Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

They also extended the Moments of Triumph deadline to 9/14/2015

What’s the best way to send off Year One of Destiny:
  • The Moments of Triumph have been extended to September 14, 2015 at 11:59 PM PDT (6:59 AM UTC). You can check your progress by visiting the Moments of Triumph progress page as part of your Legend
Awesome! I'll be gone all weekend until Tuesday evening so I thought I was SOL to finish that up. There's still hope! :whee:

What do you have left to do?
I just need to kill Skolas. I've tried going the LFG route but my luck has been poor in finding a good group. Most of the time people bail around the 3rd/4th round. A lot of them have been relatively newer Destiny players too which doesn't help things.

Year One bounties issues by Eris will be retired
Damn, thats 2 bounties of 5,000xp that will go to waste.

If you’re playing Destiny on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you’ll need around 18GB of hard drive space free.
fuck, i wont be able to download that in one day. So am i going to miss getting the test weapon from the gunsmith?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, thats 2 bounties of 5,000xp that will go to waste.

fuck, i wont be able to download that in one day. So am i going to miss getting the test weapon from the gunsmith?
I have to clear out some space from my HD, so back up videos and convince myself of deleting X or Y game. fuck I need a bigger HD

I just need to kill Skolas. I've tried going the LFG route but my luck has been poor in finding a good group. Most of the time people bail around the 3rd/4th round. A lot of them have been relatively newer Destiny players too which doesn't help things.
That sucks man, I lucked out and got it done when Burn was still around. Tried again and I just couldn't stand it, but I bet some of the guys know the right strategy to take him down

Hey 7 what was that Grimoire site you post awhile ago? I want to double check that I got all the grimoire cards from the wolves bounties

Seagate Backup Plus Portable STDR2000102 2 TB External Hard Drive STDR2000102 Hard Drives - External

That's the one I used it was around $90 and fairly easy to pop open and take the hard drive out of the enclosure

I got rid of my eris bounties because they are being retired, whatever that means. Im going to fill those two/three spots with my elder cypher, and a crucible bounty or two. Then after 2.0 i can shard my elder cypher weapon and do some vanguard bounties.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/639920673578549249

Man 7, you plN the shit out of your game. Don't get me wrong, it's cool and if you enjoy it awesome. I just don't have that kind of patience and time. It'd be a real thorn in my side to sit out their and make corrective measures every time I mess something up.

But seriously, I'm just going to play. I love the grind, I'm pumped to see my experience bar move along again. I was using an old Vindicator auto rifle that I had sitting in my vault that's basically a baby Suros and all I could think was how happy I'm going to be if auto rifles really do become usable again in a few days.

And daily grimoire update: 12 wins from 100 in salvage. Got with some good teams again but people kept dropping after a game or two. I had an absolutely epic game where I joined on a team that was down like 9000-7500. I thought about quitting, but decided to just stick it out. For some reason the other dudes weren't capping the point that came up, so I ran over and started and they joined me. Then we held it and fought off all the dudes that came in, got heavy, racked up a ton of kills and got the point, which put us at the win. The dudes that were playing were in a party and invited me to it after the game and we're just yelling about how crazy it was. I guess they had some guy who was 2-15ish before I joined. It was an intense 60 or so seconds but I'm glad a win came from it.

Totally thought I was going to make it to the lighthouse got 7 wins the lost one but had the mercy got another win and then lost the next match haha

Last week of Trials = no flawless for me. Damn internet still isn't on. I wish I could figure out why my neighbor's net doesn't allow me to join games in Destiny and have NAT errors in party chat. It's type 2 so it should be fine.

[quote name="The 7th Number" post="12902555" timestamp="1441337126"]I have at least 2 characters with the cypher that varicks keeps trying to give me. I wonder if this will be completed into the weapon instead. hmmmm[/quote]

Bungie help just confirmed this on their Twitter yesterday

I have like 4 exotic bounties and a cipher so I'm happy

So is there a quick-charge super exploit again, like the Ashes to Asset glitch from a few weeks back?

Because in about 25% of the games I've played in Trials so far this week, enemy team had supers on round 2.

Round. Two.

Stellar and a couple different people tried hard and got me 8 and 1 last night. I actually got better a little. Got snipes (final round sometimes but I dont even care!) Yes I am a scrublord. I even finished one round on top like a baller. I have never seen this map before because its not part of IB. So I didnt know where I was going half the time.

It was actually kind of fun though. I just have not concentrated on pvp very much at all. I just like to chill most of the time and the network lag is rage inducing when you are positive you would not have lost if it wasn't for the guy with the red bar not dying ever.

I did see the apparently super rare ship drop but dont remember if stellar got it or not...

I got the helmet and scout they were selling and a pistol was in my mail when I got back to the tower.

Thanks again for the run.

So is there a quick-charge super exploit again, like the Ashes to Asset glitch from a few weeks back?

Because in about 25% of the games I've played in Trials so far this week, enemy team had supers on round 2.

Round. Two.
I had a couple supers by round 2 last night. It can be due to time camping or getting all the kills for your team. If a team revives teammates and you get more kills, just gives you more super. Sometimes people have perks like nade kills give you more super, that could have factored in too. So i doubt it was some kind of glitch.

Yeah my hunter gets super really fast if I'm getting kills. I never find a good time to use it or I only run into one guy and waste it.
Thats one thing i hate about the hunter, there is no instant super. Both golden guns and bladedance have to be activated before use. Where as the titan smash and nova bomb can be used on the spot to get kills instantly, and if you die in the middle of it you still have it on respawn. If you die before you shoot a golden gun or kill someone with blade dance its lost. I was really hoping the new hunter super for void would be an instant kill super like the nova bomb or titan smash but i believe its another activate before use super.

Yeah if you get a couple kills or just have max intellect and the rounds run long you can get super pretty early. I actually got accused of hacking once because I got 5 kills to get my super and then used it to get 2 more in the first round once playing with random on Reddit when I forgot to grab a res kill sniper.

I actually like the hunters supers. Besides radiant skin sunsinger hunter has the best supers. They nearly always net you multiple kills. Nova bomb and fist of havoc are mostly used as panic supers and people don't get more than one kill most the time. Nova and fist imo are best used to kill a gunslinger/blade dance.

Dont get me wrong, i do like the hunters supers. I just meant it kind of sucks how the titan and warlock can instantly use a super to get a kill, and if they die in the middle of it they dont lose it. Hunter has more risk and reward. I like using golden guns because of the range and you can kill up to 4 people, win a whole round of trials just on the super alone. Unlike the titan smash and nova bomb, the hunter can kill multiple targets that arent close together. The new subclasses look like they are all activate first supers, not really sure about the warlock, but i know the hunter and titan have to be activated to use.

I had a couple supers by round 2 last night. It can be due to time camping or getting all the kills for your team. If a team revives teammates and you get more kills, just gives you more super. Sometimes people have perks like nade kills give you more super, that could have factored in too. So i doubt it was some kind of glitch.
Ashes to Asset (the +super from nade kills perk) might have factored in. The exploit wasn't actually patched out completely, and you can still get around 30% with one grenade if placed right. That must've been it, because it was like 3 separate matches that didn't run past 90 seconds AND the enemy team wouldn't get more than 3 kills + 3 revives divided between them. Oh, and my team would win round 1.

Grumble.

Ashes to Asset (the +super from nade kills perk) might have factored in. The exploit wasn't actually patched out completely, and you can still get around 30% with one grenade if placed right. That must've been it, because it was like 3 separate matches that didn't run past 90 seconds AND the enemy team wouldn't get more than 3 kills + 3 revives divided between them. Oh, and my team would win round 1.

Grumble.
All i can say is when i was playing last night i was a gunslinger with trip mine grenade. So i didnt use that one grenade that was glitched to get you a super fast. I do think that my helmet did have more super from nade kills. So that might have been helpful.

Gunslingers have a perk in their skilll tree that gives you super fast. Its also the best perk on that column to use.

Ive had matches where ive gotten 4 supers in one 5 round trials game. So its not unheard of.

Someone was saying that they are going to delete xp packages like the ones you get for the public events or whatever to keep us from power leveling...anyone else hear of such a thing? I think it was the usual thing with people talking out their butt, but since I've only been hoarding public event packages and nothing else really I'm curious if its total b.s. or not...

I would imagine it's total BS. If they were going to take away packages that people were saving they would have announced it already. People would rage if they tried to do that this close to the TTK release. I wouldn't be too surprised to see them take them out or change them with TTK, but I don't think they would remove old packages from the postmaster and if they did I would think they would announce that they were going to do it well in advance.

Big thanks to stellar and his buddy unicorn doctor for helping me get to the lighthouse last night man did they make it look easy!

Sweet. The unicorn magic probably put you over the top!

What do you get from the chest? I got a pistol from the 8 wins package...

Fuuuuuuuck, I want a messenger so bad. I should have gotten help getting it last week when it was on sale but I didnt realize they were stopping the game mode already and bringing it back later. 

Fuuuuuuuck, I want a messenger so bad. I should have gotten help getting it last week when it was on sale but I didnt realize they were stopping the game mode already and bringing it back later.
Maybe when they bring it back it will be with 2.0 weapons and not year 1 weapons. Also new/updated armor. Dont see why they would keep the armor and guns year 1 versions, then there would be no reason to play it unless its for fun or to get to the lighthouse. ;)

Just sayin... you guys would love the Hopscotch Pilgrim much more than the Messenger.  Roll it right and you've got one of the best pulse rifles currently in-game.  Of course you only have today and tomorrow to have any reasonable shot at getting one.

The elemental burn is the only thing that would make me choose a  Messenger over HP.

I'm almost done with my TTK prep work.  Need a few more 5k bounties on my warlock and then finish a bunch on my titan.  Also need to finish maxing out the marks on my titan.  My glimmer is maxed out and I've been hoarding the consumables in my vault. 

Keep running Dragon strikes in case another HP drops, but it's really just to have a more enjoyable experience grinding those Ogre & Hydra kills.  Plus it also gives me at least 2 glimmer consumables per run as well as those Vanguard/Cryptarch packages.

Even bought a new Vestian Dynasty just to work on those sidearm kills. 

bread's done
Back