Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Sometimes you get in a bad group its just part of the deal. My worst one was where there was a loud mouth white guy calling everyone n words and yelling at people. He was the only person I could hear like the rest of the team was in a private chat session. I left pretty quickly after about the 3rd time I was the last guardian standing during the easy oracle gatekeeper part...

I haven't run into it on Destiny because I never do voice chat with randoms, but I often have been called the n-word on Xbox Live due to my deep voice. And look at me (avatar)! I'm the palest dude in southern California.

Sometimes you get in a bad group its just part of the deal. My worst one was where there was a loud mouth white guy calling everyone n words and yelling at people. He was the only person I could hear like the rest of the team was in a private chat session. I left pretty quickly after about the 3rd time I was the last guardian standing during the easy oracle gatekeeper part...
I think it's interesting that since they added the ability to hear randoms when you are in close proximity, I haven't heard a single person yet. I'm usually using Skype when I play with friends, since the in-game voice quality is garbage. Occasionally though, when I'm playing a strike with this one buddy of mine who prefer's in-game for some reason, we realize a few minutes in that the third player (with no mic) is at the mercy of our crazy talk and apologize. Then things get weird.

I haven't run into it on Destiny because I never do voice chat with randoms, but I often have been called the n-word on Xbox Live due to my deep voice. And look at me (avatar)! I'm the palest dude in southern California.
Wait that's you? I thought that was a pic of Daniel Bryan. :shock:

I don't think its a matter of anyone thinking I'm black, its just that they call everyone that. I guess they think its cool or funny. I have a few guys on my friends list I play with a lot that are black and talk like that and I got used to it. They mostly just bust on each other and crack me up. Sometimes when we are playing in a raid group one of the white guys will start saying the n word because they do. They don't ever say anything but I think its inappropriate. I was just raised not to use that word so its still shocking to hear it used so much. I'm not a current rap fan or anything like that so I guess I'm just not desensitized like some people. General cursing doesn't really bother me but people who never shut up are annoying.

I once played with a dude who ate chips and answered his cell phone on mic for the whole nightfall...

I don't think its a matter of anyone thinking I'm black, its just that they call everyone that. I guess they think its cool or funny. I have a few guys on my friends list I play with a lot that are black and talk like that and I got used to it. They mostly just bust on each other and crack me up. Sometimes when we are playing in a raid group one of the white guys will start saying the n word because they do. They don't ever say anything but I think its inappropriate. I was just raised not to use that word so its still shocking to hear it used so much. I'm not a current rap fan or anything like that so I guess I'm just not desensitized like some people. General cursing doesn't really bother me but people who never shut up are annoying.

I once played with a dude who ate chips and answered his cell phone on mic for the whole nightfall...
I think it's hilarious you play with Tman a lot considering he's on my FL from another forum that I'm positive you don't go to haha.

Haha yeah tman is super chill and in my time zone and also plays destiny what seems like 24/7. Its probably your fault because I was probably in a game with both of you at some point.

Now I'm curious what this other forum is...

also wasnt that hilarious that I joined a guy doing the daily and then you joined me and then it turned out he was doing it on the lowest level...whyyyyyy dude whyyyyyy

also wasnt that hilarious that I joined a guy doing the daily and then you joined me and then it turned out he was doing it on the lowest level...whyyyyyy dude whyyyyyy
I know man. I was like what the hell haha.

And the other forum is just a music forum. But yeah T is cool. I think you team up with him more than I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, ArJay- that's me from early this year. My hair is longer now.

Full disclosure for totallyjem: I can ramble at times since I'm bad at multitasking and have ADD. So on the small chance that I start doing that with you, please let me know before I get too annoying. ;-)

So close to level 3 with eris, these bounties today took me less than 10 minutes too, could have stayed up and did the double bounty trick. Oh well guess ill get there finally tomorrow.

Also did the VOG last night and i wanted fatebringer, which arjay ended up getting, and i got Gallerhorne which someone else wanted. LOL The raid loves to give the stuff that people want/need to the wrong people.

Not with the raid machine gun I have. :D/
Crap I forgot you got that and here I am telling my preference over machine guns :drool:

So close to level 3 with eris, these bounties today took me less than 10 minutes too, could have stayed up and did the double bounty trick. Oh well guess ill get there finally tomorrow.

Also did the VOG last night and i wanted fatebringer, which arjay ended up getting, and i got Gallerhorne which someone else wanted. LOL The raid loves to give the stuff that people want/need to the wrong people.
Well I'll be damned I wanted to do the VoG and not only did you guys run it, but RNGesus gave good stuff :wall:

Yeah, ArJay- that's me from early this year. My hair is longer now.
Well then you look a lot like Daniel Bryan haha.

I did the double bounty glitch this morning and I'm still gonna be short of hitting level 3 today. Stupid Hunter specific bounties.

Crap I forgot you got that and here I am telling my preference over machine guns :drool:
:D/

I get that a lot. Same height, too, and I used to date a girl named Brie! Haha. But that's neither here nor there.

I'll be on later trying to rank up in Iron Banner. Should be on around 5 P.M. Eastern if anyone cares to join.

Apparently the Crucible/Iron Banner loves to do the same thing with me lately. I received another Thunderlord drop for the 2nd time in the span of a week. An exotic, hooray, but the same one again? Ugh. :wall:

Has anyone else received one of those Optimus Prime colored ships from an Iron Banner drop? They're kind of flashy.

So i just soloed the first part of crota and got shards. Can i ask someone later tonight to help me transfer the bridge checkpoints to my lock and titan. Will be trying to solo tgat part too.

So i just soloed the first part of crota and got shards. Can i ask someone later tonight to help me transfer the bridge checkpoints to my lock and titan. Will be trying to solo tgat part too.
Wow great job! I tried to solo the first part before, even with my hunter, and i couldnt even get close. I know if i got to the end i would get crushed. If you see me online i will help transfer to your other characters, could even help you get past that part if you need a warlock.

I cant wait for tuesday to do the raid again. Im going to make sure i bring my fusion and rocket launcher that i got from the raid with each character so the game might give me something else.

Well I'll be damned I wanted to do the VoG and not only did you guys run it, but RNGesus gave good stuff :wall:
I wouldnt mind doing the raid again tonight. I only went through it with my hunter, so i can use my warlock for self revive if we can get a group together to try it on hard. Give me another shot at getting fatebringer.

Here is a video showing a super easy way to solo the beginning if you have not seen it yet. Makes it easily doable on any class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZXpe7ccFYo

Wow great job! I tried to solo the first part before, even with my hunter, and i couldnt even get close. I know if i got to the end i would get crushed. If you see me online i will help transfer to your other characters, could even help you get past that part if you need a warlock.

I cant wait for tuesday to do the raid again. Im going to make sure i bring my fusion and rocket launcher that i got from the raid with each character so the game might give me something else.

I wouldnt mind doing the raid again tonight. I only went through it with my hunter, so i can use my warlock for self revive if we can get a group together to try it on hard. Give me another shot at getting fatebringer.

Thanks i actually just followed video.
http://youtu.be/UaE1VqjzjEw
Took me couple of tries. I should have used invinsibility skill though. Would have been easier. Tsk! Hopefully ul be obline later. Dont think i can go online early tonight to catch most of u CST.

Thanks i actually just followed video.
http://youtu.be/UaE1VqjzjEw
Took me couple of tries. I should have used invinsibility skill though. Would have been easier. Tsk! Hopefully ul be obline later. Dont think i can go online early tonight to catch most of u CST.
I'll be on a bit later tonight and my Titan has the bridge checkpoint if anyone wants to join and get that save. I might also need to transfer that checkpoint to my lowly lvl 27 Hunter since I can't seem to get past the last bridge activation plate while running it solo.

Since I've reached rank 4 and now max at 5 in the Iron Bannner, within 3 hours of playing, I've gotten a Last Word and 2 of the legendary fusions.

I have gotten much better at camp sniping and routenly got 20, kills and assists with 2 K/D ratios in those 3 hours. Does that normally happen or do I have to just keep consistent good performance to get good shyt or is it just RNG?

Also, anyone ever re-rolled and gotten the IB sniper with a 3rd Eye? I just want to know if I should keep trying for it if its possible.

I can almost retire now, lol

20 kills + 2 Deaths, or is 10 the highest ratio it'll go?

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25082]

If anyone wants to get a group going to grab the second chest when I am on later today let me know. I still need to grab it on all three characters. I guess that is the price I pay for soloing the beginning and then joining a group for Crota instead of grouping up the whole way.

I have gotten much better at camp sniping and routenly got 20, kills and assists with 2 K/D ratios in those 3 hours. Does that normally happen or do I have to just keep consistent good performance to get good shyt or is it just RNG?
Since when is camping and sniping a difficult thing...? It is the disdain of all multiplayer shooting gamers...

Since when is camping and sniping a difficult thing...? It is the disdain of all multiplayer shooting gamers...
When the maps are small and you got to protect your camping spots from hoards of pissed off players charging at you.

Plus it isn't exactly 100% any different than 1 shot shotguns and fusion rifles these days. Also the bounties during the IB basically urge you camp.

edit: All of this is from a purely PvE standpoint:

Well I've now leveled my shiny new Claws of Ahamkara to the point where I have all of the meaningful bonuses and = meh. The extra melee charge is nice in those "oh shit!" moments but it has also had this weird side-effect of me knowing that spamming melee will burn that extra charge so I instead back-off a bit instead of mashing melee per usual. (minor gripe and totally the fault of my playstyle)

But...then I started thinking about the Sunbreakers and realized that, more than anything, they offer-up mostly control when used normally and a significant single-target damage boost when used with Radiance.

Long-story-short: I need more single-target public event type testing with the Claws to see exactly how they stack-up against Sunbreakers in terms of solo'ing those 'Eliminate the Target' public events. I do like that the Claws don't lock me into using one grenade type with one sub-class but Sunbreakers with Radiance on a single-target is a massive amount of both control and dps when done right.

I spent a little more quality time with my warlock this weekend and I can finally revive myself.

Now I need to level my Obsidian Mind, raid boots and VG gauntlets so I can hit at least 30.

Have a few nodes unlocked on each so I'll have to move some mats around and see how high I can go. I want to start raiding, consistently, with my 'lock.

Here is a video showing a super easy way to solo the beginning if you have not seen it yet. Makes it easily doable on any class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZXpe7ccFYo
Haha, gave this a try last night and it worked. I was on my main titan.

The only tricky part for me were the thrall at the first light. i get swarmed by a whole lot more thrall than the guy in the video, but once you get past that you've got it made.

Too bad it gave me gauntlets... again. I'm still not seeing the kinder and gentler RNG.

If I get the time, I'll try and solo the bridge too. That's the only cp missing on my titan.

W8 so the lamp section gives raid armors as rewards? Damn! I should restart my lock and titan then. I skipped it and just got bridge checkpoints. Hehe

W8 so the lamp section gives raid armors as rewards? Damn! I should restart my lock and titan then. I skipped it and just got bridge checkpoints. Hehe
Yeah. Last week I only got mats on those sections. This week I got gauntlets and both clears.

I managed to get not one but two more Husk of the Pits today. I was over in the Skywatch area and both dropped from the Swordbearer who spawned in the OG loot cave. Even in death she still provides for me. :rofl:

I managed to get not one but two more Husk of the Pits today. I was over in the Skywatch area and both dropped from the Swordbearer who spawned in the OG loot cave. Even in death she still provides for me. :rofl:
I uave yet to get lucky with hisk! Smh!

I have had the husk drop twice just running fist of crota for the 3 kills bounty. One of the guys I run with all the time spent almost 2 hours running it continuously and never got one.

Tried to do the exploding lamp trick but i wasnt flying far enough. Going to have to watch that video again to see exactly how its done.

Also i upgraded my husk of the pit, i only have one but thats fine. Its a pretty crappy gun still at legendary. But ill hang onto it in the hopes that i can make it exotic one day.

Might be able to play tonight. Anyone down for a VoG run maybe 2? All I really want is to pass the Templar checkpoint with all characters just to get the fate bringer  :pray:

Some random videos I made today.

Sword Fail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdnWqZaKQ7A

Free Fallen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEiF4JXTxjk

Spider Smashed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFa5JegXBZc

I want to do gatekeeper checkpoint cos i want the fatebringer!

Here are a couple of failed supers i did recently. I was setting up a titan smash but the cabal had other ideas. The second clip was weird, i went into a blade dance, landed on a group of thrall and i couldnt move or melee or anything. Just couldnt do anything at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V88ZhG9PN0

I'll be on later on but gotta go to the store...I did hop on and do that first mission from the new dlc. Husk dropped for me first run through :)

Just did atheon checkpoint hard with some randoms at destinylfg.net. Down atheon in 2 portal trips. Got the ship and 2 warlock helms. Wtf! Would have atleast gave me a different armor. Still missing chest and boots. Grrr! Did it in one go aswell. Hehe! Hopefully i can get my titan to get in a group. His still 30. Lock and hunter got invited quickly coz theyre both 31. I still would like to get fatebringer. Is tge templar tge only place ot drops? Or gatekeeper too?

Just came across this thread, at some point will probably ask for help with VoG, because I've never done it. But I should be on tonight around 9pm pst if anyone is in the cagcast clan and can help me get the clan/strike trophy. I'm a level 27 titan (have a 26 hunter too if necessary).

PS4: raarar

Just came across this thread, at some point will probably ask for help with VoG, because I've never done it. But I should be on tonight around 9pm pst if anyone is in the cagcast clan and can help me get the clan/strike trophy. I'm a level 27 titan (have a 26 hunter too if necessary).

PS4: raarar
I've only done it once on normal and I'm basically a 31 now. I'll add you since I'm online. MattYoung730

Just earned a legendary engram from a Roc. Got another set of No Backup Plans. Need a shard each to complete the upgrades on that and The Glasshouse, so this gets me 2 more light.

I finally got something besides materials to drop while soloing the Crota Raid, some Titan Boots! It's actually my first anything besides materials to drop while soloing the first two parts of the raid with all three guardians.

I'll probably be on doing the weekly or maybe even a nightfall that I just never got around to doing this week before the refresh. If anyone wants to join feel free to.

Got Hunter Gauntlets from CE tonight. First real attempt at it, so happy that I got something. Couldn't beat Crota, though. Team went through a lot of player changes and we just couldn't get it all together in time. Will definitely get it done this coming week, though.

Got my hunter up to 30 again after changing out all my gear for new gear. Should be on a lot this week I'm off from the 24th until the 31st...Maybe I'll get my level 3 wizardman out of storage :)

Did the intro to the raid this morning before work.  So amped to try the lamp trick again that I almost forgot to grab the 1st chest, duh...

Anyway, 1st chest took forever to spawn, maybe 8 tries. Then the lamp trick was fine but kept messing up on the last steps; one time the knight was already charging at me, another time I couldn't hop up on the rock.

Whatever... in the end I just got sharded on by RNG.

One more toon to try, unless I can find someone to carry my 'lock.

I just need boots or a helmet to hit 32, preferably boots.

Is there a way to get a listing of ps3 ps4 players in this thread? OP hasnt been active in this thread for a while to have him put a google doc there or something

I got ascendant shards for both nightfall attempts. Lame.

Got the gloves for my second solo raid attempt. Now I just need those radiant shards so pumped about that.

Kind of burnt out from trying to actually put together a raid group as of late though.

Kind of burnt out from trying to actually put together a raid group as of late though.
+1

My active Destiny friends has plummeted from 70 or so down to maybe 30. And to make things worse, there are maybe 15 signed into Destiny around the time I'm usually on.

It all pretty much happened after the DLC dropped. Unfortunately looks like the changes really did drive off a bunch of players. Even the LFG sites tend to have fewer players available to choose from (at least on PS3).

bread's done
Back