Direct2Drive Spring Sale - Week 4

jboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
261 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]13894[/IMG-R]Direct2Drive.com is kicking off their first annual Spring Sale featuring four weeks of deals on PC games and game bundles. The Spring Sale runs through May 9, 2010, with new discounted games launching each Monday morning.

In addition to the sale, get $15 in store credit when you spend $75 during the Spring Sale.

d2d.gif
Direct2Drive Spring Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eulogywerd21']Tell future asap! HA, HA, ha, uh, ho, ha, ha...um, oh lol, hm mmm.... One question: Have you been a troll your entire time on these boards?[/QUOTE]

Never. Just a silly sense of humor. ;)

[quote name='Trelow']Hmm, Saboteur very tempting. Except for the warning that it won't work, and being about $500 in the hole so far this year on games... stupid sales.
Did like Mercenaries 2 quite a bit though. ARGH, decisions.[/QUOTE]

I am currently playing it on Win 7 Pro 64bit with ATI 4890, no problems here. They have patched the issue I believe.

$10 for Civ complete is legit. If it was Steam i would pick it up (even thought i already own it, idk where i put it though...). The Warhammer isn't bad either, but i got that for $7 when the UK cd key's were on sale a while back.

Ditto, I'd definitely get Civ 4 complete, if I didn't already have it from Steam, thats a great deal right now.

Also, Got Dawn of War II same way as you, I would have purchased from D2D today if hadn't gotten in on the UK keys that worked on Steam.

There are diamonds in the rough in these sales. But I can see how it can be frustrating compared to a Steam holiday sale. Not much compares to those.

As for Saboteur, I'd spend the little extra loot and play it on a console if you can. Just my opinion.

i went ahead and grabbed civ4 complete. already had the disc version of the vanilla civ4 but for 10 bucks for the 3 expansions plus not having to use the disc, why not.

plus i can now play with my girlfriend (without passing a laptop back and forth) since we have 2 copies. win.

[quote name='jboy']Bump, another disappointing week.[/QUOTE]
Civ4 again, Titan Quest, Defense Grid, Trine and AI War bundle. Not that bad.

A few things I might have gotten if I didn't already own them but looks like this week was a bust for me again. At least I got Dirt 2 out of the sales.

I suppose I paid about $30 for both Mass Effect games, so that price might be decent. Though, I'm sure you can do better elsewhere; The games have been out for a while now, and the prices must have dropped again.

Still, D2D's latest sale was a 4-week bust. Had they not messed with Aaaaa!'s price, I would have bought something.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Civ4 again, Titan Quest, Defense Grid, Trine and AI War bundle. Not that bad.[/QUOTE]

True. Not bad, but a lot of peeps already have these games.

So, I also vote for this game as "meh".

[quote name='Unrealevil']Civ4 again, Titan Quest, Defense Grid, Trine and AI War bundle. Not that bad.[/QUOTE]

True. Not bad, but a lot of peeps already have these games.

So, I also vote for this week's game deals as "meh".

[quote name='shingletingle']You need someone to tell you what to do? Why?[/QUOTE]
In CAG culture, it's not unusual to ask others if a game is good and/or worth buying. This is especially common if there's no demo, if the price is very reasonable, or if the reviews/user opinions have been heavily mixed.

Sometimes, CAG's can't help themselves when the price is right, but most of us need an extra push to take the plunge.

Pirates! is fantastic. For $5 it's a steal. It doesn't quite live up to the original, I don't think, but it's a solid open-ended romanticized version of piracy (think Errol Flynn) that is an absolute blast to play. Can't recommend it enough.

Even the D2D-phobic can get in on this week's sale (but why are they reading this?) as AI:War and Zenith Remnant's keys should be transferable to Steam.

Current Steam price: $30

[quote name='Springheeled Jack']Pirates! is fantastic. For $5 it's a steal. It doesn't quite live up to the original, I don't think, but it's a solid open-ended romanticized version of piracy (think Errol Flynn) that is an absolute blast to play. Can't recommend it enough.[/QUOTE]

thanks! I think I'll pick it up, 5 bucks isn't bad anyways, cost of lunch. Guess I'll be eating at home today

[quote name='boredasfook']Going to wait and see what steam offers, but i really want that ME2 bundle.

Anyone now if CIV4 is compatible with Windows 7?[/QUOTE]

I play BTS on Win7 now and again with no issues so I wouldn't worry about that.

[quote name='boredasfook']Going to wait and see what steam offers, but i really want that ME2 bundle.

Anyone now if CIV4 is compatible with Windows 7?[/QUOTE]

I bought it last week from D2D on my Win 7 Pro 64bit and I have had no issues with any of the CIV4 stuff.

Thinking about Pirates! Not sure yet.

Edit: I played Pirates! on PSP. Is the PC version far superior with a bunch of content that the PSP version lacks?

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Hoping this causes a great Steam sale in the near future as there's little here I want...[/QUOTE]

Same here. If they put Just Cause 2 on sale i would get that in a heartbeat! sadly, after the first week's sale, there was nothing i really needed to buy.

[quote name='80473Y3']Same here. If they put Just Cause 2 on sale i would get that in a heartbeat! sadly, after the first week's sale, there was nothing i really needed to buy.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

First week was pretty good, but it just got worse from there. What's worse is that Week 4 had repeat deals.

[quote name='cheapo72']Even the D2D-phobic can get in on this week's sale (but why are they reading this?) as AI:War and Zenith Remnant's keys should be transferable to Steam.

Current Steam price: $30[/QUOTE]

Defense Grid keys can also be activated on Steam. If you like tower defense and don't have it yet....GET IT NOW! :)

I can vouch for Defense Grid, but I got it for $2.50 during Steam's Holiday Sale. Still, $5 for the game is still a great price.

It's worth noting, too, that you can download the bonus levels (Originally exclusive to the 360 version.) off of Steam for free with the game.

I felt like I underpaid heavily when I played through Defense Grid. It's a great, fun, and simple Defense game.

[quote name='mramazing']Still trying to decide if i should bite on defense grid................[/QUOTE]

It is a terrific TD game, well worth $5. Heck it was worth the $10 I paid.

[quote name='80473Y3']Same here. If they put Just Cause 2 on sale i would get that in a heartbeat! sadly, after the first week's sale, there was nothing i really needed to buy.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Exactly. I'd take a sale on Just Cause 2 as right about now is when the fever is dying down and it needs a boost. A sale on Battlefield Bad Company 2 would be well timed, too.

On the other hand, the older games I'd love to see on sale are Crysis (and Warhead), Fear 2, hell, I wish they'd bring Fear (1) to Steam.

Here's hoping for a great midweek anyway and not a, "Modern Warfare 2 is 5% off..... you're welcome!"

[quote name='GreySpear']I bought it last week from D2D on my Win 7 Pro 64bit and I have had no issues with any of the CIV4 stuff.[/QUOTE]

i run win7 pro64 also and had to paste a paste a couple .dll files. took a couple minutes.

[quote name='paz9x']i run win7 pro64 also and had to paste a paste a couple .dll files. took a couple minutes.[/QUOTE]

i did too, also win7pro 64. i thought it may have been due to having the disc civ4 installed, then installing the d2d version over top(didn't work), uninstalling both of them, and then reinstalling d2d version.

no big deal. all is well.

I'd have to say my reaction to this sale has been an odd mixture of disappointment and relief. I'm disappointed in the sales, but at least relieved that I'm not spending more money when I have a metric ton of games to play right now.

[quote name='Xealot42']Defense Grid keys can also be activated on Steam. If you like tower defense and don't have it yet....GET IT NOW! :)[/QUOTE]
The only thing stopping me--and this is where I become a true CAG--is that I know it will eventually be $2.50 again, and I have plenty to play between now and then... Hmm...

Does anyone know how to set custom resolutions for the d2d version of swat 4? Can't find the files every other site suggest for going widescreen.

edit: ignore the above post. I do urge people to get swat 4 though. Great game for a great price.

[quote name='Bob A. Booey']Anyone recommend Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines?[/QUOTE]

Definitely, very underrated rpg yet somewhat dated (uses Hife-life 2 engine). The developer is gone but this game is great especially for people who love rpg. Recommended.

BTW: make sure you get the latest unofficial patch for the game.

bread's done
Back