Diamond and Pearl Thread 1-A (Friend Codes; Online Discussion; Trades, Battles, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Scorch']I'm dreading working that day.

We have 23 copies of Pearl preordered and 84 copies of Diamond. Why the hate on the Pearl version? Is the cover less shinier or something?[/quote]

It's pretty obvious when you think of the reasons. I'd say that most people would say that diamonds are cooler or rarer than pearls. Most people probably just think both versions are similar, and they can just trade with someone else to get the version exclusives. So they just go by the name, and what register as cooler.

Another reason could be the box art. Pearl is close to pink, and Diamond is blue, which is a commonly favorite color. Or, what if most people just pick the one that comes first in their mind. Diamond usually comes first, pearl usually comes second.

Also, are the games going to be there on Sunday? Or will we have to wait until Monday?

[quote name='FallMoon']It's pretty obvious when you think of the reasons. I'd say that most people would say that diamonds are cooler or rarer than pearls. Most people probably just think both versions are similar, and they can just trade with someone else to get the version exclusives. So they just go by the name, and what register as cooler.

Another reason could be the box art. Pearl is close to pink, and Diamond is blue, which is a commonly favorite color. Or, what if most people just pick the one that comes first in their mind. Diamond usually comes first, pearl usually comes second.

Also, are the games going to be there on Sunday? Or will we have to wait until Monday?[/QUOTE]

I am buying a copy for My Nephew ( Whom is 8 ) and myself. I told him I was getting Diamond and I was gonna get him the Pearl version. He didn't like that at all. The reason being the Pearl Version has Red/Pink Box Art and is uncool for kids his age :)

[quote name='FallMoon']It's pretty obvious when you think of the reasons. I'd say that most people would say that diamonds are cooler or rarer than pearls. Most people probably just think both versions are similar, and they can just trade with someone else to get the version exclusives. So they just go by the name, and what register as cooler.

Also, are the games going to be there on Sunday? Or will we have to wait until Monday?[/QUOTE]

They are gonna be out on Sunday. 4/22. Nintendo does this with their past couple of systems. Sunday is a great day for selling new shit.

Thanks for answering that, and that's hilarious about your eight year old newphew. I guess having a video game with PINK BOX ART will ruin his street cred. I'd still rather have Diamond and Pearl on Friday, since it's the most relaxing day of the week. However, on Sunday, I have nothing to do and can just kick back and play Pearl all day.

[quote name='swetooth9']if anyone wants to do the "trade starters so each of us has all 3 at the beginning of the game" thing, let me know[/QUOTE]
Instead of someone restarting the game 6 times, wouldn't it be better to just restart once so you have the 3 starters between the two of you, and then breed them and trade what you've bred later on?

Sweet, our Diamond/Pearl is processing from EB. Hope that means it comes closer to Sunday rather than later in the week.

[quote name='moiety']Sweet, our Diamond/Pearl is processing from EB. Hope that means it comes closer to Sunday rather than later in the week.[/quote]

I thought everyone could just pick up their game on Sunday. Is it first come first serve? Or the people who pre-ordered first get it first?

[quote name='FallMoon']I thought everyone could just pick up their game on Sunday. Is it first come first serve? Or the people who pre-ordered first get it first?[/quote]
We ordered it via EBgames.com. I don't know when it is actually shipping, so people who preordered in-store or who are buying it B&M on Sunday will probably have it before people who preordered online.

I cannot fuck ing wait for this game, but I wish I had more than just two other friends that are going to get this game. I hope that there are a bunch of competitive players here!

I don't have any other real friends getting the game (ok I only have one real friend locally but thats another story..)

My cousins don't want the game because they think its a baby game yet they are perfectly fine with playing nintendogs, yoshi's island 2 and super princess peach.. I will never figure kids out. I can only hope when all their friends get it that they will want it too, they are very friend orientated and they do exactly as their friends.

I am getting pearl on sunday then diamond from CDuniverse whenever it comes in the mail.

[quote name='pete5883']Instead of someone restarting the game 6 times, wouldn't it be better to just restart once so you have the 3 starters between the two of you, and then breed them and trade what you've bred later on?[/quote]

The time it takes to breed, hatch, whatever probably takes much longer than restarting.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']The time it takes to breed, hatch, whatever probably takes much longer than restarting.[/quote]
exactly...plus you will have 3 different types close to the beginning of the game if you do the restarts

and yes, for people who still wonder why it's so lopsided towards diamond, it's mainly b/c pearl's boxart/pokemon representative is pink

i Preordered the pearl version anyway though since i know i will be of more value to the general public that way

Right. While I'm partly doing it for completion's sake, I'm also doing it to have 3 big types of Pokemon early on. Water and Fire pokemon, I'd say, aren't found too early in the game if you don't choose that starter (except for crappy things caught with old rod).

My Diamond pre-order from Amazon shipped today. Too bad I didn't choose to overnight it because I would have had it this weekend.

[quote name='Rudiger']My Diamond pre-order from Amazon shipped today. Too bad I didn't choose to overnight it because I would have had it this weekend.[/quote]

that sucks

what sucks for me is that

i have both pre-ordered, but i may not get them until monday

because the place i pre-orded at is at the mall, which closes at 6,

and i'm going to be working all day. :bomb:

[quote name='SL4IN']that sucks

what sucks for me is that

i have both pre-ordered, but i may not get them until monday

because the place i pre-orded at is at the mall, which closes at 6,

and i'm going to be working all day. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Wait....so they havent declared this Sunday a National Holiday because of Pokemon.....damit guess I have work to :bomb:

Looks like I will be looking everywhere for a copy come Monday since I was one of the dumbass's that didn't preorder.

Unfortunately in the USA its not a national holiday because of the release of pokemon but in Japan it might be considered a holiday on certain game release days.

Maybe you could go on your lunch break to pick up the game?? Target opens at 8am, perhaps that is convenient for one of you.

[quote name='SaraAB']Unfortunately in the USA its not a national holiday because of the release of pokemon but in Japan it might be considered a holiday on certain game release days.

Maybe you could go on your lunch break to pick up the game?? Target opens at 8am, perhaps that is convenient for one of you.[/quote]

when halo 2 came out, it was a national holiday...well at least for a few of my high school friends it was...didn't see them that day; what a surprise

[quote name='swetooth9']when halo 2 came out, it was a national holiday...well at least for a few of my high school friends it was...didn't see them that day; what a surprise[/QUOTE]

Every year when Madden comes out it's a Holiday. What do they call it Maddenoliday? I usually take the day off also.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Every year when Madden comes out it's a Holiday. What do they call it Maddenoliday? I usually take the day off also.[/quote]

that's true,

but it looks like i'll be passing on madden this year though

it's got vince young on the cover.

and for on topic,

i may be able to get the games after hours at the mall

because i'm really good friends with the manager of the store i'm getting them at......

Line break much, Slain?

I'm hopin' Target will get the game in Sunday. I'll run through the game to the first gym, then wait for Mox to get his. :lol:

A few more videos are up at IGN.

The best is clearly the one of the walk through the town. I absolutely loved the atmosphere. In previous games (excluding G/S), the lack of time and change of shadow made every town seem very similar and expected and lack life. Just adding color for times of the day adds so much atmosphere to the towns: lights turning on in houses, fewer people out at night. The video especially captured the scene of a grassy town at sunset extremely well.

[quote name='Moxio']Ah, didn't manage to get an early copy? Too bad...[/quote]oh well, i'd hate to be the employee that gets fired for breaking street date

[quote name='AshesofWake']:rofl: like that means anything :rofl:[/QUOTE]
It's the reason why it hasn't been dumped yet. People have the game and tried to dump it, but it doesn't work. They are hoping that when a good scene group gets it, they can figure it out. So, yeah, it does mean something.

We got our order numbers in today..

We'll be getting 50 copies of Diamond, all of which are pre-ordered. We've actually got 52 preorders on Diamond. We'll have about 8 or 9 extra copies of Pearl, but that's it.

I'll grab a used Diamond when one comes in. That many games being sold.. there's gotta be a used one coming back relatively quickly.

[quote name='zewone']It's the reason why it hasn't been dumped yet. People have the game and tried to dump it, but it doesn't work. They are hoping that when a good scene group gets it, they can figure it out. So, yeah, it does mean something.[/QUOTE]

no it doesn't mean anything, in a week tops, they'll rip it. everything will be cracked. copy protection just delays it for people that won't pay for it. wow...

[quote name='Scorch']We got our order numbers in today..

We'll be getting 50 copies of Diamond, all of which are pre-ordered. We've actually got 52 preorders on Diamond. We'll have about 8 or 9 extra copies of Pearl, but that's it.

I'll grab a used Diamond when one comes in. That many games being sold.. there's gotta be a used one coming back relatively quickly.[/QUOTE]

How much will a used one sell for? I've got to think it won't be cheaper than CC, and definitely not BB with a pricematch to CC + GGC.

[quote name='AshesofWake']no it doesn't mean anything, in a week tops, they'll rip it. everything will be cracked. copy protection just delays it for people that won't pay for it. wow...[/quote]

i dunno how hard ds games are to crack...but must be pretty difficult with the two screens and two processors and whatnot. luckily pokemon isnt dependent on the touch screen. copyright protection means nothing...everything is crackable. if people can crack windows, they can crack a simple video game cartridge

[quote name='Scorch']I'm dreading working that day.

We have 23 copies of Pearl preordered and 84 copies of Diamond. Why the hate on the Pearl version? Is the cover less shinier or something?[/QUOTE]

I think it's the fact that the other version is named "Diamond". Aren't sales generally skewed towards the cooler sounding one? :lol:

[quote name='zewone']It's the reason why it hasn't been dumped yet. People have the game and tried to dump it, but it doesn't work. They are hoping that when a good scene group gets it, they can figure it out. So, yeah, it does mean something.[/quote]delays the inevitable at least, i'd rather support nintendo than steal anyways :)

[quote name='sixersballernum3']The time it takes to breed, hatch, whatever probably takes much longer than restarting.[/QUOTE]
I watched a video on IGN and it didn't seem like you were able to choose your starter and trade right away. I just thought that when you first start the game, one would be more interested in playing and getting into the game than in exploiting it via repetition.

[quote name='pete5883']I watched a video on IGN and it didn't seem like you were able to choose your starter and trade right away. I just thought that when you first start the game, one would be more interested in playing and getting into the game than in exploiting it via repetition.[/quote]you require the first badge in order to gain access to the trading station, besides its not exploiting anything, nintendo had this in mind when they made the game, which is why they made people go through the first gym before being able to trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back