Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

I try hard and play to the best of my ability.

tumblr_np23azlRA51rj4m7wo1_500.gif

I actually completely forgot about the Red Bull codes. I only buy energy drinks when they're on sale, like 2 for $3/$4, but I haven't checked in a while. I could probably hook you up with a code before Sept. 1st if you still need one.

As others have said the postmaster packages gave you 3 strange coins per package for signing up. Most people received 3 but I recall some only received 2.
Signing up for what though?
And no 7 there wasn't any postmaster packages waiting for me when I signed in yesterday.

Signing up for what though?
And no 7 there wasn't any postmaster packages waiting for me when I signed in yesterday.
Basically Bungie wanted you to sign-up and verify your email address for notifications with your Bungie profile. Just login to the Bungie site, go to your profile, then settings, and then find the 'notifications and email' tab on the left. Select the settings you want, enter in your email, allow the two contact options and then save. If they're still handing out packages you should probably get something shortly.

Played some Trials with Stellar and Stotch and we did pretty well. Ended up getting 7 wins before i got my first loss on the card. Disappointing, but i did get the warlock gloves so thats all that matters. Still want to get the titan gloves.

We beat Skolas, took like 3 tries i think. Ended up getting a solar hand cannon.

Then went to play control and saw something i couldnt even believe. Some level 3 on our team grabbed the heavy ammo when i was trying to get there in time, he was the only one to grab it, there was no red on the radar, and dude didnt even have a heavy weapon equipped. ....... seriously.

This thread has some good info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3irr9q/gi_answering_destiny_the_taken_kings_lingering/

Sounds like Trials might go away and come back at a later time. Probably to prevent easy wins for people who can grind out good stuff right away.

The only reason to play old raids and PoE is "nostalgia." No new rewards.

Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn will not get year two updates because they don't want to have them be solutions to problems. There's nothing about actually addressing the problems themselves (mainly bulletsponge bosses that force people to use weapons like this so they're not spending hours on single encounters.)

Played some Trials with Stellar and Stotch and we did pretty well. Ended up getting 7 wins before i got my first loss on the card. Disappointing, but i did get the warlock gloves so thats all that matters. Still want to get the titan gloves.

We beat Skolas, took like 3 tries i think. Ended up getting a solar hand cannon.

Then went to play control and saw something i couldnt even believe. Some level 3 on our team grabbed the heavy ammo when i was trying to get there in time, he was the only one to grab it, there was no red on the radar, and dude didnt even have a heavy weapon equipped. ....... seriously.
We ended up getting to 8 wins later on. But then some bad luck with getting super campy teams and me just really starting to suck ass prevented us from going flawless. Oh well, got the hunter gloves and a new chest that has pulse rifle perks and discipline instead of strength, so I'm happy.

Well obviously you were scaring him.

Joined a streamer helping someone get to the Lighthouse for the first time on LFG. We lost once, but we ended up making it. I got a solar messenger. The guy we were helping got a 4th Horsemen out of his 8 win package which he already had. I don't know why rngesus couldn't have sent that my way instead.

This thread has some good info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3irr9q/gi_answering_destiny_the_taken_kings_lingering/

Sounds like Trials might go away and come back at a later time. Probably to prevent easy wins for people who can grind out good stuff right away.

The only reason to play old raids and PoE is "nostalgia." No new rewards.

Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn will not get year two updates because they don't want to have them be solutions to problems. There's nothing about actually addressing the problems themselves (mainly bulletsponge bosses that force people to use weapons like this so they're not spending hours on single encounters.)
Yeah and from what some of the guys pointed out, the new Area doesn't look that big either. I thought this expansion was supposed to be as big as vanilla. The whole IB and BH re-speaking really pissed me off exactly because of the bullet sponge bosses. I really hope reviews or something comes out before the game resealed (like Metal Gear reviews did), but seeing how Activition/Bundie I don't think that will happen

How do you guys understand the new light system?

Seems like it's still a gatekeeper to doing certain activities, only it's not sooo reliant on RNG (Forever 29, cuz no boots anyone).

Anyway did one run on trials, which didn't go so hot.  Switched over to IB and maxed my titan out.  Then hopped on my Warlock and took it to 4 1/4, cuz why not.  Actually had a friend message about doing some IB just as I finished my titan, so I stuck around. 

Since we are sharing videos.... :D

I cant even explain what happened in the nova bomb video. Someone shot a nova bomb, died, 2 seconds later teammates dies via nova bomb from dead person, 2 seconds after that i die from the nova bomb from same dead person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzragxVuSTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VCcJKlsemY

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing regular Control during Iron Banner and ToO sure is great for the old K/D. I went 95-38 in 5 games and about 20 of those deaths were to people who decided to use their supers on just me.

Last night i read on reddit that lord shaxx is the announcer for Iron Banner and lord saladin is the announcer for crucible. Honestly i never even realized there were two different voices. Tell me im not the old one.

Last night i read on reddit that lord shaxx is the announcer for Iron Banner and lord saladin is the announcer for crucible. Honestly i never even realized there were two different voices. Tell me im not the old one.
Haha, I never realized that and I've played a fair share of both. So you're definitely not the only one.

I think I read the thread you're talking about and I think they were just wondering why Shaxx voices Iron Banner when it's Saladin's thing. Shaxx is the only crucible voice, but people think Saladin should voice it is what I got out of it.

I think I read the thread you're talking about and I think they were just wondering why Shaxx voices Iron Banner when it's Saladin's thing. Shaxx is the only crucible voice, but people think Saladin should voice it is what I got out of it.
Now i feel dumb. :oops:

Went to the lighthouse with Stellar and got an arc jewel. Was hoping to get a solar jewel to go with the solar hand cannon i got from skolas earlier in the week. Oh well. Thanks again Stellar! :D/

Also made a longer video of my misfortunes as a blade dancer while playing iron banner. Tomorrow ill hit level 5 with the hunter, hoping that there wont be another Iron Banner until after TTK comes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aGulyrmzIY

7 what editor do you use for videos? Or whats a good video editor in general?

Also Frosty One. Sorry we couldnt go flawless. We can try again another time.  :cry:

Daver I was going to ask you if you wanted to play after Frosty but you got offline. Sorry about that.

Went flawless with some guys off Reddit on my Titan. We actually ended up ripping off 8 straight because one guy didn't have enough coins for all the buffs. Followed that up by getting to 8 on my warlock. I got a Void Jewel. I just need a Arc Messenger and a Solar and Arc Jewel to have all the trials weapons now.

7 what editor do you use for videos? Or whats a good video editor in general?

Also Frosty One. Sorry we couldnt go flawless. We can try again another time. :cry:

Daver I was going to ask you if you wanted to play after Frosty but you got offline. Sorry about that.
Finally, my certifications come in handy. If you want to transfer over footage to your pc and edit it, Adobe Premier is a personal favorite of mine. Adobe Premier has an abundance of tools and is very easy of use but of course it cost money (worth the money) if you don't want to pirate it. I've also used Sony Vegas in the past and that was an OK experience. I believe the PS4 has a built in editor too.

Yeah sorry stellar I was trying to stay awake but kept passing out and today is the first day of classes so figured it was better to try and get some sleep haha

I'm off today if someone wants to try and teach me how to trials this afternoon. I gotta go mow the yard right now.

I have no expectation of getting flawless first try so no pressure :)

It's so funny to me to see sites and people on here talking about how much of a failure TTK will be because the raid won't be available on day one. Then you go to reddit and read comments from people who actually play the game and the vast majority of them are in agreement that it's a better decision than unlocking it right away.

Whats funniest is you know they are noobs because all the raids have been delayed from launch including VOG right? or was it just HARD mode that was delayed? No reason for everyone to rush in and die, you need to be close to maxxed out with the best possible weapons. They are used to starting a game and going to the tower and buying maxed gear then going back and doing VOG and going gee that was easy. They have no idea what its like to do a raid when you can barely survive. It used to be much more difficult to make it and took like 4 teleports to kill atheon...if you live through the teleport that is...

I am looking forward to just doing most stuff on my hunter and not having to do everything 3x...but I'm torn cause I want to throw flaming hammers so bad.

If we only have to do weekly strikes once i wont get the 499 rep towards factions on my other two characters. :(

During an IGN interview Luke Smith talked about some kind of new Xur system where you increase chances of finding exotics in the open world by killing yellow enemies and other stuff. He made it sound like they dont want all the good stuff to come at the end of a results screen. So that sounds interesting. He also mentioned a lighting type of exotic auto rifle.

I have 50 etheric light and what is it good for? I hope they make some kind of exchange for these in TTK.

Im pretty much done with Destiny for the next two weeks. Got my Hunter to rank 5 this morning. Think im gunna get some iron banner bounties done on my other characters though so when those extra slots open up i can do the 5000 vanguard ones.

Vault of Glass wasn't available right away. Crota normal was and crota hard was delayed. When TDB launched, all anyone focused on was the raid. I think they want to avoid that type of situation again, so it would make sense to delay all future raids a couple weeks.

Well, got my lock and hunter to 5 last night.

Final haul were the boots for the titan and hunter, just because I thought they looked cool. Grabbed the etheric lights just because...

Tapped me out on glimmer though

And also spent some time running Dragon strikes with a friend, trying to get him his own Hopscotch. So what happens, RNG decides to give me a 2nd Hopscotch and dropped it with 3rd Eye, Braced frame and Hidden Hand :mrgreen: . Also had red dot sights, but not the OAS that I prefer. Still a beast as is so I left it alone and maxed it out.

Also Frosty One. Sorry we couldnt go flawless. We can try again another time. :cry:
No worries. I need to up my game and learn to push better. As it is, I usually end up trading instead of surviving the gunfight.

In any case, we got the 8 wins and I finished off my trials armor sets. IMO, the Hunter armor still looks the best while the titan looks like it should be walking the streets :lol:

People on reddit are complaining that the trailer just shows stuff we've already seen. People are just so ridiculous sometimes. We're 15 days away, I highly doubt we're going to get a lot of new stuff at this point. They have to keep a few things secret.

People on reddit are complaining that the trailer just shows stuff we've already seen. People are just so ridiculous sometimes. We're 15 days away, I highly doubt we're going to get a lot of new stuff at this point. They have to keep a few things secret.
You should see the gears of war forums, 75% of the threads are bitching, moaning, and more bitching. People are never satisfied.

bread's done
Back