Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

I thought that Last Word quest would be tough. You basically have to get kills/streaks with TLW equipped in crucible. I'm terrible with that gun, so I though I'd suck. But then I just got 64% in my first game, so I'm off to a good start.

I thought that Last Word quest would be tough. You basically have to get kills/streaks with TLW equipped in crucible. I'm terrible with that gun, so I though I'd suck. But then I just got 64% in my first game, so I'm off to a good start.
fuck off!

17% after 2 matches. I, sir, suck with that gun. Of course using it in Rift yesterday just seemed like a bad idea.

randoms:

"Fingertips in my brain" (or whatever Eris' stupid quote is) is my new prog-rock band name.

WHERE MY HAMMER BROS AT!

(or my Greased Lightning's)

(or my Hawkguy's. Because that Super is sad. and forgettable. like Hawkeye.)

Noticed that Destiny Taken King was $35 TIV this morning at BB. Went home, grabbed my car and off to BB right away and heck yeah $38 back into my pocket. I payed $51 for my copy, using a $48 gift card i got for trading GTA 5 last week and some change  :D/ .

Just looked again and the TIV is now down to $0.25 thank god I didn't wait   :beer:

Got my last 2 toons up to 40 and unlocked their respective sub-class.  Also have all 3 right around 200 light; had the best RNG-ness on my warlock (210 light).

One of my purple drops was a Sublime engram, which my friend said is the best kind to get.  So I guess that's a new thing.

Oh, our fireteam also got the Taken public events, while on patrol.  And they were actually kinda challenging (we got one with a mini-me crota).  BTW, those taken Captains are bigger Dickensteins than the regular captains; get the fuck out of here with that vortex attack :bomb:

We also did a few VIP kills and they weren't pushovers either.  Caught me by surprise when I went to do the first one.  They were all recommended level 40/light 220, which makes me wonder how tough they'll be once we reach max levels

Got my last 2 toons up to 40 and unlocked their respective sub-class. Also have all 3 right around 200 light; had the best RNG-ness on my warlock (210 light).

One of my purple drops was a Sublime engram, which my friend said is the best kind to get. So I guess that's a new thing.

Oh, our fireteam also got the Taken public events, while on patrol. And they were actually kinda challenging (we got one with a mini-me crota). BTW, those taken Captains are bigger Dickensteins than the regular captains; get the fuck out of here with that vortex attack :bomb:

We also did a few VIP kills and they weren't pushovers either. Caught me by surprise when I went to do the first one. They were all recommended level 40/light 220, which makes me wonder how tough they'll be once we reach max levels
Man I'm still only on my Titan and manage to get him to 210 somehow, I did get a legendary chest for my Hunter of course. So does anyone think Xur will actually bring something new this week? I feel he will bring only year one stuff :spam:

Yup you should be good to go. It seems all you download at this point is an "unlock key" that does take a few minutes to get passed the preparing to download phase. Once it gets past that it's instantly done.
A few minutes my @ss! Preparing to download took me at least 15mins with the actual DL taking less than a min. Im guessing its "scanning" the data already installed to determine what you need to DL, but 15mins?! Stupid PS4 -_-. The same thing happened with Witcher 3, but MGS5 patch DL instantly...weird.

Man I'm still only on my Titan and manage to get him to 210 somehow, I did get a legendary chest for my Hunter of course. So does anyone think Xur will actually bring something new this week? I feel he will bring only year one stuff :spam:
Yeah, the xp boost and my bounties really helped a lot. Still need to play the story past the dreadnaught. , which I want to do tonight

And you know Xur will have all new stuff... how else is he gonna troll the NON-TTK players ;)

Strikes are pretty cool now. When you kill the boss, you just see a bunch of engrams drop.

Finished that last word part of the quest. First match I got to 64% and then it took me like 5 more to get the rest. I was averaging a 2+ kd each time. Then the next part makes you buy something from the cryptarch for 15000 glimmer. What a dick that cryptarch is.

Strikes are pretty cool now. When you kill the boss, you just see a bunch of engrams drop.

Finished that last word part of the quest. First match I got to 64% and then it took me like 5 more to get the rest. I was averaging a 2+ kd each time. Then the next part makes you buy something from the cryptarch for 15000 glimmer. What a dick that cryptarch is.
Yeah I like the piñata bosses. Played the strike against the two brothers and man was that a blast.

You must have had a helluva game to get 64% in one match. I had a 16-1 game and only went up 22%. The death penalty on that quest seems way too high. You basically have to average a 2.0+ to make any progress and that's something that a lot of people are never going to be able to do legitimately.

You must have had a helluva game to get 64% in one match. I had a 16-1 game and only went up 22%. The death penalty on that quest seems way too high. You basically have to average a 2.0+ to make any progress and that's something that a lot of people are never going to be able to do legitimately.
This was the game I had 64% in:

http://destinytracker.com/dg/3501326462

Not sure why it says Rumble, but it was a Control game.

Yeah how they calculate the % is stupid, I went to 60% in 3 matches (2 controls, 1 clash) on Tuesday night, but yesterday after 4 matches of control and ending with an average of 1.4k/d I went down to 28! Two matches with 2+ k/d put me back at 63% though... I just hope to finish it today.

Man how are some of you guys at 280? I keep getting nothing from the Dicktard, but my friends got 2nd year armors out of their engrams last night  :wall: 

Man how are some of you guys at 280? I keep getting nothing from the Dicktard, but my friends got 2nd year armors out of their engrams last night :wall:
play some crucible they are consistently rewarding legendary armor engrams, also make sure that you are at the highest light level that you can be at the moment of opening the engrams because the light level of your gear/weapons will be higher or lower depending on your current light level.

There's so much to do in TTK that I actually feel a little overwhelmed with Destiny for the first time since it launched. Which is a good thing and it's awesome... I think.  :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the story on my Hunter and my plan was to jump into strikes for better loot.  Of course, I got side-tracked by news of a new loot cave and infinite loot-chest so I gave that a go for a while.

Loot cave never really panned out for me and the infinite-loot chest was also sketchy.  I did get enough flakes for Shaxx's sword though.

But all that work and I barely scratched 231 light.  Really hope the continuous strikes buff comes through with good gear. 

Is the 15 legendary marks guaranteed from the daily(or is it weekly) crucible? I just went into a rift game, from the crucible icon on the main screen. It dropped me into a game in progress, which my team won, and I didn't get jack.

I was thinking 300 for normal, maybe 310 for hard. I probably won't raid for a couple weeks, but I'll definitely watch some streams of it tomorrow.
I might watch some of it too, although if it's anything like when I watched Crota at release that might not be very long. I think I watched people struggle at the bridge way too long.

I'm guessing most of you are going in right when it drops, but if anyone wants to check out the raid a little later I'm hoping to put a group together after I get home from work. It will probably be around 8pm pacific time. I'm going to try to fight the urge to check out raid stuff at work and go in blind.

So all the exotics that Xur has are supposed to be light lvl 280 and up right? Also was the engram always 19 coins or am I going nuts?

So all the exotics that Xur has are supposed to be light lvl 280 and up right? Also was the engram always 19 coins or am I going nuts?
engrams used to be 23 motes of light whereas weapons were 19 strange coins compared to the 31 strange coins they are now.

No wonder they increased the drop rate for strange coins.. Everything is so fkn expensive! And I can't even use the gear I just bought! (don't own ttk coz region issues)

Hit 283 last night with a bit of luck; got 4th Horseman from a blue engram, then bought Xur's engrams for an exotic helmet.

Was able to get new helms for the hunter, Skyburners annex & Graviton Forfeit as well as Year 2 versions of Nighthawk & Knucklehead.

In between, I also ended up with Year 2 versions Obsidian Mind, Light Beyond Nemesis, Skullfort & Helm Saint-14 (plus sharded about 5 dupes of the above helms). EDIT: D'oh, forgot about the Stag helm

I was a dope though and bought 2 weapon engrams, not realizing they were the legacy engram... got double gally... troll-lol-lo

Anyway, may not like my full set-up but I should be good for the raid. Now to see if I have enough friends that are also ready.

Legacy engrams are suppose be year 1 levels, but the rest should be year 2 levels (280)

BTW, anyone see a place to exchange materials into different currency (besides faction rep). Looks like it got pulled with the TTK patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit this raid looks super frustrating and annoying. I know once everything is figured out it won't be that bad, but it almost seems like Bungie went overboard. VOG had the perfect balance between mechanics and combat, Crota had too much combat, and Oryx is way too heavy on the mechanics.

Holy shit this raid looks super frustrating and annoying. I know once everything is figured out it won't be that bad, but it almost seems like Bungie went overboard. VOG had the perfect balance between mechanics and combat, Crota had too much combat, and Oryx is way too heavy on the mechanics.
QFT.

They designed it on the premise of "NO Cheese" allowed. Bungie's still butt-hurt from the Crota raid :booty:

Don't expect to see any solo clears of King's Fall

Do you get anything besides XP for doing the year one story missions again? I remember reading a tweet or something a few weeks ago about bungie saying "you're going to want to do the story again". So I have been doing them here and there, but wondering if I should stop wasting my time until I finish TTK story.

Do you get anything besides XP for doing the year one story missions again? I remember reading a tweet or something a few weeks ago about bungie saying "you're going to want to do the story again". So I have been doing them here and there, but wondering if I should stop wasting my time until I finish TTK story.
All I can think of is the primary/secondary/heavy/armour upgrades. Nothing else special really.

Man the drop rate for the special items you have to farm for the exotic sword quest is ridiculous. I spent 2 hours farming helium for the special drops last night and only got 5 out of 10. That quest and the insanely long chain to unlock the weekly crucible bounties are making me crazy.

Man the drop rate for the special items you have to farm for the exotic sword quest is ridiculous. I spent 2 hours farming helium for the special drops last night and only got 5 out of 10. That quest and the insanely long chain to unlock the weekly crucible bounties are making me crazy.
*Content :)

Got my first taste of the the KF raid.  Went in as a 5-toon team and did fine figuring things out.  We were all 280's or lower.

Not to spoil anything... but make sure you go in with a full fireteam.  We reached a point where the game mechanic is gonna require 6 bodies to proceed (at least we think).

Anyway,  we then went to farm exotics ;) .  Used the Draksis mission and walked away with Hereafter, Year2 Suros & Invective & Alpha Lupi, Sealed Ahamkara Grasps.  Actually had dupes for a couple of them, like Alpha Lupi.  Keeping both for now because one set has Solar burn defense and the other has Arc burn defense.  Figure they'll both come in handy. 

AND it also brings up a good point... don't dismantle exotic armor dupes so quickly.  Pay attention to the stats and the perks.  The primary perk will always be the same but the follow-up perks can vary.  Remember, the rules have changed in year 2

I'm now up to 291

got my Warlock to lvl 40 and then, with the guns I transferred over from my Titan, from 190 light to 243. Strikes for gear and then hopefully another Nightfall.

bread's done
Back