Destiny: The Taken King PS4 Limited Edition Bundle $399.99 on Newegg, Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop

So what would be the best way to get the console? The movers is 10% off which is nice but theres sales tax with that one. Are there any gamestop coupons that would apply to this ? I appreciate the help 

So what would be the best way to get the console? The movers is 10% off which is nice but theres sales tax with that one. Are there any gamestop coupons that would apply to this ? I appreciate the help
I plan on using 50,000 powerup rewards points to get a coupon for $50 off the system. Hope this helps!

Either Amazon (if your state doesn't require tax) --> $399.99

OR

GameStop by paying with trade credit (if your state doesn't require tax) + 90,000 PUR points ($50 off coupon + $25 off coupon + $15 off coupon) --> $399.99 / $309.99

Well sold my regular ps4 today and went and paid mine Destiny one off at gamestop

Still hoping for some promotion though,a year of ps plus with purchase or "trade in towards" would be nice :)

Either Amazon (if your state doesn't require tax) --> $399.99

OR

GameStop by paying with trade credit (if your state doesn't require tax) + 90,000 PUR points ($50 off coupon + $25 off coupon + $15 off coupon) --> $399.99 / $309.99
I thought the new registers don't allow PUR coupons to stack anymore?

Well sold my regular ps4 today and went and paid mine Destiny one off at gamestop

Still hoping for some promotion though,a year of ps plus with purchase or "trade in towards" would be nice :)
What did you sell your regular PS4 for? I have a Taken King preordered and I want to sell my black one. If anyone else here would be interested PM me. I have a friend who wants it but only wants to give $200. Seems a tad low to me.

What did you sell your regular PS4 for? I have a Taken King preordered and I want to sell my black one. If anyone else here would be interested PM me. I have a friend who wants it but only wants to give $200. Seems a tad low to me.
$275, didn't try to hard to sell it either, not worried about it cause if the credit I got lol

I applied it to Destiny Ps4 Console and it goes fine but I didn't check out. I'm saving this coupon in case something better pops up.
Does it say anything about not being able to use it on Apple products? Shopping for a Macbook Air this weekend.

Does it say anything about not being able to use it on Apple products? Shopping for a Macbook Air this weekend.
All the 10% movers coupon should work on the macbook air. It's a matter of double dipping with the student discount coupon when it's on sale. ;)

I thought the new registers don't allow PUR coupons to stack anymore?
New registers just make sure that all 3 coupons are redeemed. Old registers would let you keep the $25 off and $15 off ones and only redeem the $50 off one.

This reward is for a printable certificate redeemable in stores Valid toward the purchase of one single in-store and in-stock item only. Not valid toward gift cards, downloadable content, reservations or POSA cards. Two certificates of the same denomination can not be used in the same transaction, but you can use two different denominations. (EX. Two $10 Certificates can not be used in the same transaction, but a $5 certificate and a $10 certificate can be used in the same transaction) No cash back. Maximum of 3 certificates can be used per day, per member.

I sold my black ps4 when I got my 20th anniversary one on Cl for $300. Most people on CL are willing to pay around there if your system isn't all scratched up and controller is good.

I sold my black ps4 when I got my 20th anniversary one on Cl for $300. Most people on CL are willing to pay around there if your system isn't all scratched up and controller is good.
Yea. My black controller is unused so it's great. I just get weirded out with Craigslist. Don't like the process. Fear of getting mugged or something.

Yea. My black controller is unused so it's great. I just get weirded out with Craigslist. Don't like the process. Fear of getting mugged or something.
Always meet during the day and always meet in a high traffic area or police department. I have sold a number of high price electronics and haven't had an issue yet.

Thanks for all the info on this page. I've wanted to pull the trigger on a PS4 for a while, but I'm dying to play Destiny, so I was waiting for the original Destiny bundle to go back on sale or drop to $350. This is obviously WAY better for my needs.

Everyone seems to have it for the same price, so it's just a matter of working any discounts or store credit I can. I'm a powerup pro member, (but with a pathetic 3000 points) so I don't think that'll give me much help. Is it worth joining GCU? Do they have console discounts or credit? 

If I have to spend the $400, that's fine, but I figure it's worth seeing if the GCU has any worthwhile deals.

I think I am going to put my GS credit to use with this one. I need to 'erase' my black PS4 and sell it - likely on CL. Only hitch is that I traded in my black controller for magma one (also have a blue one). Dont want to part with either of my controllers so now I need to get a used controller for selling the console.

I wish there was a trade-in offer.

Can anyone show me the difference between the two mover's coupons? Do the ones on eBay that work online apply on the PS4 console?

The address change online only has the in-store coupon and my post office doesn't have any coupons. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone show me the difference between the two mover's coupons? Do the ones on eBay that work online apply on the PS4 console?

The address change online only has the in-store coupon and my post office doesn't have any coupons. :(
Idk. I know the movers coupon I got the other day for in store did not apply to consoles. Have to read the fine print.

I just pre-ordered at Best Buy. $50 down on console and hoping for some good promotions the week of 9/15
Me too but I'm not holding my breath though cause I'm never on the good side of these promos lol, a year of ps plus or ps TV with purchase would be nice

Hopefully you have other consoles or are enjoying the summer! I didn't expect some to sell their old consoles now and have a gap. I'm considering selling my white destiny bundle for this. What's holding me back are it's the new model PS4 and if the controller is unique or just the plain old glacier white one out now.

Hopefully you have other consoles or are enjoying the summer! I didn't expect some to sell their old consoles now and have a gap. I'm considering selling my white destiny bundle for this. What's holding me back are it's the new model PS4 and if the controller is unique or just the plain old glacier white one out now.
Im actually been been enjoying my ps3 :) so I'm not minding the gap, I just wanted to dump my ps4 before people found out about this one and it made my harder to sell lol

Newer hardware shouldn't hold you back though

And the controller is a normal white one

The controller is just the same glacier white. Is there confirmation it's a new model console? What does that mean?

I haven't played the full game of destiny yet so I'll probably give that a try abs sell off the dlc, heck im thinking I should get at least 40 for it

I haven't played the full game of destiny yet so I'll probably give that a try abs sell off the dlc, heck im thinking I should get at least 40 for it

You can't play the game without the DLC essentially. It acts as a giant paywall. If your friends have it, you can't play. And keep in mine it's an online only game.

The DLC isn't exclusive so you should only expect to get $20 or less. Since $20 is the retail anyone can buy it for on PSN. The expansions are all included on the disc with destiny and the taken King expansion from what I understand.

the voucher included with the game is only for special shaders and emotes.

The DLC isn't exclusive so you should only expect to get $20 or less. Since $20 is the retail anyone can buy it for on PSN. The expansions are all included on the disc with destiny and the taken King expansion from what I understand.

the voucher included with the game is only for special shaders and emotes.
Actually the dlc are codes, not on the disc

I was thinking $10 for the first 2 DLC and 20 for taken king which seems fair to me, half off on day one lol

Snap you're right.....well this is interesting for me........ I thought it was all on disc and I was going to trade it in because I already own everything digitally....... I was going to preorder taken King digitally to get the exclusive theme etc..... Ahhh this is tough now....
I would think this would be better, seems you would get more, charge half off for the dlc and 15ish for destiny

I really want it, even though I never play the PS4 I bought in February.  I knew I should have just waited for a LE console and got the GTX 970 with my Dell credit but I wanted to play Bloodbourne.  I love Destiny and I am converting over from the Xbox One version on Sept 15th to play with my friends from Southern IL.  If I hadn't just moved and spent $5,000 furnishing my apartment I would be all over this.  I preordered it anyone just in case it becomes rare but I will probably cancel because the last thing I need is another PS4.

Actually the dlc are codes, not on the disc

I was thinking $10 for the first 2 DLC and 20 for taken king which seems fair to me, half off on day one lol
I wonder if the codes are console exclusive... if so I would just use TTK on my Xbox One since I already have every weapon for that system. Probably not though...

I wonder if the codes are console exclusive... if so I would just use TTK on my Xbox One since I already have every weapon for that system. Probably not though...
I'm going to assume they are console exclusive. PSN codes and XBL codes aren't the same length (12 and 25 I believe....?) so the codes with the console will be for PS4.

Juat do what I do and play on both consoles, haha.

Just picked up a regular ps4 at Wal-Mart for $200 cause I couldn't resist, but I wanted this one, think it would be possible to keep this one sealed and exchange it for the Destiny bundle when it comes out? The MSRP prices are the same

Just picked up a regular ps4 at Wal-Mart for $200 cause I couldn't resist, but I wanted this one, think it would be possible to get this one sealed and exchange it for the Destiny bundle when it comes out? The MSRP prices are the same
I would just sell it on Craigslist and then just pay the difference for the destiny one, when it comes out. Also if you have a movers coupon that knocks off 40$ off the top.

Edit: movers coupon for best buy only

Just picked up a regular ps4 at Wal-Mart for $200 cause I couldn't resist, but I wanted this one, think it would be possible to keep this one sealed and exchange it for the Destiny bundle when it comes out? The MSRP prices are the same
I don't think Walmart is getting the destiny one. I would sell the $200 one...or at that point just keep the black one.

I don't think Walmart is getting the destiny one. I would sell the $200 one...or at that point just keep the black one.
Why wouldn't they get it? They get all the other ones

Also thanks for the advice from everyone too,I have thought of plsti dip,Cerberus themed ps4 lol

Why wouldn't they get it? They get all the other ones

Also thanks for the advice from everyone too,I have thought of plsti dip,Cerberus themed ps4 lol
From what I have seen/heard only Best Buy, Amazon, Gamestop and Newegg will have it, but idk. Also, even if they did get it I highly doubt you will be able to swap a black console that you paid $200 for, for a Taken King $400 console..... I get that the MSRP's are the same, but I don't see Walmart being nice about it, lol.

bread's done
Back