Direct2Drive 24 Days of Christmas Sale - All previous daily deals active

Xealot42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
265 (100%)

Current Deal: All previous daily/bonus deals active.

Expired Deals:
(12-24-2009) Spore = $19.95
(12-23-2009) Torchlight = $9.95
(12-22-2009) Champions Online = $14.95
(12-21-2009) Machinarium = $9.95
(12-20-2009) Dawn of War II = $19.95
(12-19-2009) Civ IV Complete = $15.95 (Batman AA = $24.95)
(12-18-2009) Trine = $9.95
(12-17-2009) Resident Evil 5 = $24.95
(12-16-2009) Section 8 = $12.50
(12-15-2009) NFS ProStreet = $4.95
(12-14-2009) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 = $9.95
(12-13-2009) Company of Heroes: ToV = $7.50
(12-12-2009) The Sims 3 = $39.95
(12-11-2009) Dragon Age: Origins = $39.95
(12-10-2009) BF 2 Complete = $14.95
(12-09-2009) Street Fighter IV = $19.95
(12-08-2009) Mercenaries 2 = $4.95
(12-07-2009) LOTR: Conquest = $9.95
(12-06-2009) Majesty 2 = $7.50
(12-05-2009) Prototype = $19.95
(12-04-2009) Red Alert 3 Bundle = $19.95
(12-03-2009) Need for Speed SHIFT = $24.95
(12-02-2009) The Witcher = $19.95
(12-01-2009) Mirror's Edge = $4.95

Ornament List (For Name That Game Giveaway):
Mirror's Edge:
d2dornament1.jpg

The Witcher:
d2dornament2.jpg

Need for Speed SHIFT:
d2dornament3.jpg

Red Alert 3/Red Alert 3 Uprising:
d2dornament4.jpg

Prototype:
d2dornament25.jpg

Majesty 2:
d2dornament6.jpg

The Lord of the Rings: Conquest:
d2dornament7.jpg

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames:
d2dornament8.jpg

Street Fighter IV:
d2dornament9.jpg

Battlefield 2/The Complete Battlefield Collection:
d2dornament10.jpg

Dragon Age: Origins:
d2dornament11.jpg

The Sims 3:
d2dornament12.jpg

Risen:
d2dornament13.jpg

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08:
d2dornament14.jpg

Need for Speed: ProStreet
d2dornament15.jpg

ArmA II:
d2dornament16.jpg

Resident Evil 5:
d2dornament17.jpg

Rise of Flight:
d2dornament18.jpg

Section 8:
d2dornament19.jpg

Civilization IV:
d2dornament20.jpg

Torchlight:
d2dornament21.jpg

Machinarium:
d2dornament22.jpg

Champions Online:
d2dornament23.jpg

Spore:
d2dornament24.jpg

List of possible upcoming deals (with banner ad pics):

Special thanks to Kurina and bitter1961 for digging up all these images from D2D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the update for this thread on the main page. Tossing in my two cents that I love love love this sale, I picked up Majesty 2 for $7.50 which was just insane. Great game.

Yeah, that's not a sale at all for Trine. They better not pull the same crap with Torchlight. I want that game much more.

Is Torchlight actually going to go on sale on any of these downloadable sites? Any ideas on a date it's gonna go on sale? I've always used Steam, but if any of the others put it up for cheaper, like say $9.95 - $14.95, I'll grab it. I just kind of wanted to know, because it looks pretty sweet and I may even grab it for full price off of Steam.

[quote name='spitfire508']Was Trine even in the ornament yesterday?[/QUOTE]
Yes, Trine was the ornament yesterday. However, some people, including myself, saw a Rise of Flight ornament for a while as well. There were clearly some last minute changes or a big mistake on the D2D side of things. Hopefully the people who guessed Rise of Flight when that was the ornament will still get credit for the correct guess.

[quote name='preston181']Is Torchlight actually going to go on sale on any of these downloadable sites? Any ideas on a date it's gonna go on sale? I've always used Steam, but if any of the others put it up for cheaper, like say $9.95 - $14.95, I'll grab it. I just kind of wanted to know, because it looks pretty sweet and I may even grab it for full price off of Steam.[/QUOTE]

According to the original images we found (which have now been removed) Torchlight is going to be Sunday's deal for $9.95. The order has changed a bit since then and some games have been added or removed so that may not still be the case. Hopefully the Torchlight ornament pops up tomorrow.

They fixed the error. Trine is now showing as $9.95.

You can check out the Trine demo on Steam or the Trine homepage.

I already own the game and I think it is pretty awesome if you are into side-scrolling action/puzzle games.

[quote name='Xealot42']According to the original images we found (which have now been removed) Torchlight is going to be Sunday's deal for $9.95. The order has changed a bit since then and some games have been added or removed so that may not still be the case. Hopefully the Torchlight ornament pops up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Ok, sweet. I guess I can hold off until then. Hopefully it still makes it out on Sunday. I'm assuming direct to drive doesn't use an application launcher?

I picked up Trine for $10 off steam during the BF sale. In my opinion it is worth $10, but for most CAGs $5 will probably be the more worthy price.

Really hoping that Torchlight is on Sunday. I enjoyed the demo but am hesitant to buy it at $20. $10 is an insta-buy for me.

[quote name='preston181']Ok, sweet. I guess I can hold off until then. Hopefully it still makes it out on Sunday. I'm assuming direct to drive doesn't use an application launcher?[/QUOTE]

You don't need any programs running in the background to play D2D games. They have a download manager you need to use to download them initially though and you have to manually download and apply patches.

Checking the order again it looks like Torchlight will actually be Monday. Sunday might be a crappy deal on Bioshock. It is hard to keep up with the order since they keep switching around the images.

I think I will wait and see what the Steam Holiday sale offers with Trine. I tried out the demo and while it was fun, I just can't see myself paying $10 for it.

I wish I was there for the Witcher deal... although, maybe by just mentioning it, I'll win the contest, and then it'll all even out.

Still waiting on Bioshock. Though I kinda wish I could get it cheaper.

Lousy brother picked up the last copy at Circuit City before it closed for $2. :(

Is Trine more action or more puzzle?

I hate when they say action/puzzle or action/strategy when its really just action.

[quote name='Pucker']Is Trine more action or more puzzle?

I hate when they say action/puzzle or action/strategy when its really just action.[/QUOTE]

Try out the demo. From what I played in the demo It was pretty even with both.

$10 is decent deal for Trine, if I didn't already have it I'd pick it up. There have been some good games up so far but sadly I already own the ones I'd want. CoH: Tales of Valor was a great deal- the best multiplayer RTS to come out in years imo. I forwarded that deal to a few friends who hadn't picked it up yet.

Trine is easily worth $10. It has a great blend of physics based puzzles and 2d platforming/action. One of the best parts about it is that there are often mulitple ways to solve a puzzle depending on which character you switch to and which powers you use.

I don't get why people like buying digital copies of games. You don't own anything physical and you can't even resell them.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I don't get why people like buying digital copies of games. You don't own anything physical and you can't even resell them.[/QUOTE]

I as a pcgamer have never resold my games... in today's pc market I do not know anyone that does especially since most games require you to link the serial number you get to some sort of online account. So when I buy games on steam digitally I own it forever, which means I can redl and install it whenever I feel like playing a certain game over again.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I don't get why people like buying digital copies of games. You don't own anything physical and you can't even resell them.[/QUOTE]

Well... With the amount of games requiring online activation(with hardware limits, amounts you can activate) its getting to the point where(with those games at least) there's no real benefit from owning a hard copy. Also there's the convenience of being able to download the game and not having to run to the store and find out they don't have it etc. etc.

Anyone else having trouble with the giveaway page? In the box where the entry form for the "name that game" giveaway should be, I'm seeing the upper left corner of Fileplanet.com. I've tried both Firefox and IE.

[quote name='Neci']Anyone else having trouble with the giveaway page? In the box where the entry form for the "name that game" giveaway should be, I'm seeing the upper left corner of Fileplanet.com. I've tried both Firefox and IE.[/QUOTE]
I'm getting the same problem. :cry:

Just chiming in as yet another person agreeing that Trine is really good. Great gameplay, just wish it was a bit longer. It was maybe too expensive when it launched at $30. $20 would've been the sweetspot for this game, so $10 is a great deal.

bread's done
Back