Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='mav451']I was under the impression there were quite a few mods for D2. Single player or LAN only, if you will though. I remember I was considering trying one, but then the ladder reset, and I was back on B.Net instead.[/QUOTE]

There were. There was a huge and still is for how old D2 is a pretty decent sized mod community(check phrozen keep). Thats exactly why I think that Blizzard needs to tip their hat and recognize that fact.

Heh regarding that, I can't wait to see what kind of UMS are possible with SC2. Everyone's concentrating on the main game, but people shouldn't forget the UMS part of SC as well. Blizzard's pretty open (look at how they're working with S.Korea on SC2)...so I expect it'll be ok.

I'd much rather Blizzard lock down their code than make it mod friendly. Cheating on Closed Battle.net killed the game for me. The only way to get anywhere is to bot.

[quote name='MSI Magus']There were. There was a huge and still is for how old D2 is a pretty decent sized mod community(check phrozen keep). Thats exactly why I think that Blizzard needs to tip their hat and recognize that fact.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']I'd much rather Blizzard lock down their code than make it mod friendly. Cheating on Closed Battle.net killed the game for me. The only way to get anywhere is to bot.[/QUOTE]

....again those are cheats and exploits not mods.

Still don't know how the 47k dorks on that petition ever got through D2, especially if they played D1.

Don't listen to 'em, Blizz. Those idiots will plunk down for the CE faster than anyone else.

[quote name='Serik']Diablo II has sold over 4 million copies. [/QUOTE]

Only? That seems extraorinarily low given the pedigree it enjoys amongst its fans.

I would have put it over 7 million....

(googles)

The wiki says 4 million, but that figure is from 2001. It's got to be way over that by now. Can't seem to find any info on modern numbers though...

[quote name='Serik']Diablo II has sold over 4 million copies. 47,000 angry internet dorks is nothing.[/QUOTE]
You've obviously never taken a business class.

1 upset customer calling in = 1,000,000 upset customers not calling in
1 upset customer writing in = 100,000 upset customers not writing in
1 upset customer signing a petition = 10,000 upset customers not signing a petition

47,000 signatures means 470,000,000 upset customers! At this rate, Diablo 3 won't even sell zero copies. They're somewhere around negative 466,000,000 at the moment.

It's called math. Do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kayden']I'd much rather Blizzard lock down their code than make it mod friendly. Cheating on Closed Battle.net killed the game for me. The only way to get anywhere is to bot.[/QUOTE]
Thats not true at all.

You can also have friends who bot and then give you all their shit when they quit once they realize they aren't even playing the game ;)

[quote name='Liquid 2']Me, Moxio, and Rock88 started on USWest non-ladder yesterday. Just reached Act III today.[/QUOTE]
Nice to see.

I'd help you guys out, but I don't ever keep my characters once they turn non-ladder. Ladder only for me : /

[quote name='crystalklear64']Nice to see.

I'd help you guys out, but I don't ever keep my characters once they turn non-ladder. Ladder only for me : /[/QUOTE]
We got marten to join us yesterday as well. Me and Mox will be starting Nightmare tonight, more than likely. :)

You could always give us some gear when they turn non-ladder (I didn't know that happened...) before you delete them, of course. :D

[quote name='Strell']Only? That seems extraorinarily low given the pedigree it enjoys amongst its fans.

I would have put it over 7 million....

(googles)

The wiki says 4 million, but that figure is from 2001. It's got to be way over that by now. Can't seem to find any info on modern numbers though...[/QUOTE]

According to the back of the Diablo Battlechest that I bought about a year and a half ago, over 7 million copies were sold. It isn't clear if that is just the numbers for D2, the expansion or both.

[quote name='MSI Magus']....again those are cheats and exploits not mods.[/quote]

Again, they are mods. Let me dumb it down.

A car is a vehicle, but a vehicle is not necessarily a car.

A cheat is a mod, but a mod is not necessarily a cheat.

The term 'mod' encompasses more than you are using it to define.

Personally I wouldn't care how you use the term, but I do not like being corrected when I am using a term correctly. I'm sure Kayden doesn't appreciate it either.

On topic: Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction have both sold more than 20 million copies since their release in 2000 and 2001.

According to dailytech.com http://www.dailytech.com/Blizzard+Entertainment+Announces+Diablo+III+in+the+Works/article12222.htm

[quote name='Strell']Whoa, slow down![/QUOTE]

:lol:

It has come to my attention that the best leveling to be had is Baal runs? :whistle2:k

Wow this game has changed.

[quote name='slowdive21']Again, they are mods. Let me dumb it down.

A car is a vehicle, but a vehicle is not necessarily a car.

A cheat is a mod, but a mod is not necessarily a cheat.

The term 'mod' encompasses more than you are using it to define.

Personally I wouldn't care how you use the term, but I do not like being corrected when I am using a term correctly. I'm sure Kayden doesn't appreciate it either.

On topic: Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction have both sold more than 20 million copies since their release in 2000 and 2001.

According to dailytech.com http://www.dailytech.com/Blizzard+Entertainment+Announces+Diablo+III+in+the+Works/article12222.htm[/QUOTE]

*yawns* But your not using the term correctly. Most of the internet by searching for the word mod disagrees with you too.

[quote name='Moxio']Hey CK64 hook me up with some stuff. :cool:[/QUOTE]
I only have 2 items left from non-ladder, but you guys can fight over them if you want.

I have a sorceress hellfire torch and an annihilus.

And @ liquid, I'll be happy to give you my stuff when my guys turn non-ladder, but that only happens after a ladder reset, and with this current one so recent, that could be a year or more of waiting.

I'm 72 (or 71?), and Rock is maybe one or two levels beneath me. Mox is around 75.

I think we can start tonight, if everyone is around. Moxio was absent yesterday, so I don't know what he's up to.

Well I just started US west ladder if any 1 wants to play with me. Account name is chodax and I have a 82 druid and 42 zon so I can rush you and such. Whisper me :D

So would it just be a hopeless endeavor if I were to jump into the BNet incarnation of D2 at this point, having never been there before?

Well for the most part, good builds are already known, so quick searches at diabloii.net or d2jsp should net you good advice. I would recommend not veering too much from these builds as it is risky, and you could end up with a shitty or botched character. E.g. unless your a magezon, don't put a single point into energy. Or for HP sorcs, don't put any points into Warmth or Energy. The list goes on...

[quote name='Liquid 2']Not at all, Tahoe.

Want to join us tonight, chodax? We'll be starting out Hell, if enough people are around.[/quote]

Are you US west and ladder? if so I am down for whatever. Just give me a whisper at *chodax

Man, whatever happened must have been really damn cool. :lol:

I won't be on tonight until after midnight CST, if at all.

edit: Although I guess I could always get on before 1ish for a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm around now and will be on bnet till late in the evening, though might not be at the computer, but ofc if you send a message I'll see it when I get back.

Bought LoD on Ebay today for $13 shipped. I'll jump on Bnet as soon as I've got it. Guess I'll be caught up with you guys in...awhile :p

[quote name='TahoeMax']Bought LoD on Ebay today for $13 shipped. I'll jump on Bnet as soon as I've got it. Guess I'll be caught up with you guys in...awhile :p[/quote]

Curious, why not buy the 2 CD keys of g2buy for $5?

if anyone wants free shizz on USeast non-ladder lemmme know

my old ladder characters expired since last time I was on, so I have no use for it :(

[quote name='cdietschrun']Curious, why not buy the 2 CD keys of g2buy for $5?[/quote]

I prefer having original physical products...and is buying those keys even legal? I can't imagine it would be.

I forgot Diablo II even existed. I am downloading the OS X patches now and I think I will try it later. I haven't played the game since 2004.

bread's done
Back