Direct2Drive 24 Days of Christmas Sale - All previous daily deals active

Xealot42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
265 (100%)

Current Deal: All previous daily/bonus deals active.

Expired Deals:
(12-24-2009) Spore = $19.95
(12-23-2009) Torchlight = $9.95
(12-22-2009) Champions Online = $14.95
(12-21-2009) Machinarium = $9.95
(12-20-2009) Dawn of War II = $19.95
(12-19-2009) Civ IV Complete = $15.95 (Batman AA = $24.95)
(12-18-2009) Trine = $9.95
(12-17-2009) Resident Evil 5 = $24.95
(12-16-2009) Section 8 = $12.50
(12-15-2009) NFS ProStreet = $4.95
(12-14-2009) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 = $9.95
(12-13-2009) Company of Heroes: ToV = $7.50
(12-12-2009) The Sims 3 = $39.95
(12-11-2009) Dragon Age: Origins = $39.95
(12-10-2009) BF 2 Complete = $14.95
(12-09-2009) Street Fighter IV = $19.95
(12-08-2009) Mercenaries 2 = $4.95
(12-07-2009) LOTR: Conquest = $9.95
(12-06-2009) Majesty 2 = $7.50
(12-05-2009) Prototype = $19.95
(12-04-2009) Red Alert 3 Bundle = $19.95
(12-03-2009) Need for Speed SHIFT = $24.95
(12-02-2009) The Witcher = $19.95
(12-01-2009) Mirror's Edge = $4.95

Ornament List (For Name That Game Giveaway):
Mirror's Edge:
d2dornament1.jpg

The Witcher:
d2dornament2.jpg

Need for Speed SHIFT:
d2dornament3.jpg

Red Alert 3/Red Alert 3 Uprising:
d2dornament4.jpg

Prototype:
d2dornament25.jpg

Majesty 2:
d2dornament6.jpg

The Lord of the Rings: Conquest:
d2dornament7.jpg

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames:
d2dornament8.jpg

Street Fighter IV:
d2dornament9.jpg

Battlefield 2/The Complete Battlefield Collection:
d2dornament10.jpg

Dragon Age: Origins:
d2dornament11.jpg

The Sims 3:
d2dornament12.jpg

Risen:
d2dornament13.jpg

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08:
d2dornament14.jpg

Need for Speed: ProStreet
d2dornament15.jpg

ArmA II:
d2dornament16.jpg

Resident Evil 5:
d2dornament17.jpg

Rise of Flight:
d2dornament18.jpg

Section 8:
d2dornament19.jpg

Civilization IV:
d2dornament20.jpg

Torchlight:
d2dornament21.jpg

Machinarium:
d2dornament22.jpg

Champions Online:
d2dornament23.jpg

Spore:
d2dornament24.jpg

List of possible upcoming deals (with banner ad pics):

Special thanks to Kurina and bitter1961 for digging up all these images from D2D.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ass-assassin']The thing keeping me from buying DAO (other than lack of time) is the DLC. While $40 is a great price for a 50-100 hour RPG, I know all the DLC packs will end up costing like another $50+ by time they are all out. I'm assuming they with have a GOTY edition out in half a year or so which will bundle all the DLC with the game for $40, much like Fallout 3 did. I've also heard you can only buy the DLC with Bioware points, which I'm not a fan of.[/QUOTE]

this sort of thing is a big turn off for me too. i waited on oblivion (Glad I did). I waited on fallout 3 (glad I did).

It's not that I dislike DLC. But I hate the idea of a company charging prices for DLC equal to the cost of the game. It gives the impression that developers can leave out all sorts of things for future purchase , as many people think they did with dragon age and borderlands.

In fact I'm selling my copy of borderlands right now just because they're already going DLC crazy, which means in a year there will be some complete edition on sale for half price.

[quote name='Xealot42']Boo...looks like they are having a deal on Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor tomorrow instead of Risen.[/QUOTE]

They've swapped a couple of games around in the givemeaway.jpg (instead of just updating the CSS to point at different positions... weird).

#13 was Risen -> now Tales of Valor
#16 was ArmA II -> now Section 8
#19 was Section 8 -> now Civilization 4
#20 was Civilization 4 -> now Bioshock

So that drops everything that didn't used to have an XX%-off sticker on its banner except for Rise of Flight, though they seem to be pushing updates closer and closer to their appearance date.

I wonder if tomorrow's sale will be for Tales of Valor, or CoH Complete?

Hahaha, you've got that right, Darkstorm. Mirror's Edge for $5 was a nice start to the festivities, but the sale died right after that. I'm still considering Machinarium, but I'm going to pass, ultimately.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Hahaha, you've got that right, Darkstorm. Mirror's Edge for $5 was a nice start to the festivities, but the sale died right after that. I'm still considering Machinarium, but I'm going to pass, ultimately.[/QUOTE]

I prefer to think that they are helping us all save money for the Steam holiday sale. :D

But CoH: ToV is definitely worth $7.50. I believe D2D had CoH GOLD for $5 in a previous sale. Can't complain about getting all the CoH games for $12.50. Steam has had plenty of Relic/THQ games on sale lately but I don't think they were ever this cheap.

Hopefully they don't switch Torchlight out for something else like they did for Risen since a lot of people seem to be looking forward to that one.

I want Torchlight myself. I think its well worth $10. And if mods really start getting numerous then I can look forward to some good replay value.

Quick question tho. Can I register the Tales of Valor key with my steam games? I know that the games now have an unlock thing right? You just stick the key in or something and you unlock the ToV pack? Im not sure but I hope thats true.

I bought the gold pack or whatever it was (Company of Heroes) in the D2D turns 5 sale. Is Tales of Valor in the pack? I haven't even downloaded the game yet and wondering.

[quote name='Default09']I bought the gold pack or whatever it was (Company of Heroes) in the D2D turns 5 sale. Is Tales of Valor in the pack? I haven't even downloaded the game yet and wondering.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the Gold pack is just the game and the first expansion(opposing fronts). I bought the Gold pack during Steam's big sale last year.

[quote name='NutManIV']I'm pretty sure the Gold pack is just the game and the first expansion(opposing fronts). I bought the Gold pack during Steam's big sale last year.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that CoH gold only includes the original game and the Opposing Fronts expansion.

Company of Heroes Gold Download Features

• Company of Heroes
  • Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts

Link.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I agree. I haven't played a Golf game on my PC in 20 years.

Those DOS golf games were awful anyway.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Links386 was the bomb!!!

;)

[quote name='Zimmy']Huh? Links386 was the bomb!!!

;)[/QUOTE]
I was more of a Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry kind of guy, anyway.

The first three of both series were the only good ones, strangely enough.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']The first three of both series were the only good ones, strangely enough.[/QUOTE]

First 3? What do you have against LSL4? ;)

[quote name='cheapo72']First 3? What do you have against LSL4? ;)[/QUOTE]
I meant release-wise. Changing everything to point-and-click ruins the type-it-all-out fun.

Yes, yes, as a fan, I'm aware of the 4 joke. :lol:

Today, D2D is offering another CAG-worthy price for another lackluster game. Before anyone asks, file ProStreet with Mercenaries 2 under "Underwhelming Sequel."

Tomorrow's game is SECTION 8. (US D2D Website.)

Was digging around their directories.
Just thought I would share these (New user so I can't post pics or links, sorry):

direct2drive.com/Sites/RET/_img/holiday/8680.jpg
direct2drive.com/Sites/RET/_img/holiday/8616.jpg

Before you get too excited, be sure to look at the lower right of each picture. I like their sense of humor.

[quote name='Torakusu']Was digging around their directories.
Just thought I would share these (New user so I can't post pics or links, sorry):

direct2drive.com/Sites/RET/_img/holiday/8680.jpg
direct2drive.com/Sites/RET/_img/holiday/8616.jpg

Before you get too excited, be sure to look at the lower right of each picture. I like their sense of humor.[/QUOTE]

Haha, nice. Here's the real Dragon Age one..

http://www.direct2drive.com/Sites/RET/_img/holiday/8678.jpg

They also had one other fake one:

http://www.direct2drive.com/Sites/RET/_img/holiday/8687.jpg

Hahaha, those fake banners are hilarious. Good job to IGN for having a sense of humor when it comes to their own web design failures.

Also, time for the next update: The game of tomorrow will be Resident Evil 5.

I just noticed that there's a "Check back Christmas Day for more deals" image in the corner. This has me excited, but, then again, their only Cyber Monday deal was Mass Effect for $5. (That was a great deal, of course, but one game? A single game deal? Really, D2D?)

[quote name='Torakusu']Anyone know which game the D2D UK ornament is supposed to be? I can't figure it out.[/QUOTE]

The image reminds me of Borderlands. But I can't say what it is for certain.

Nice catch on the splatter. I never payed attention to what was inside of it.

I went ahead and updated the title/OP with our best guess at tomorrow's deal. I'll be out of town for work when D2D updates it tomorrow. But the $25 price for RE5 seems likely as Steam and Impulse have both had it for that price recently.

I'm sure that'll do, Xealot; We've been lucky to have a dedicated poster, updating the title and making an in-depth guide for the ornaments and banners. One day of neglect won't matter, and the rest of us will post whatever needs to be posted.

[quote name='Casteor']I'll pick up Borderlands when it becomes $20-$30 range NEXT YEAR :)[/QUOTE]

ah you missed the black friday sales when it was 20 bucks for pc :p

[quote name='Vokhens']ah you missed the black friday sales when it was 20 bucks for pc :p[/QUOTE]

I meant for console (PS3) :)

My PC won't handle Borderlands AT ALL.

Is the current UK ornament BF2 complete collection? Looks like it based on graphics, the goggles on the helmet and weapon. Just wanted to confirm before entering.

If you don't buy Section 8 at this price, I have nothing to say for you. This game has been CRIMINALLY OVERLOOKED. The fact that it wasn't a best seller is a shame. I own it on Xbox 360 AND PC, AND paid full price for both. No regrets.

[quote name='solaris389']If you don't buy Section 8 at this price, I have nothing to say for you. This game has been CRIMINALLY OVERLOOKED. The fact that it wasn't a best seller is a shame. I own it on Xbox 360 AND PC, AND paid full price for both. No regrets.[/QUOTE]

I fully endorse this statement. :applause:

[quote name='solaris389']if you don't buy section 8 at this price, i have nothing to say for you. This game has been criminally overlooked. The fact that it wasn't a best seller is a shame. I own it on xbox 360 and pc, and paid full price for both. No regrets.[/quote]

amen!

[quote name='solaris389']If you don't buy Section 8 at this price, I have nothing to say for you. This game has been CRIMINALLY OVERLOOKED. The fact that it wasn't a best seller is a shame. I own it on Xbox 360 AND PC, AND paid full price for both. No regrets.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, but I don't base my purchases off of full CG trailers. Trying to find out how the actual game looks like and what it's even like is a pain in the ass.

bread's done
Back