Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Yeah, I had a good raid run last night too.

Got the helmet, machine gun, another shotty, a Hawkmoon (from the jumping area) and a raid ghost... Finally a  freakin raid ghost!!!

It's all pretty low-level, but it got me past 300, up to 303.  Now I just need the arms to have all the armor for my Hunter.  Also still missing the scout & sniper rifles and the rocket launcher.

That ghost is huge though.  I had been stuck with a 286 vanguard one all this time.

Now to see what sorta luck my titan and warlock have.

Three nightfalls = 6 marks, 1 strange coin and an antiquated rune. -_-

RNGesus has not been kind to me lately. I must have taken his name in vain. I'm still running 306-307 with my hunters and my warlock is sitting at 304. 

Why do you have to win in a row?

I lost rumble last night, got third, but had the best k/d. If all else fails I try not to die and give others points.
You don't really have to win two in a row. One of the weekly crucible bounties requires you to get 5 points from the daily crucible match. If you win you get 3, but starting a new game costs 1. So if you win two in a row, you get 5 right away. If you win one, lose one and start another, you're down to 1 point, so now you have to win two more games. You could swap wins and losses and it would take you 5 games as opposed to 2 straight wins.

Couple interesting things i read over on reddit. This might make his fight even easier.

the Supercell's Bolts From the Blue perk will proc on destroying Gologoroth's ogre sperm darts, making it so that you basically never have to reload while holding his gaze. And for the cherry on top, you get bonus super energy as well. Hope this helps, Guardians.

Firstly select shadowstep. Then when Golgoroth shoots the balls at you, shadowstep. The balls stop tracking you and just blow up, causing you to not even have to shoot them. This works with anything that tracks you, eg. Axion bolts, shrieker blasts, centurion rockets, fallen bullets, Val'us Tuarc Rockets.

Got through the whole raid but stalled on Oryx. Looking for a fast kill tonight around 6pm. Also gonna finish the sleeper quest and get the exotic.

Sleeper is available today. Reddit would have you believe it's the greatest weapon of all time, so it's probably 100% useless.
It one shots the earth yellow knights in the tunnel area. Tested it vs sardok and 2 headshots left him with like 10-20% health. Would be better to test it out against warpriest or golgoroth. but ive got all 3 of mine now, titan upgraded to 296, Hunter 290, and warlocks is 294. I also have an extra 303 raid rocket launcher i can use to infuse on one of them.

It's pretty shitty compared to a good rocket launcher. I hit the yellow knights in the daily and it took two shots to bring them down. A lower attack rocket took two shots as well, but the first barely left them with any health. In crucible you get four shots. I hit one dude and the ricochet hit another but it barely took out his shield. So unless it gets a big damage boost from some of the perks, I doubt it's going to be a viable weapon for anything challenging.

I was getting 16k damage from a 294 sleeper crit shot vs heroic strike bosses, while my 308 1000 Yard Stare was getting 8k. Maybe it would be even more if the sleeper was above 300. Still seems like a low amount of ammo, only 7 shots. 9 shots if you use armor that provides more heavy ammo like the alchemist.

Speaking of alchemist, the robe is broken. I had full super, nades, and melee and it was still picking up orbs. Which kind of sucks if you wanted to use your super and then grab the rest of the orbs on the ground.

Raid #2 (titan) wasn't great for loot.

Got the chest piece twice (worse stats) and the machine gun (ditto). So infused the gear into other stuff.  Still have my warlock I can run.

Finished the sword quest and got my Dark Drinker :D/ .  BTW, the spin attack is mad fun (run into the crowd and go ham)

Protip (just the tip) - don't bother with the Arc warden until you're ready to kill the boss.  My buddy was doing the arc sword quest and we weakened the arc warden for the final fight. But somewhere along the line, the arc warden died.  None of us touched him while prepping the other wardens, so we think cursed thrall explosions took him out before we were ready.

Ran it a 2nd time to get his sword.

Did my Sleeper stuff, but not sure I'll get the next part of the quest tonight because of when I turned in everything to Banshee ( fuck  you Mars, for not spawning warsats :bomb: ).Think I turned it in after reset.  I'll find out soon enough :whistle2:|

I did get the 2 champion kills on Mars though.  And since sooo many people were waiting around for warsats, we took them down pretty fast :cool: . Now I get to take care of a wolf problem

I'm not sure trials is going to be that much different than it used to be. You'll either get teams that camp snipers and use the last word for close combat, or teams that rush with party crashers and Matadors with TLW equipped. Expect to see lots of sunbreakers.

PC, Mats and Felwinters won't be as prevalent since most out there are year 1 versions stuck at 170 light level.  But I agree it won't be too different.  I expect to see Hawkmoon and Last Word paired up with whatever good shotty's they've got (or 1000 yard stares).

I'm not sure trials is going to be that much different than it used to be. You'll either get teams that camp snipers and use the last word for close combat, or teams that rush with party crashers and Matadors with TLW equipped. Expect to see lots of sunbreakers.
I don't expect to see any 160 weapons (it would be funny though) I have a perfect 300 sniper and a 308 shotpackage Constheory, I also don't see a TLW besting any pulse rifle at midrange... I really want to play next week's events!

So here's what was written about S.S. in the gameinformer previews:

The Sleeper Simulant is a fusion rifle that will sit in your heavy weapons slot, so you know it packs a punch, since it needs to compete with weapons like rocket launchers and machine guns for your attention and use. Unlike most fusion rifles, its charged up blast can penetrate through multiple enemies and will ricochet off walls up to five times when fully upgraded. Think hand-held rail gun, and you're on the right track.

However, in order to unlock the gun, players first have to collect relics of the Golden Age which have been scattered across the various locations of Destiny. After players bring these pieces back to Banshee-44 (the Tower's gunsmith), the ancient artifacts trigger a memory in the ancient Exo gunsmith, and he will invite players on an odyssey to repair and reactivate one of the Taken King's most striking exotics. Bungie doesn't want to spoil the story content of this mission, but it did say that there will be unique tasks and objectives required for completion, which might even include puzzles that are too hard for any one player to figure out on their own.

While this sounds accurate to the quest we got, their description sounds faaar more epic... I wanna play THAT version of the quest :lol:

I still dont know which gun is good in pvp now. I got a few 300+ conspiracy theory Ds and 1000 yard stares so im good with special weapons. But not sure what to use for primary. I wish i had a 310 suros, but i dont. I do have a 310 hawkmoon and jade rabbit. But havent really tried the Jade Rabbit out. Also bought a 280 red death, but havent even infused it up any. Any recommendations? I think ill be playing a lot of iron banner and trials next week. So far this week after doing three raids and three nightfalls in one day, the only thing ive been doing is strikes with 3 of coin. I mean besides the sleeper simulant stuff.

Shot package is being removed from all shotguns, including ones that people already have. And they're planning to reduce the range even further than what they did in 2.0. Yaaaay! Now they just need to fix the ridiculous aim assist on sniper rifles and special weapons might finally be balanced.

I still dont know which gun is good in pvp now. I got a few 300+ conspiracy theory Ds and 1000 yard stares so im good with special weapons. But not sure what to use for primary. I wish i had a 310 suros, but i dont. I do have a 310 hawkmoon and jade rabbit. But havent really tried the Jade Rabbit out. Also bought a 280 red death, but havent even infused it up any. Any recommendations? I think ill be playing a lot of iron banner and trials next week. So far this week after doing three raids and three nightfalls in one day, the only thing ive been doing is strikes with 3 of coin. I mean besides the sleeper simulant stuff.
I've tried hung jury (vendor), apple of discord (vendor), dealbreaker (vendor) and hawksaw (drop with rodeo and hls) and from all those the one I think that packs the most power is the apple of discord it's perks make it an almost perfect pulse rifle.

Also tried jade rabit and Boolean gemini but I didn't like the rate of fire for the jade and for the Boolean I just didn't like how it feels.

I've tried hung jury (vendor), apple of discord (vendor), dealbreaker (vendor) and hawksaw (drop with rodeo and hls) and from all those the one I think that packs the most power is the apple of discord it's perks make it an almost perfect pulse rifle.

Also tried jade rabit and Boolean gemini but I didn't like the rate of fire for the jade and for the Boolean I just didn't like how it feels.
I've been using all of the ones you mentioned with much success. The Hawksaw and Apple of Discord tend to be my preferred legendary pulse rifle choice. If I run with a scout rifle I'll use Hung Jury, Tuonela SR4 or one of those exotic scout rifles usually paired with Conspiracy Theory D and The Vertigo launcher.

I wish I could find a Hopscotch replacement but I don't think one exists in year 2.

Has anyone got an Imago Loop hand cannon to drop? It's supposed to be a fatebringer clone with similar stats and handling so I'm kind of curious. I've received a few Eyasluna hand cannons (which literally translates to Young Hawk Moon) with some decent rolls. It's not too shabby to use in PvP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using all of the ones you mentioned with much success. The Hawksaw and Apple of Discord tend to be my preferred legendary pulse rifle choice. If I run with a scout rifle I'll use Hung Jury, Tuonela SR4 or one of those exotic scout rifles usually paired with Conspiracy Theory D and The Vertigo launcher.

I wish I could find a Hopscotch replacement but I don't think one exists in year 2.

Has anyone got an Imago Loop hand cannon to drop? It's supposed to be a fatebringer clone with similar stats and handling so I'm kind of curious. I've received a few Eyasluna hand cannons (which literally translates to Young Hawk Moon) with some decent rolls. It's not too shabby to use in crucible.
I don't have one but I've heard others say this a good replacement for the pilgrim.

9AJZTXb.png

ocIaBlb.png

Ive started to slowly...but I keep saving them in order to get materials in a pinch or when they request you to dismantle something for a quest. I'll probably hang on to the raid stuff kind of like trophies until I really get pinched for space.

DId everyone dismantle all their old legendary and exotic gear? My vaults filled with them and I don't think I'll ever use them again.
This is my daily struggle. Exotics, once I have the year 2 version, get dismantled. Raid weapons and armor get saved. Unique exotics get saved (Mythoclast). Some stuff gets saved just for Crucible (Thorn, Shotguns). I'm really terrible at this. If I can get my vault down to 66/72 I'm happy.

Got a 310 Jade Rabbit from completing the weekly crucible bounties. Last week I got a 310 invective so I'd say I'm having good luck so far. I'm going to try JR a little bit to see if it's something I'll use, and if not I'll infuse it into something else.

For crucible, I've just been rocking the raid pulse rifle. I know that requires you to have beaten oryx and get the drop, but if you do it's definitely a good gun. Stable, fast fire rate and I've had firefly kick in to give me double kills more than a few times now.

My first legendary and the one I used the most until I got a new Suros was the apple. It's decent, but just wasn't cutting it for me so I scrapped it.

I just got my first 310 yesterday on nightfall, my first telesto...then while playing on my titan I got an exotic secondary drop (3ofcoinzzz), passed it over to my hunter and it turned into another 310 telesto. RNGeesus loves me but also loves doubling and tripling me.

Farming is a drag man...I'm on the step where I need 50 of those things from chests on the dreadnaught to get my scout rifle thing going...I'm like half way there. I just hardly feel like I have time to just run around and dig in chests when there is so much other stuff to do. 

I have a charged araganagadingdong rune if anyone else needs to do some court.

I just got my first 310 yesterday on nightfall, my first telesto...then while playing on my titan I got an exotic secondary drop (3ofcoinzzz), passed it over to my hunter and it turned into another 310 telesto. RNGeesus loves me but also loves doubling and tripling me.

Farming is a drag man...I'm on the step where I need 50 of those things from chests on the dreadnaught to get my scout rifle thing going...I'm like half way there. I just hardly feel like I have time to just run around and dig in chests when there is so much other stuff to do.

I have a charged araganagadingdong rune if anyone else needs to do some court.
All I got was another purple crucible sniper :bs:

Got a 310 Jade Rabbit from completing the weekly crucible bounties. Last week I got a 310 invective so I'd say I'm having good luck so far. I'm going to try JR a little bit to see if it's something I'll use, and if not I'll infuse it into something else.

For crucible, I've just been rocking the raid pulse rifle. I know that requires you to have beaten oryx and get the drop, but if you do it's definitely a good gun. Stable, fast fire rate and I've had firefly kick in to give me double kills more than a few times now.

My first legendary and the one I used the most until I got a new Suros was the apple. It's decent, but just wasn't cutting it for me so I scrapped it.
I'm getting trolled by destiny week by week my weekly crucible reward... 12 coins! My NF x 3 rewards... Purple crap x 3

My arc sword is ready for armsday. Also played thru the story on my 3rd toon so I could unlock the sword quest. But was too wiped out to farm the flakes I need, so I'll try that tonight

Also did a quick check this morning and saw that I got the final mission for my Sleeper and should have that done tonight too.

BTW, let the Battlefront beta download overnight, so I'll be trying that too. Maybe I'll catch some other Cag's on there.

I don't have one but I've heard others say this a good replacement for the pilgrim.
I've been trying out a few different pulse rifles (Villany, Apple, gunsmith Hakke) and I'd say the Suros is the closest to Hopscotch.

I've gotten 2 as random drops and my 2nd is a bit better because I'm able to max out stability.

Still not sure if it'll be my main for IB though. Need to practice with it some more. Actually need more PvP practice in general. Aside from dailies, I've been skipping most PvP in order to get caught up on the PvE side

But in the end, Hopscotch was such a beast because you could re-roll for Hidden Hand; pretty much guaranteed a 2 trigger-pull kill, everytime. Without it, you end up with 3, maybe 4 trigger pulls.

What do you think is the best Sniper to infuse your 310 spindle into?  Hereafter?  Base roll 1000-yd stare (triple tap/perfect balance/mulligan)? 1000-yd stare with (triple tap/casket mag/outlaw)?  Other? 

Hereafter generally isnt a one-hit-kill w/ headshot for PVE. 1kYard, however, is.

I imagine this will translate into Trials as well, I doubt Hereafter will be a revive-sniper (while 1kYard is).

Finally got my pre TTK exotic collection finished today when I pulled a 310 4th Horsemen from an exotic I got from using a 3oC on the daily. As far as ToO and IB go I am fully expecting it to be a Red Death fest.

What do you think is the best Sniper to infuse your 310 spindle into? Hereafter? Base roll 1000-yd stare (triple tap/perfect balance/mulligan)? 1000-yd stare with (triple tap/casket mag/outlaw)? Other?
Have they confirmed if/when they are actually going to reduce the Black Spindle? I know about the Deej post but now I'm not so sure what he meant by that, because it has been 310 way longer than I thought it would be. I'd hate to lose out on getting something up to 308 or whatever but then again I like using the 310 Black Spindle as it is now in the Raid and it was very helpful this week. I wouldn't even have had another if I had infused it into something because I'd be afraid they would just reduce then all by 20 light. (I'd wait till after it is nerfed before getting another and relevelling it - I have a 310 Invective waiting for reinfusion into Black Spindle if needed...).

There was comment on a reddit post by Cozmo that seemed to indicate ALL black spindles are going to be brought down to 290, even if it's one you purchased from the blueprint and manually brought it higher than that.

There was comment on a reddit post by Cozmo that seemed to indicate ALL black spindles are going to be brought down to 290, even if it's one you purchased from the blueprint and manually brought it higher than that.
Yep, which is why I haven't infused mine into something else and then bought a 300 one and infused something into that. I don't want to lose my 310 and not have a good Spindle for raids, so I've been waiting. I really wish they'd say when this is happening. I guess there is a patch out next week and it could happen then - but then I thought it would have happened with that last patch and it didn't...

DId everyone dismantle all their old legendary and exotic gear? My vaults filled with them and I don't think I'll ever use them again.
I kept a few year 1 weapons like BTRD, Hopscotch, Messenger, and some exotics. But as far as armor goes, i deleted most of it. I will warn you dont delete any faction class items you already have because the new ones costs 75 marks, and you need those to do the quest line if you are rank 25 with that faction. I also kept my iron banner stuff class items, ill equip them when i turn in bounties for the added rep. but i dont see me wearing the old class items which would lower my overall light level during matches.

I bought a lot of 300 spindles and infused 10-15 special weapons to 300 so i can use them later on to infuse other stuff.

Today i got lucky with the strike specific armor. Got the titan gauntlets from the shield bros, and then later got the warlock helm from the giant shank strike. But i really wish i could get that damn Taniks cape to drop. Really want that thing, i might have to start farming that strike. I also got the arc and solar flayers capes. So i only need void to get them all.

I would pick whichever 1000 yard state is your favorite. It has higher impact than hereafter and is a legendary instead of an exotic.

Hereafter generally isnt a one-hit-kill w/ headshot for PVE. 1kYard, however, is.

I imagine this will translate into Trials as well, I doubt Hereafter will be a revive-sniper (while 1kYard is).

Unupgraded, my Eirene RR4 has better impact and range than 1000 yard stare. And if you get luck in the chamber on it, thats a one shot body kill.
Thanks for the input, I'll probably go with the 1000 yard stare with outlaw. I haven't been active with the gunsmith orders so didn't get an eirene. I guess I should be placing orders each week for stuff even if I end up not getting it.

Yea, based on what I saw on reddit today the theory is it is going to get nerfed this Tuesday at reset when they roll out the emote marketplace and the 2.0.1 update. Cozmo just posted today in regards to questions about the nerf and said it was coming 'soon'. But since it has been a few weeks it sounds like it is inevitable now. The 310 spindle has been key for me in the raids, but a 308 leg sniper isn't a bad trade off. It would suck to get nothing from it other than a 290 spindle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3o45go/dont_forget_to_infuse_your_310_black_spindles/

Did my third raid of the week tonight and it went pretty well. Helped someone through who hadn't completed it before and we still finished fairly quickly. 

I didnt really get anything worth keeping aside from some warlock gauntlets.

Yes, any exotic engram you get from 3 of coins will be a year two exotic. The chest in POE gives you year one stuff and boss drops are year one. But since 3 of coins is an engram it needs to be decrypted and will be year two. Not really worth doing POE for those drops though. Strikes are much faster and a lot less boring.

Yes, any exotic engram you get from 3 of coins will be a year two exotic. The chest in POE gives you year one stuff and boss drops are year one. But since 3 of coins is an engram it needs to be decrypted and will be year two. Not really worth doing POE for those drops though. Strikes are much faster and a lot less boring.
I'm pretty low on 3oC's tho, main reason why i wanted to do PoE was to also get SC's to get more lol

I got a full auto apple of accord today. Tried it out in skirmish and went 18-3. On top of that i just got a hacksaw with a perk that doubles its range, more ammo, counter balance. Seems pretty good. I think i may run with these two guns in iron banner and maybe trials. Also tried out the Sleeper in PVP and i one shotted a titan in hammer bro mode. I was surprised by that.

Hacksaw is actually pretty good. I got one yesterday too that has unflinching and counterbalance and I played a few games with it and did pretty well.

I was also running with my sniper yesterday and when that luck in the chamber hits and I just body shot a dude to take him down its awesome. Because you know he's thinking how the fuck did that guy kill me in one shot. And I too took out a hammer, but it took two shots. One to the head and one I'm pretty sure litc activated on.

Haven't played since before House of Wolves.  Just bought Taken King.  Anything I need to know?  Any quick ways to get from 32 to whatever the cap is now?

Play through the story missions. There's no real rush to get to 40. Just play and you'll get there. Once you're there, start doing some strike playlists. Just focus on doing quests and you'll have plenty to do.

bread's done
Back