Direct2Drive 24 Days of Christmas Sale - All previous daily deals active

Xealot42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
265 (100%)

Current Deal: All previous daily/bonus deals active.

Expired Deals:
(12-24-2009) Spore = $19.95
(12-23-2009) Torchlight = $9.95
(12-22-2009) Champions Online = $14.95
(12-21-2009) Machinarium = $9.95
(12-20-2009) Dawn of War II = $19.95
(12-19-2009) Civ IV Complete = $15.95 (Batman AA = $24.95)
(12-18-2009) Trine = $9.95
(12-17-2009) Resident Evil 5 = $24.95
(12-16-2009) Section 8 = $12.50
(12-15-2009) NFS ProStreet = $4.95
(12-14-2009) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 = $9.95
(12-13-2009) Company of Heroes: ToV = $7.50
(12-12-2009) The Sims 3 = $39.95
(12-11-2009) Dragon Age: Origins = $39.95
(12-10-2009) BF 2 Complete = $14.95
(12-09-2009) Street Fighter IV = $19.95
(12-08-2009) Mercenaries 2 = $4.95
(12-07-2009) LOTR: Conquest = $9.95
(12-06-2009) Majesty 2 = $7.50
(12-05-2009) Prototype = $19.95
(12-04-2009) Red Alert 3 Bundle = $19.95
(12-03-2009) Need for Speed SHIFT = $24.95
(12-02-2009) The Witcher = $19.95
(12-01-2009) Mirror's Edge = $4.95

Ornament List (For Name That Game Giveaway):
Mirror's Edge:
d2dornament1.jpg

The Witcher:
d2dornament2.jpg

Need for Speed SHIFT:
d2dornament3.jpg

Red Alert 3/Red Alert 3 Uprising:
d2dornament4.jpg

Prototype:
d2dornament25.jpg

Majesty 2:
d2dornament6.jpg

The Lord of the Rings: Conquest:
d2dornament7.jpg

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames:
d2dornament8.jpg

Street Fighter IV:
d2dornament9.jpg

Battlefield 2/The Complete Battlefield Collection:
d2dornament10.jpg

Dragon Age: Origins:
d2dornament11.jpg

The Sims 3:
d2dornament12.jpg

Risen:
d2dornament13.jpg

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08:
d2dornament14.jpg

Need for Speed: ProStreet
d2dornament15.jpg

ArmA II:
d2dornament16.jpg

Resident Evil 5:
d2dornament17.jpg

Rise of Flight:
d2dornament18.jpg

Section 8:
d2dornament19.jpg

Civilization IV:
d2dornament20.jpg

Torchlight:
d2dornament21.jpg

Machinarium:
d2dornament22.jpg

Champions Online:
d2dornament23.jpg

Spore:
d2dornament24.jpg

List of possible upcoming deals (with banner ad pics):

Special thanks to Kurina and bitter1961 for digging up all these images from D2D.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vegan']Well, it was a really amateurish mistake in the first place.[/QUOTE]
"Amateurish" defines IGN Entertainment.

With these new developments, I'm curious as to what Vampire turns out to be price-wise. If it's $5 again, I may jump at it, since I missed it the last time around.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']With these new developments, I'm curious as to what Vampire turns out to be price-wise.[/QUOTE]

That it now has an ornament doesn't necessarily indicate it's going to be on sale. It may be related to their selling it for $10 yesterday, or it may have been added as "filler" to confuse people trying to identify the correct 24 games from the set of 35 images.

They haven't made any provisions to display it as one of the "guess the name of the upcoming game" contest, which so far has been all the ornaments have been used for. In contrast, they have gone and setup the CSS for each of the remaining 19 games from the old list, even with their changed positions in the new image. The only exception is the final day's game, which isn't setup, but still isn't likely to be Vampire. They have continued using Spore in the post-sale tiny ornaments that they hang on the christmas tree at the bottom, and Spore is one of the games they had added pricing information on, suggesting they've already committed to it.

The games that have already passed weren't setup to work with the change, BTW. Day 1 still points to Mirror's Edge, but then Day 2 is Fallout 3, Day 3 is the holiday greetings from D2D, and Day 4 is a duplicate NFS: ProStreet (instead of Shift). I suppose it's possible that with the missing Day 24, they just plan to zero the set back to Day 2 and have Fallout 3 as the final day's deal, and then do Day 1 with Mirror's Edge as the final day's guessing game. But that they just picked some random images for the days they were no longer going to use seems like it's more likely.

I seriously hope Dragon Age hits less than $40, because I honestly can't see that as much of a deal, especially since EVERYONE keeps marking it around that price for their sales.

I have a lot of these already, but Section 8 for $12.50 would be awesome.

Torchlight for $10 is a steal, and Champions Online for $15 is great for anyone who likes MMOs.

D2D is pretty good so far as download services go. It's not as fancy as Steam, but I've yet to run into a problem with it.

[quote name='Tsukento']I seriously hope Dragon Age hits less than $40, because I honestly can't see that as much of a deal, especially since EVERYONE keeps marking it around that price for their sales.[/QUOTE]
The price estimate for this sale is, sadly, $40, so you won't get a better deal than what Steam offered earlier this month for their 5-Day 1-Day Sale: $38.

I'm glad I grabbed Mass Effect for $10 during the Steam Weekend Deal; That's what's keeping me away from Dragon Age: Origins right now. For me, the spending of $40 is inevitable.

Guess people arent too excited over Majesty 2, I think I will pick it up for $7.50. Anyone know what that pic for tommorrows game is?

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Guess people arent too excited over Majesty 2, I think I will pick it up for $7.50. Anyone know what that pic for tommorrows game is?[/QUOTE]

Popular guess is Lord of the Rings: Conquest

I loved the first majesty and was waiting for the second to drop in price before i bit on it due to the not so great reviews. For less than $10 i got it without a second thought. Been playing it all night and have to say the reviews were right. Nothing much special about this one, just more of the same, but i'm having fun with it. If you aren't a fan of the first one i'd probably skip majesty 2 even at this price.

Sales generally do that around here, but they also bring scrutiny.

Steam sales are usually legitimate deals, whereas things like D2D's 24 Days of Christmas event are much more hit-or-miss in terms of actual savings. (Mostly miss.)

Yeah I haven't been overly impressed with the deals. They are selling mostly B grade products for what normal retailers sell their games at. 50% isn't anything to cry home about when the game they are taking the 50% off is 50% over-marked in price.

Mercs2 for 5 bucks? Honestly, after installing it and playing it I wouldn't buy it again for 2 bucks. Poor PC port, I mean seriously? Why is it that PC gamers get the ports all the damn time? If you turn off some crap it makes the game run much better, but then the water looks like utter shit. I've heard of nvidia users not having many issues so idk. But if this game was actually worth a damn on PC, it'd be worth this. Hell it's a damn fun game on console and it's a sad day when I'd rather play a game on ps3 than my PC.

I didn't buy mercs2 from D2D, got it B&M like quite awhile ago.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Mercs2 for 5 bucks? Honestly, after installing it and playing it I wouldn't buy it again for 2 bucks. Poor PC port, I mean seriously? Why is it that PC gamers get the ports all the damn time?[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your comments. But this game I believe was pretty much pure shit across all platforms. Releases like this are part of the reason Pandemic studios is semi-defunct.

I agree. I saw the merits of the first game, but this second one isn't worth anyone's time. $5 may be tempting, but, believe me, that money is best spent elsewhere.

It's a shame too, since this is probably the only deal from the Holiday Sale that could be considered CAG-Friendly.

$5 for Mercs 2 is a total rip-off, and that is not sarcasm in any way.

Probably my biggest regret in game purchases the last 5+ years. Absolutely horrible.

Yeah I think I picked up mercs 2 for $2-$3 dollars from GoGamer. Not a good port/game. I'm curious to see what price they put on Risen.

I tried the merc 2 demo and it was appalling, was going to read reviews anyone, but the posts here have convinced me not to bother

from here on out, I'm interested in the price for risen, and will grab torchlight, but nothing else
I'd definitely get machinarium, but already got it when it came out (one of the best adventure games I've ever played).

I was considering buying this game for the PC for $5 and people giving bad feedback about it, I passed. Hopefully a PS3 version of the game will be on sale on Gamefly.

I think there's a good $5 worth of explosions in Merc2. Just don't go into it expecting something more than a moderately-fun sandbox game (though it should have been).

[quote name='vherub']I'd definitely get machinarium, but already got it when it came out (one of the best adventure games I've ever played).[/QUOTE]
Just reading that alone reminds me of how much I want to play the game. I should jump at the $9.99 deal when it becomes available at D2D, but I'm thinking that waiting for a Steam deal might be the better choice.

I'm glad people are reconsidering Mercenaries 2. Like I said, $5 saved is $5 spent towards a better game in the future.

I got mercenaries 2 for $1.96 a couple weeks ago when the EA store had its sale (and with a $5.00 coupong). For this price ($4.95) I would recommend it, fun game.

If the game actually ran the way it should, IE. better than the console version. I would recommend it too, it's a fun game for 5 bucks, but the numerous technical issues with the PC port just makes it piss poor.

Hmm, I havent had any problems at all from a technical standpoint, and just completed the game using Windows Vista home premium 32 bit running on a comp I built about 1 and a half years ago, no crashups, no lockups, no glitches.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Any idea on today's game?[/QUOTE]

It is likely to be Street Fighter IV for $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fatez']debating on street fighter... wish i had gotten it on steam when they had the deal.[/QUOTE]

Was it $20 on Steam too?

According to the banner images that were up earlier in the promo it will be the Battlefield 2 complete collection (check OP for full list).

Street Fighter IV was $19.99 during the 5-Day 1-Day Steam Sale a few weeks back, I believe.

I myself prefer PC versions, but Capcom keeps making me buy the console versions due to new episode packs (Resident Evil 5) and "Super" re-releases (Street Fighter IV).

List in OP is very helpful. Now I know I'll have to check back in for Torchlight, but most of the rest I already got on Steam's Thanksgiving stuff or am just not interested in.

Todays deal is alright.
BF2 is $10 now @ BB & on Amazon

The latest patch for BF2 includes (2) of the (3) expansions. So you are paying $5 for Special Forces.
Not a bad deal & a very good game.

If anyone is looking for a good price for Dragon Age Origins (PC) go to EA's website. It is $35 with Free Shipping with the code: EAPARTNERS2009. I hope this helps for those you were trying to find this game for under $40.

I still don't understand how Dragon Age hit $30 for the consoles over BF weekend, but didn't get below $37.50 for the PC. BTW I'm waiting for $30.

[quote name='52club']I still don't understand how Dragon Age hit $30 for the consoles over BF weekend, but didn't get below $37.50 for the PC. BTW I'm waiting for $30.[/QUOTE]

Yeah today's deal for DAO isn't that great. It is the same price that I pre-ordered it for with Impulse in September.

[quote name='52club']I still don't understand how Dragon Age hit $30 for the consoles over BF weekend, but didn't get below $37.50 for the PC. BTW I'm waiting for $30.[/QUOTE]

Got it for PC at Fry's for $30+tax about two weeks ago... that's the lowest I have seen it.

The thing keeping me from buying DAO (other than lack of time) is the DLC. While $40 is a great price for a 50-100 hour RPG, I know all the DLC packs will end up costing like another $50+ by time they are all out. I'm assuming they with have a GOTY edition out in half a year or so which will bundle all the DLC with the game for $40, much like Fallout 3 did. I've also heard you can only buy the DLC with Bioware points, which I'm not a fan of.

bread's done
Back