Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/waylo-1783/hero/51753932

Finally got my RoRG tonight, and now have the six piece Marauders set. It's pretty dumb. I've also got the quiver that makes my Chakrams actually generate hatred rather than spend it, so I plop two sentries down and the screen fills with Chakrams everywhere. I took a pretty large hit to my damage by wearing the set (from like 830k down to 715k) but I'm still clearing stuff no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going for the quiver that gives an extra 2 sentries.  I have 4 of the 5 Marauders set.  I hope that I can get RoRG today and the legs after work.  I'd like all 6 just to have all 6, but I think I'll keep the shoulders I have as they stop degrading of my items.  Five sentries just looks fun, however maybe a build like your's and 3 could be fun also with the style I play.

I was originally going to try for the quiver that gives two extra sentries, but it just doesn't seem necessary. If I were to go that route I'd then need CDR as well so I could spam them down fast enough (default they have a six second CD).

As it stands now, I place the first one, 90% of the screen clears, then I get the second one down as everything dies. Putting five, or even three down just seems like overkill. Everything is already dead by the time the third one comes out. Granted, that is at like T3, so maybe they're more useful at T6.

I think it's T6 where you wand 3 or 5 at.  Videos I have seen all seem to be a T6 run and none have killed everything after the first.  More than 2 does seem a bit much till bosses and elites.  

I'm going for the quiver that gives an extra 2 sentries. I have 4 of the 5 Marauders set. I hope that I can get RoRG today and the legs after work. I'd like all 6 just to have all 6, but I think I'll keep the shoulders I have as they stop degrading of my items. Five sentries just looks fun, however maybe a build like your's and 3 could be fun also with the style I play.
Apparently they buffed the cache drops - T6 = 100% cache specific drop. Got another RoRG on 2nd try.

Seems like they also set it up to rotate no drops unless you count trial keys, plans and gear.  Trial keys and plans are the only things have I have been getting for a little over a day now.  This has happened before then for about 2 days I was getting getting gear.  Blood shards aren't getting me anything now that's legendary or set.  I was able to get a 4th part to the Marauder's set and after that all I get are rares.  It seems like the legendary drops might be going back to gear for me though.  I was able to get my first potion, a ring and an item that will let me add a socket to any weapon.

I'm not sure how trading works in the post-Auction House era, but... I'm looking for pieces from the Firebird set if anyone has any.  All I have is the helmet so far.

I'm not sure how trading works in the post-Auction House era, but... I'm looking for pieces from the Firebird set if anyone has any. All I have is the helmet so far.
Unless there is some new thing i'm unaware of , you can only trade things with people who were in the game with you when you found it (and only for 2 hours or something like that)

I'm not sure how trading works in the post-Auction House era, but... I'm looking for pieces from the Firebird set if anyone has any. All I have is the helmet so far.
You can only trade with other people if the item drops while grouped up with them and you only have 2 hours until it binds on account.

Blizzcon this weekend, some new stuff heading to D3 in the next patch.

http://www.diablofans.com

I only skimmed through it so I'll try to list the highlights

New goblins - they drop mats, blood shards, and gems

Rifts/Greater Rifts 

- Density to be increased

- Can revive on corpse, but more deaths will increase the revive timer

- Pylons; pylons like Speed and shield will be buffed, they should appear more regularly 2-4 per rift

New items called "Ancient Legendaries", in short its the same items, but up to 30% higher in stats/dmg. ~5-10% drop rate in t6

New gems, 

Esoteric Alteration: Gain 30% non-Physical damage reduction. Rank 25 Bonus: While below 50% Life, your resistances are increased by 75%.
Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard: Regenerates 50,000 Life per Second. Rank 25 Bonus: After not taking damage for 4 seconds, gain an absorb shield for 200% of your Life per Second.

New Set items for Barbs, Demon Hunters, and Wizards
Barbarian:
- 2P: Rend deals 300% more damage.
- 4P: Rend lasts 300% longer.
- 6P:  Targets affected by Rend take +300% Whirlwind damage.
Demon Hunter:
- 2P: Gain 2 Discipline every time you use a Hatred Generator.
- 4P: Take 20% less damage if there are enemies within 40 yards.
- 6P: Every point of Discipline you currently have increases the damage of your Hatred Generators and Multishot by 10%.
Wizard: Fierce Set
- 2P: Casting Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile, and Shock Pulse reduce the cooldown of Slow Time by 1 second.
- 4P: Enemies affected by your Slow Time take 1250% weapon damage every second.
- 6P: Enemies affected by your Slow Time take 500% more damage from your Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile and Shock Pulse.

Theres a lot more info so just go here http://www.diablofans.com, and scroll down a bit.

Just to clarify the above post, conduit pylons are still there (in grifts). They are not getting modified like the other pylons.

I haven't stopped playing, though I was starting to tire of the current game. I'm excited to see the new patch.

Finally will have a reason to go back to play for ancient items. And less rngs in grift. Blizzard have become horribad nowadays.

The 2.1.2 PTR is up

Patch notes

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16802653/patch-212-ptr-patch-notes-11-18-2014

The new sets are not being introduced in Patch 2.1.2, but a later content patch (not all the sets we plan on implementing are complete yet). While this was mentioned at BlizzCon, the excitement for them was bound to muddle the information a little.
This made me lose interest in the next patch. Its only PTR so there should be more changes, but based on what they've given us so far, I'm going to lose interest fast.

With the new changes M6 is too good from what is being seen.  That's if done right.  I have seen 3-4 shot kills on rift guardians.  I don't expect them to last.  Doesn't matter to me I'll be playing a different class once the next season starts.

With the new changes M6 is too good from what is being seen. That's if done right. I have seen 3-4 shot kills on rift guardians. I don't expect them to last. Doesn't matter to me I'll be playing a different class once the next season starts.
from what ive been reading, it appears i either misunderstood the patch notes, or the patch notes changed. i reread blizz's official 2.1.2 ptr notes and, at present, am not too concerned.

Just hit me up, I'd be happy to give you a hand with my poorly geared and spec'd lv70 seasonal barb.
Have barbs changed much since season 1 started?

my seasons character is a Crusader (thats a class right?), but I just couldnt give a damn about that class.

I definitely liked barb more than any other class.

Have barbs changed much since season 1 started?

my seasons character is a Crusader (thats a class right?), but I just couldnt give a damn about that class.

I definitely liked barb more than any other class.
I'm not sure. There haven't been much of the way in patches since I last played... but that was mostly Wiz & DH. I really haven't paid too much attention to barbs since 2.1. Sifu?

Since the first season started? No major changes. Once Season Two starts, all the PTR updates will be rolled into the big 2.1.2 patch.
Yea, since the first season started. thats when i stopped logging in.

Patch notes seem somewhat interesting. That Raekor set buff looks pretty significant.

I forgot about this whole greater rifts and gem leveling.

Admittedly, that was what kinda turned me off since I wasn't ready to commit to collecting and leveling those.

Also I don't like timers (Greater Rifts are time based right?). Reminds me of those levels in 2d platformers where the screen automatically moves causing you to die if you don't keep up.

I wonder what new legs season 2 will bring.

tried some 2.1.2 today. new m6 dh is more engaging, no more laying sentries and running around. addition of ancients is killing me, makes me want to re-gear all over again  :wall: will try more later, including new raekor barb

i wish blizz would have made my current equipped m6 a legacy set. i miss being lazy with it.

that said, the new m6 kills stuff a lot faster.

Season 2 begins this Friday. Might be a good time to jump in for the new season transmogs and re-gearing is required anyways due to the new ancient gear drops. Also the new goblins are a lot of fun and goblin packs are now ~14-20ish at a time! The best goblins are the blood thief (~200-300 blood shard drops) and malevolent tormentor (drops a lot more than a treasure goblin and ~2-3 legendaries). 

Season 2 begins this Friday. Might be a good time to jump in for the new season transmogs and re-gearing is required anyways due to the new ancient gear drops. Also the new goblins are a lot of fun and goblin packs are now ~14-20ish at a time! The best goblins are the blood thief (~200-300 blood shard drops) and malevolent tormentor (drops a lot more than a treasure goblin and ~2-3 legendaries).
Yeah I've only run into one malevolent tormentor goblin, he dropped two legendary plans and two set plans for me. I was so stoked at the time I recorded the video on my pc.

Here's the new Tavern Talk in case anyone missed it: (focused on Seasons but some other stuff in there as well)

http://youtu.be/ol4_xSTpHns

Basically a whole lot of "We're working on it." and "We're thinking about it.". :whistle2:k

2.2 was announced a couple days ago. Nothing specific, but there will be 3 new sets, 7 of the old sets will be changed, 15+ new legendaries, 20+ bounties, new rift areas, and 3 new goblins.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17989719

Also microtransactions will be hitting Asian servers in the future.

- Character portraits

- Stash/Character slots

- Cosmetics and pets

there's a pennant for S2?
Your battle flag, whatever it's called, the thing that sits in town that people can click to port to you, or that you drop with "g". IIRC if you are lv70 and have 400 season achievement points you should have all the season cosmetics. I think I can dig up a screenshot later.

[quote name="asheskitty" post="12578028" timestamp="1426790773"]Your battle flag, whatever it's called, the thing that sits in town that people can click to port to you, or that you drop with "g". IIRC if you are lv70 and have 400 season achievement points you should have all the season cosmetics. I think I can dig up a screenshot later.[/quote]
Ooooohh. Gotcha.

People actually screw with those after they initially set it up? Weird...

[quote name="RPGamer246" post="12582587" timestamp="1426902555"]blizz confirms season 2 ends april 5th and season 3 starts april 10th! 2.2 is coming!!!!!!! I havent played with ya in a while bubzers, we gotta hit s3 hard! here the link confirming it.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/18313042/[/quote]
You got it! I'm waffling between a Barb and DH for S3. Any word on that Barb's season item? The S3 quiver would go nicely with the new UE set. Decisions...

If you need to level up a season 2 toon like I did, now is the time to do it.

To celebrate one year of Reaper of Souls (and the community who continues to support us), all heroes who log in to Diablo III this week on any platform will receive a +100% bonus to Gold Find and EXP! As with previous buffs, the bonuses provided will stack multiplicatively with existing in-game bonuses, including those provided by items, Shrines, Pools of Reflection, and Paragon points.

This bonus Gold Find and Experience period begins in the Americas region on Monday, March 23 at 12:00 a.m. PDT and ends on Monday, March 30 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.

bread's done
Back