Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Got my first taste of the the KF raid. Went in as a 5-toon team and did fine figuring things out. We were all 280's or lower.

Not to spoil anything... but make sure you go in with a full fireteam. We reached a point where the game mechanic is gonna require 6 bodies to proceed (at least we think).

Anyway, we then went to farm exotics ;) . Used the Draksis mission and walked away with Hereafter, Year2 Suros & Invective & Alpha Lupi, Sealed Ahamkara Grasps. Actually had dupes for a couple of them, like Alpha Lupi. Keeping both for now because one set has Solar burn defense and the other has Arc burn defense. Figure they'll both come in handy.

AND it also brings up a good point... don't dismantle exotic armor dupes so quickly. Pay attention to the stats and the perks. The primary perk will always be the same but the follow-up perks can vary. Remember, the rules have changed in year 2

I'm now up to 291
I guess after you kill Draksis you just let the ads kill you and start again?

You have to kill draksis and yourself at the same time with a rocket. I did it for a little while last night. I got the Zhalo Supercell and new hunter Ahamkara piece plus a few year 2 versions of old exotics.

You have to kill draksis and yourself at the same time with a rocket. I did it for a little while last night. I got the Zhalo Supercell and new hunter Ahamkara piece plus a few year 2 versions of old exotics.
Yep I am such an idiot forgot that the ads would despawn when you kill him.

Last edited by a moderator:
^  This.

Whittle down his health to a sliver.  Fire rocket at his feet while your standing next to him.

You earned the loot and you also failed the mission, so it resets at the boss.  Your loot stays there on the ground, unless you picked it up at death.

Nightfalls still have to be done separately. I ran it twice on my hunter because I didn't have the quest the first time and I wanted the marks. The boss dropped engrams still the second time, but I didn't get anything at the rewards screen.

Sup guys, I stopped playing this before the fist set of DLC's came out.

Just wondering if I get Taken King if gear progression is going to be a grind or does the new blue drops you come across while  leveling to the new cap outscale the old legendaries/exotics. 

The greens that drop are better than the purples you have now. Basically after two missions everything you have now is total garbage. I almost cried when I realized all my favorite guns are now useless and if you try and equip them your light goes down so you cant do any end game activities. They have made it so you just have to equip whatever has highest light instead of what you want to look cool or has the perks you want. Everything is now trash but I'm saving some stuff and hoping someday its going to come back in style!

Another Destiny code for free swag in honor of Pirate Day!
ARR-RRR-RRR (redeem for 3 strange coins, time for package to arrive at postmaster varies...it will eventually)

Finally took the plunge on TTK and man did they turn the ship around. Having a blast so far! They even streamlined the classic story missions some. Good effort on their part.

Nightfalls still have to be done separately. I ran it twice on my hunter because I didn't have the quest the first time and I wanted the marks. The boss dropped engrams still the second time, but I didn't get anything at the rewards screen.
That kind of stinks since most people probably have only been focusing on maxing out one character, although once you have high light weapons it won't take too long to push your other two characters up to NF level.

What type of loot does the NF drop now, just 280 legendaries and 290 exotics?

With Xur 2.0 Strange Coins might be the best thing to end up with.

So if I only have one character can I run the same Nightfall three times with him and get rewards all three times?
You will only get end game rewards the first time you do it (i.e. on the end game reward screen). The NF is now a playlist and has a chance to drop items when you kill the final boss. The only way to get rewards at the end game screen is to do it with 3 different characters.

You will only get end game rewards the first time you do it (i.e. on the end game reward screen). The NF is now a playlist and has a chance to drop items when you kill the final boss. The only way to get rewards at the end game screen is to do it with 3 different characters.
Oh I was wondering if that was still an option. Good to know, this might actually make me play with my Hunter and Warlock.

Did TLW bounty last night, just gotta kill stuff with a shotgun and then the Bros @ 290...its going to suck finding a fire team for that one strike

^ This.

Whittle down his health to a sliver. Fire rocket at his feet while your standing next to him.

You earned the loot and you also failed the mission, so it resets at the boss. Your loot stays there on the ground, unless you picked it up at death.
Sweet tits! I am going to do this tonight. Do you have to do it on max level. How do you get exotics to drop? Using those things from Xur? I have NEVER had one drop.

Another question. My first few heroic strikes I got legendary marks every time I completed them. They were even listed as rewards on the strike selection screen. Now I am not earning them anymore. Is there a weekly max or something? On that same note is there a definitive guide to earning marks? I seem to only get them from the daily heroic missions. I don't even get them from the daily crucible for some reason.

Now I am not earning them anymore. Is there a weekly max or something? On that same note is there a definitive guide to earning marks? I seem to only get them from the daily heroic missions. I don't even get them from the daily crucible for some reason.
Cap is 200. You get 15 from the Daily Heroic and the Daily Crucible. Note that you can only do these once across all characters for the marks. You get 10 from the Heroic strikes (and those are repeatable).

I knew I hit the cap when I only got 22 for the Nightfall (instead of 25).

You only get the guaranteed legendary marks from the weekly heroics 3 times per week. After that, there is a small chance you could receive more as a post-match reward.

You only get the guaranteed legendary marks from the weekly heroics 3 times per week. After that, there is a small chance you could receive more as a post-match reward.

Yeah I have not hit even close to 200. I get the ones for the daily heroic, but I tried twice on separate days on the daily crucible and didn't get jack. Figured the first time was because I joined mid match but same thing happened second time. I wonder why I am not getting anymore from the heroic strikes then. My friend who I have been playing with since TTK dropped is in the same boat.

Ahh, that would make sense then because I believe I got them 3 times. Then we stopped and did something else and came back to getting nothing. Thanks for clarifying.

Hey guys I got to 291 last night, just a few of my friends bought TtK so now it's very hard for me to put together a raid team, so if you want to put together a raid team and need a man please let me know to join!

Most everyone is using a psn chat thread to organize these days. You guys need to join the clan if you have not an get on the thread. I am still shy of raiding level at 187...but I would like to do the nightfall tonight. I think a bunch of people have already done parts of the raids. Some of the guys are even at 190+ with multiple characters already. I was out of town so I'm still only on my huntar...The others should be fairly easy since I have exotics and weapons to share with them.

It's like someone at Bungie was all "Oh man, I bet people really missing farming materials! Let's give them a sword quest that makes them do that for a really long time!"

Wow that video makes it look so easy. I like their set up, it allows the guys at the bottom to not even worry about shooting the orbs down. I think that took a ton of time away from us shooting him from below when we did it. Also a lot of the times we were DPSing his weak spot, he would be at a weird angle that we couldnt even see his weak spot. Hopefully this would make that better too. I would really love to try this tonight before the reset. If it goes well do it more than once.

Wow that video makes it look so easy. I like their set up, it allows the guys at the bottom to not even worry about shooting the orbs down. I think that took a ton of time away from us shooting him from below when we did it. Also a lot of the times we were DPSing his weak spot, he would be at a weird angle that we couldnt even see his weak spot. Hopefully this would make that better too. I would really love to try this tonight before the reset. If it goes well do it more than once.
I only got to see the War Priest and then someone gave me the checkpoint for Oryx since they wanted me to see the final boss, but haven't beaten any of them yet. Seems like tons of mechanics, but still fun in a sort of masochist way

I need to do the 290 strike too. Want to do it tomorrow?
Oh dangs man, I just read your message. I did this one last night with some friends, it was a big pain in the ass and we had to repeat it 3 times, since the red brother kept dying for X or Y reason without us shooting him. Anyone can kill the bros as long as they are using a shotgun, but its still a major pain. Also you get the gun until the next reset

I ran my titan through all the vanguards and heroics last night and I am planning on doing the same for my warlock tonight. I'll need to run 2 Nightfalls, so if anyone wants to join and sees me on just let me know

My hunter currently maxes out at 292.

And I can now get my titan to 285, without transferring gear over.

Got some more good ol' RNGeezy help, in that my hunter got a couple of high level armor pieces for a titan... most helpful being the Darkblade helm. I think I've gotten more high-level titan gear, on my hunter, than I have while on my titan :lol:

Sweet tits! I am going to do this tonight. Do you have to do it on max level. How do you get exotics to drop? Using those things from Xur? I have NEVER had one drop.
Normal level is fine and yes, use the 3 of coins each time (before you kill him).

So get to the boss, pop a 3oC, whittle down health & kamikaze the boss. Checkpoint reloads... rinse, repeat. Most people report getting an exotic around every 3-5 kills.

And if anyone wants to try this, do it tonight. There's the possibility that they do a Hot Fix to prevent using these low level encounters.

If I get the time, I plan on running my warlock thru for a while to see how much RNGeezy likes her.

I only got to see the War Priest and then someone gave me the checkpoint for Oryx since they wanted me to see the final boss, but haven't beaten any of them yet. Seems like tons of mechanics, but still fun in a sort of masochist way
We got Warpriest done last night. It's a pretty easy fight once you get a good strategy down. Had a tougher time getting a 6th.

Between the night before and last night, it probably took us 10-15 runs to refine it (once we understood the mechanics of the fight). Doubt it'll be much of a problem, until hard mode drops.

Favorite part of the fight... the WP body doesn't disintegrate at death. Gave us plenty of time to T-bag the isht out of him. Bonus points for crawling inside the shell

Golgoroth is where we stopped. Figured out a few things but hardly damaged him. Seeing that vid makes me want to knock that out tonight before reset

My hunter currently maxes out at 292.

And I can now get my titan to 285, without transferring gear over.

Got some more good ol' RNGeezy help, in that my hunter got a couple of high level armor pieces for a titan... most helpful being the Darkblade helm. I think I've gotten more high-level titan gear, on my hunter, than I have while on my titan :lol:

Normal level is fine and yes, use the 3 of coins each time (before you kill him).

So get to the boss, pop a 3oC, whittle down health & kamikaze the boss. Checkpoint reloads... rinse, repeat. Most people report getting an exotic around every 3-5 kills.

And if anyone wants to try this, do it tonight. There's the possibility that they do a Hot Fix to prevent using these low level encounters.

If I get the time, I plan on running my warlock thru for a while to see how much RNGeezy likes her.

We got Warpriest done last night. It's a pretty easy fight once you get a good strategy down. Had a tougher time getting a 6th.

Between the night before and last night, it probably took us 10-15 runs to refine it (once we understood the mechanics of the fight). Doubt it'll be much of a problem, until hard mode drops.

Favorite part of the fight... the WP body doesn't disintegrate at death. Gave us plenty of time to T-bag the isht out of him. Bonus points for crawling inside the shell

Golgoroth is where we stopped. Figured out a few things but hardly damaged him. Seeing that vid makes want to knock that out tonight before reset
Just holla if you ever need a 6th =)

I nominate you and jimmy as top side, the other 4 of us can be in the pool.

Haven't even tried the raid yet. I'm still swamped with other stuff to do.

The grind is so real with TTK and I love it. Every engram is like rolling the dice and most of the time you don't get what you want, but when you do and your light gets bumped up ever so slightly, it's awesome.

Tomorrow I get a Chaperone, Wednesday I get some gunsmith orders and an exotic sword. These quests to unlock the weekly crucible bounties seem to be never ending. I had an awesome game of rift earlier. Grabbed the first spark right when it came up and just ran it straight to the rift. Up 3000 points within 30 seconds.

Reset tonight.  You know what that means.  Time to remember how you carry over checkpoints.

Don't Bogart that Joint, My Friend... pass it over to me :mrgreen:

Tomorrow I get a Chaperone, Wednesday I get some gunsmith orders and an exotic sword. These quests to unlock the weekly crucible bounties seem to be never ending. I had an awesome game of rift earlier. Grabbed the first spark right when it came up and just ran it straight to the rift. Up 3000 points within 30 seconds.
I finished that f'ing strike just to notice I the end that for some reason it just counted me one of the targets even when we made sure that they died by shotgun shots... A friend got the the first one and I got the second one... Does it just count who deals the final blow?

bread's done
Back