Did I just fall victim to this Xbox live card scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Pookymeister']Well, if you are taking requests i could think of a few things...;)[/quote]

Yeah, well I'd just like not to be considered a scammer when I buy these cards off ebay and resell them for a little extra money on the side.

If it's not legit than somebody prove it!

-Heather

i called ms xbox live support, and they told me there were no 12+1 month subscription codes that works for new accounts only. maybe the technician i spoke with just doesn't know? anyway, that's why i'm a little wary and want the card on hand unless someone knows for sure that these new account only codes do indeed work. as in a buyer who checked after a month to see if they've been billed by MS and hasn't been. or a whoever really obtains these codes coming up with a real explanation, since these codes are not really found retail. not some cover-up, but a real, legit explanation while not necessarily divulging the exact details (as in to not incriminate him/herself or giving away the secrets).

edit: that said, i managed to win a 12+1 NIB sub card for $25, and it's being shipped to me. for renewals too, i'm happy. :) however, i'm in the market for a new account only card, provided those really do work.

[quote name='kaosz']i called ms xbox live support, and they told me there were no 12+1 month subscription codes that works for new accounts only. maybe the technician i spoke with just doesn't know? anyway, that's why i'm a little wary and want the card on hand unless someone knows for sure that these new account only codes do indeed work. as in a buyer who checked after a month to see if they've been billed by MS and hasn't been. or a whoever really obtains these codes coming up with a real explanation, since these codes are not really found retail. not some cover-up, but a real, legit explanation while not necessarily divulging the exact details (as in to not incriminate him/herself or giving away the secrets).

edit: that said, i managed to win a 12+1 NIB sub card for $25, and it's being shipped to me. for renewals too, i'm happy. :) however, i'm in the market for a new account only card, provided those really do work.[/quote]

The guy who bought my card and the guy who started this post on this forum stated this AFTER 1 MONTH...

"
But heres another thing... I can get on xbox live now and play a game.

But I don't think this is coming form my 1 month free trial form MS... as this is my 5th profile.. and they've stopped giving those once you get aroudn this point.

Still... why does the end date say 8/2007?

See... I don't know the specifics of how this thing plays out. But if the end date is 8/2007 and it ends THIS MONTH I can still protect myself and change the dispute to a claim, right?

Because I cant tell her I can get on xbox live now.. thats +1 point for her."

You can go read it on page 1. He's an idiot. So yes, these cards work after 1 month.

-Heather

I'll remain skeptic until there's some nude pics in this thread.

I mean, there's some good bargains on Xbox Live cards on eBay.

[quote name='Rozz']I'll remain skeptic until there's some nude pics in this thread.

I mean, there's some good bargains on Xbox Live cards on eBay.[/quote]

LOL, no nudes from me.

I'd just like people to not talk shit about me when they really know nothing

-Heather

Well after reading all these clowns posting replies to this "scam" I can say firsthand that these codes do work for 13 months. I bought one from Heather back in March and I'm on Xbox Dashboard signed in right now. The month joined/month expired refreshes each month. These are not 1 month subscriptions nor are their such a thing.

Just to clarify, though: is it true that this is only good for new (i.e., not pre-existing) accounts? In other words, I can't buy a card from Heather and apply it to my current account.

Is that right?

[quote name='Rozz']I'll remain skeptic until there's some nude pics in this thread.
[/quote]

Doesn't have to be in the thread - PM box suffices

Hmm, where to start off. First of all you've been a member since 2006 and I'm assumming you have been a video gaming nerd for quite some time. If you want to see some "bewbs" (leet video game talk?) you should get outside and try to meet girls in real life. I would say a bar or club would be a good place to start but you're probably too young for that right now. Or best yet, the best thing to do would be to probably move out of your parents basement first. Holla

[quote name='lilj0nyeah']Hmm, where to start off. First of all you've been a member since 2006 and I'm assumming you have been a video gaming nerd for quite some time. If you want to see some "bewbs" (leet video game talk?) you should get outside and try to meet girls in real life. I would say a bar or club would be a good place to start but you're probably too young for that right now. Or best yet, the best thing to do would be to probably move out of your parents basement first. Holla[/quote]

The funny thing is, you and that one chick who's selling these cards both registered today.

And all of your posts have responded to hers.

And Lil Jon fucking sucks (though his production on Ice Cube's last album was very good).

[quote name='lilj0nyeah']Hmm, where to start off. First of all you've been a member since 2006 and I'm assumming you have been a video gaming nerd for quite some time. If you want to see some "bewbs" (leet video game talk?) you should get outside and try to meet girls in real life. I would say a bar or club would be a good place to start but you're probably too young for that right now. Or best yet, the best thing to do would be to probably move out of your parents basement first. Holla[/quote]

Quoted just in case he tries to edit it later. What a joke. :rofl:

[quote name='lilj0nyeah']Hmm, where to start off. First of all you've been a member since 2006 and I'm assumming you have been a video gaming nerd for quite some time. If you want to see some "bewbs" (leet video game talk?) you should get outside and try to meet girls in real life. I would say a bar or club would be a good place to start but you're probably too young for that right now. Or best yet, the best thing to do would be to probably move out of your parents basement first. Holla[/QUOTE]

021205_lil_jon.jpg

you know all about the bars and clubs, as shown here.

[quote name='tgk2044']
021205_lil_jon.jpg

you know all about the bars and clubs, as shown here.[/quote]

:lol::applause:

Oh yeah, I need to get out and meet a girl, right guys? ;) ;) ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']Try here for some non-bullshit info about XBL cards:
http://www.geocities.com/todd1623/goldcards.html

More bullshit. 12+1 cards work to extend existing accounts, and for 13 months. Any card that is "only for new accounts" or "can't extend existing accounts" is a scam card.[/quote]

lots of people must be watching this thread, as that page just went down as i was looking at it (and refreshed it).

about the new account only issue thing, again i reiterate that after calling MS, the technician i spoke with told me there is no such thing as a 12+1 month code that works for new accounts only. and again, that particular tech just may not know about its existence either.

this thread is getting out of hand imo. this isn't about bewbs and marketing, it's about whether this is really a scam or not. it may just be a loophole in the xbox live system, or it may really just be someone after your pocket.

This thread definitely delivers. I request a picture of Heather holding up a sign that says 'twenzor.org' ... actually, I request pictures from anyone and everyone in this thread to do the same. It'd make a nice addition to my page ;)

[quote name='lilj0nyeah']Lol @ you.[/quote]

Is this some kind of video game leet talk? I don't understand. I don't have time to educate myself on all this silly nerd speak, as I'm too busy going clubbing and being popular.

I'm so confused by this strange community. Help!

[quote name='Warner1281']Given that they both registered on the same day, I'd say he was being sarcastic.[/quote]

I already proved who I was, did I not?

[quote name='hledford87']I already proved who I was, did I not?[/quote]

You proved that you can register multiple accounts.

And you're not very clever at doing so, either.

[quote name='hledford87']I already proved who I was, did I not?[/quote]Liljohn is the 35 year old man who uses you as his puppet.

I still don't believe this as I've never heard of a new-account-only live card from anywhere other than ebay. Microsoft never said one exists, nor can one be found in a retail store.

I read from one page that these codes do work -- though most say 1 month -- but it is through a glitch in the system and that Microsoft may decide to ban accounts that use them. But then again, I'm sure Microsoft would come out and say not to use these cards and that those who do are subject to banning before pulling a mass ban.

In my opinion there isn't enough evidence for either side, but they're most likely illegitimate. I have yet to see a pic of one of these boxes or cards.

Note that there aren't people who sell only 1 or 2 of these renew cards. Only mass sellers and this is ALL they sell. Go through their feedback, you won't find anything else being sold. They don't say where they got them from. No one gets shipped the cards and they aren't given the option, only e-mailed the code. People who sell mass new or renew ones will, at least, be willing to ship. I highly doubt these cards exist.

[quote name='Rozz']You proved that you can register multiple accounts.

And you're not very clever at doing so, either.[/quote]

You're obviously a typical dumbass because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Liljohnyeah is a guy who's bought a card from me and he's my proof that it works.

Here's my feedback "westside"

5z6xpx0.jpg

[quote name='Patrick Bateman']I still don't believe this as I've never heard of a new-account-only live card from anywhere other than ebay. Microsoft never said one exists, nor can one be found in a retail store.

I read from one page that these codes do work -- though most say 1 month -- but it is through a glitch in the system and that Microsoft may decide to ban accounts that use them. But then again, I'm sure Microsoft would come out and say not to use these cards and that those who do are subject to banning before pulling a mass ban.

In my opinion there isn't enough evidence for either side, but they're most likely illegitimate. I have yet to see a pic of one of these boxes or cards.

Note that there aren't people who sell only 1 or 2 of these renew cards. Only mass sellers and this is ALL they sell. Go through their feedback, you won't find anything else being sold. They don't say where they got them from. No one gets shipped the cards and they aren't given the option, only e-mailed the code. People who sell mass new or renew ones will, at least, be willing to ship. I highly doubt these cards exist.[/quote]

Read the whole post dumbass, I stated earlier that I buy them off of ebay and if you can prove that they aren't legit, I'm all ears because so far they've worked out fine.

DID YOU GET THAT! I BUY THEM OFF EBAY AND RESELL THEM!

-Heather

[quote name='hledford87']You're obviously a typical dumbass because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Liljohnyeah is a guy who's bought a card from me and he's my proof that it works.

Here's my feedback "westside"

5z6xpx0.jpg
[/quote]

I'm a dumbass? You both registered the same day, near the same time, and have both replied only in this thread.

Me thinks you're the one who is an idiot...

I'd be frightened to see what you really look like.

[quote name='hledford87']Read the whole post dumbass, I stated earlier that I buy them off of ebay and if you can prove that they aren't legit, I'm all ears because so far they've worked out fine.

DID YOU GET THAT! I BUY THEM OFF EBAY AND RESELL THEM!

-Heather[/quote]
And where did they get it? Where do these originate?

Edit: I find it funny that that's the only thing you argued.

[quote name='dallow']What's your profit margin like heather if you're actually buying these cards off another ebay member first?[/quote]
Shes gotta baby to feed, so she must be banking in nerd monies.

I'm sure you'd make a lot more money being a stripper, you've got teh jugs for it. :D

[quote name='Rozz']I'm a dumbass? You both registered the same day, near the same time, and have both replied only in this thread.

Me thinks you're the one who is an idiot...

I'd be frightened to see what you really look like.[/quote]

Look at you! You look like some fat ass,

OBVIOUSLY HE REGISTERED TODAY SO I COULD PROVE THAT MY CARDS ARE LEGIT, just like I just said before. You're just stating what I already said...

Are you really that stupid?

-Heather

[quote name='dallow']What's your profit margin like heather if you're actually buying these cards off another ebay member first?[/quote]

I buy them for $14 a peice, and I can turn around and make $10 off of them, sometimes more sometimes less.

-heather

[quote name='Patrick Bateman']And where did they get it? Where do these originate?

Edit: I find it funny that that's the only thing you argued.[/quote]

when you buy things off ebay, do you make it a habit of asking people where they got it?

[quote name='Rocko']Bustin' out the fat jokes now. Dayum. Girl's f'shizzle.[/quote]

This girlz on fire!

[quote name='hledford87']when you buy things off ebay, do you make it a habit of asking people where they got it?[/quote]
Good job dodging the question, unless you're trying to say you have no idea.

[quote name='Patrick Bateman']Good job dodging the question, unless you're trying to say you have no idea.[/quote]

Good job dodging mine as well.... No, I don't know where he gets them

-heather

i recently purchased one and got a refund for it. She made a deal with me if it is legit to report it on here. I Will report fraud on ebay if it isnt. Im an actuall user on ebay and no im not her lol. She did however come up with "ebay doesnt refund items for digital delivery" .. that sorta stired me a lil.

I don't see any 12 month Live card auctions ending for near that amount.

Unless this guy is really bad at describing what he has. And how you make a killing off of him apparently.

[quote name='talem84']i recently purchased one and got a refund for it. She made a deal with me if it is legit to report it on here. I Will report fraud on ebay if it isnt. Im an actuall user on ebay and no im not her lol. She did however come up with "ebay doesnt refund items for digital delivery" .. that sorta stired me a lil.[/quote]

Ebay states not to refund digital delivery items, and you can see that here on Ebay's Terms of Service

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/selling-digital-items.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back