Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

I got called out for a slayer medal on my titan too...but just one...I went flawless (thanks stellar LOL) once but they highlighted the 2 skolas kills instead.

My god, I knew I liked the Mida but 8,442 kills, yeesh, that's a lot. And top 1% in PoE Psion kills. that's pretty granular.

And if I'm top 6% in Iron Banner kills, then NO ONE plays Iron Banner, because I only participate once every two or three times it's up.

That character video generator thing showcases some weird stats. It still picked pve stuff a few times for mine when I know I play a ton more pvp. Kind of cool how it puts your name in the video though.

So now that we can have access to all emblems, shaders, ships and sparrows that we've acquired, I find myself buying crap so I can complete the sets. Curse this poke-mon-itis

This is kind of fun...7 is going to be like top 1% of everything (so is his hetero-life-mate jimmy) https://www.destinythegame.com/legend-of-you
Yes, so simple and so fun to do.

I got Deadeye, Unstoppable and Cabal Destroyer

Over by Eva Levante.
See, I'm only finding the shader and emblem kiosks... unless I'm just plain missing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ship and sparrow kiosks are on the right next to the woman who sells ships. By Dead Orbit and the Vauguard Outfitter.
yeah, but I've been trying to find the special orders kiosk. The one they used to replace Tess. It was by Eva, but not seeing anymore

yeah, but I've been trying to find the special orders kiosk. The one they used to replace Tess. It was by Eva, but not seeing anymore
I think its been eliminated. Promotional shaders are in shaders kiosk, promotional emblems are in emblems. Same with the hot rod sparrow, its in the sparrow kiosk. The only thing i dont think you can get back is the collectors edition ghost shell, which is why they warned people to grab it before 2.0 update if they deleted it. So tess is gone, and irrelevant now.

I just realized the other day that the CE ghost shell was fully upgradable. I was about to shard it because it only had 3 defense. Then I saw all the perks and 280 possible light level.

I just realized the other day that the CE ghost shell was fully upgradable. I was about to shard it because it only had 3 defense. Then I saw all the perks and 280 possible light level.
Wow, I had no idea. I bought new ghosts on 2 characters but still had the LE version active on my Warlock. I leveled up a couple nodes but didn't even realize it until reading your post.

How many posts on reddit, Bungie forums, and gamefaqs tomorrow that will be saying all the TTK content was already on disc because the patch was only a few mb?

I just realized the other day that the CE ghost shell was fully upgradable. I was about to shard it because it only had 3 defense. Then I saw all the perks and 280 possible light level.
Damn it... didn't pay attention that you could infuse it. Actually, didn't think that was even an option for the ghost shells.

I've already sharded a few duplicate ghosts that dropped during pvp, where I could have used them for infusion :wall: .

Thanks for mentioning this. I probably wouldn't have ever noticed. :applause:

Was just told something interesting from my Gamestop... I can stop in at 9pm tonight to pick up my preorder for TTK.

No need to wait 'til tomorrow.

Are you talking about the frontier ghost shell or another one?
yup

Damn it... didn't pay attention that you could infuse it. Actually, didn't think that was even an option for the ghost shells.

I've already sharded a few duplicate ghosts that dropped during pvp, where I could have used them for infusion :wall: .

Thanks for mentioning this. I probably wouldn't have ever noticed. :applause:
Yep, like I said I was just going to delete it when I saw it was only 3 armor. But then I noticed all the possible perks it had. Seems you need legendary marks to upgrade it so I think I will hold onto it until tomorrow. O:)

Yep, like I said I was just going to delete it when I saw it was only 3 armor. But then I noticed all the possible perks it had. Seems you need legendary marks to upgrade it so I think I will hold onto it until tomorrow. O:)
I wonder if I redeem the code now if it will show up at the postmaster?

Another? Which was the first one?
There were actually 27 of them that many of us redeemed a year ago! They added two more since then, and the one I posted above is new with TTK. Now there are actually THIRTY free codes in total.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/wiki/redeemablecodes
If you use Chrome, I strongly suggest scrolling down to the Auto-Script section.

PS: The emblems/shaders should go directly to your emblem/shader collection kiosks near Eva Levante, but some of them are still glitchy with the change to kiosks and may not show up yet YMMV.

SURGEON MARS007, THE BANE OF ATHEON (Titan)

INVULNERABLE MARS007, THE ADJUDICATOR (Warlock)

CENTURION MARS007, THE UNRESTRAINED (Hunter)

Seems like for all my guardians I was at top 6% or 5% percentage for Crucible kills and other PvP related crap, not bad considering I do OK at it. 1 Flawless  :whistle2:k 

Haha they must have a very weird string randomizer going on. Sigh I really tried to resist pre-ordering, and yet I felt for it, now just got to keep up with the masses again. 

Is there another big update that we have to download or anything along those lines? I assumed the one from last week and the small one that popped up yesterday was all we needed. Either way....now I'm pumped 

Is there another big update that we have to download or anything along those lines? I assumed the one from last week and the small one that popped up yesterday was all we needed. Either way....now I'm pumped
Yup you should be good to go. It seems all you download at this point is an "unlock key" that does take a few minutes to get passed the preparing to download phase. Once it gets past that it's instantly done.

For everyone else. It seems 16 bounties nearly throw you from 34 to 40. And if you use a focused light or collectors class item you don't even need 16 bounties. So leveling takes around 10 minutes to an hour at most.

Yup you should be good to go. It seems all you download at this point is an "unlock key" that does take a few minutes to get passed the preparing to download phase. Once it gets past that it's instantly done.

For everyone else. It seems 16 bounties nearly throw you from 34 to 40. And if you use a focused light or collectors class item you don't even need 16 bounties. So leveling takes around 10 minutes to an hour at most.
Serious? Wow so it should take no time to get all Crucible bounties done today then. Crap now I regret not doing my sub class quests :wall:

It's a good thing you didn't do the subclass quests because some weren't giving the rewards right. I held off cause I wanted all my emblems and class items.

Leveling is a joke and my warlock subclass is about 60% unlocked. So I'm happy I should have all classes maxed and at level 40 in the next day or two. Now if only I didn't have to work.

Stayed up for reset and feel like a zombie now :lol:

Agree that hitting 40 is easy, especially if you had bank'd a bunch of bounties.

In my case, I hit 35 with the intro & subclass mission, plus 1-2 care packages. Grabbed my new subclass, then turned in my old 5k bounties and hit 40.  Turned in the remaining 3k bounties in order to keep unlocking Nightstalker nodes.

The tough part has been increasing Light level through RNG(why does that sound familiar) ;) . I was still locked out of activities because my light was too low. In my two hours I only got green gear, except for two blue sidearms (one higher than the other) and a class item (better than the exotic but like I'm taking that off right now).

BTW, a couple of jumps sucked on my hunter.  Had to put on my jumping boots to make it.  Made for funny deaths though.  Hunters need that extra jump to be made permanent

EDIT:  forgot to mention, the cryptarch packages I opened gave me a Gally... troll-lo-lol

If you redeemed the new emblem code you saw this message at the end:

What day might you parrot long john silver, and what code might you enter?

Anyone know or figure it out??? 

Remember bungie codes are 9 digits long and don't use certain characters.

So I don't know if I'm screwed our what but I didn't get my moments of triumph emblem. When I got back to the website it now says I have 0/20 golden chests. Some people online were saying they have the same issue.

For being so active the day before it releases, I was hoping for a brief summary of what Seven did today. So is TTK worth it so far? Story wise and longevity of the new content?  

Man the daily being 41 seems like BS. We got destroyed by those guys in no time. Also what are people saying about not being able to get as many marks from strikes and what not? Didn't they say we could get as many as we played for? 

Just a friendly FYI, but you can only order 1 of the purple Arms day items from the Gunsmith. I have him ranked to level 1, I'm hoping that goes up w/ increased levels.

bread's done
Back