Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='panzerfaust']Inferno level blacksmith makes some pretty sick gear, not to mention all the high level recipes you can loot.

It will pay off, is what I'm saying.[/QUOTE]
I figured as much, but the point is I should have waited. Easily dumped 100k into it up to now and everything I've ever crafted came out with shit stats. Just one day on the AH and I'm nearly twinked out for far less. Not to mention the tons of money lost in disenchanting. I should've been vendoring this stuff from day one seeing how ridiculously low the price of mats are for normal.

Got my first legendary today off some normal mob in the tower in Act 3. It's an amulet called Moonlight Ward and it's actually not that great. It has a level 20 requirement but I already had a blue for level 23 that's better. Oh well, still exciting to see one.

I finished normal today and am really happy with the game, it was so much fun and I can't wait to do it all over again in Nightmare and on a new character.

Just finished Act I Nightmare with my wizard solo. So far not much of a challenge, died once - and that was from a poison cloud i didn't notice i was in =]

Anyone with a GTX 600 series card have issues with the game? I'm trying to figure out if its a driver issue or a problem with the game. With my 670, I struggle keeping 60FPS. The game runs pretty terribly probably 60-70% of the time. I'm thinking its probably the drivers as the only one currently available are beta drivers.

[quote name='SEH']Anyone with a GTX 600 series card have issues with the game? I'm trying to figure out if its a driver issue or a problem with the game. With my 670, I struggle keeping 60FPS. The game runs pretty terribly probably 60-70% of the time. I'm thinking its probably the drivers as the only one currently available are beta drivers.[/QUOTE]

It's not your card or drivers,its the game and they need to patch it cause large percentage of users are having this issue including myself. We just have to wait sadly till there is a patch to fix this.

Not the drivers because I have the 570M and it runs find on my laptop. I'd say how it runs on my 6870, but my desktop decided to go to never-neverland last weekend and I have not fixed it yet.

[quote name='jmbreci']Not the drivers because I have the 570M and it runs find on my laptop. I'd say how it runs on my 6870, but my desktop decided to go to never-neverland last weekend and I have not fixed it yet.[/QUOTE]

500 series and 600 series run different drivers. 500 is 2 something and 600 series is 310 something.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']300 ping playing by myself is pretty sweet...

Also, I'm level 27 barb first playthrough on normal. What should my DPS be?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hopefully the latency problems will go down over time. Lag spikes caused a death by poison once for me, and near deaths a couple other times. I live 1 1/2 hours from Blizzard HQ, I should get better ping than 200.

[quote name='navalg1337']Halfway through Act 3 in Hell. It gets frustrating seeing champs and elites with the craziest buffs like desecrator, arcane and chained.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. fuck the immune shield/arcane/molten combo assholes. Shit gets dumb.

"Alright, you gotta dodge the lasers, but there is fire covering every square inch of the ground that is raping you. Also, any time you actually do get a chance to attack the enemy, he will put an immune shield on. Annnnnd...GO"

Level 50 monk - Just started Act 4 Nightmare. It's been interesting. Besides a couple terrible combinations of champ modifiers (or combined champ groups), I haven't had any issues (with mostly top-of-the-line gear). DPS seems to falter with more people, but I'm sure that's true for everyone. I expect Hell to be similar to Nightmare while soloing, at least. I'd be happy being able to run around in Hell. Not sure if Inferno will last long.

I really need to level another character... The monk is just so versatile. I started a wizard as well as a demon hunter, and I thought to myself "I'M TOO DAMN SQUISHY." -- I don't know if I could handle that in the higher difficulties. At least not by myself, without a tank of sorts.

Also: Thanks for posting DarkD3! Solved an issue I had with resolutions. The game was making 1280x720 really blurry while fullscreen. DarkD3 fixed it!

Added myself to the Wiki. Started playing a witch doctor yesterday. I work fulltime so I play after 5pm est.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love meteor shower.

Some of the champion modifiers are crazy cheap... teleport/shield/jailbreak etc LOL

I also died in one tenth of a second to the purple beam. I was full hp and like 2 of them spawned inside of me.

I/my demon hunter really struggled with act two's final boss on normal. I had died twice the entire game up until that time. Then probably died 20x before advancing. The only way I cleared it was go from dips to tank mode.

An update to my issues before regarding the games performance. It seems its poorly coded for quad-cores, specifically i7's, i5's, and Phenom X4's. Setting my affinity to only use cores 0 and 1 (I've got a 2500k), as well as setting the process priority to realtime seems to have fixed the issues somewhat. Things tend to run a bit smoother. Hopefully others with these problems see this and can try that out.

Regardless, Blizz needs to get on this. People with old e8400/8800GT setups running the game better than those with a 2500k/GTX670 setup is pretty stupid.

So I came to this thread to see if anyone else was getting booted - the longest I've been able to play is about 45 minutes, other than that I've been booted every 90-150 SECONDS. Seriously wtf?

It keeps talking about members of my party when I'm playing solo.

So annoyed, my gaming time is limited and I don't want to waste it trying to log back in multiple times.

Only times I've ever been disconnected is when the servers go down for maintenance, which has been like 2-3 times. I know the servers have issues, but you may want to look into your internet connection as I've not seen anyone say they've been booted every minute or two.

[quote name='IRHari']So any overpowered hammer din type builds yet? I'm sure just like D2 there's gonna be loads of patches.[/QUOTE]

????

Everyone has access to the same skill sets, it's the gear that allows you to customize a build. And right now gear is difficult to get.

I think stacking DPS is the primary goal right now, but I haven't been following the pro-level gaming clans or what tactics they've been using.

Also, I'm level 27 barb first playthrough on normal. What should my DPS be?[/QUOTE]~1k if you're min/maxing weapons. As for latency, the lag fucking kills me. So glad I have to deal with this shit soloing nightmare because how would I ever survive without warping back in place after putting my leap on cooldown? Warping back after I'm done using whirlwind to safety and wondering why my health is dropping is delightful. I guess we should be thankful the servers work at all but this is fucking garbage for solo play. I'm just glad no other company would have the infrastructure to support such a massive server connection, because I'd quit gaming if I had to deal with this shit.
[quote name='SEH']Seriously. fuck the immune shield/arcane/molten combo assholes. Shit gets dumb.

"Alright, you gotta dodge the lasers, but there is fire covering every square inch of the ground that is raping you. Also, any time you actually do get a chance to attack the enemy, he will put an immune shield on. Annnnnd...GO"[/QUOTE]
Don't even get me started. This game isn't challenging, it's god damn cheap. I've died to packs of mobs plenty by now because I just don't care but never to a boss (yet). I guess I was expecting more, but the game is too damn easy and it's boring the hell out of me (pun intended). But I keep on playing, hoping it will get better at level cap. Inferno better be fucking amazing for group play or I'm done with this game.

I don't think the higher difficulties could make their message any clearer -- play with other people. Shit isn't designed for you to solo hell and have a good time.

[quote name='IRHari']????[/QUOTE]
Nope, only thing that was OP was 4 monks running a certain setup. Virtually indestructible before the silent nerf.[quote name='panzerfaust']I don't think the higher difficulties could make their message any clearer -- play with other people. Shit isn't designed for you to solo hell and have a good time.[/QUOTE]
I did and it nearly put me to sleep. Was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy because the game isn't balanced until 60 (or so I'm praying it is). That's why I'm back to soloing, since I can set the pace and don't have to wait on people while they mull over their loot decisions or pick up their corpse because they stood in fire. It's so funny because I know my friends have played wow, even raided, yet they still drool it up on the most basic mechanics. If you don't know what it is, DON'T STAND IN IT. When you play with me, you play on my level or you get the boot. ;)

Yeah latency while playing solo is incredibly stupid and my biggest beef with this game so far.

At least Robin Atkin Downes plays the Hunter along with a few other characters.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I think stacking DPS is the primary goal right now, but I haven't been following the pro-level gaming clans or what tactics they've been using.[/QUOTE]
Very much this. Browse the AH for cheap rares with high dps. Stack your main stat as high as you can with VIT as a secondary (so you can survive being one-shot) and after that it's w/e you fancy. Personally I run with 117% MF and 50% GF so that I can build up a pretty purse by the time I level cap.

And if your luck is as bad as mine has for looting usable equipment, chances are you'll find it on the AH for 10-30k.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I don't think the higher difficulties could make their message any clearer -- play with other people. Shit isn't designed for you to solo hell and have a good time.[/QUOTE]

I dont play solo. I'm usually with a full group 99% of the time, and the other 1% of the time I'm with two others. Doesn't make the enemies any more fun or easy to deal with. Granted, its more enjoyable in the sense that we can all commiserate together about the ridiculously cheap enemy mobs, but thats pretty much it.

Makes it a lot easier having a party that can soak and deal damage, with a much wider access to various crowd control tools. It's also much easier to kite and split up packs. And 4x the loot? Yes please.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']when do u get the rare weapons/items? im almost done with act 1[/QUOTE]

Its totally random dude.

[quote name='Jodou']Nope, only thing that was OP was 4 monks running a certain setup. Virtually indestructible before the silent nerf.
I did and it nearly put me to sleep. Was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy because the game isn't balanced until 60 (or so I'm praying it is). That's why I'm back to soloing, since I can set the pace and don't have to wait on people while they mull over their loot decisions or pick up their corpse because they stood in fire. It's so funny because I know my friends have played wow, even raided, yet they still drool it up on the most basic mechanics. If you don't know what it is, DON'T STAND IN IT. When you play with me, you play on my level or you get the boot. ;)[/QUOTE]

Cool, what's ur tag bro? I gotta upgrade my pc then I'll get it but my bnet tag is Irhari.

Also, I'm level 27 barb first playthrough on normal. What should my DPS be?[/QUOTE]
My barb has 293.28 DPS at 27.

Loving the game, but Blizz really needs to do something to change the AH. The economy is pretty much totally fucked because of how dirt cheap items are on the AH. There is no point in combining gems before the last few tiers, because you can buy them for half the cost of the combine from the AH, and you get to keep the lower gems! There is no point leveling up blacksmithing for early levels, because you can buy optimal gear for less than the combine/gamb;e cost to craft it. People/idiots are selling crafting mats for less than what you can sell them to a vendor. lol

Prices on everything will rock bottom out due to no method of removing items from circulation. You just sell your old gear once you upgrade it.

The hardcore AH is fine, simply because character death does remove the items from circulation. Gems/items have good value there.

Plus just the fact that legendaries/set items are outshined by blues with +damage mods and Blizz says that's as intended is kind of mind boggling.

I'm not too surprised that I'm getting bored of this game so quickly. It's either sleep inducing easy, or 1 shot player death on Normal. Not much middle ground. I enjoy a challenge, but the Diablo games have always felt like they provide a silly challenge of either level grinding to beat a boss/area solo, or calling in one or more of your overleveled friends to carry you through it. Once again, not much middle ground. Years of WoW have kind of turned me off of the whole pursuit for better gear as well.

It's not a bad game, but tonight I had more fun playing L4D2 than I did playing D3 earlier in the day, though dying to Belial and seeing that I had to re-do the first phase of his event didn't help much. I can see this game being one I don't feel like playing all the time, and that's fine. I guess I'm only slightly disappointed.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Loving the game, but Blizz really needs to do something to change the AH. The economy is pretty much totally fucked because of how dirt cheap items are on the AH. There is no point in combining gems before the last few tiers, because you can buy them for half the cost of the combine from the AH, and you get to keep the lower gems! There is no point leveling up blacksmithing for early levels, because you can buy optimal gear for less than the combine/gamb;e cost to craft it. People/idiots are selling crafting mats for less than what you can sell them to a vendor. lol

Prices on everything will rock bottom out due to no method of removing items from circulation. You just sell your old gear once you upgrade it.

The hardcore AH is fine, simply because character death does remove the items from circulation. Gems/items have good value there.

Plus just the fact that legendaries/set items are outshined by blues with +damage mods and Blizz says that's as intended is kind of mind boggling.[/QUOTE]
And since the gems have no level requirements it means you can buy some high level gems with your higher level character, and then stash them for your lower level characters to use. But yeah, I've stopped leveling the blacksmith and gem crafter because it seems like a waste of gold.

I've pretty much stayed out of the AH except to sell items. Seems like it would sap some of the fun out of the game if I just kept buying optimal gear rather than looting it at random. I've died twice so far: once during an event that spawned the mobs all around me and I couldnt make any space and another time I just boned it. Elemental arrow with the ball lightning rune is pretty awesome. Combined with shadow power works very well keeping me healed even if I do something dumb.

Has anyone tried the new DarkD3 utility? (http://www.darkd3.com/ click Extras)

Supposedly you can change the font of items on the ground to resemble the old Diablo font, instead of Arial (which looks like shit IMHO - the Arial, that is).

[quote name='Gannikus']I have like 978 Int and about 800~ Vit on my level 44 Wiz, my stats for Damage is like 515...is this normal?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you need a better weapon with higher damage.

Is it better to just clear normal as fast as possible and just explore the maps more in higher difficulties since drops are better? I tend to uncover the whole map 1st before moving on but it seems like a waste since I hardly get anything good. I'm at act 2 and almost level 20 with just a couple of rares.

Yeah Normal is pretty much there to please the, "I want to see and kill Diablo!" crowd. Play it for the story if it interests you, but don't waste time on looking for loot. Get a group to go through Nightmare and Hell, I think those are more enjoyable if you take them down at a faster pace. That amount of grinding is my biggest gripe with the game, since the loot is pure trash and there's no reason to be playing other than to level cap and reach Inferno.

Granted, it only took me ~30 hours to get to Inferno, but Nightmare really felt like it didn't belong in the game. Things do get interesting in Hell, and you need loot from there to be competitive in Inferno.

Around what level will I finish normal at? I wouldn't think it would be level 60 but I'm already at 24 in act 2.

[quote name='Drizzt']I'm not too surprised that I'm getting bored of this game so quickly. It's either sleep inducing easy, or 1 shot player death on Normal. Not much middle ground. I enjoy a challenge, but the Diablo games have always felt like they provide a silly challenge of either level grinding to beat a boss/area solo, or calling in one or more of your overleveled friends to carry you through it. Once again, not much middle ground. Years of WoW have kind of turned me off of the whole pursuit for better gear as well.

It's not a bad game, but tonight I had more fun playing L4D2 than I did playing D3 earlier in the day, though dying to Belial and seeing that I had to re-do the first phase of his event didn't help much. I can see this game being one I don't feel like playing all the time, and that's fine. I guess I'm only slightly disappointed.[/QUOTE]

ADD A SPOILER MOTHER TRUCKER! Not mad since this is predictable.

I'm taking my time going through normal and exploring everything, that way when I group at higher difficulties I don't really care if people are trying to zoom through the maps or not.

Like Panzerfaust said, Normal is there just as a stepping stone to the real meat of the game.

[quote name='sendme']Around what level will I finish normal at? I wouldn't think it would be level 60 but I'm already at 24 in act 2.[/QUOTE]

I finished normal at level 32.

bread's done
Back