Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

What's the MAX attack level for TTK weapons?  Our current max guns will be 170 under TTK's system

Guess I should have cashed in those Queen's bounties for Archon-Slayer since those are gone, as per the app.

Download is taking 8 years even on my excellent Verizon Fios connection.

Oh wow! On the app, it shows all year 1 exotics as having their blueprints unlocked! You can apparently buy Thorn that way, and even Nechrocasm (I never got Crux). Same for Pocket Infinity. I never even got the bounty for that one.

Oh wow! On the app, it shows all year 1 exotics as having their blueprints unlocked! You can apparently buy Thorn that way, and even Nechrocasm (I never got Crux). Same for Pocket Infinity. I never even got the bounty for that one.
Darn you for getting my hopes up on finally getting the Fourth Horseman. I don't have a missing spot for it so I assume that the Playstation exclusivity of it keeps it off the blueprint tracker until Xbox gets it. Boo!

TTK trophy list is also showing on the app.  Gonna hafta fix that 84% plat ;)

EDIT:  oops, I'm talking about the PSN app

Last edited by a moderator:
The new bounties are all low XP, 2500-3000 each.  No more 5k?

Year 1 exotics require 1 exotic shard + 2500 glimmer to purchase.

Year 2 exotics require 125 of some new medallion/coin.  Yay for new currency item :roll:

EDIT: year 2 armors use the above. Year 2 exotic weapons cost 150 of the new currency.

Those are legendary marks. They replace vanguard and crucible marks. You can only hold 200 at a time, but they can be used for all characters and there is no more limit to the amount of marks you can earn in a week.

Those are legendary marks. They replace vanguard and crucible marks. You can only hold 200 at a time, but they can be used for all characters and there is no more limit to the amount of marks you can earn in a week.
Gotcha. That 200 limit already seems like a problem. Hopefully we do earn them quick, like they said.

Only Rift today. Mayhem opens up over the weekend.

Rift is pretty dumb. People just camp the spark spawn area, and then if the other team gets it, they just run back to their rift and activate supers. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have made spark spawn locations random or something.
Rift will need to be played with teams. Everyone just camps out by the spawn and waits until one person runs in and grabs it. This person is then immediately killed (or runs off alone with no backup and never makes it to the spark). The videos made it look so much more compelling. I think they really need to move the spawns around the map. Its WAY to easy for people with snipers to camp.

From what i saw, 3000 xp was the new max for vanguard bounties, all the crucible bounties were 2500xp i think.

Cryptarch went from 2400 to level up, to 3000, and engrams went down from 90 something to 62? with nightfall bonus.

My queen bounty that was worth 5,500xp disappeared. Drat!

So it sounds like those things are going to take longer to level up. Which makes me not want to level up anything this week. Since i think we still get year 1 things by doing so. Does anyone know if doing quests gives you vanguard rep?

Is there a reason why my helmet shows up in the options menu, and sometimes it doesnt? Is there a button i can press to put it on or remove it?

I want to do quests so bad, but I know it's better to wait until next week so I can apply that XP toward level 40 and my new subclass.

Not sure if it's on reddit yet, but if you have rank 25 of a faction, they give you a quest that has a reward of "Armor Upgrade" which shows of the yellow variety.

Gotcha. That 200 limit already seems like a problem. Hopefully we do earn them quick, like they said.
Not sure how it would be a problem. You would never need more than 200 to buy something, and once you get under 200 you can start earning them again. It's more a very minor inconvenience.

Not sure how it would be a problem. You would never need more than 200 to buy something, and once you get under 200 you can start earning them again. It's more a very minor inconvenience.
That's the rub... hit 200 go buy something, as in stop what you're doing and get to the tower to buy it. Then go back and earn more and repeat.

And the 200 is a shared account now, so you'll be hitting the cap pretty fast.

I want to do quests so bad, but I know it's better to wait until next week so I can apply that XP toward level 40 and my new subclass.
Not sure if it's on reddit yet, but if you have rank 25 of a faction, they give you a quest that has a reward of "Armor Upgrade" which shows of the yellow variety.
The new subclasses are unlocked via a quest. I would assume that if you do that quest first, you could equip it during the campaign and have it ready by the time you finish it.

The quests give some XP but it's not that much in the grand scheme of things. I picked them up and will get them organically. Not gonna grind out quests before the DLC drops,

I just ran around picking up stuff and putting stuff in the vault. I need to do that on one more character. Then I guess I can do something...

I got a free queens breaker bowww thing. Now I only need the dregs garbage gun and ram and I'll have every year one exotic. 

So nightfall should know I dont have ram and give me it right??? and then I should do a 28 POE and dreg will drop from the chest right???

Anyone want to do nightfalls in like 30-60 minutes?

I just ran around picking up stuff and putting stuff in the vault. I need to do that on one more character. Then I guess I can do something...

I got a free queens breaker bowww thing. Now I only need the dregs garbage gun and ram and I'll have every year one exotic.

So nightfall should know I dont have ram and give me it right??? and then I should do a 28 POE and dreg will drop from the chest right???

Anyone want to do nightfalls in like 30-60 minutes?
I'm down for a NF. Still need to do it with my Hunter. It's super quick.

EDIT: Just started the NF. Join when you get on.

Good grief, I just started the download... 17 hours left!?!   :wall:  :wall:

I guess I'll do laundry, go to the gym, eat dinner... and then I'll still have like 16 hours left. Lame sauce.

Yeah I had my ps4 in rest mode from 12-9:40 and only at 60% downloaded with 3 hours left guess I won't be able to play it tonight haha

started the download a few minutes after it dropped (noon today?). as of now I'm at 5.5 gig and 16 hours to go. 

efff.

thiiiiis.

(although it made me start reading (reading!) the Martian. pretty good so far.)

That would have been me langdon if my sister wasnt nice enough to let me go to her house and use her 20mbps internet speed. Took me 3 hours instead of 20+.

I guess im being forced to wear my helmet in the tower, because if i choose to have it off i cant see my helmet when in the character screen, or see what my helmet looks like when previewing shaders. Lame. I hate people who wear helmets in the tower, now i hate myself.

So far all ive done is run around the tower and then do the three 3,000xp vanguard bounties. I dont want to level much up so i dont see me playing a whole lot until next tuesday when things actually count. Till then ill just fill up the rest of my bounty slots.

I don't think internet speed has much to do with it. I have 65 mbps and it took 7 hours.

How do some of you have the Suros stuff already? I preordered TTK but didn't get the shader/emblem package.

I don't think internet speed has much to do with it. I have 65 mbps and it took 7 hours.

How do some of you have the Suros stuff already? I preordered TTK but didn't get the shader/emblem package.
I had to pause and restart the download a few times, because once in a while it would slow down bad. Maybe that happened to you while you were away?

The suros package was in the postmaster when i logged in with my first character.

Doubt I'm playing tonight.

Download has been so screwy... I've actually downloaded more in my time home than it did all day long.  It seems to fluctuate from 2gb an hour down to 2mb an hour.

Was estimating 2 more hours to finish, but now it's telling me 7 hours,  :bs:

lol 5hr download finally shut everything that uses the internet in my house about an hour ago and it zipped up to about 10mb/s got last 4gbs in about 30min 

started the download a few minutes after it dropped (noon today?). as of now I'm at 5.5 gig and 16 hours to go.

efff.

thiiiiis.

(although it made me start reading (reading!) the Martian. pretty good so far.)
Download took forever, then got started completed 2 NFs in 16 mins or something like that (those are the best) Last Word & Dance Machines (looking at you 7th) .

Wow I'm not a fan of Nolan at all. He sounds too buddy buddy imo or i don't know what it is that just doesn't click. Too used to Dinklebot maybe. Also is it me or did they add more sharpness or overall brightness, guess it must be the new UI. All in all I think I'm just going back to DAI and Batman and will just keep an eye open for TTK stuff here. I do hope some reviews come out before the release, but I doubt it.

Have played a few of the new Crucible maps, here are my thoughts:

THE GOOD:

Frontier: Loved it. Aesthetic of Skyshock & Twilight gap. Lots of great sight lines, awesome flanking potential, and fairly open.

Vertigo: Looks cool, has a pac-man-esque portal thats neat but didnt get enough usage. A little confusing at first, but its SO pretty!

THE BAD:

Drifter:  Whoever designed the spawn points should be slapped. Little effort required to spawn-camp.

Memento: CoD-bait clusterfuck meat grinder camp fest. This map is awful.

*edit* typo for map name fixed

I didnt get to do anything I tried to get back on and my wife ended my run early. She got an infection from a mosquito bite, then the first antibiotic gave her a rash, the second made her so sick she couldnt get out of bed... fuck mosquitoes. I had to go to cvs and pick up another perscription to treat the side effects of the antibiotic LOL. Thanks obama.

I caved in and played some pvp, leveling up my crucible in the process. I got some motes and coins i think along with a helmet. But im regretting it, so far all ive gotten from crucible were motes, strange coins, and blue armor/weapons that suck. Rift isnt much fun at all. I know its early but the game requires too much teamwork to play with randoms. People just camp the destination and shoot me down when i get close enough. Maybe it was a bad map for that game type. Speaking of maps, so far i think a lot of the maps are too CQC again. I dont understand why they make maps so closed in with corners and cover everywhere. It promotes people to use shotguns, and the only time you can use scout rifles or snipers is if you camp a specific area. Its odd because i used to love getting new maps when i played COD. I dont get as excited for new destiny maps. I even feel like they arent as good as older halo maps.

The Nathan Drake-bot is worse than Dinklebot ever was.  Did they just have him do the same lines over and run it through a "Make me sound like a robot" app?  Seriously sounds like Nathan Drake and C-3PO had a baby.

I had a few exotic bounties open, but they were still in the "choose your exotic" phase.  It still shows in the menu but when I go to the bounty board I never get an option to pick a bounty.  I'm guessing there is no way to progress them now?  I did have 2 Thorn bounties left at the last stage so it was nice to not have to run that strike 2 more times to get my exotic shards.

EDIT: I have a spare red bull code if anyone still needs one.  Please be someone active in the thread.  Even better if you play on XB1 as well and can help me get to the lighthouse when trials comes back. :bow:

I actually was somewhat bored with the new style of the game but friends made it fun. I don't see myself playing solo with this new spray and pray meta. Game feels much slower and sluggish and casual friendly which is what they wanted. Anyways at the end of the night ran into a group of streamers (triple wrecks good friends) and we ended up playing rift 6v6 and it was really fun playing competitive against good players with no heavy allowed. Those are the only matches I had a blast in.

I picked up new bounties from Xander as well as some mission ones but they don't show up in my menu. I have still been able to complete them. There is just no way to track them

EDIT: Ah, never mind. I realize they are located all the way to the left now and you have to manually track them

I actually was somewhat bored with the new style of the game but friends made it fun. I don't see myself playing solo with this new spray and pray meta. Game feels much slower and sluggish and casual friendly which is what they wanted. Anyways at the end of the night ran into a group of streamers (triple wrecks good friends) and we ended up playing rift 6v6 and it was really fun playing competitive against good players with no heavy allowed. Those are the only matches I had a blast in.
I caved in and played some pvp, leveling up my crucible in the process. I got some motes and coins i think along with a helmet. But im regretting it, so far all ive gotten from crucible were motes, strange coins, and blue armor/weapons that suck. Rift isnt much fun at all. I know its early but the game requires too much teamwork to play with randoms. People just camp the destination and shoot me down when i get close enough. Maybe it was a bad map for that game type. Speaking of maps, so far i think a lot of the maps are too CQC again. I dont understand why they make maps so closed in with corners and cover everywhere. It promotes people to use shotguns, and the only time you can use scout rifles or snipers is if you camp a specific area. Its odd because i used to love getting new maps when i played COD. I dont get as excited for new destiny maps. I even feel like they arent as good as older halo maps.
Yup I feel like they are now just going for the masses. They are probably just going to try and cover both ends with COD and Destiny, modeling the formulas to attract and get as many players (and their $) as possible. I'll try some crucible today to see what's up, but overall PvP solo is just no fun.

The Nathan Drake-bot is worse than Dinklebot ever was. Did they just have him do the same lines over and run it through a "Make me sound like a robot" app? Seriously sounds like Nathan Drake and C-3PO had a baby.

I had a few exotic bounties open, but they were still in the "choose your exotic" phase. It still shows in the menu but when I go to the bounty board I never get an option to pick a bounty. I'm guessing there is no way to progress them now? I did have 2 Thorn bounties left at the last stage so it was nice to not have to run that strike 2 more times to get my exotic shards.

EDIT: I have a spare red bull code if anyone still needs one. Please be someone active in the thread. Even better if you play on XB1 as well and can help me get to the lighthouse when trials comes back. :bow:
Yeah the ghost is now too buddy buddy for my own taste. It fits Nathan Drake, but it just doesn't fit this character (imo), or maybe its cause he remind me of Nathan Drake. Heck doing the NF and listening to the "Well at least he is chained up" just sounded wrong.

So what does the red bull code do? Just a mission and boost xp?

I gave up on the DL last night and let it do it's thing overnight.

Hopped in for a quick Nightfall and pulled a new Suros.

I'm gonna be the grumpy old man and say I'm hating most of the aesthetic changes.  It's like someone broke into my house and rearranged the furniture.  I want to put it back the way it was only... they glued everything down :bomb: (maybe I'll feel different after my download rage subsides).

-old intro music was hopeful and inviting. New intro music is ominous (which will get old real quick)

-all those quest lines I'm seeing already feel like too much work :lol:

-and NoNoBot... sigh.  Han shot first, I mean... Dinklebot was better.  Wasn't sure what to make of it during the previews.  Now that I've heard him thru the Phogoth Strike, I can say he feels out of place.  Glock already said it, but the first thought that came to my mind was "C-3PO"

It's like Bungie went out and hired "Y2k George Lucas" to fix Destiny, like he "fixed" Star Wars.  Next thing you know, Tess will come back as TskTsk Rees and Lord Shaxx will be one great big cuddly furball from the forest moon (that got cut out of the game) ;) .

I did 3 of banshees test guns in 15 minutes. The other 2 had to be done in pvp and required 10 kills with the sniper and fusion rifle. Now im rank 1 with banshee, but nothing new came up after i hit rank 1. Not sure if i want to do the pvp guns with the other characters, but since the pve guns went so fast ill probably knock those out quick on my other two characters.

In other news i actually played on first light in a control match, without vehicles. It was nice to go back there. If you dont know what map im talking about its the one on the moon they used to have in control, but then took it out.

So I bought a Red Bull, entered the code, code said it was already used (thanks, thieves!), emailed red bull, and still haven't heard back. 

at what point do I panic?

or drink another red bull and enter that code?

I did 3 of banshees test guns in 15 minutes. The other 2 had to be done in pvp and required 10 kills with the sniper and fusion rifle. Now im rank 1 with banshee, but nothing new came up after i hit rank 1. Not sure if i want to do the pvp guns with the other characters, but since the pve guns went so fast ill probably knock those out quick on my other two characters.

In other news i actually played on first light in a control match, without vehicles. It was nice to go back there. If you dont know what map im talking about its the one on the moon they used to have in control, but then took it out.
Haha that huge map is a lot of fun. I totally forgot it even existed, why did they take it out to begin with?

I picked up a few weapons from the gunsmith. Do I have to complete all of them to get a reward next week? I finished 2 but have no desire or energy to do them all

When I Hit up the Gunsmith, he had zip in the way of weapon testing stuff. Am I going to the wrong place, or....

Also the cryptarch had zero engrams, if that helps explain anything.

I mirror Frosty's thoughts on the UI:

They moved quest/bounty tracking two spaces to the left to its own tab, where the Roster used to be. I used the roster page WAY more than the inventory page (save for quick-checks on bounty progress and the occasional heavy synth popping), so making it a step further away to access just seems dumb.

*Yes I know Roster is still there*

The director/star-map is nice...but not improved. Crucible and Strike Playlists "blend" with the rest of the planets instead of being easily marked on the right side.

I suppose I'll play through the story again just to hear Drake2-D2.

Thorn is still awesome in PVP, and the dot stacking higher is exactly what I've always wanted. The range nerf is REAL though, accuracy suffers hardcore.

Glad to see the inventory system is more in-line with what people were saying it should've been a week after launch.

Just got my first slayer medal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frybb2sEOB8
fangirling.gif

Hahaha I always thought the announcer was pretty solid, and to the point...that thought is now gone :rofl: . Seriously why didn't they just go Halo style, "Double kill", "Triple Kill"...etc etc. Nice streak btw.

Edit: Just re-watched it. You got 3 down in one shot:

VmxuFNk.jpg

The gunsmith stuff didn't go live until 10 pacific time, so if you were on before that you probably just missed it. I finished all of the weapons on my hunter earlier. The PvE ones were no problem. The PvP ones were a little harder, but since most people were using those guns it wasn't that bad. I got both guns done in 4 or 5 games. The sniper rifle isn't too bad, but the fusion has pretty low range and a super slow charge time. I got in some truly terrible gun battles against people who were also using it.

Derp, that should be first Reaper medal. Oh well. 

But yeah, first shot I got a triple kill. They were all just bunched together there, and then one random dude was off to my left when I happened to turn. You'll notice in the video I was super slow about turning because I was shocked anyone was left at that point.

And I probably won't do the sniper PVP gun since I tried it for 2 games and didn't get a single kill with it.

bread's done
Back