Destructoid Reports MGS4 is coming to 360 in 2008

It could happen, but i wouldnt call it the end of ps3

Weve seen
MGS TS on gamecube
MGS 2 Substance on xbox

both didnt make any impact on ps2 metal gear really. Chances are you see it come out much after the ps3 version im betting(similar to the way no one cared about splinter cell for ps2 and cube when it had been out on xbox forever.)

I'd really like to see it happen just so Microsoft can really give Sony some kick ass competetion this generation. I'm tired of Sony just doing things the way they do them because they can.

People, study your history.

MGS is released for PS. 1 year later an enhanced version comes out with the VR missions.

MGS2 comes out for PS2. 1 year later an enhanced version comes out for both Xbox and PS2 (Substance).

MGS3 comes out for PS2. 1 year later an enhanced version comes out for PS2 (Subsistence).

MGS4 comes out for PS3.......

It doesn't matter whether it gets released for Xbox or not. If you run out and buy the game as soon as it comes out, you'll be encouraging this nonsense of punishing the early adopters who pay full price. Wait a year, and you'll get the full game, probably at a cheaper price, and maybe have your choice of what console to play it on.

Burn me once, Kojima-san, shame on you. Burn me twice........

Ya it won't matter...none of my friends or anyone I know buys a playstation for metal gear... its not a "mass audience" game at all.

It would hurt the ps3 for sure , but I doubt it will come out anytime soon be like a year later kind of game for another console.

[quote name='slickkill77']no the bigger blow was definitely GTa in my opinion[/QUOTE]

That doesn't really matter much because it comes out for both.

One or two games will not hurt the PS3 very much. They still have DMC4, andthe FF series. If by some chance they ever lost FF, that would be a huge hit.

[quote name='Spades22']Ya it won't matter...none of my friends or anyone I know buys a playstation for metal gear... its not a "mass audience" game at all.[/QUOTE]

Shame on you. Any self respecting gamer knows that the MGS franchise IS a system seller. Can you imagine if Microsoft could get Konami to bring MGS as an exclusive to the 360 in Japan?

System. fucking. Seller.

Period.

And I can't think of anyone that would buy a 360 just because it has MGS4 on it. I can only think of one guy I know who WOUDN'T buy a PS3, because he already has a 360.

[quote name='daphatty']Shame on you. Any self respecting gamer knows that the MGS franchise IS a system seller. Can you imagine if Microsoft could get Konami to bring MGS as an exclusive to the 360 in Japan?

System. fucking. Seller.

Period.[/QUOTE]

Meh, Konami likes money too much, so that'd never happen. Even if it did, the somewhat stubborn Japanese gaming community still probably wouldn't buy the "American made" 360s...

All in all, I don't think it'd absolutely kill the PS3, may hurt though. I agree with the comments made in the Xboxic.com update though, this is probably just a lot of huffing and puffing to con Sony into putting down some dough. I don't see it coming out on the 360 in any time period within a year that it launches for the PS3.

....and there's clearly a "?" on that. meaning it's probably just some dumb speculative article that's meant to catch eyes and sell mags.

[quote name='Apossum']....and there's clearly a "?" on that. meaning it's probably just some dumb speculative article that's meant to catch eyes and sell mags.[/QUOTE]

Given some of the people's responses here, it's effective. Which is a little sad.

just like MGS2 Substance really put the ps2 on the ropes. er....

I think that if MGS4 was on 360, it would get a LOT of MGS4 fans to reconsider the $600 investment, especially if they already have a 360.

This isn't a crappy port of MGS2(which was ultimately disappointing compared to the hype it got) coming out a year later on a system that came out a year later. This is a system that has a year lead that many people already have. People didn't have another option when MGS2 came out originally, with this announcement, there is another option. That's what makes it different.

Add this to the fact that GTA4 will be on 360 same day as PS3, and the two of the three biggest playstation exclusives which really established them in the mass market are no longer exclusive. Final Fantasy XIII would be the other one, but there's little chance of that coming to 360. I don't think FF holds as much sway as it did back in the FF7/FF8 days, however.

[quote name='jer7583']I think that if MGS4 was on 360, it would get a LOT of MGS4 fans to reconsider the $600 investment, especially if they already have a 360.

This isn't a crappy port of MGS2(which was ultimately disappointing compared to the hype it got) coming out a year later on a system that came out a year later. This is a system that has a year lead that many people already have. People didn't have another option when MGS2 came out originally, with this announcement, there is another option. That's what makes it different.[/QUOTE]

the PS3 version will have a year head start at least and the PS3 will sell a couple million in that time. if they get their production up to snuff, it may even catch up.
How do you know this game, which doesn't exist, isn't a crappy port? Even MGS2:S was so tailored to the PS2 that the more powerful xbox couldn't run it perfectly. Now we're talking about a game tailored to the PS3 and porting it to the less powerful system. all signs point to suck.

anyway, there wasn't an announcement. it's just a front page rumor!

[quote name='Apossum']just like MGS2 Substance really put the ps2 on the ropes. er....[/QUOTE]

This is the right answer to the thread.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']It isnt that far fetched, in the Kojima E3 magazine (the one that was a spoof made to look like the normal E3 mags) there is a giant Xbox 360 ad in the middle that says: "Dear Mr. Kojima, Jump in."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/707/707918p1.html

Yes, it is an M$ ad, but the fact that Kojima himself laid that magazine out should show us that he is open to it?[/QUOTE]

He's not open to it anymore than he's open to taunting Sony into paying him off.

It wont kill it just sway more people. The only true system killers would be Halo and Final Fantasy. THink abou the millions of japanses people that would reconsider the PS3 because of its price and the cheaper 360 having final fantasy

Damn, I really hope this happens.

I was a little pissed about not being able to play MGS4 for another 5 years when the ps3 is way down in price.

If it really does happen... that would be fucking sick.

[quote name='bookishboy']People, study your history.

MGS is released for PS. 1 year later an enhanced version comes out with the VR missions.

MGS2 comes out for PS2. 1 year later an enhanced version comes out for both Xbox and PS2 (Substance).

MGS3 comes out for PS2. 1 year later an enhanced version comes out for PS2 (Subsistence).

MGS4 comes out for PS3.......

It doesn't matter whether it gets released for Xbox or not. If you run out and buy the game as soon as it comes out, you'll be encouraging this nonsense of punishing the early adopters who pay full price. Wait a year, and you'll get the full game, probably at a cheaper price, and maybe have your choice of what console to play it on.

Burn me once, Kojima-san, shame on you. Burn me twice........[/QUOTE]

You don't exactly know your history either. MGS1 already had VR missions in it. The MGS VR Missions that came out later was merely just brand new VR missions, it did not have MGS1 in it. MGS2 substance came out 1 1/2 years after Sons of Liberty and was not value priced. It was the full blown $49.99 whlie Sons of Liberty was Greatest Hits at $19.99. Which is part of the reason why substance's ps2 value held over the years. MGS3 subsistence was also released 1 1/2 years later, although discounted, 18 months is still a pretty long time to wait to play a game. Not to mention that you would have already heard about spoilers by then, I mean Kojima wanted you to be surprised about Raiden or how would you feel if you knew Aeris would die in FF7.

When will you people wake up?

Nothing is going to kill the PS3. NOTHING.

That's not to say that I like the PS3, or even plan to buy one. But the fact remains that Sony is going to sell a fucking shitload of these things.

[quote name='the ender']When will you people wake up?

Nothing is going to kill the PS3. NOTHING.

That's not to say that I like the PS3, or even plan to buy one. But the fact remains that Sony is going to sell a fucking shitload of these things.[/QUOTE]

qft.

Ya I Was trying to say that too...people will always buy the PS2. For me generally I see older, casual gamers go for the 360, then those who are crazy about video games and rpgs and also those in high school go for the PS2, then nintendo DOES sell a lot to the younger audience as I find and then they got their fanbase too. But... Sony will ALWAYS sell unless they do something absolutely ridiculous by going like 6 times the price of the other consoles. 600 is already ridiculous, but not enough to hurt them that much.

But dang... if this game does come to the 360 then theres 3!!! games I want for it! Halo 3, Assassins creed, and this =P

My guess is EGM took a mistranslation as solid proof.

Anyone else remember the "Yes. VF4 could run on NAOMI" mistranslation from Suzuki and EGM spun that into "Sega's last Dreamcast game is going to be VF4!!!"?

Guaranteed this is just a headline from the rumor mill section.

Also, if MGS4 ever did wind up coming to the 360, it would definently hurt PS3 sales. Think about everyone who owns a 360. They've already shelled out $400-$500 for the console, a game, and say an extra controller. They're playing all these great AAA games and loving it...except one, the one that haunts them...MGS. They see screens and movies, and they WANT it. But they're on the fence now. Is $600 REALLY worth it to play 1 game (if its the one game they want to play)? Now they hear news that its coming to the 360? A system they've already spent money and time on? Pssh, thats $600 that stays in their pockets.

[quote name='Tvols1480']This WONT HAPPEN!! It would be just like Halo 3 on the PS3....never[/QUOTE]

What? Halo is made by Microsoft. MGS4 is not made by Sony. Huge difference.

[quote name='Tvols1480']This WONT HAPPEN!! It would be just like Halo 3 on the PS3....never[/QUOTE]

Halo 3 will never happen on the PS3 because Microsoft owns Bungie....With 3rd party developers and publishers, you never know.

EDIT. Damnit thrust, you're just everywhere aren't you.

bread's done
Back