Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Another raid clear, another 20 shards and another class item. At least this time I received an antiquated rune as well as the class item. I've yet to receive any item over 308.

Thanks to nixmahn, I was able to complete several crucible questline steps as well as a few other things I was working on. Nix also imparted a few very useful tidbits of information and strategy. I appreciate the help!

Damn this raid and it's glitches :bomb:

We can cruise through the whole thing like no big thing.  Once we get to Oryx though, the damn fight bugs out.  This time we had problems where our runner couldn't pick up the spark/light.  He'd be standing right on top of it but it wouldn't let him pick it up.

Later, the game decides to randomly  choose one of us as the guardian torn between dimensions(or whatever it's called)... you know, the game mechanic during the deathsinger fight, only we're fighting Oryx. :bs:  :bs:  fuck 'n :bs:

And still no raid ghost :nottalking:

First time doing and got up to Oryx but sadly we couldn't down him. Got really close, as in we couldn't even see a yellow bar below his name, and somehow we all wiped. Then people began to leave and no one could find any replacements. I got a cloak and 4 moldering shards so far :(

Daughters was the easiest fight out of all of them and we downed golgoroth on our first try. Damn Oryx.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you get to that point Rev, he's going to spawn in the middle where he originally shows up with his chest open and you all just have to fire everything you have at him like you're trying to stagger him again.

Every time I start to think I'm too obsessed with this game I go on Reddit and the truly obsessed people on there make me feel better about myself. I can't believe how much time some people are spending trying to figure out the secret room in the raid that got discovered the other day.

Just bought taken king, so I'm pretty far behind. looking for people to run the daily/weekly stuff and raids if you want to add me psn is blume3, just put cag or destiny in the message so i know it's not a random.

First time doing and got up to Oryx but sadly we couldn't down him. Got really close, as in we couldn't even see a yellow bar below his name, and somehow we all wiped. Then people began to leave and no one could find any replacements. I got a cloak and 4 moldering shards so far :(

Daughters was the easiest fight out of all of them and we downed golgoroth on our first try. Damn Oryx.
Man that sucks. It was my first time this weekend. Luckily me and my friend found a really good group on LFG. One dude in particular was like an expert and really helpful. Beat every boss on first or second try. We made it to Oryx in about 1.5 hours. Then we were stuck on him for about 3. Only because people were getting tired and making careless mistakes. After every wipe I though for sure somebody was going to leave (it was about 5AM for some). But we stuck it out. Got a raid chest piece, pulse rifle and rocket launcher. Can't wait to do it again not that I actually know the ropes.

EDIT: I have heard you guys mention a PSN thread, but does this thread have it's own community yet?

Yeah all the new people should probably go through the thread and add people on PSN and put CAG so we know you are not just creepers like Matt "I like em" Young....also changing your PSN or CAG name in the forum to match helps a lot...It seems like most of the game planning and stuff has moved to PSN messages.

edit: Matt is not an actual creeper (as far as I know).

Made a sword video showing off the different moves each sword has, mainly for my nephew, but thought i would share it here anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgl1aCRp88A

Hawt...I should finish the exotic sward and that scout rifle shard thingy instead of leveling up my titan...but I want to throw flaming hammers. Its too fun.

I just got to the "Collect materials on Mars" portion of the Exotic Sword quest. Mayhem helped me get the Crucible kills, just because of the frequency of the Heavy drops.

Made a sword video showing off the different moves each sword has, mainly for my nephew, but thought i would share it here anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgl1aCRp88A
Wow, not gonna lie, but while everyone tells me the Solar was the one to go with, the Arc one looks freaking sick

Shaxx bounties yielded a Spare.Change with Glass Half full and another perk of no consequence.

Totally worth the week plus of grinding to get those unlocked, but I guess I'll be ready for reset tomorrow.

For those who Raid.
Some people don't? Those must be the folks who bitch and moan everytime theres a post in the main deals forum about the game.

Losers. :cool:

Thanks for linking that video, it was a good watch.

For those who want a tl;dr = Shadow Shot (hunter) + Melting Point (titan) DO NOT STACK. Weapons of Light + everything else does.

Finished up my Touch of Malice quest over the weekend and can I say... that gun is perfect for the daughters fight.

Don't know that I'd use it elsewhere in the raid though( aside from just mixing things up a bit); the raid weapons do have a good perks for fighting the taken.  Would love to try a full fireteam of ToM's against Atheon though.

Also wrapped up my exotic sword quest, so I should have that waiting for me on this next armsday. I went with the Zelda spin-attack model.  Too bad I did that on my hunter=NoFunGettingVoidKills.  Now to start the sword quest on another toon and transfer it over.  Solar and Arc kills should go much faster than the void kills.

Otherwise it was just helping and getting helped with a bunch of different quests.

Yeah just finished the void ability kills on my hunter man was that a pain! Been working on my solar one now and then arc gonna be a fun armsday this week haha

You should absolutely be using ToM during Oryx. If you have 2-3 people in your group with it, you're getting unlimited shots on him to stagger him and then do bonus damage after your orbs go off. That final shot does extra damage and fire rate is super fast, so while you're invincible in the aura, few things are going to do more pure DPS than that thing.

Haha I did solar first cause it looks coolest luckily its on my hunter...the other ones are not FLAMING.

I'm still on the crucible part because I tend to only crucible with a team and didn't play much the last few days. 

I ran out of time to do the raid again. Finished everything up to and including golgoroth but haven't had time to do the rest.

Gonna try to get on for a lengthy amount of time tomorrow but will be going from the start. Will also get calcifieds.

* Secret Mission Alert *

You can trigger it in today's daily.  Say hi to praedyth for me ;) 

Finished the story on another toon and got a 2nd sword quest going(Arc). Moved it over to my hunter, in order to infuse & max it out. Jumped to the mats+kills portion once I did... NICE :cool: .

Only bit of concern is that my void sword quest is still on my hunter (waiting for armsday), oops. Hopefully nothing gets screwed up by having 2 sword quests on the same toon.

HAHAHAHAHA

Titan>Void Sword Quest= :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

An hour of tooling around Mars got me 2. 2! of those fragments I need.
Ain't no walk in the park for the hunter either (void kills, I mean). Had to use the "woken hive" mission and get the thrall to walk down the line my voidwall grenade would make. And even with the special tracking abilities, I took over 3 hrs to get the mats. :nottalking:

fuck Mars... I didn't want to live there anyway.

tumblr_mm076uG1Gz1s48kibo1_400.gif

The raid relinquished nothing special for either of my hunters today. However, my Warlock received the fusion rifle, hand canon, helm and two exotic engrams.   

I got really lucky getting a 310 pulse, shotgun, and sniper on my first raid. Now everything I get is usually infusion materials. I got a 309 machine gun today and mine was only 305. My favorite character to play right now is warlock because he looks super sweet with devouring maw and impossible machines on. Like a super awesome lightning dude.

Did the raid three times today and was disappointed in two of them. My titan got his 3rd pair of boots, i dont have any other armor on him from the raid. My hunter has gauntlets, boots, cape, so today the game decides to give me 2 pairs of gauntlets, and another cape. At least it gave my warlock something new, gloves, now i have gloves, boots, and mark for him. But overall i was disappointed, i really wanted something new for my titan, and got nothing new. Also Oryx took 60 moldering shards from me and gave me no extra drops for killing him. What a scam!

On the bright side i did three nightfalls and scored a 310 Jade Rabbit, 310 hawkmoon, and 310 Akahmara Grasps!

Did the raid three times today and was disappointed in two of them. My titan got his 3rd pair of boots, i dont have any other armor on him from the raid. My hunter has gauntlets, boots, cape, so today the game decides to give me 2 pairs of gauntlets, and another cape. At least it gave my warlock something new, gloves, now i have gloves, boots, and mark for him. But overall i was disappointed, i really wanted something new for my titan, and got nothing new. Also Oryx took 60 moldering shards from me and gave me no extra drops for killing him. What a scam!

On the bright side i did three nightfalls and scored a 310 Jade Rabbit, 310 hawkmoon, and 310 Akahmara Grasps!
Wow that is some sweet loot from a NF considering the disappointments we have seen from last week ( Purple gun & Purple Gun & Purple Gun) Haven't done any NF, but I hope I can get that lucky .

I got the Rocket Launcher from the raid, the assault rifle and my 5th ghost, each time I get one is worst than the previous one(308, 304, 303, 302, 300), another Titan Cape (1 point higher than the one I had) and another Machine Gun (lower than the one I have).

7 you are a full timer on destiny good lord...3 raids and 3 nightfalls in one day meanwhile I'm over here struggling to get a second character up to raid level and happy for the scraps dropped last night to my hunter: scout (with full auto!), sniper, and arms...The eye of sauron sniper scope is scary...I dont like it.

7 you are a full timer on destiny good lord...3 raids and 3 nightfalls in one day meanwhile I'm over here struggling to get a second character up to raid level and happy for the scraps dropped last night to my hunter: scout (with full auto!), sniper, and arms...The eye of sauron sniper scope is scary...I dont like it.
^ this guy took my loot

LOL its not my fault rngeesuz loves me so...I actually helped a group do warpreist before bed and someone was crying over getting nothing. I was like try doing a whole raid and only getting shards because I've seen it happen...sorry tukai

I'm sure my time is coming...I've only done the raid twice now so next time I'll probably get stuff I already have or nothing at all.

1 raid completion (6 or 7 times through various other portions)

3 ghost shells

1 sniper

1 fusion (310!) 

2 Auto rifles (from the same chest)

Titan arms

titan boots

titan mark

I joined a salvage game where the score was 4000-1000, so I quit. Joined another and as soon as I hit the ground, the mercy rule kicked in. Why can't they do something about this?

It's really frustrating when you are trying to win two matches in a row and even when I and a friend end up with 1.8+ k/d you loose just because two or three other players decide to join the match just for the coins even when they can't hit a parking bus with a baseball and end up with 0.12 k/d... 6 matches on the bright side

I just had a good raid on my Titan. Drops from all bosses except oryx. All higher def than what I had, so they brought my current pulse rifle gear up to good levels. Now with default equipment that I run all the time, I'm a cool 306.

Why do you have to win in a row?

I lost rumble last night, got third, but had the best k/d. If all else fails I try not to die and give others points.

I finished the raid! Moldering shards, Hunter leg piece (306) really bad stats, Scout rifle (304 Doom of Chelchis), and Machine Gun (300 Qullim's Terminus).

The difference between a good group and an alright group is night and day. We finished almost every part in one smooth run.

Now I have to work on my other warlock and titan to get up to raid level.

bread's done
Back