curious if Helm Saint-14 paired with a Striker pulse 'nades would be better.
A Defender Titan with Saint-14 is crucial IMO. When you are defending that plate, putting up that bubble with the confuse perk is very effective.

On the other hand, since you don't really need to defend the actual plate (just activate it), it seems another method to get through is to have a couple people activate and draw most of the attention and have some stragglers run in at the end and go over the bridge. That's how it worked for our CAG group yesterday.

it seems another method to get through is to have a couple people activate and draw most of the attention and have some stragglers run in at the end and go over the bridge. That's how it worked for our CAG group yesterday.
Oh, I've been in groups that have done that... only it wasn't by design. It was more of a Monty Python's Holy Grail "oh isht, this is scary... Run Away! Run Away!" sort of moment" :lol: .

Dudes left us to die, but they made it across and we got our rewards, so can't be too mad about that.

Hunters seem to have all the fun in the new raid, makes me want to resurrect my hunter. I would be down to do another run if you need another, and maybe my Titan can have a go at the sword.
Alright I'll let you know. Ideally, I want to finish beating Crota with my Warlock and do a fresh run with my Hunter. I know 7, Mars, Ignatia and myself are down for sure. I hope FF is at least willing to finish Crota. Not sure where Packers stands for either.

I am desperate to run through the Vault of Glass on normal to get shards to upgrade my armor and get to level 31. Also really need to do the weekly on level 30 for those coins and to progress in an exotic bounty.

Level 30 Titan, available to start Vault of Glass between 8-11 P.M. Eastern. Have to be offline by 12:30 EST at latest. PSN: MattYoung730

Finally started a second character...Anyone willing to help me power level it? Such a drag  so far when I am used to playing a Level 29 haha.

aFrostyONE said:
Oh, I've been in groups that have done that... only it wasn't by design. It was more of a Monty Python's Holy Grail "oh isht, this is scary... Run Away! Run Away!" sort of moment" :lol: .
Dudes left us to die, but they made it across and we got our rewards, so can't be too mad about that.
Oh, I by no means meant to imply that it was by design ;). In fact, I was dead from the beginning as I had just joined them. I fully expected a wipe but somehow a couple of them got through after the ones at the plate were killed. Easiest Raid checkpoint for me, though, as I was just a ghost at the beginning part while all of this went on!

So I got the Husk of the Pit. It dropped from a Swordbearer while I was patrolling the moon. Was pretty shocked/excited to see it. Already went and got the hive kills it needs to open up it's one node. (Woken the Hive of course) Now I just need to wait until I can get my Eris Rank to 3 and can buy the Embalming Orb.

Nice! I didn't know it existed til yesterday. Surprised I haven't come across it since I've killed a ton of sword bearers in patrol.
It was added in during the last hotfix. Prior to that it was only available in the demo, where it didn't have its proper animations yet.

Went to grab the chest on my Titan and Warlock. Materials, more materials and Patience & Time...no Ghorn or Dragon. Oh and crota won't go down it seems...that mofo is a big pain in the behind

mars009 said:
Went to grab the chest on my Titan and Warlock. Materials, more materials and Patience & Time...no Ghorn or Dragon. Oh and crota won't go down it seems...that mofo is a big pain in the behind
I've gotten that chest 6 times and 5 of the 6 times it was just mats. The 6th time I got the Titan mark. Pulling any exotic from there is a lucky draw.

So, every class can solo the beginning fairly easily with hunters having it especially easy. Same goes for the bridge with warlocks having the easiest time and now it has been discovered that if you can find someone with a wired connection Crota can be cheesed as well. Sad that the only part of the raid I haven't seen anyone find a cheese method for is the only part that does not give loot.

bread's done
Back