Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Thinking of getting Obsidian for my Warlock, but i already have Sunbreaker gauntlets as my exotic....despite only having lvl'd Void so far. Saw a webm of someone doing the first Moon mission, launching a Nova Bomb right as the doors open at the "we've awoken the hive" checkpoint, and it INSTANTLY recharged Nova Bomb upon impact. Looking at the perk for Obsidian, was that a fluke or Is the CD bonus for Nova Bomb actually viable for Nightfall/Raids?

Also furk yeahrrrr, bought me an Icebreaker.

*Update for Raiding Info*

The other 2 ppl in my group decided to get the Hunter Helm from Xur, which bumped them up to lvl 28/29.

I've been so lucky with random groups for Crota's End. Ran it last night and got the nicest dude as the party leader. Had a few people he knew in the team already which helped. But we breezed through it in around 40 minutes. Very chill, yet serious at the same time. Crota got me back for last week, though. After my epic drop, this week he only gave me three Radiant Shards haha.

You know what sucks? Not picking up the 10 kill streak bounty for Iron Banner because "there's no way"... then getting a 10 kill streak in your 2nd match.

You know what sucks? Not picking up the 10 kill streak bounty for Iron Banner because "there's no way"... then getting a 10 kill streak in your 2nd match.
I pick them all up because of that. I actually got a 10 kill streak in my first match right off the bat before my first death. You never know when it will happen.

Thinking of getting Obsidian for my Warlock, but i already have Sunbreaker gauntlets as my exotic....despite only having lvl'd Void so far. Saw a webm of someone doing the first Moon mission, launching a Nova Bomb right as the doors open at the "we've awoken the hive" checkpoint, and it INSTANTLY recharged Nova Bomb upon impact. Looking at the perk for Obsidian, was that a fluke or Is the CD bonus for Nova Bomb actually viable for Nightfall/Raids?
Its actually really good, just depends on how many enemies you kill rather than how tough they are (majors/ultras). I did the exclusion zone last night and i could nova bomb 4-5 cabal as they jump out of the 2nd ship, and have my super nearly back. I do have to shoot around 2 more cabal afterwards to fully get my super back, but its noticeable how often you get your super back during missions with the right setup. Its good to use soul rip, the hunger, and ebmrace the void in your voidwalker tree. Use bad juju for extra super energy with kills.

I did finish the void kills on my thorn bounty and the crucible kills on my bad juju (its nicer than I remembered).

I'll go back and look and see who needed the last part of that and keep an eye out for you this weekend.
I'd like to join if you're running it tonight.

Got my Thorn bounty up to Xyor too.

Actually knocked out the crucible part on 3 last night; Invective, Thorn, Bad Juju.

Finished Bad Juju and need the last part for both Thorn and Invective

Can you still buy the swarm from vangaurd? I have that and corrective measure from the vog...seems like maybe also one of the dead orbit ones I have is void but that might be random...

Edit: looks like the vendor ones come in different flavors randomly...but corrective measure is always void I think...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you still buy the swarm from vangaurd? I have that and corrective measure from the vog...seems like maybe also one of the dead orbit ones I have is void but that might be random...

Edit: looks like the vendor ones come in different flavors randomly...but corrective measure is always void I think...
Vanguard didn't have either of those guns but they do have harm's way which has void damage, but i'm only at about 100 marks at the moment so I gotta grind a bit to get it.

Does hard mode VoG give everything normal mode does?

My 1st VoG normal I got th Epiloge and Corrective Measure, my 1st hard VoG, I got nothing but the legendary ship and chatter white.

nixmahn said:
Does hard mode VoG give everything normal mode does?

My 1st VoG normal I got th Epiloge and Corrective Measure, my 1st hard VoG, I got nothing but the legendary ship and chatter white.
Hard gives everything Normal does plus several items:

- Praetorion Foil and Fatebringer from the Orcales/Templar checkpoints (I think one at each, though I always forget which is which).
- Praedyth's Timepiece from Gatekeeper
- Vex Mythoclast, Helm, and hard mode Raid ship from Atheon

Note that you get a double-chance from the Hard mode pool (if you didn't run Normal already that week), so it is possible to get TWO of the hard mode exclusives at once. I got two Fatebringer from one checkpoint once and someone in the Xbox One thread just this week got two Timepieces. So if you are actally looking for a normal weapon (like Vision of Confluence) it might be better not to run it on Hard.

Hit rank 5 in Iron Banner earlier today and bought the hand cannon. I really want the scout rifle since it can roll with explosive rounds and firefly. I think it would be a nice fatebringer replacement I'm just not sure I want to run the amount of Iron Banner I suspect it would take to get with my luck.

Hey frosty I didnt see you on but I think maybe we are not friends yet? I didnt get on till like 11 and only did IB for an hour to knock out the easy bounties. Over level 3 now...hopefully can hit 5 if I have more time to play Sun/Mon...

Hey frosty I didnt see you on but I think maybe we are not friends yet? I didnt get on till like 11 and only did IB for an hour to knock out the easy bounties. Over level 3 now...hopefully can hit 5 if I have more time to play Sun/Mon...
Just checked and we are friends, lol. Probably didn't notice me since my PSN is WiiDaLoser.

Hit rank 5 in Iron Banner earlier today and bought the hand cannon. I really want the scout rifle since it can roll with explosive rounds and firefly. I think it would be a nice fatebringer replacement I'm just not sure I want to run the amount of Iron Banner I suspect it would take to get with my luck.
I actually just got a scout rifle from a Vanguard package with firefly and explosive rounds. It also has high caliber rounds if for whatever reason I don't go with explosive. Was pretty stoked to get it. It's called Badger CCL. It's got 14 rounds, great range and impact as well as pretty good reload speed and stability. It's almost like a combination Fatebringer/VoC without an element or autofire but with upgraded damage.

I like the Badger CCL. Bought it from the Vanguard quartermaster and vaulted it for my hunter. By the way- I finally made that hunter! After reading Polygon's article on the benefits of running multiple characters, I figured now was the time. Plus I wanted to upgrade my vaulted Lucky Raspberry.

So as of last night, I have a female Exo huntress named Roboho-37. Level 26 right now, but with Exotic helm and chest available and 33 light Legendaries for those and gloves. Just need Legendary boots to be ready to hit Level 31. Working on Bladedancer class. She carries my secondary Gjallarhorn.

I bought myself 2 Timur's Lash, and spent around 100 motes of light to get rolls I wanted, outlaw + field scout + crowd control and luck in the chamber. They're my poor man's HawkMoon :cry:. The sniper just will not drop for me, got 2 of the crappy auto rifles only as rewards.

I bought myself 2 Timur's Lash, and spent around 100 motes of light to get rolls I wanted, outlaw + field scout + crowd control and luck in the chamber. They're my poor man's HawkMoon :cry:. The sniper just will not drop for me, got 2 of the crappy auto rifles only as rewards.
I have 3 of those rifles, 2 bought from the last IB and 1 droped for me this tie around. I have armor peircing + final round and the other speced for PvE and nightfalls. The FR + AP is insane in PvP, I only wished I could have gotten Spray and play with it instead in Unflinching

Finally got Efrideet's Spear as an Iron Banner reward.  It came with final round and armor piercing, it's not perfect but good enough, so I'm not going to re-roll it hoping to get something better.

So, I just found out that the auto rifle and sniper are the only weapons that drop this time around. Turns out my buddy who told me to check out the scout rifle he had just gotten had rerolled his from last go around. I wish I would have found out before I put a little post rank 5 time in, but it wasn't all bad. I got the sniper and rerolled it a few times and ended up with armor piercing rounds and firefly. It's solar so I probably won't use it much over Ice Breaker or Black Hammer, but it could be fun to mess around with next time Iron Banner rolls around and I get back to doing PVP again. I was having a lot of fun killing through walls with my LDR. The potential for multi kills with firefly from shooting through walls into control zones seems like it would take my fun to another level.

Yesterday i got Bittersteel, a dead orbit shader. Got it when ranking up to level 8. Kind of looks like chatterwhite, with no glitter, and more black parts. Looks cool on my Warlock. Got my FWC to rank 9 last night and still no shader. Just started New Monarchy so not even to level 1 yet.

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/557211896177106945

took me till 10 to get bittersteel...i like it but I still want that all black one...

frosty and I finished the thorn bounty last night...it was so much easier at 31 vs 28 or 29...

crota fusion shredded those blue shielded knights and the crota rocket finished the wizards in record time.

Still got some IB to finish so I can get to 5 so off to that now...I got the auto rifle in a drop and a cooler red and blue ship with a blinky light and swept forward wings. I like the gold color on the guns.

didnt even take all the bounties today to finish...got the shader and pistol...will grind for more glimmer and try and snag the arms and cape...I dont like the way the crota arms look on the hunter...

If anyone still has a Crota run to do, I'd appreciate an invite. Gonna try to hunt down a group to finish that on my warlock.

frosty and I finished the thorn bounty last night...it was so much easier at 31 vs 28 or 29...

crota fusion shredded those blue shielded knights and the crota rocket finished the wizards in record time.
Thanks for the help with that. And yeah, it was was really easy.

Your fusion and my fatebringer really tore them up, lol.

I've now got a Thorn for each toon :bouncy:

Dang. I didn't know if you guys finished off that bounty or not since it was last mentioned. I still have to take down stupid Xyor but I've been kind of consumed by the Iron Banner this week. If anyone else has that part of the bounty left to tackle let me know.

I still have two weeklies left to finish before the weekly refresh. If anyone still has those left to do and I'm on feel free to join.

Man, I had awful luck this week with lfg groups. Two of the three I joined were trying tackle Crota for the first time which never came close to succeeding after many wipes. Then the third group came close but people had to leave. Maybe one day I'll get to kill Crota. On the positive side it looks like my Hunter will be the first of my three guardians to hit level 32 as I finally got a decent chest piece to drop.

I thought there was someone else that needed it but didnt remember who, sorry...but I do have it on my Titan as well so I'll let you know when I get the crucible portion done. May be awhile cause after IB im sick of crucible...eventhough its kind of fun to stand at a control point while idiots run into my machine gun in a line.

Dang. I didn't know if you guys finished off that bounty or not since it was last mentioned. I still have to take down stupid Xyor but I've been kind of consumed by the Iron Banner this week. If anyone else has that part of the bounty left to tackle let me know.

I still have two weeklies left to finish before the weekly refresh. If anyone still has those left to do and I'm on feel free to join.

Man, I had awful luck this week with lfg groups. Two of the three I joined were trying tackle Crota for the first time which never came close to succeeding after many wipes. Then the third group came close but people had to leave. Maybe one day I'll get to kill Crota. On the positive side it looks like my Hunter will be the first of my three guardians to hit level 32 as I finally got a decent chest piece to drop.
I still have ti kill Xyor, I'm on after work 6:30 pm est after IB is over

if you guys need help just send me an invite if im not raiding or nightfall or something I'll help...

got everything i wanted from IB...feel fancy in gold and pinstripes...this hand cannon is pretty rad, hits hard.

So, I just found out that the auto rifle and sniper are the only weapons that drop this time around. Turns out my buddy who told me to check out the scout rifle he had just gotten had rerolled his from last go around. I wish I would have found out before I put a little post rank 5 time in, but it wasn't all bad. I got the sniper and rerolled it a few times and ended up with armor piercing rounds and firefly. It's solar so I probably won't use it much over Ice Breaker or Black Hammer, but it could be fun to mess around with next time Iron Banner rolls around and I get back to doing PVP again. I was having a lot of fun killing through walls with my LDR. The potential for multi kills with firefly from shooting through walls into control zones seems like it would take my fun to another level.
Too bad you did not get Final Round in that sniper roll, Final round + high impact meant that you could OHKO anywhere on the body with that last bullet in PvP. Once I OHKO someone in the gun barrel through the see through wall in zone B in City perimeter, it was hillarious.

Nightfall was horrible for me this week for me! I ran it three times and got 11 ascendant energies, 11 ascendant shards, and 9 strange coins! 

Always next week...

I thought there was someone else that needed it but didnt remember who, sorry...but I do have it on my Titan as well so I'll let you know when I get the crucible portion done. May be awhile cause after IB im sick of crucible...eventhough its kind of fun to stand at a control point while idiots run into my machine gun in a line.
No worries at all, as the Iron Banner kind of shuffled my usual Destiny schedule last week. I'm glad you and frosty were able to knock that one out.

I still have ti kill Xyor, I'm on after work 6:30 pm est after IB is over
Great. PM me whenever I'm on and when you have some time to take Xyor down. Just whenever it's convenient. I'm not in any real pressing rush to finish off that bounty.

if you guys need help just send me an invite if im not raiding or nightfall or something I'll help...

got everything i wanted from IB...feel fancy in gold and pinstripes...this hand cannon is pretty rad, hits hard.
Awesome, thanks.

I also picked up the Timur's Lash hand cannon since the impact is excellent and being able to re-roll for the mods you want is great. I was aiming for a Field Scout + Outlaw combo which took roughly 30 motes of light to finally get. The other mod ended up being Mulligan which is kind of 'meh' but it wasn't worth using more motes to get something even better. Overall it ended up being a pretty decent IB week.

crota hooked my titan up this week got chest I already had at bridge, patience and time from deathsinger, then crota gave me the helmet and machine gun...I should be able to hit 32 with the shards from my hunters run...he is supposed to by my primary but still only has boots and sleeves from crota...

Crota gave my hunter jack shit...but I guess I have enough shards to get my titan to 32...

Nightfall gave me the 4th horseman on my titan...weekly the usual coins and blue engrams.

Did crota checkpoint a 3rd time to help some people out so got nothing but practice...guess I should level up a 3rd guy.

Atheon checkpoint gave my titan yet another helmet, sparrow, and vex...

Titan is getting mad loot...

Dont know if I'll be back on tonight but I still need to do nightfall and weekly on my hunter if you are looking for someone to run it with. It was pretty easy this week once you get past the stupid witches in the locked room. That crota machine gun rips through those blue shields on the knights.

Got a Vex and HawkMoon from one Atheon drop last night.  [SIZE=13.63636302948px]I couldn't believe my luck, then I blacked out from happiness. :)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]I don't know how long I've been lusting over the HawkMoon, and its living up to all my [/SIZE]expectations after playing with it for a few hours.

I like hawkmoon more but I seem to use fatebringer most often cause of the explosions...I'm at work today after a day off yesterday. I'd rather be playing destiny, but it was nice to get a full weeks worth of raids done in one day.

Anyone tackling hard tonight? I wont be ready (aka 32) until this weekend probably...

Fatebringer is still my favorite gun in destiny.  I'm dreading the day it becomes obsolete due to is 300 damage vs newer guns, but it'll still come out of the vault for Arc burn night falls.

I'm also enjoying Timur's Lash a lot, staggering majors and captains with one critical is a lot of fun.

Ran Hard mode and almost beat it.

- All enemies are 33
- No revive of course
- No real changes up until Crota other than the last 2 points
- In our group: pulse rifle dropped from first checkpoint (2 people got it), and auto rifle dropped from bridge (I got it and I think no one else)
- NO rewards from either chest or, more disappointingly, Ir Yut, if you already played on Normal. So that means nothing special from these drops on Hard (will just be what you always got)
- Changes at Crota: NO Chalice, there's a Gatekeeper down below, Boomer Knights are yellow and take 5 sniper headshots to kill instead of 1. A wizard (yellow with a solar shield) spawns from behind the boomers and floats around Crota.

We got Crota to 1/4 on our last run but we had to stop - will try to pick it up again in a bit.

We did the bridge legit which was really tough. But apparently there is a new cheese there.

I now see why some of the helms have the regen health with orb pickup perk (because there's no Chalice). I thought that one sucked compared to the increased super energy from minions of darkness perk but now I view it completely opposite. I just happened to get 2 helms from Normal on Tuesday morning and have one of each. I'll definitely max out my Warlock's helm with the orb perk now. In fact, I'm tempted to do so before we go back into the Raid (but damn, would need to convert a lot of energy to shards...).

And jgu, Fatebringer is still awesome even in Hard mode. You can still one-hit kill thralls and make them blow up their buddies. And it is even useful on later parts to stagger Knights, though it (and everything else as well for that matter) doesn't do much damage to them.

I soloed the lamps on my hunter at 31 just to see if it was doable and if I could luck out and get a better pair of boots before I invested the shards to hit 32. I didn't have any luck with drops, but soloing it wasn't too bad. I started by jumping off the second lamp just like before. I used invis to run past the knight to get to the end. When I got there I stayed on a rock until the ogre got to a spot where it could start shooting at me. After that I hopped down and used the crouch invis. After that I used the melee invis and when that wore off I popped my super and used arc blade invis. That gave the bridge enough time to form and I made it about halfway across before it wore off and the thralls had no chance to catch me. I didn't even use the Don't Touch Me, so lamps are very soloable with a hunter.

I don't know about other classes. I shot at the ogre and it took a couple head shots to stagger him. I wasn't doing much damage at 31, but with the ogre being a yellow mob now and taking way more damage to drop I don't know that it will be possible to drop him before he gets into a position he can fire from. I will have to test it out later.

Once I finished with that I bit the bullet and took my hunter to 32 to try out the bridge with some of the guys from my usual crew. We didn't have a lot of time, but we got pretty close before people had to go. I think we should be able to get it fairly easily. It looks like the real fun starts after that though. Crota looks pretty tough now.

I soloed the lamps on my hunter at 31 just to see if it was doable and if I could luck out and get a better pair of boots before I invested the shards to hit 32. I didn't have any luck with drops, but soloing it wasn't too bad. I started by jumping off the second lamp just like before. I used invis to run past the knight to get to the end. When I got there I stayed on a rock until the ogre got to a spot where it could start shooting at me. After that I hopped down and used the crouch invis. After that I used the melee invis and when that wore off I popped my super and used arc blade invis. That gave the bridge enough time to form and I made it about halfway across before it wore off and the thralls had no chance to catch me. I didn't even use the Don't Touch Me, so lamps are very soloable with a hunter.

I don't know about other classes. I shot at the ogre and it took a couple head shots to stagger him. I wasn't doing much damage at 31, but with the ogre being a yellow mob now and taking way more damage to drop I don't know that it will be possible to drop him before he gets into a position he can fire from. I will have to test it out later.

Once I finished with that I bit the bullet and took my hunter to 32 to try out the bridge with some of the guys from my usual crew. We didn't have a lot of time, but we got pretty close before people had to go. I think we should be able to get it fairly easily. It looks like the real fun starts after that though. Crota looks pretty tough now.
The lamp part is doable with a titan and the bubble. Me and 7 tried it early and what he did was pop a bubble right before the Ogre starts shooting and then as soon as the bubble was gone he crouched down and off the rock and headed toward the bridge. By the time he got to the pad the bridge was formed and he booked it across.

The second time we had a third and it was my turn as a titan. For some reason, despite having the same exact setup, my bubble seemed to go away quicker. Almost as if the Ogre blasted through the bubble and killed me. Not exactly sure what happened. However, the third guy was a warlock and he revived as the counter hit 1 and for some reason the bridge was still forming and it finished right when he revived taking away the weight of darkness. He was then able to jump up the rock and take the shortcut and just ran all the way to the end avoiding the thrall until he made it across. Not sure where the Ogre had walked off to because like a dummy I had quit and rejoined thinking "Oh he can just revive me now." D'oh.

So far i got 1 pulse rifle and 2 auto rifles. Still need to do the second half of the raid with titan and warlock, and full raid with hunter. Hopefully do that tonight. Hope i can at least beat crota once and get the shader and maybe crux of crota.

Got 12 energies on my second nightfall...thats two weeks in a row.

We did nightfall, weekly, and then I stayed on to helped nix and deut with the thorn bounty.

I guess if I get back on later I'll level my titan to get to 32 then hit up the lfg.

Is the lamp jump cheese fixed? Tried doing it with all 3 classes but couldnt make it on top. Weight of darkness triggers after i jump towards the wall. Or maybe im not just good with jumping. This was the 1st time i was trying tjis method

bread's done
Back