Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

Nightmare was actually not as hard as I thought, but Hell is pretty hard.

Ok I'm level 50 Wiz so I have only 2805 DPS unbuffed atm, with 981 INT and 677 Vit. I think I'm at 3,700ish dps when I'm buffed and 18k HP. Should I ditch my equips with Vit and use Energy Armor instead?

Does anyone know how to add the option to look for ___ damage in the auction house? I hate looking through the auction house :(

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Not only is the sessionID exploit out there but, by my count, there are at least two wallhack/botting apps floating around as well.[/QUOTE]
You know, I'm skeptical about all this. Blizzard issued a statement refuting claims of authenticator hacked accounts, etc. Blizzard has certainly lied by omission before but people tend to exaggerate the truth of how they got hacked (it's almost certainly their fault 99.9% of the time). Who do you believe?

[quote name='Jodou']You know, I'm skeptical about all this. Blizzard issued a statement refuting claims of authenticator hacked accounts, etc. Blizzard has certainly lied by omission before but people tend to exaggerate the truth of how they got hacked (it's almost certainly their fault 99.9% of the time). Who do you believe?[/QUOTE]

I believe Blizzard believes their authenitcator is strong as well I believe that there are plenty of accounts that got hacked using above avg security measures...I also believe there are ton of ppl who got hacked that didn't use protection and visit pron sites when the servers are down.

if Blizzard didn't support their claims about the authenicator, i'm sure they'd lose a lot more rep which would hurt them financially.

If anyone playing a Wizard wants to do Act IV Inferno (Izual + Diablo), PM me. Please have some good gear and don't suck :)

Also, I upped my standard to a CE so I have an extra standard edition CD key if anyone is looking for one. $50 for it. Save $10!

Since beta, hackers have been sniffing out various calls and values in order to get server emulation working and my guess would be that somewhere in there some cert spoofing happened and someone just happened to stumble upon the sessionID stuffs as it is encrypted but apparently not hidden as well as it should be.

A fake cert here, a bad bounce there, and so forth.

Either way, true or not, I'd advise people not to participate in public games and add the SMS level of security to whatever their existing measures are. (authenticators included)

It never hurts to add another layer or two.

And yes, Jodou, I expect the full truth to be somewhere in the middle.

After playing enough of the monk I am generally finding him really boring now. Looking for a new class to main, something that is more than just massive click spam. Looking for something with more of a AOE Focus. Don't know if I want Witch Doctor or Wizard.

Dying to get this but need to upgrade computers. How do you guys think the hp dv6 c35dx (best buy deal) would do? Not a hardcore gamer and don't mind low settings I'm just worried about lag during big fights

[quote name='Jodou']So glad I could farm for a few minutes this morning. My SP isn't disrupted at all by server maintenance, just the way it should be. Blizzard always makes the best choices.[/QUOTE]

How's that? I couldn't even log in with the server maintenance.

How the heck does the AH timeout? Been that way for about a day for me....yet it somehow still gave me some gems I tried to buyout. Timeout on selling and purchasing....strange.

[quote name='guyver2077']Hoping someone can help me with a general registration /cd key issue..

Friend bought the game and registered the game but then found out his pc cant run the game.. (i know.. retarted)

Anyway.. he's trying to sell.. is it pretty much useless to buy assuming he gives me all the login info?[/QUOTE]

If your friend bought the game, that means it's registered to their battle.net account. If that's the case, they would have to give you their battle.net account AND the email address they used for battle.net account for you to truly have full control over it. I wouldn't recommend this btw.

Oh and if you friend has any other Blizzard games on their account, they would technically become yours. Depending on how well you know this person, they could probably take the account back at anytime without even telling you too since they should have the answers to the "forgot my password" questions for both battle.net and the email account.

[quote name='jmbreci']How the heck does the AH timeout?[/QUOTE]

That's what happens when you go from having multitudes of realms for each region each with their own AH to one AH for each region. (WoW vs. Diablo III)

It'll also be interesting to see if something along the lines of Auctioneer pops-up.

Not sure if Auctioneer would work since you actually are not playing the game itself while in the AH. They did that for a reason - not that I know it, but they are meticulous for learning from past problems.

Never been more frustrated with lag and timeouts than tonight. Lag gets me killed 3 times; then the game times out after I get 2 rares I would actually use - causing me to redo the event and only get a single magical (crap) item; AH times out costing me something I actually wanted and I cannot purchase any gems. Awesome fucking night Blizzard. But hey, according the site everything is up and functional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my CE shipped from Kmart. Ended up selling it. Had it on come on release day like I was expecting, I would have torn it to shreds opening it. But after all the waiting and I spent alot of time reading on the forums about all of the problems going on. I think I'll wait a couple of months and pray it goes on sale. Hopefully by then alot of the problems will be fixed.

Fired it up to play a few minutes before work, and was greeted with three Champion packs right on top of each by the checkpoint in Act II Hell. Needless to say, that was fun. :roll:

[quote name='jmbreci']

Never been more frustrated with lag and timeouts than tonight. Lag gets me killed 3 times; then the game times out after I get 2 rares I would actually use - causing me to redo the event and only get a single magical (crap) item; AH times out costing me something I actually wanted and I cannot purchase any gems. Awesome fucking night Blizzard. But hey, according the site everything is up and functional.
[/QUOTE]

Last night was the worst i've seen it so far - didn't play too much.

[quote name='jmbreci']How the heck does the AH timeout? Been that way for about a day for me....yet it somehow still gave me some gems I tried to buyout. Timeout on selling and purchasing....strange.[/QUOTE]
I can't wait for the lawsuits over the RMT AH. You get timeout errors but the request is still put in limbo until the server can process it. This leads to multiple requests for the same thing and is very confusing since it can take up to an hour for it to be processed. I was buying and selling stuff the other day and I'm not even sure I ended up with all the money I was due. What was really bad was seeing my money drain from trying to buy something half an hour ago, only to find it returned on the AH tab as a failed attempt. The AH even crashed last night so who knows what happens in those cases.

All I know is the lag isn't getting better and is worse when I'm playing with friends. I really, really think Blizzard made a huge mistake because so far the always on DRM has been more harmful than any hackers I faced in D2.

I need some advice here. I feel like my barb is really weak at lvl 31. Hes only dealing about 450-500 damage and im trying to stack strength in the gear with some VIT for his health.

What am i doing wrong? this is my first time with any diablo and im having a blast i just want to improve my skills. I havent upgraded my weapons in 6-7 levels because i havent gotten any drops that have been better.

Forgive me if it's been mentioned but apparently Leatrix's WoW TCP adjustments work for Diablo III as well. (personally my latency was always in the 200+ range before applying it and now it stays at around 90)

Apparently Blizzard has nerfed a bunch of skills today. Including Smoke Screen for DH, which was essentially their only viable survival skill in the later difficulties.

[quote name='bvharris']Apparently Blizzard has nerfed a bunch of skills today. Including Smoke Screen for DH, which was essentially their only viable survival skill in the later difficulties.[/QUOTE]

i think they are trying to encourage the later level of hell and inferno should be played cooperatively.

[quote name='100xp']i think they are trying to encourage the later level of hell and inferno should be played cooperatively.[/QUOTE]

It's fine to encourage that, but IIRC they said Inferno should be solo-able with any class. SS was the only real way for a DH to survive Hell and Inferno where they can pretty easily be one hit by even some mobs.

I think Blizzard was annoyed by how quickly people beat Inferno, and while it's hard to argue that SS was overpowered, they pretty much nerfed it into oblivion from what I'm reading.

[quote name='Jodou']Weapon damage and rings/neck with + damage on them. Your DPS should skyrocket once you've upgraded those.[/QUOTE]

weapons damage such as +2-4 damage etc? Any kind of damage like poison lightning etc should help as well correct?

Loving D3! Im not hardcore or anything so im taking my time going through normal. I already made all 5 classes trying to see what i like to main...

Started off as a barbarian solo until Act 2. For the 2nd-5th toon i decided to Co-op. For the most part, i usually get paired to people who are doing speed runs on quests. It was nice getting to level 8-9 in less than 1 hour and defeating the
Skeleton King

I also tried to AH... its nice to hunt for deals. I usually search for rare equipments (yellow) just to upgrade the magic items my toons have. If you get lucky some deals are dirt cheap. (e.g. i got a lvl 20 2 slot 94 armor for my barbarian for like 539 gold) Of course there will always be auction snipers but since there are alot of items for grabs... not really a big deal.

So far im liking both Demon Hunter and Wizard class.

[quote name='bvharris']It's fine to encourage that, but IIRC they said Inferno should be solo-able with any class. SS was the only real way for a DH to survive Hell and Inferno where they can pretty easily be one hit by even some mobs.

I think Blizzard was annoyed by how quickly people beat Inferno, and while it's hard to argue that SS was overpowered, they pretty much nerfed it into oblivion from what I'm reading.[/QUOTE]

The people who already beat Inferno did it the lame way, using exploits and running past mobs. People who play the game normally shouldn't be punished because some people sucked the fun out of the game and played it like a bunch of jackasses.

[quote name='SEH']The people who already beat Inferno did it the lame way, using exploits and running past mobs. People who play the game normally shouldn't be punished because some people sucked the fun out of the game and played it like a bunch of jackasses.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It wasn't like the game became easy for DH with SS/Prep. It was certainly easier, but you still had to pay attention and manage your resources well.

I seriously doubt I'm going to be able to even solo the rest of Hell (I'm in Act II now) post-nerf. I guess I'll just have to see how brutal it is tonight.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Forgive me if it's been mentioned but apparently Leatrix's WoW TCP adjustments work for Diablo III as well. (personally my latency was always in the 200+ range before applying it and now it stays at around 90)[/QUOTE]

Ping is exactly the same for me (200+).

[quote name='scrub0bk']weapons damage such as +2-4 damage etc? Any kind of damage like poison lightning etc should help as well correct?[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I meant DPS for weapons and +damage for the rings/neck. Elemental damage I don't think even exists outside of weapons. Those are rolled up into weapon DPS anyway.

Noob Questions:

Having a normal laptop that can only run D3 on low settings... i have experienced some slowdowns on specified areas. For example, when i played my 5 toons against the first major boss in Act 1
Skeleton King
, i can hardly move around even though the map for the boss fight was small... why is that?

[quote name='SEH']The people who already beat Inferno did it the lame way, using exploits and running past mobs. People who play the game normally shouldn't be punished because some people sucked the fun out of the game and played it like a bunch of jackasses.[/QUOTE]

sadly this is hard to police as ppl will always try to find a way to beat the system for their personal gain...im sure the community will quickly find a new though less efficient way to do so admist the changes.

gawd...i hate the word toons in reference to videogames now.

Uh, running past mobs isn't lame. Who the hell wants to kill everything in the way when you're already 60 and just want to beat the game? This isn't WoW and skipping trash is hardly cheap. The only inferno kills I've seen were legit as well, no exploiting unless you mean they figured out clever ways to use their skills. Nothing cheap about that.

What I would consider dumb is that you can revive people during a boss fight. I mean, coming from WoW that's a pretty big step for Blizzard. Makes it very easy IMO.

Diablo games have always had pretty relaxed rules, it's part of the fun.

I'm almost out of Act 1 Inferno and I know I won't be able to get far into Act II unless I get some gear upgrades. Inferno is ridiculous but it is surmountable, so maybe this game would of benefited from a ladder system after all...

Yea it's not exploiting ... just clever.

Inferno is rough lol. Especially for melee classes, but I rather have the challange rather than easy mode.

Also I believe the ladder system didn't come out until much later than the game did, it's something that could very well be implemented and I can see it happening to keep the game fresh.

I'm a complete n00b in the online scene. Is having high latency the one causing my character to teleport around and cause my wizard to delay on shooting stuff out of her hands?

[quote name='panzerfaust']I'm almost out of Act 1 Inferno and I know I won't be able to get far into Act II unless I get some gear upgrades. Inferno is ridiculous but it is surmountable, so maybe this game would of benefited from a ladder system after all...[/QUOTE]
I'm going through Hell now and it feels like this game is going to pigeonhole me into tanking as a barb. That or I haven't quite figured out what stats to stack yet. Using leap for the armor boost and intimidating shout while spamming revenge has worked well so far, but against elements I just melt. I'll just wait for some elitist jerks to crunch the numbers for me ha.

[quote name='glemtvapen']I'm a complete n00b in the online scene. Is having high latency the one causing my character to teleport around and cause my wizard to delay on shooting stuff out of her hands?[/QUOTE]

Yup.

What is the benefit of using mighty weapons/belt as a barb? Other than the perk weapon master, I see no difference except the weapon dps mighty sucks. I know they're graphically larger, but some 1h swords I've seen lately are just as big. Is there some inherent trait I'm not seeing here? I wish Blizz would have just let us DW 2H like they did with warriors in WoW lol.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm going through Hell now and it feels like this game is going to pigeonhole me into tanking as a barb. That or I haven't quite figured out what stats to stack yet. Using leap for the armor boost and intimidating shout while spamming revenge has worked well so far, but against elements I just melt. I'll just wait for some elitist jerks to crunch the numbers for me ha.[/QUOTE]

I haven't really played any other class (besides monk), but I've had essentially the same "build" since late Nightmare. That is, building the character for survival above all. Though, I solo, but the character makes a good tank and can handle himself well, though I'm only at 4400 DPS at mid-Act 2. I pretty much need the survivability for bosses and most champs. All of my gear is +Dex/+Vitality. I imagine it'd be the same for the barb... Though, it's even better for me, since I'm constantly healing myself. (skill use generates health, as well as a direct heal, plus a bubble that heals)

I imagine a tank barb and a tank monk doing pretty well together... I played with Pookymeister's wizard, too, and that was an excellent team. I can't wait to do that again.

[quote name='Jodou']What is the benefit of using mighty weapons/belt as a barb? Other than the perk weapon master, I see no difference except the weapon dps mighty sucks. I know they're graphically larger, but some 1h swords I've seen lately are just as big. Is there some inherent trait I'm not seeing here? I wish Blizz would have just let us DW 2H like they did with warriors in WoW lol.[/QUOTE]

It's likely just a case of shitty mighty drops for you. All the gear is randomized, so chances are quite good that you'll get a better regular 1-hander or 2-hander. A friend of mine plays a wizard, but he's using a 2-handed sword instead of a staff or wand because it has a ton of intelligence for some reason and does a lot of damage.

And the correct complaint is "I wish Blizz would have just let us DW 2H like they did in Diablo 2."

[quote name='JasonTerminator']It's likely just a case of shitty mighty drops for you. All the gear is randomized, so chances are quite good that you'll get a better regular 1-hander or 2-hander. A friend of mine plays a wizard, but he's using a 2-handed sword instead of a staff or wand because it has a ton of intelligence for some reason and does a lot of damage.

And the correct complaint is "I wish Blizz would have just let us DW 2H like they did in Diablo 2."[/QUOTE]
Problem is they didn't itemize the weapons on the same level requirement and mighty seems to always be the one lagging behind. I've looked on the AH and generally it's a good 40 dps behind if not more sometimes. So the bottomline is once everything is 60 they should pull ahead, but otherwise do nothing special. And I had no idea barbs could in D2 since I never played one back then. All I knew about them was to save any CCBs I found for trading purposes.

Also, this. It makes me sad that I fall into #3 as I actually looked into getting the wolf sigil, only to find out it's for doing all the time trials which I hate lol.

I've been sacrificing everything for DPS as a Wizard. Even if I run resistances/vitality it's still certain death when I get caught -- much better to kite as long as possible while doing the most damage possible.

Random musings/observations/rants/etc:
-I like that they got rid of the scrolls for the portal and identifying rares, but then wonder why even bother having to identify rares in the first place.
-I really really dislike the gold/health x yards away and health globes grant x amount of health mods.
-Since drops are all your own if you're playing with others, I really want the option to at least auto pickup gold/health potions/pages and tomes.
-The auction house has really devalued the blacksmith/jeweler for me.
-I want to access the auction house "in game."
-I also want the ability to save searches in the AH.
-As a wizard (the only class I've tried so far) I don't see the need to equip a two handed weapon or a one handed weapon and the off hand item that is not a shield. I bought a 513 damage wand for something around 25-30k. I know there are one handed weapons that reach 1000 damage but are out of my price range.
-I really like to click. A lot.
-Despite no end game atm, D3 is just plain fun.
-If you're still reading this, a D3 guest pass goes to the first person to post an image of a wizard.

[quote name='SeanAmI']My character just got stripped and I lost everything. Hackers I guess.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that bro... did you get invited to a public game?
I usually join random public games through the options screen but i never accept invites. tsk!

Blizzard has always been good with getting my stuff back to me when I played WoW, hopefully they can help you out here.

Getting hacked on WoW was always a blessing for me because I'd get everything back, more than I originally had, and the thief always was kind enough to max out my professions for me.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']If anyone playing a Wizard wants to do Act IV Inferno (Izual + Diablo), PM me. Please have some good gear and don't suck :)

Also, I upped my standard to a CE so I have an extra standard edition CD key if anyone is looking for one. $50 for it. Save $10![/QUOTE]

Is this still available

[quote name='Rhett']I haven't really played any other class (besides monk), but I've had essentially the same "build" since late Nightmare. That is, building the character for survival above all. Though, I solo, but the character makes a good tank and can handle himself well, though I'm only at 4400 DPS at mid-Act 2. I pretty much need the survivability for bosses and most champs. All of my gear is +Dex/+Vitality. I imagine it'd be the same for the barb... Though, it's even better for me, since I'm constantly healing myself. (skill use generates health, as well as a direct heal, plus a bubble that heals)

I imagine a tank barb and a tank monk doing pretty well together... I played with Pookymeister's wizard, too, and that was an excellent team. I can't wait to do that again.[/QUOTE]

Can you spec out your Monk skills for me? PM is fine if you do not want to post here/others do not want to hear it. I'm lv 30 and am doing +dex and +vit as well.

I'll say one thing for the DH nerf now that I've played for a bit with the new Smoke Screen: It's going to force me to become a lot better at kiting.

bread's done
Back