Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

I'd be up for doing any of the PoEs later tonight. I still need a Skolas take down to finish off the year one stuff, but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of like the idea of deleting one of my guys and just doing the whole thing fresh but I dont know if I can bring myself to do it. 

I'll probably solo the story content my first play through on one character, but after that leave my fire team open to invaders...I know I'm probably not going to be in as much of a hurry this time. I'd like to make it last awhile before I'm on the hamster wheel again.

Plus I'm not really going to have time to play until the weekend.

I kind of like the idea of deleting one of my guys and just doing the whole thing fresh but I dont know if I can bring myself to do it.

I'll probably solo the story content my first play through on one character, but after that leave my fire team open to invaders...I know I'm probably not going to be in as much of a hurry this time. I'd like to make it last awhile before I'm on the hamster wheel again.

Plus I'm not really going to have time to play until the weekend.
You and me both.
I thought about it too, but the thought of leveling up 3 subclasses has me thinking, no thanks.

I deleted my Hunter and only did the Earth missions. I have both subclasses almost maxed, so I'm hoping to use the rest of the story missions and the new DLC to get some sweet levels.

Hopefully they will explain the redbull thing and the level 20 thing so we know how much of a grind it would be...I kind of want to see the new cut scenes and acting they added to the old content...but I dont know if its worth it.

Was good to Destiny again today. Didn't do much, just a little patrolling to knock the dust off and then I hopped in a Nightfall NJMane was in with my Warlock. Ended up getting the Nothing Manacles with worse stats. I might try and play trials tomorrow depending on who's on. I only have time to play in the morning before I go back home and then I won't be back on Destiny until my internet gets hooked up sometime next week.

Still need Flawless trials and raider for those willing to help.

Also, Daver, do you still work at the GS in the mall? Because I work at Sears now haha.

EDIT: Spare redbull codes anyone? Also, whats this business about signing up for something and getting a postmaster package? Am I too late for that?

So exactly how do we get the $20 collectibles (3 shaders, 3 class items, 3 dances)? From what ive seen we just buy the $40 TTK standalone and then the extras will be $20 from the PSN store?

Also how do I link videos here directly?

Just post the youtube link without the S after http and it should work.
Thanks.

http://youtu.be/J5d3EZUvmqM

http://youtu.be/bHa9p_9AfxE

http://youtu.be/AJLp3e3CfRQ

http://youtu.be/86YgSwlm78s

Okay thats the last of my videos I had. Didnt realize they would post with a large thumbnail. Ill stop the spam. :whistle2:

Raids: My boys have an Atheon hard checkpoint if anyone is interested (Fri afternoon/evening or Sat).

I wouldn't mind a Crota normal (for the heavy weapons).

Thanks to Xur I was able to get both Titan exotics I still needed. (The new boots and the new gloves.) The only exotic I need now is the new Hunter boots but I'm not fussed if I get them with TTK coming out soon.

Xur needs to bring the damn ram already...all I need is the ram and the two other cipher weapons.

edit: Excellent troll with the plan c though...I got 1 from the gorgon chest on my hunter the last two times I did VOG and got another someplace else...at one point I had 3 of them on that character within the span of a few weeks.

I can be on but won't be till around 10 pm est stuck with all closing shifts this week for the most part, if that's not too late I'm down to do it!

Thats 9 my time, i think that would be fine. If Jimmy is good with that we can do that tonight then. Think it takes around an hour to complete the whole 35 POE.

So nobody has any spare red bull codes? And I'm still waiting on someone to explain to me what I missed with getting postmaster packages by signing up for something.

I was reading this IGN/Bungie update article. So NF buff won't be there anymore, and getting kicked to orbit if whole team wipes is also gone. No more weekly heroic, but Vanguard Heroic with marks received on an account level . Daily and PvP rewards are on account based too. 

"We didn't like the way..." seriously what they didn't like is how we went about getting stuff done. We really manage our weeks pretty well, so it seems they didn't like that too much.  If the rewards from X or Y activity do indeed appear more often in other places, then I can see this being good, maybe you only grind with that one character and that about it on a per week basis?

Daily Heroic/Daily PVP

It's important to us that Destiny remain compatible with real life. Playing multiple characters can sometimes feel like a job or a chore, the Daily Heroic and Daily PVP often felt that way. So we increased their rewards and made them an account completion. We want players to choose which characters they want to play on and earn Legendary Marks on.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/28/bungie-is-changing-destiny-nightfalls?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=14&utm_campaign=Blogroll

https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---08272015/en/News/News?aid=13430

I'm pretty sure the red bull codes are exclusive to 7-11 which are very hard to find in Maine, I know I haven't been able to find any marked redbull cans around here atleast

I was reading this IGN/Bungie update article. So NF buff won't be there anymore, and getting kicked to orbit if whole team wipes is also gone. No more weekly heroic, but Vanguard Heroic with marks received on an account level . Daily and PvP rewards are on account based too.

"We didn't like the way..." seriously what they didn't like is how we went about getting stuff done. We really manage our weeks pretty well, so it seems they didn't like that too much. If the rewards from X or Y activity do indeed appear more often in other places, then I can see this being good, maybe you only grind with that one character and that about it on a per week basis?

Daily Heroic/Daily PVP

It's important to us that Destiny remain compatible with real life. Playing multiple characters can sometimes feel like a job or a chore, the Daily Heroic and Daily PVP often felt that way. So we increased their rewards and made them an account completion. We want players to choose which characters they want to play on and earn Legendary Marks on.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/28/bungie-is-changing-destiny-nightfalls?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=14&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Yea, I read that last night and I was scratching my head. One of the things I liked about how the weekly and daily stuff was setup was it gave you incentive to run 3 characters, and a reason to use all 3. Now they have kind of invalidated that work we put in.

As much as I hated getting kicked to orbit while running a NF it made it interesting and suspenseful, even after we had all run the same strikes and variants a ton of times.

I'm pretty sure the red bull codes are exclusive to 7-11 which are very hard to find in Maine, I know I haven't been able to find any marked redbull cans around here atleast
They were only supposed to be exclusive until the end of July. On August 1 they should have made their way to Walmart and other retailers, although I have never looked for the cans outside of 7-11.

Hmm. So NFs can still be done once per character for rewards, but they removed the Weekly Heroic Strikes in favor of a Weekly Heroic Playlist that will give legendary marks on an account level only. Makes sense. So does that mean Strange Coins will be harder to collect or made less useful? I don't think I've heard what role those will play or if anything has changed. They are giving that replica strange coin in the TTK:CE so who knows.

They're not on cans around here, like daver said. Its not a big deal I just remember some saying they'd hook us up and because I was gone for a few months I feel like I missed out.

Yea, I read that last night and I was scratching my head. One of the things I liked about how the weekly and daily stuff was setup was it gave you incentive to run 3 characters, and a reason to use all 3. Now they have kind of invalidated that work we put in.

As much as I hated getting kicked to orbit while running a NF it made it interesting and suspenseful, even after we had all run the same strikes and variants a ton of times.
I completely agree. I guess we'll see where these changes lead soon enough.

They're not on cans around here, like daver said. Its not a big deal I just remember some saying they'd hook us up and because I was gone for a few months I feel like I missed out.
I would imagine that as long as someone in your fire team has the code/level unlocked, they can bring the whole group into it (assuming the others don't have the code). The only other thing you are missing is the xp booster, which is a one time use thing.

Dunno, the level seems more important to me than the xp boost (we're all getting to 40 anyway/playing catchup with 7th).

I have some codes that I'll give out here once I hook up the handful of guys still active in the xbox thread.

If you guys haven't been doing the weekly lately might want to do them these last few weeks especially if you are running low on strange coins. 

I said I would, but I cant drink redbull anymore so I've only bought one can a long time ago. They were late getting to my area so I thought everyone had already stolen codes (by guessing) or gotten them elsewhere. I think the exclusivity was only until Sept 1st then they were going to have 4 packs at retail I think. At this point I'm not gonna buy a $4 redbull I cant drink, at the time I made the offer I was drinking an energy drink every day. Right now I'm on a restricted diet so I cant have artificial sweeteners or sugar either. Sorry :(

If someone wants one badly enough I'd be happy to ship you a redbull for your collection at cost...but surely someone can hook you up that is still drinking them.

Also diets suck - I'm not even fat :(

im surprised you didnt get some kind of postmaster special packages arjay. I got 2 red bull xp boosts, but then got another 2 from special packages from the post master.

So without being kicked out of nightfalls when you die, they just became a lot easier to solo.

Yeah it sounds like strange coins are going to be a thing of the past. I hope we can still do nightfalls 3 times, or get a possible of 3 exotics if only doing it once. The idea of having to do stuff once instead of three times sounds good as long as we dont lose out on the rewards.

Played some Gears last night and while I remember it being a slower paced game, it feels too slow... sigh.

Think I'll just finish my one play-thru and be done with it. Damn if Destiny didn't ruin another game for me.

Anyway, hopped on for some Iron Banana and Dragon strikes. Nothing special, but did get my titan up to rank 4.

Hopefully, more people are on tonight and we can get a group rolling thru PvP.

"We didn't like the way..." seriously what they didn't like is how we went about getting stuff done. We really manage our weeks pretty well, so it seems they didn't like that too much. If the rewards from X or Y activity do indeed appear more often in other places, then I can see this being good, maybe you only grind with that one character and that about it on a per week basis?

Daily Heroic/Daily PVP

Yeah, someone told me about this last night. Can't say it's bad really if they are going to make up for the buff by boosting other things . Especially since TKK is introducing other activities that have NF-type rewards. The weekly Crucible bounty chain in particular should be a nice change of pace.

Strange Coin grinding would be the only thing to wonder about. I've got a ton right now but don't know if the TTK economy would really require them beyond Xur

Tonight's my first Friday night free in a while, so I'm going for trials. Hopefully stellar's around to make it easy for me.
Uhg, i really want to go back to the lighthouse. You guys should invite me once im done with skolas. :D Id like to get those warlock gloves, hand canon reload and heavy weapon reload! Titan gloves dont look too bad either. I like when armor has one full stat instead of like intellect and discipline.

Map is Burning Shrine again! What is it with this map that bungie loves?

Im starting to get used to Gears UE. Yeah it was slow at first, i knocked all my sensitivity to 30 and it plays better. But i think the more you play the better you will adjust to the game. Its still pretty fun, except for the times where my gnasher feels like im shooting blanks. At least in Destiny i can see someones health bar going down, in Gears you are blind to see if your shots are even doing anything with the exception of blood splatter.

I would imagine that as long as someone in your fire team has the code/level unlocked, they can bring the whole group into it (assuming the others don't have the code). The only other thing you are missing is the xp booster, which is a one time use thing.

Dunno, the level seems more important to me than the xp boost (we're all getting to 40 anyway/playing catchup with 7th).
The code provides an exclusive quest. From my understanding, this quest would be specific to the account that redeemed the code. Others can tagalong but they will likely not get any of the rewards for finishing the quest.

So nobody has any spare red bull codes? And I'm still waiting on someone to explain to me what I missed with getting postmaster packages by signing up for something.
I actually completely forgot about the Red Bull codes. I only buy energy drinks when they're on sale, like 2 for $3/$4, but I haven't checked in a while. I could probably hook you up with a code before Sept. 1st if you still need one.

As others have said the postmaster packages gave you 3 strange coins per package for signing up. Most people received 3 but I recall some only received 2.

Wow, Burning Shrine again... well the map designer did say that was his favorite map.. 

Anyway, I've gotta play Trials this week just because I'm missing the gloves for my Titan and Warlock (last 2 pieces I need to complete the Osiris armors).  If you need a 3rd hit me up.  And hopefully we get a Lighthouse trip out of it.

Wow, Burning Shrine again... well the map designer did say that was his favorite map..  They really need to bring back map rotation

Anyway, I've gotta play Trials this week just because I'm missing the gloves for my Titan and Warlock (last 2 pieces I need to complete the Osiris armors).  If you need a 3rd hit me up.  And hopefully we get a Lighthouse trip out of it.

Hahah okay Jem we will just have to think of a strategy to win like the decoy method! Or we try to befriend them by sitting or dancing and then shotgun them to death!

bread's done
Back