Devil May Cry 4 - DEMO Jan 24th 2008 - What platform are you getting it on?

The FPS was my main question, myke, so I'm glad you pointed that out. I ain't playing shit that's under 60FPS. I can always tell the difference.

[quote name='mykevermin']You may be right about the p, ol buddy, but did you know that the 360 version runs at a full 60FPS, while the PS3 runs at 57FPS? And, the PS3 version has 86 nanoseconds more loading time when opening doors.

CELL PROCESSING FTMFL, DUDE.[/quote]

You are not seeing the point here, 360 version runs at 60.4234234 fps, while the ps3 runs at 59.99999fps.

your eyes obviously suck.

Weaksauce. If a game isn't 60.000 fps or higher, I don't touch it. Sorry PS3.

Snap, the 360 version is only 713.8p. I don't play games that aren't at least 720p. I'm not playing that version.

PC it is then.

[quote name='munch']The FPS was my main question, myke, so I'm glad you pointed that out. I ain't playing shit that's under 60FPS. I can always tell the difference.[/QUOTE]

Word. The PS3 version looks all like "Combat" on the 2600, y'know?

Here's a link to the shot I was talking about earlier:
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4421/dmc4if6.jpg

I'm not a graphics first kind a guy, and something like that doesn't bother me. However, the RB on the 360 makes this game tougher to control. Plus, the face buttons are smaller. DMC4 is a masher, and PS3 has better buttons to mash with.

But in all honestly, the debate of this game, ever since it was announced as multiplatform has been the ugliest I have ever seen.

[quote name='KingBroly']Here's a link to the shot I was talking about earlier:

I'm not a graphics first kind a guy, and something like that doesn't bother me. However, the RB on the 360 makes this game tougher to control. Plus, the face buttons are smaller. DMC4 is a masher, and PS3 has better buttons to mash with.

But in all honestly, the debate of this game, ever since it was announced as multiplatform has been the ugliest I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree that it's tough to control (my only complaint is that the RB is being used way too much - both lock on and the devil driver (whatever its called) button makes fighting a little cumbersome to get used to.

I do think that, if the PS3 version is marginally better in numerous unnoticeable ways (floor texture res, for example, or load times) - how quickly folks will pooh-pooh those differences as irrelevant. Yet, by and large, they're going to be the same people who shit a collective brick when Madden 08 ran at 30FPS.

:rofl: I love being a gamer.

[quote name='KingBroly']Here's a link to the shot I was talking about earlier:

But in all honestly, the debate of this game, ever since it was announced as multiplatform has been the ugliest I have ever seen.[/quote]lol if it doesn't bother you why post it? you already said your'e getting the ps3 version which is superior to the 360. Why waste your time showing us subtle differences. If you want to discuss that take it here http://www.neogaf.com/:lol::lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't agree that it's tough to control (my only complaint is that the RB is being used way too much - both lock on and the devil driver (whatever its called) button makes fighting a little cumbersome to get used to.

I do think that, if the PS3 version is marginally better in numerous unnoticeable ways (floor texture res, for example, or load times) - how quickly folks will pooh-pooh those differences as irrelevant. Yet, by and large, they're going to be the same people who shit a collective brick when Madden 08 ran at 30FPS.

:rofl: I love being a gamer.[/QUOTE]
60FPS vs 30FPS is a WAY bigger difference than the floor textures in one particular area.

Demo version doesn't equal retail version people. Capcom said the demo is 720p locked. I am suprised no one's talking about this game's 1080 support on PS3 though. It's kinda concerning. It probably does have it, but it won't say it on the box like a lot of PS3 titles as of late (Like Uncharted, Ratchet, UT3).

I posted the picture because I'm sick of people saying '360 is always superior'. I've tried to mention this several times about what the PS3 version has (like 5.1 support), and that both have achievements, but no one seems to care about the facts.

[quote name='zewone']60FPS vs 30FPS is a WAY bigger difference than the floor textures in one particular area.[/QUOTE]

But still extremely minute, no?

Meh I was unimpressed with the demo, the boss fight was fun, but other than that I was kind of bored. It had its moments, but I won't be buying it. This coming from someone who really enjoyed the first one.

I just got it on the ps3 and 360 and the ps3 version I think is better (they are pretty similar but I personally like the ps3s controls better)

ps sorry no gamertag on my profile friends list full :/

[quote name='w00t_culafi']ps sorry no gamertag on my profile friends list full :/[/QUOTE]

oh, dammit

So how far does the timed demo go? I played through and it timed out when fighting the two ice creatures. Is it much longer than that?

There are 2 parts to the demo. The first part you can go through the entire thing. The latter part is the second part of the demo, but it's untimed.

Needless to say, people are trying to beat the boss in the 10 minutes they give you.

[quote name='KingBroly']

Needless to say, people are trying to beat the boss in the 10 minutes they give you.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to before the retail version comes out. *points out of the ballpark*

Anyone else noticing the white lines on the PS3 demo? Were they on the 360 demo? What would cause something like this?

Just played through the PS3 demo. The controls feel more natural, making the demo easier. I almost beat the boss in the 10 minutes (had like 2 bars to go when time ran out).

[quote name='KingBroly']Anyone else noticing the white lines on the PS3 demo? Were they on the 360 demo? What would cause something like this?

Just played through the PS3 demo. The controls feel more natural, making the demo easier. I almost beat the boss in the 10 minutes (had like 2 bars to go when time ran out).[/QUOTE]

you mean the COCAINE!?!?!?!

edit: whoops. you should check out the neogaf thread. they're really into things like invisible lines and slight framerate dips in cutscenes.

[quote name='KingBroly']

Needless to say, people are trying to beat the boss in the 10 minutes they give you.[/QUOTE]
Already done it. You don't get anything for it sadly.

[quote name='KingBroly']Anyone else noticing the white lines on the PS3 demo? Were they on the 360 demo? What would cause something like this?

Just played through the PS3 demo. The controls feel more natural, making the demo easier. I almost beat the boss in the 10 minutes (had like 2 bars to go when time ran out).[/QUOTE]

Like Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five "White Lines"?

What'cha talkin' aboot?

Early on in the demo, in the cutscenes, you can see lines to the effect of what's in the snow level. You can notice them in the first building. I went back and played the 360 demo, and they're there as well. However, they're not as noticable on the 360. I'm guessing it's a 720p vs. 1080p thing (360 was on 1080p btw).

[quote name='Dynasty1756']Im mostly likely getting DMC 4 on the Xbox 360. It looks like it runs smoother on the 360 than the PS3[/QUOTE]

Really?

[quote name='Dynasty1756']Im mostly likely getting DMC 4 on the Xbox 360. It looks like it runs smoother on the 360 than the PS3[/QUOTE]

that's just the placebo chip built into the 360.

It's funny I wrote, "I am dling DMC4 on PS3 and 360 and I am going to compare which is better! Which dl's faster! And which console will break first..."

Right as I was writing that, my PC turned off, I looked over at my 360 and it had 3 red lights (again). Haha. PS3 WON!

But my 360 is working again and I played DMC4 on both consoles.

AND i'd have to say the better looking one is the 360 one. It could be my TV, cause I just got it so I am not 100% familiar with it so I could have some settings wrong. But that is what it seems.

And DMC4 looks awesome with 120hz.

Oh, and I didn't really enoy the game. Most likely skip this one.

[quote name='KingBroly']
I've done it. It's really not that hard as long as you run by the demons you don't have to kill.

yep. just did it too. didn't feel like much of a bad ass afterwards.

now it's all about learning the timing of those just revs. what is this odd bastardization of the word "just"? did SNK start that shit? :lol:

[quote name='whoknows']I've done it. It's really not that hard as long as you run by the demons you don't have to kill.[/quote]

That's exactly how I did it.

Here's a rundown of what I can gather about this game on each console:

- PS3 has better controls
- PS3 has 5.1, uncompressed audio
- PS3 assumes you have rumble (you don't have a choice to turn it on/off)

- Both have achievements both in-game and out (They're the same, but it seems to be a workaround for Home atm)
- Certain visuals look better on each console (Ice on 360, Fire on PS3)
- In the demo, both versions have slightly noticable white lines (most likely a scaling issue as the higher the resolution, the less noticable they are)

- 360 has custom soundtracks
- In the demo, 360 can go up to 1080p (in PS3 videos, there are 1080p DMC4 versions)
- 360 tears a little bit

[quote name='KingBroly']That's exactly how I did it.

Here's a rundown of what I can gather about this game on each console:

- PS3 has better controls
- PS3 has 5.1, uncompressed audio
- PS3 assumes you have rumble (you don't have a choice to turn it on/off)

- Both have achievements both in-game and out (They're the same, but it seems to be a workaround for Home atm)
- Certain visuals look better on each console (Ice on 360, Fire on PS3)
- In the demo, both versions have slightly noticable white lines (most likely a scaling issue as the higher the resolution, the less noticable they are)

- 360 has custom soundtracks
- In the demo, 360 can go up to 1080p (in PS3 videos, there are 1080p DMC4 versions)
- 360 tears a little bit[/QUOTE]

They couldn't have planned those strengths/weaknesses any better. Slight dip in the PS3's favor, if you have a 5.1 system that plays uncompressed audio and a non-crt HDTV.

PS3 version has uncompressed audio? Might actually pick up that version rather than the PC version if that's the case... since I'm not too sure that the PC version would have that advantage. Eh, worst case scenario, I can sell it.

Looks like I'll be buying this game on schedule, and not even feeling guilty about it.

[quote name='Maklershed']Your opinion is your opinion and I dont give a hoot one way or another on what system you get it on but I dont understand your reasons: [/quote]

1. The DMC series are Playstation to start with, so it's only natural to be played on the Playstation controller. X360 is fine, but i don't like the trigger buttons as some punching/kicking button (don't feel right).
Wouldnt this then correlate to the dualshock trigger (L2/R2) buttons?

It's a bit more than that... well, the layout the controller is the same, i.e. the positioning of the sticks. The X360 is quite comfy for FPS, but i don't think i wanna play God of War kinda games with it. So, if i want to stay in the comfy zone, yeah, i'm leaning toward the PS controller.

2. As to rumble, i'll be getting the new PS3 controller anyway... Yes, it's $50 more, but so what, it's for all of the other PS3 games.

Or you could get it for free with a 360 controller.

true true... but i need another PS3 controller anyway (multiplayer mode you know, i gotta four Wiimotes afterall). Now, only if the X360 comes with 2-4 controllers, then i will say, fuck that shit, i got all the controllers i need...

3. Loading times... yes, the PS3 will take up some HDD space, but no biggies, upgrading to a bigger HDD on the PS3 is cheaper than X360.
You only have the arcade version of the 360? Even still .. doesnt it have enough room for game saves or am I missing something?

Yeah, you're missing the point a bit, people say that the PS3 version installs some stuffs on the HDD, which will take up space. However, like most people, i'm willing to let go that space to make the game load faster. I said that b/c i'm running low on HDD space on my 60gb PS3... so giving up more space can be a problem. However, giving that the option of upgrading to a bigger HDD on the PS3 is fairly cheap (comparing value-wise to the X360, not that the X360 needs to get a bigger HDD though, you can argue that...).

4. My X360 replacement is running smoothly for now, but i'm not gonna rish another can't-play-shit-for-a-month moment.

Just another way saying, in case my X360 goes RRoD, i can still play DMC4...

So anyone get the game? If you got a Collector's Edition, was it signed? Someone said that they were randomly signing the CE games. Just wondering if anyone was lucky, or was this a bogus claim?

This is what I got:

DMC4get.jpg

bread's done
Back