Did I just fall victim to this Xbox live card scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt I should chime in this thread is pretty damn good for killing time. I will agree with one thing posted before, it needs more nude photos. :O

[quote name='dallow']I don't see any 12 month Live card auctions ending for near that amount.

Unless this guy is really bad at describing what he has. And how you make a killing off of him apparently.[/quote]

He doesn't list them at that price, he sells them to me that low because I buy in bulk, am I talking to little kids here or are any of you familiar with ebay?

-Heather

[quote name='hledford87']He doesn't list them at that price, he sells them to me that low because I buy in bulk, am I talking to little kids here or are any of you familiar with ebay?

-Heather[/quote]

Well, your ASL is 35/M/TX. So yes, you are a bit older than many of us here.

[quote name='hledford87']He doesn't list them at that price, he sells them to me that low because I buy in bulk, am I talking to little kids here or are any of you familiar with ebay?

-Heather[/quote]Sorry, I was confused. First you said you buy them on ebay, now you say you buy them in bulk (from I'm guessing an ebay user, though he doesn't auction them out and make double his money)

[quote name='hledford87']Good job dodging mine as well.... No, I don't know where he gets them

-heather[/quote]

I don't use ebay. Your question does not pertain to me.

There is the possibility that you are speaking the truth -- not lying intentionally. But in that case, you are ill-informed. It would make sense for there to be one person selling these massively to a few individuals, leaving little to no work for him.

But of course there are many possibilites.

-Heather[/quote]

The only way you are ever going to get out of this thread with any respect or any of your dignity still intact is to show us the twins.

I believe hledford87 and I am tempted to buy a card for my game store just to see what happens. I would however like to also have the Card with the Code i get mailed to me and i would gladly pay for shipping. hledford87 vbmenu_register("postmenu_3286449", true); would you do that for me? IF you are legit i would like to buy a lot of cards from you if you can ship them to me. check out www.gamersoasisonline.com and send me an email.

[quote name='Rozz']Well, your ASL is 35/M/TX. So yes, you are a bit older than many of us here.[/quote]

And once again, you're a fucking idiot and I have no idea what you're talking about. ASL?

Everytime you say something I don't know what you're talking about.

You could do us all a favor and just shut your fat ass up

[quote name='Tsiawd']I believe hledford87 and I am tempted to buy a card for my game store just to see what happens. I would however like to also have the Card with the Code i get mailed to me and i would gladly pay for shipping. hledford87 vbmenu_register("postmenu_3286449", true); would you do that for me? IF you are legit i would like to buy a lot of cards from you if you can ship them to me. check out www.gamersoasisonline.com and send me an email.[/quote]

I would be more than happy to do this

fat_guy.jpg

T3h nude pic you all wanted.
Source: her webpage.

[quote name='Rozz']
T3h nude pic you all wanted.
Source: her webpage.[/quote]
We already established that the pic is geniunely either the seller herself or someone closely affiliated with the seller.

What isn't established and highly in question is the validity of the 12 month cards. Where did probably 1000+ cards come from for '$14'.

543kkjp.jpg

heres a thought..... that 35 year old dude could have just had his girl pose in that picture for him.....

[quote name='Pookymeister']its a profitable scam - maybe $20 or so after fees, shes up to $16,000[/quote]

Well, probably down to about 6,000 after the jubblies.

[quote name='hledford87']
4xw0qc8.jpg

Anything else?[/quote]

:applause:

A spoon and toilet paper, needs to be in the running for post of the year.

[quote name='hledford87']Anything else?[/quote]Pic of the engagement ring wouldn't be a bad follow-up, with the appropriate spoon and toilet paper roll, of course.

[quote name='hledford87']Yeah, well I'd just like not to be considered a scammer when I buy these cards off ebay and resell them for a little extra money on the side.

If it's not legit than somebody prove it[/quote]Alright.

Went through the items you've purchased and Sugar, you didn't buy these off of ebay.

The only anonymous items were from a guy who sells drugs like colon cleanser and weight loss crap, a guy who sells jewelry (gee, I wonder where the profits are going? to her newborn son? no to heathers fingers... she needs an engagement ring!), and from a while ago to some fella who sold game and dvd bootlegs, I find that story very weak.

[quote name='hledford87']I already proved who I was, did I not?[/quote]You did not. You showed us a picture of a girl who may be you, or may be your girlfriend, sister or daughter.

Though why you're so enamored with plastering those pics in your auctions makes me kinda sad. Nothing more pathetic than a girl who has nothing more to offer the world than a chest.
Tiredfornow, don't you even start.
Because we all have that. But hey, if you're looking forward to living a life by doing little more than exploiting yourself, have a great time. Hope it works out well for you when those kids you're knocking out starts to show.

But you must be so proud to have a newborn at 20 and be pregnant again already.

[quote name='hledford87']
Here's my feedback "westside"

5z6xpx0.jpg
[/quote] That's amazing. Lemme see what I can come up with...

hledwk9.jpg

[quote name='talem84']She did however come up with "ebay doesnt refund items for digital delivery" .. that sorta stired me a lil.[/quote]Yup. Paypal doesn't offer BUYER PROTECTION on digital delivery items. That's one of the reasons this sort of scam is popular.

[quote name='Rozz']The funny thing is, you and that one chick who's selling these cards both registered today.

And all of your posts have responded to hers.[/quote]What's funnier is that liljon connects from a spam house. :rofl:

[quote name='Tsiawd']I would however like to also have the Card with the Code i get mailed to me and i would gladly pay for shipping. IF you are legit i would like to buy a lot of cards from you if you can ship them to me.[/quote] Not recommended, Tsia. Just an FYI.

[quote name='shrike4242']Pic of the engagement ring wouldn't be a bad follow-up, with the appropriate spoon and toilet paper roll, of course.[/quote]Now don't be cynical, shrike. Those kids need a Daddy, after all.

For now, hledford87 is in trading time out on a permament basis; I will not have her scamming our community. I'm still debating if her coming here to insult not only her eBay buyers but everyone as a body is something we really need.

In the meantime, her ebay activities have been reported to Microsoft. I'm sure if there is anyone with a vested interest in the legitimacy of these cards, it is they.

[quote name='spooie_redux']850 positives and they are all Xbox Live cards... something is definitely wrong.[/quote]

And there are many more who sell hundreds of these and nothing but. Very suspicious.

[quote name='hledford87']Look at you! You look like some fat ass,

OBVIOUSLY HE REGISTERED TODAY SO I COULD PROVE THAT MY CARDS ARE LEGIT, just like I just said before. You're just stating what I already said...

Are you really that stupid?

-Heather[/quote]Woah. I'm really glad I didn't give you the benefit of the doubt and buy from you now. Back to the trailer for you, sister.

[quote name='guinaevere']Alright.

Went through the items you've purchased and Sugar, you didn't buy these off of ebay.

...[/quote]

My god, that entire post was 100% reminiscent when I was running with people who pointed out eBay frauds back on the long-defunct eBay boards back in 2000. Completely and utterly thorough, crossed the "t"s and dotted the "i"s.

All I can say is "Bravissimo". :applause:

Wow. This thread was a terrific lunchtime read. And it even had pop-up pictures. I love you CAG.

And I just stole Pooky's quote for my sig. I almost fell out of my chair with that turn of events.

Heather should have stopped after the picture with the spoon. If that had been the end of the responses I think s/he would have maintained a semblance of credibility.

[quote name='lilj0nyeah']Well after reading all these clowns posting replies to this "scam" I can say firsthand that these codes do work for 13 months. I bought one from Heather back in March and I'm on Xbox Dashboard signed in right now. The month joined/month expired refreshes each month. These are not 1 month subscriptions nor are their such a thing.[/quote]

This seems a bit fishy. I took a look at her buyer feedback, and liljon actually bought the card Aug-17-07 22:21, yet he claims he has been using it since March...

Pics for proof :

Here is the pic I took
liljohnbh4.jpg

This is the one she took and posted a few pages back.
5z6xpx0.jpg

Note her careful attention to remove the date liljohn actualy bought the item. I also double checked all her feedback and liljohn only appears once in it.

Anyone check lilj0nyeah's eBay feedback as a seller?

Looks like he mostly sells those Xbox live cards like Heather and they use the same pic of the card (card sitting above dots). And, both use digital delivery.

Wow, this thread blew up since I first peeked at it.
Just got to be a part of CAG history here...

:rofl:

I agree with daminion. Had she just stuck to the picture post (which was, as I believe the kids would say, epic) she would have come off much better. The "fat-ass" stuff brought her WAY down though...

Anyway, it is rather strange that after all this discussion no one has figured out definitively what the deal with these cards is. I mean, it seems that SOMEONE would have redeemed one of these more than a month ago and could say for sure what happens then.

[quote name='io']Anyway, it is rather strange that after all this discussion no one has figured out definitively what the deal with these cards is. I mean, it seems that SOMEONE would have redeemed one of these more than a month ago and could say for sure what happens then.[/quote]Oh, it's quite clear what these are.

Just like any other giftcard you see hanging up in stores, if you're sneaky, you could grab a bunch of those and walk out with basically useless giftcards. You could hand them out to people and tell them they're worth $200, but that person will quickly learn that they've been lied to.

But with xbox live, a new user can create a FREE TRIAL one-month subscription. So the lowlife con artists on eBay are fleecing people for $20 or more per card. The buyer thinks they're getting 13 months for a great deal. In effect, they're paying whatever their high bid was for something that a new user could get from Microsoft for free.

The only thing I am curious about is if all the codes she gives out are unique since we are talking 1000+ auctions probably. I doubt shes able to steal that many cards from stores.

Good to have this cleared up. I'm siding against hledford for now until someone pops up saying "this worked, here's a SS of my success!" who's not connected to XBOX Live card sales :p

Thanks to the CAG members who helped crack this. Saved me a bad bid or two.

[quote name='Pookymeister']we are talking 1000+ auctions probably. I doubt shes able to steal that many cards from stores.[/quote]If she dresses like she did in her picture earlier and goes into stores staffed by teenage guys, she could probably walk out with the cash register and they wouldn't notice.

More likely, now that she has a baby, she takes the kid in a stroller and stuffs the cards in with the blankets and all that. Creeps try that all the time at malls and larger retailers.

I hear you Gwen, but it sure seems odd that with all the feedback she has not a single person has gone back and amended their positive with a note saying the code stopped working after 30 days. I mean, if this happened to me I'd make damn sure to bring her down. Yeah, I see the few negatives there but those are well within the "noise" of typical eBay buyers (some will neg you just 'cause). It just all seems odd to me. I sure wouldn't consider buying them though (for one thing, I wouldn't want to create a new account).

In any case, the OP of this thread ought to be able to fill us in soon on whether his account is still good or not.

Edit - Just to be sure, I went back to her feedback from July and I can't see any comments added to the feedbacks. However, I'm not sure it would matter as I had to go back TWENTY pages of feedback to see those. No buyer is going to look that far back. DAYUM - she sells a lot of these things! I am highly suspicious of her method of procurement but I doubt even if she went into a store naked she could secure that many of them :lol:.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']nice job on wizard341's part on finding more evidence against heather.

wondering what s/he has to say now.[/quote]

Not much left to say after the fat jokes. Maybe shes realized we are a force to be reckoned with. I wouldn't be surprised if the combined power of CAGs could stop her. Unscrupulous methods or not ;)

You really have to wonder who was a worse member this year: her or Pepsiman. I would still have to say Pepsiman just because he came back so many times.

[quote name='Rozz']You really have to wonder who was a worse member this year: her or Pepsiman. I would still have to say Pepsiman just because he came back so many times.[/quote]

Well, if she truly is scamming thousands of people - its really no contest ;)

[quote name='Pookymeister']Well, if she truly is scamming thousands of people - its really no contest ;)[/quote]
Yes, but I dunno... it's fucking Pepsiman. Did you read the feedback he got? He had a negative for lying about computer specs on a computer he sold and responded to it by saying "people are too damn picky". His blatant stupidity makes him villan of the year for me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back