Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

Diablofans has found the 2.1 build in their scans so its highly likely the patch is tomorrow after the 10 hour maintenance. 

edit: The battle.net launcher now says 2.1 will be deployed tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
How essential is the expansion if I'm not really interested in the new class?  Are the items, rifts, level ups, adventure that big of a deal?

I used to be hardcore with D2 and my friend keeps hassling me to get D3 + expansion but there are some things in concept I'm not a huge fan of currently with D3- I also hate coming late to the party.  They are $16 (GCU) at Best Buy and I'm thinking of just getting the base game.

I also have hardly touched Path of Exile which I could play instead.

Thanks!

How essential is the expansion if I'm not really interested in the new class? Are the items, rifts, level ups, adventure that big of a deal?

I used to be hardcore with D2 and my friend keeps hassling me to get D3 + expansion but there are some things in concept I'm not a huge fan of currently with D3- I also hate coming late to the party. They are $16 (GCU) at Best Buy and I'm thinking of just getting the base game.

I also have hardly touched Path of Exile which I could play instead.

Thanks!
to me, it really isnt worth it if you dont get the expansion. adventure mode keeps this game going.

the update is able to be downloaded, now. i had to restart the battle.net launcher and open the game. i got the notification, then.

looks like the season stuff starts Friday. Haven't decided if I should try a new character or something I've played before (to use the loot I earn after the season).

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought to get season loot you must start a new character each season.  I have been known to be wrong....from time to time.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought to get season loot you must start a new character each season. I have been known to be wrong....from time to time.
Yeah, the video explaining the update said something to that effect. But the loot transfers to your regular stash after the season...from time to time.

So, when a season is over, does the loot go to your Normal or Hardcore stash? Really hoping you can choose and it doesn't just default to Normal considering I don't play on Normal at all.

So, when a season is over, does the loot go to your Normal or Hardcore stash? Really hoping you can choose and it doesn't just default to Normal considering I don't play on Normal at all.
from what they were explaining, it depends on the seasons character you create; hardcore seasons character loot goes to hardcore character, normal seasons goes to normal character (they kept saying 'main" character, but I assume that splits too between reg and hardcore).

edit: the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkQMVZgb-Ck&feature=youtu.be

Derp, that never even crossed my mind.

Sorry to keep asking these newb questions. How much of this 2.1 affects standard D3?
Uhh...probably none of it. Seasons, Rifts/Greater Rifts, Leaderboards, etc... are not present at all in vanilla. The only thing that would probably be affected would just be the character balance. There is literally zero reason to just buy vanilla D3. You can get both combined for like $40 at Best Buy right now. Either do that, or don't bother.

OK that makes it easy then. Thought maybe the eseasons would be in plain. None of the BB around have ros in stock so I'll pass on the whole thing then and try poe again.

Thanks!

If you intend to play the game, this weekend is the time since gold find has been increased by 100% and there is double the goblins. A lot of gold is required to make the best gems and re-rolling stats on gear.

To celebrate the arrival of this major content update, all players who log into Diablo III this week on Windows or Mac will not only receive a +100% bonus to Gold Find, but all Treasure Goblin spawns in the game have been doubled! (As with our previous buff, please note that the Gold Find bonus will stack multiplicatively with existing bonuses including those provided by items and Paragon points.)

This bonus Gold Find and double Treasure Goblin period begins in the Americas region today, August 26, and ends on Tuesday, September 2, at 11:59 p.m. PDT.

I assume we'll have to level artisans for season characters so this bonus gold will be welcome.

Played some T2 with my monk last night and didn't see a world of difference, although one of my passive slots was unselected. I can only assume that one of the talents was removed/reworked. Worth checking.

As for seasons, I've barely touched the Barbarian class so I'll go with that I think. Any idea what time seasons go live? It should be easy to find a group for levelling.

Is seasons even worth it for someone who isn't especially concerned about competing to be the leet best of the best?
Well what else are you gonna do? Eh? Eh?

There's special achievements and loot and something and something and pixels and stuff and shut up stop making it sound rubbish I've looked forward to this all week.

I mean, if you don't want to level a new character, then I guess it's not worth it?

Outside of that, there is really no reason not to play seasons. New legendary items, multiple leaderboards (achievements, grift times, conquest), and if you get a character to max level you get a special transmog at the end of the season.

Hmm okay I guess I will give it a shot. I already have 1 character of each class maxed but I don't mind starting a new one. And new special shiny junk and cosmetic crap sounds fine too.

I just don't care about leaderboards at all because I won't be making it on there unless there's a last place board.

The first level 70 on EU servers took 67 minutes to get there.

I hit 26 with about 90 mins of playtime. Grouping & rifting is easy levelling. Just get ready for a gazillion achievement spams.

I was going to say that it sucks that I tossed all my decent non-70 gear when I got one of each class to 70 and thought I was done leveling but I suppose I should just plevel.

To be honest I don't know for sure either, but I believe that's how it worked in the PoE ladder system, so I assumed D3 would be the same.

Seasons are totally separate from the regular game. No items, stash space, or vendor levels carry over. You're basically starting from scratch.

Friends and I all got to 65 and decided to call it a night. Kinda sucked being an hour and a half in and seeing two people already ding 70. Some MAJOR exploiting going on there. Those same two also were the first to kill Malthiel on T6 in HC which is absolutely retarded.

[quote name="SEH" post="12051651" timestamp="1409388906"]Seasons are totally separate from the regular game. No items, stash space, or vendor levels carry over. You're basically starting from scratch.

Friends and I all got to 65 and decided to call it a night. Kinda sucked being an hour and a half in and seeing two people already ding 70. Some MAJOR exploiting going on there. Those same two also were the first to kill Malthiel on T6 in HC which is absolutely retarded.[/quote]

Nice you got that far. All I could manage was standing in town while others ran bounties for XP. I got somewhere in the 30s and quit for the night. No clue how anyone is able to hold their own in T6 while leveling themselves, let alone carry others at the same time. Kill Malthiel? Forget about it. Ain't happening with me. Not until I'm fully geared, anyway.

Do I get honorary membership into Big Grandma Fish gamers group?

Do I get honorary membership into Big Grandma Fish gamers group?
I should start one. :lol:

I enjoy this game but I don't think I enjoy this game in the same way that a lot of other people do and I definitely know my ability sure as hell ain't to their level.

[quote name="motoki" post="12051931" timestamp="1409410092"]I should start one. :lol:

I enjoy this game but I don't think I enjoy this game in the same way that a lot of other people do and I definitely know my ability sure as hell ain't to their level.[/quote]

Make the clan and I'll join it.

I do not know if this is the right thread or not but I am looking to do some sort of trading.

[Want] Diablo 3: Gold, Crafting Materials, Gear, ect

[Have] Game Key Codes:

STEAM Keys

1000 Amps

A Virus Named Tom

Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded

Anodyne

APB Reloaded (Stackable Premium Pack)

Arma: Gold

Avencast

Aveyond: Lord of Twilight

Axis Game Factory Premium

Axis Game Factory's Fantasy Side-Scroller Player DLC

Axis Game Factory's Zombie FPS Player DLC

Aztaka

Bang Bang Racing

Betrayer

Bioshock Infinite

Blood Bowl Legendary Edition

Blue Toad Murder Files

Brutal Legend (2 Copies)

C&C: Red Alert 3: Uprising

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow Ultimate Edition

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow - Mirror Of Fate HD Edition 

Clickr

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising

Commandos 3: Destination Berlin

Crayon Physics Deluxe

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition

Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love

Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars

Dead Space (3 Copies)

Deadly 30 (2 Copies)

Death to Spies : Gold

Defcon Soundtrack

Defenders of Ardania

Dino-D-Day

Disciples III: Reincarnation

Disciples III: Resurrection

Dollar Dash

Driftmoon (2 Copies)

Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project

Dungeonland

Dungeons: The Dark Lord

Earth 2160

Eets Munchies (3 Copies)

Enclave

Europa Universalis 3 Complete (3 Copies)

Fearless Fantasy

Fortix 2

Frozen Hearth (2 Copies)

Garshasp: The Monster Slayer (2 Copies)

Gettysburg: Armored Warfare

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (3 Copies)

Gotham City Imposters Professional Kit

Gravi

Greed Corp (3 Copies)

Greed: Black Border

Guardians of Graxia + Maps

Hacker Evolution Duality : Inception Part 1 DLC

Hacker Evolution Duality : Inception Part 2 DLC

Hacker Evolution Duality : Inception Part 3 DLC

Hacker Evolution Duality (2 Copies)

Hacker Evolution Duality Hardcore Package 1

Hammerfight

Hero Of The Kingdom

Hoard Complete Pack

HumbleBundle Deep Silver Rebundle - Saints Row 2, 3 Risen 2, Sacred 2 Gold

Huntsman: The Orphanage

Huntsman: The Orphanage - Halloween Edition

Hydrophobia Prophecy (5 Copies)

I Am Vegend - Zombiegeddon

IBOMBER ATTACK (2 keys, 1 possible used)

Ibomber Defense Pacific

Iesabel

Ignite (2 Copies)

Infected: The Twin Vaccine

Iron Grip: Warlord - Scorched Earth DLC

Iron Grip: Warlord

Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World

King Arthur II: The Role Playing Wargame

King's Bounty Armored Princess

King's Bounty The Legend

King's Bounty: Legions - True Tactician Ultimate Pack

Knight Shift

Legendary (3 Copies)

LEGO Batman

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Limbo

Little Farm

Little Racers STREET

Lucius (2 Copies)

Luxor 5th Passage

Madballs in Babo: Invasion (2 Copies)

Magika

Mark of the Ninja

Medal of Honor

Men Of War

Men Of War: Assault Squad

Men Of War: Assault Squad Complete DLC

Men of War: Condemned Heroes

Men of War: Red Tide (2 Copies)

Metro 2033

Might & Magic Duel of Champions Starter Pack

Miner Wars Arena Special Edition

Muffin Knight

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart

Off-Road Drive (4keys, 1 possible used)

Oil Rush

Pacific Storm Allies (2 Copies)

Party of Sin (2 Copies)

Plain Sight

Planets Under Attack

Postmortem: One Must Die - Extended Cut

Project Aftermath (2 Copies)

Race Injection (2 Copies)

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 (3 Copies)

Reign: Conflict of Nations (3 Copies)

RETRO/GRADE

Sacraboar  (2 Copies)

Saira

Sanctum

Sang-Froid Werewolf

Satazius

Section 8

Shadowgrounds

Shadowgrounds: Survivor

Shank 2

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete

Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army

Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (2 Copies)

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Collector's Edition Content Upgrade

Snuggle Truck

Space Pirates and Zombies (3 Copies)

SpaceChem

Star Wolves 3: Civil War

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The Journey Down: Chapter One

The Showdown Effect (3 Copies)

The Whispered World (2 Copies)

Thomas Was Alone (2 Copies)

Thunder Wolves

Tobe's Vertical Adventure

Tower Wars  (2 Copies)

Trainz Simulator 12

Trine 2 Complete Story

Two Worlds II (2 Copies)

Two Worlds II: Castle Defense

Two Worlds II: Pirates of The Flying Fortress DLC

Velvet Assassin (2 Copies)

War of the Roses: Kingmaker (2 Copies)

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

Warlock 2: The Exiled - The Great Mage Edition (3 Copies)

Warlock Master of the Arcane (3 Copies)

X-Blades

XIII Century - Gold Edition (2 Copies)

Xotic Complete

Zeno Clach

Zombie Bowl-o-Rama (2 Copies)

Desura

Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos

ORIGIN

Burnout Paradise: Ultimate (2 Copies)

Crysis 2: Maximum Edition

Dead Space

Mass Effect 2 (4 Copies)

Red Alert 3: Uprising

Gold and crafting material is account bound so cannot be traded. The legendary gear (the good stuff) is also account bound except if you were in the party when the item dropped. There is a timer for how long the legendary item can be traded too before it becomes account bound. Only blue and yellow gear that has not been equipped can be traded. Diablo 3 is not trader friendly anymore, it is grinding for gear but you can actually get upgrades for free unlike when the auction house existed.

What is this jibber jabber about console people being about send legendary gifts to friends? Is that coming to the PC too or will it be console exclusive?

From the Battle.Net forum:

UEE Console Exclusives

Mail - You can mail items to offline friends so they don’t have to join your games in order to trade. There is a mailbox in town and it will have an envelope icon over it if you have new mail.

Gifts - Sometimes when loot is dropped, there will be a gift dropped. This is an item for someone on your friends list. When you pick it up it goes into your bag slot on your inventory. Bring up your inventory and activate the gift to send it to your friend. They will find it in the mail and it will be a random item. The item isn’t rolled until the recipient opens it and they stay in the mailbox for 30 days. This means people will often not open a gift until they are level 70 to try for the best items in game.

Nemesis - When a monster kills you it can later invade the game of someone on your friends list, along with a shadow copy of you. Should it defeat you or anyone in your party, it will escape and then grow stronger so that the next person it invades will also have a copy of you with it. This can progress for multiple rounds before it is retired. You can tell a Nemesis is coming to your game by the sounding of horns that herald them and the rumbling of your controller.

Apprentice Mode - When a lower level character joins a higher level character, the lower levels’ stats will be boosted to make them able to play near the ability of the higher one. This way you can have a buddy join you while he’s leveling up and you’re just grinding for gear. The lower level player will still get loot appropriate to his level as well, so no worry about looting things you can’t use.
No word from Blizzard yet if these features will eventually make their way to the PC version.

Made my way to a level 25 greater rift last night but got stomped by a ridiculous affix combo at the entrance. Something like thunderstorm, extra fast, plagued and fire chains. One or two shot kills on everyone in the party. I was playing as a pet WD so I never stood a chance because I couldn't proc fetishes.

Just booted up the game for the first time since late 2012 or early 2013.  Amazing how much has improved.  Looks like I'll be buying Reaper of Souls in the near future.

Blizzard desperately needs to look at the way mob density works in greater rifts. For reference, I'm doing T3 solo on my season DH. A level one greater rift is the equivalent to normal difficulty. I just did a level one greater rift and it took me over 10 minutes because there were no fucking mobs anywhere. One floor legit had a single blue pack along with maybe 5-6 white monsters.

Seems stupid to have a competitive leaderboard that's based on how quickly you can clear greater rifts when every single one is different. You can get one that is one giant floor with 90 champion/elite packs that takes a total of three minutes to clear, or you can get what I had that takes ages because there is nothing to kill.

In vanilla D3, the menu says Torment mode has level 70 item drops -- will these still drop (despite being unusable) without Reaper of Souls installed?

edit:

Also, for items that say "Increases damage against elites by x%" or "Damage +x%" or "Increases critical damage by %", and "x Life per hit", do these apply to spells, or just to physical attacks?

edit 2:

Just finished off Diablo on Torment 1 solo, great times.  Time to tackle T2 or T3 or something.

- You will not get level 70 drops.

- All damage modifiers apply to spells as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Did some crafting earlier and made this amazing bow.

weGeAv2.jpg

I forgot to hold CTRL when I took the screenshot, but the damage roll is only 10 shy of max, and the attack speed and damage against elites is maxed. It originally rolled with vitality, but I rolled it into dexterity, then used my Rams Gift to add the socket. It's pretty much perfect. Now I just need to work on finishing my Marauders set.

Playing season now as a DH.  Anyone want's to add me its shazo#1905.  Currently trying to get a full set of Marauder gear.

bread's done
Back