Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

Yeah, that satire thread is great. Saw it earlier this morning.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Act one farming is pie for me even with the IAS nerf...act 2/3 giving me more trouble than before.[/QUOTE]

For me, Act 1 is fine. Act 2 is easier for me in general, however still fuck Act 2 because of leapers and invisible snakes.

Act 3 I can do, but it's far more of a pain due to the IAS nerf. Act 4 I haven't tried, but probably along the lines of Act 3.

Ponies... I never built myself to take on ponies. fuck the ponies. (AKA Glass Cannon/Really high DPS)

[quote name='Pookymeister']Act one farming is pie for me even with the IAS nerf...act 2/3 giving me more trouble than before.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have much trouble in my first post-nerf Act 1 run, though the Butcher took a lot longer to go down than he used to with IAS and Nether Tentacles. He did drop 3 rares and a legendary to compensate (though none were especially good). Still, I found a couple useful things on my first run (Watchtower + Halls of Agony) to give me some hope.

My plan is to use a different skill for primary damage each run (I started with Frost Arrow) to see what most effectively replaces NT.

[quote name='Draekon']Yeah, that satire thread is great. Saw it earlier this morning.

For me, Act 1 is fine. Act 2 is easier for me in general, however still fuck Act 2 because of leapers and invisible snakes.

Act 3 I can do, but it's far more of a pain due to the IAS nerf. Act 4 I haven't tried, but probably along the lines of Act 3.

Ponies... I never built myself to take on ponies. fuck the ponies. (AKA Glass Cannon/Really high DPS)[/QUOTE]

Yea, i couldn't take the ponies pre-nerf, im sure i cant deal with them now.
I saw some interesting build on bnet forums, but requires lots of crit chance gear to work out.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yea, i couldn't take the ponies pre-nerf, im sure i cant deal with them now.
I saw some interesting build on bnet forums, but requires lots of crit chance gear to work out.[/QUOTE]

I believe I know which build you're talking about and yeah, that would work well. Would take a lot to get a good set of gear and a very good weapon (preferably 1-handed) with a socket.

[quote name='crystalklear64']What gets me is that people post this as though the shittiness came as a surprise. Like... Diablo 3 looked like it was going to be an awesome game and then suddenly it wasn't.[/QUOTE]
I finally found someone as cynical as me. Wanna fuck?

Act 3 was a bad act. But then I start to think about the others ones, and those didn't really stand out either. I can't remember half this game and I went through it like 7 times.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Act 3 was a bad act. But then I start to think about the others ones, and those didn't really stand out either. I can't remember half this game and I went through it like 7 times.[/QUOTE]

Its because all the environments are equally shitty. There is no single act or place that stands out as actually being fun to play, or even really nice to look at.

Hm, I thought much of the game looked quite nice, like cathedrals and even the spider caverns were well done. Just a lack of personality within them, really.

Enemy designs were impressively bad, for instance.

Since I have not paid that much attention in the last 3 weeks or so, with the new patches what is the "IT" character and build now? I'm thinking I'm fucked with my monk now and have really only played around a bit with a demon hunter, both regular and hardcore.

For those who are waiting to buy authenticators, the diablo 3 design is now back in stock! Finally ordered mine! Also bought the wow design for my cousin. Next day shipping for only $13+ tax! Not bad blizzard! Can't wait to get them. Hehe!

The champion/elite affixes are so fucking stupid now. 99% of the time its Nightmarish/Shielding/Plagued/Arcane/Frozen. There's shit all over the fucking ground. Super fun fighting around 90 lasers, 70 ice shards, green shit covering the entire map, being forced to run away over and over, then when you do finally catch them, either they run, shield, or both.

And don't even get me started on the fucking chain jail or chain ice shards. Played earlier and legit got frozen six fucking times in a row without even having a chance to dodge the shards. As soon as I would become unfrozen, they'd immediately pop another right on my body. Same goes for spawning 20 lasers in my fucking ass.

Really getting fed up with this cheap ass game.

/rant

[quote name='SEH']The champion/elite affixes are so fucking stupid now. 99% of the time its Nightmarish/Shielding/Plagued/Arcane/Frozen. There's shit all over the fucking ground. Super fun fighting around 90 lasers, 70 ice shards, green shit covering the entire map, being forced to run away over and over, then when you do finally catch them, either they run, shield, or both.

And don't even get me started on the fucking chain jail or chain ice shards. Played earlier and legit got frozen six fucking times in a row without even having a chance to dodge the shards. As soon as I would become unfrozen, they'd immediately pop another right on my body. Same goes for spawning 20 lasers in my fucking ass.

Really getting fed up with this cheap ass game.

/rant[/QUOTE]
I agree. The game seems to rely on cheap ass fucking moments like this. I can't tell you how many times I am going through it and I get walled in by like 5-10 enemies which is fine until one drops a fucking pool of shit and I die. I mean yeah I know I have to kite, but when there is 20+ enemies on the screen it's pretty impossible to kite them as a monk which is melee.

Wow, sold a helm on RMAH for $5. Been listing a couple things there since it opened for shits and giggles and definitely never expected to sell anything.

Also, anyone want to help me with Belial? I'm a barb with ~10k dps and I can't even get close to finishing him before his sweet new enrage timer poison fucks me.

i finally beat the game on Normal with my monk. Starting nightmare... ran it a few instances where hit the cheapness discussed. I putz around with my skills and was able find a combination to get through it. About to hit act II on nightmare.

For me the cheapest affix will always be reflect damage. You should be rewarded for being able to avoid all that other shit, not have to worry about your own damage killing you.

[quote name='bvharris']For me the cheapest affix will always be reflect damage. You should be rewarded for being able to avoid all that other shit, not have to worry about your own damage killing you.[/QUOTE]

Nothing like seeing 60+ red numbers fly off of your character in a never-ending stream only to watch your health plummet like a rock.

So many numbers.... can't even read a single character properly, only guess how much damage it's doing to me.

[quote name='jmbreci']Since I have not paid that much attention in the last 3 weeks or so, with the new patches what is the "IT" character and build now? I'm thinking I'm fucked with my monk now and have really only played around a bit with a demon hunter, both regular and hardcore.[/QUOTE]
I was waiting for the day or reckoning for everyone to reroll Barb -- it is here.

As for affixes, I think they unintentionally broke frozen since they chain cast it now instead of once altogether. I find that I'd leap to safety only to find a new patch spawning again, so I just started using the leap/charge exploit to dodge it. Either way, the game has been nerfed so hard I barely die unless the elite pack I'm trying to kill runs off to find another pack. I'd like to see them actually balance where packs can spawn because if they're going to run away all the time, it's pretty damn stupid for the map to spawn two packs so close together. Granted I can tank two packs at once, but not when it combines jailer with frozen and desecrate+arcane+plague+mortar+molten. At that point I just run out of escape CDs to survive.

Last edited by a moderator:
the new Mortar is screwed up right? it seems it's almost near impossible to actually evade an incoming mortar once's it's launched...as if they have a slight homing ability affixed to it.

while I think the new Walling pattern is effective, it's really annoying...the point the walls seem to appear a split second ahead of everywhere you intend on trying to run. Then once you get stopped for more than 2 seconds, they box you in.

my buddy and I ran around in Act 2 last night, 1st 45 mins...no champion packs. Even clearned out 2 dungeons. 1 cave and 1 abandoned shack. Nada. wth?

as for reflect damage? yeah...I killed myself on a horde/reflect/electric/des pack when Locust Swarm hit everyone and their minion's minions. I even respawned and was still taking damage due to the DoT duration.

[quote name='100xp']the new Mortar is screwed up right? it seems it's almost near impossible to actually evade an incoming mortar once's it's launched...as if they have a slight homing ability affixed to it.
[/QUOTE]

I haven't noticed any difference with Mortar, and since I play a DH avoiding that is most of what I do.

[quote name='bvharris']I haven't noticed any difference with Mortar, and since I play a DH avoiding that is most of what I do.[/QUOTE]

it seems like when you're on the move it's almost unavoidable outside of dodge or block, before if you saw it launch you could move out of the way before it landed. now it appears to home in a bit, perhaps if you have greater mobility or mvt speed beyond 12% you might still be able to move out of the way. i just have my boots currently on the WD.

[quote name='100xp']it seems like when you're on the move it's almost unavoidable outside of dodge or block, before if you saw it launch you could move out of the way before it landed. now it appears to home in a bit, perhaps if you have greater mobility or mvt speed beyond 12% you might still be able to move out of the way. i just have my boots currently on the WD.[/QUOTE]

It might be because I'm usually already kiting, so I'm rarely stationary when they actually launch. I usually only have to use Smoke Screen to get away from them maybe every 4th time (usually it's reserved for switching kiting directions in narrow hallways).

It seems to be a bit more accurate in shooting on front of where you're running. Before it would occasionally do that, however now it seems more common. I had to side-step a bit more than usual when I tried post-patch Tuesday evening.

I had also run into a crazy walling champion group Tuesday too. They literally blocked me in an open field with their walls twice through the entire encounter. Never had that happen before. They also trapped me in an instant U (they were champions, not a rare) as well which was damn near instant between the three that did it.

actually got an upgrade last night while farming - a new ring with crit chance 4% and some other junk. If IAS wasn't nerfed my 15% ring would have still been better - but oh well.

Put two other rings i found up on the RMAH - don't really expect them to sell, but wouldn't mind the $20.

I tried to play a bit last night on Inferno act 1. Now, keep in mind that I never had act 1 on farm in any way? But now it's just impossible.

So with that said, I'm looking for some good monk builds if anyone feels like sharing.

[quote name='DJSteel']This is what I'm running with right now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UZXijg!YXb!aZbaZa[/QUOTE]
I am about to start Act IV as a Monk in nightmare. This is the build I am using.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZYXgh!XYU!bZbbaa

Your build seems alright for where you are at the moment. I used a more healing centric build with mine. Also having a blind is pretty great.

Armor wise, just focus on Dex and Vitality at the moment. You want primarily dex as your main stat but you also need Vitality as the survivability. When you hit the 40's that is when you want Dex, Vitality and a resistance. Doesn't matter what resistance, just focus on one because at 45 you get the passive that makes your highest resistance the amount for all resistances.

Also try looking for +atk speed rings, and amulet for the added DPS. Weapons I would grab something with high dps and life on hit.

[quote name='bhk']What's the highest MF. A single item can have? Found an amulet last night with +20%.[/QUOTE]

I've got a 30% MF amulet. I believe they can go to 40%.

Just died five times in a row because of Blizzards dogshit servers. Are these things located in fucking India? fucking 600 ping in the middle of a fight is so awesome. Now I get to go spend 40k on repairs.

A few days ago I took a break from my monk being raped in inferno and started playing the Demon Hunter. As of tonight i'm up to level 33 and in Act 1 of Nightmare. I'm liking DH much more than monk so far. I especially love the Multishot ability. Kiting a ton of enemies, laying down caltrops & Marked for Death behind me, turning around and then multi-shotting like crazy is so much fun. Not sure my current DPS/HP off-hand, but I remember what my skill build is:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WcYjkQ!ZYe!ZZbZaa

[quote name='Bezerker']A few days ago I took a break from my monk being raped in inferno and started playing the Demon Hunter. As of tonight i'm up to level 33 and in Act 1 of Nightmare. I'm liking DH much more than monk so far. I especially love the Multishot ability. Kiting a ton of enemies, laying down caltrops & Marked for Death behind me, turning around and then multi-shotting like crazy is so much fun. Not sure my current DPS/HP off-hand, but I remember what my skill build is:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WcYjkQ!ZYe!ZZbZaa[/QUOTE]

DH is indeed a ton of fun. I still think it's the most enjoyable class from a pure face-melting perspective.

Multishot is definitely good for most of the game, though it's of limited utility against champ packs once you get to the higher difficulties. Although if you switch the rune to Suppressing Fire, it does make a great Disc generator - one shot into a big enough pack can usually completely refill your discipline, though the Hatred cost does get prohibitive at that point.

I'd also recommend giving Elemental Arrow a try instead of Rapid Fire. Both Ball Lightning and Frost Arrow are great primary damage dealers, and you've already unlocked them both.

Oh, and if you can survive without Smoke Screen once you get to Inferno, I'd be very impressed. :D

[quote name='Bezerker']A few days ago I took a break from my monk being raped in inferno and started playing the Demon Hunter. As of tonight i'm up to level 33 and in Act 1 of Nightmare. I'm liking DH much more than monk so far. I especially love the Multishot ability. Kiting a ton of enemies, laying down caltrops & Marked for Death behind me, turning around and then multi-shotting like crazy is so much fun. Not sure my current DPS/HP off-hand, but I remember what my skill build is:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WcYjkQ!ZYe!ZZbZaa[/QUOTE]

What is your build and gear like for your monk? I am able to farm act 3 with 1300 LoH and 2 APS.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I am about to start Act IV as a Monk in nightmare. This is the build I am using.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZYXgh!XYU!bZbbaa

Your build seems alright for where you are at the moment. I used a more healing centric build with mine. Also having a blind is pretty great.

Armor wise, just focus on Dex and Vitality at the moment. You want primarily dex as your main stat but you also need Vitality as the survivability. When you hit the 40's that is when you want Dex, Vitality and a resistance. Doesn't matter what resistance, just focus on one because at 45 you get the passive that makes your highest resistance the amount for all resistances.

Also try looking for +atk speed rings, and amulet for the added DPS. Weapons I would grab something with high dps and life on hit.[/QUOTE]

yeah I just changed it recently to this for Act I.. i'm sure I'll have to respec it for Act II.

[quote name='bhk']What's the highest MF. A single item can have? Found an amulet last night with +20%.[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen it's up to a base value of 40% for amulets, 18% for rings, and 20% for all other armor types.

[quote name='itachiitachi']Apparently blizzard isn't paying some of the people who sell their items on the auction house and is not returning their item either

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregvoa...ard-regarding-real-money-auction-house-error/[/QUOTE]

Blizzard doesn't really owe him anything. However they should have a system to recreate items that get lost (for a seller on the AH) and if a buyer (Which Kent was not) loses their money when buying something, then obviously something needs to be done there.

However Kent, the person in question is also a retard that he couldn't wait a little longer after Blizzard (Voulthan) said they are escalating the issue. Instead he goes retard and then starts throwing idiotic claims like involving the FBI with wire fraud. Did some of the Blizzard replies miss the point? Sure, but so did Kent. All because of idiotic headlines, people are spinning this story out of control. I don't understand how people don't think shit like this won't happen anywhere and often it gets resolved without issue.

How do you figure they don't owe him anything? He lost the item and never received the money due to their screw up. What they should do is make it so a seller has to receive payment first before an item is delivered to the buyer. Basically like Ebay/Paypal, a seller wouldn't ship without being paid first.

[quote name='Draekon']Instead he goes retard and then starts throwing idiotic claims like involving the FBI with wire fraud.[/QUOTE]

For real. The second I read the words "FBI", "class-action lawsuit", etc on the internet is usually just about when I stop taking the author seriously.

[quote name='Clak']How do you figure they don't owe him anything? He lost the item and never received the money due to their screw up. What they should do is make it so a seller has to receive payment first before an item is delivered to the buyer. Basically like Ebay/Paypal, a seller wouldn't ship without being paid first.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the transaction should definitely occur like that if it doesn't already.

The reason they don't owe him anything is because by the terms of service the player doesn't actually own the items. You trade them with Blizzard bucks between other players under the umbrella of Blizzard, but don't actually own them. However the main issue of whether or not the point of failure is on Blizzards end, I can't entirely say because there's not enough (and likely will never have enough) information to provide where the actual point of failure is at (Although there should be mechanisms in place to help prevent failures and in the occurrence of one, give the item/money back). The main thing that ideally should of happened is that he got his item back like when gold auctions fail a transaction.

There is of course a lot of stuff where ToS doesn't mean shit in court, where virtual items may actually stand up in court. Eventually virtual items will likely hold up in court like anything else if there's sufficient evidence and where the guy is from (I think Netherlands), there have been some successful cases taken to court with regards to virtual items in games.

Basically what I'm saying is, while logically time invested equals money it doesn't necessarily mean anything. We all agreed to terms (whether we agreed with them or not) and he isn't losing any of his money in it, just time invested. I'm not saying I agree with it, just that based on what we agreed with, Blizzard doesn't technically owe him jack shit.

I also work in IT with networks, database, etc. Failures are bound to happen of course as the software and hardware are not perfect and like I said in my first reply to the article posted, they really need a system in place to give sellers items back if they get lost in the void.

The money is still owed to him by someone. If the money was never taken out of the buyer's account then the buyer owes him. If it was taken out, but got lost somewhere in the process, then blizzard owes him. Maybe we don't own the items in the game, but we do own the money in our accounts, and his account is missing $99. I don't care wtf the TOS says, either they'll make this right, or it's only going to hurt them in the long run.

I knew shit like this was going to happen, I hope Blizzard has fun with the lawsuits likely to result from the RMAH.

edit- Btw, I work in It too. Ebay/Paypal manages to keep their shit together pretty well, so should Blizzard.

[quote name='Clak']Ebay/Paypal manages to keep their shit together pretty well, so should Blizzard.[/QUOTE]There's a lot of disgruntled Paypal users out there that would be willing to disagree with you. Also eBay's business model has been centered on auctions for 17 years now, whereas Blizzard is just beginning to deal with managing auctions.

Anyone else playing a Witch Doctor? I've run through to Act 4 with it in the last 2 days and am actually enjoying having 6 stiffs tanks for me. Is there something I am missing later on that will get me? My only death thus far was when I walked away after loading the game and forgot that I was not in town in Act 3 but near the end of the Act and got schooled by 2 packs of champs while I was away.

[quote name='jmbreci']Anyone else playing a Witch Doctor? I've run through to Act 4 with it in the last 2 days and am actually enjoying having 6 stiffs tanks for me. Is there something I am missing later on that will get me? My only death thus far was when I walked away after loading the game and forgot that I was not in town in Act 3 but near the end of the Act and got schooled by 2 packs of champs while I was away.[/QUOTE]

I'm currently at Diablo in Nightmare as a Witch Doctor. Didn't die very often in Normal. Died a lot in Nightmare, though. Specifically in Act III and IV. I need to get better.

bread's done
Back