Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Hulk's a beast. Level him up completely and enjoy those super jumps and ridiculous power.

If you want to get someone from Disney, Merida is another good ranged attacker and Maleficent is fun to play. I don't have my Baymax leveled up very far yet, but at least he flies and can carry the other guy (can't remember his name) around.
Hiro Hamada. Also Groot can carry around Rocket Raccoon. Zeb Orrelios is a good Hulk-like brawler. While not the beast Hulk is in terms of strength, he can be used in Star Wars sets and brings a unique style of fighting in a lightsaber and blaster dominated arena. Also, like Black Widow, you want to upgrade his special, as it's his bola staff (why they didn't simply give this as his main weapon I don't know) and is powerful, as the magna-guards have no doubt demonstrated.

How can I find the DCPI numbers? I want to see if the other Target in my area has the Guardians and Spider-Man playsets, or the Wreck-It Ralph toybox pack. There's a chance I might be over that way on Saturday, but it's 45 minutes away and I'd rather not waste the trip.
Wreck It Ralph is 207-00-8027

[quote name="rbenns2" post="12971348" timestamp="1444964267"]Hiro Hamada. Also Groot can carry around Rocket Raccoon. Zeb Orrelios is a good Hulk-like brawler. While not the beast Hulk is in terms of strength, he can be used in Star Wars sets and brings a unique style of fighting in a lightsaber and blaster dominated arena. Also, like Black Widow, you want to upgrade his special, as it's his bola staff (why they didn't simply give this as his main weapon I don't know) and is powerful, as the magna-guards have no doubt demonstrated.[/quote]

They didn't give maleficent her wings in 2.0 either they had to be purchased in the skill tree

I agree completely. Love being able to use all the figures and cars from the power disc also. Ive been able to stack 3 disc at a time under the playset. General Grevious ride is a monster lol. I do think the difficulty is way to hard for kids. In most games the beginning levels (50cc) are a breeze and allow younger players to enjoy the game without getting demolished. Hopefully they can tone it down a little in a patch. Also wish it had some type of drafting behind other players like Mario Kart and most racing games. For 15-20 bucks you really cant go wrong.
Btw, does anyone know how to unlock the marshmallow monster for use in toybox in the speedway?
Nice to have confirmation the discs work. I hadn't dug mine out yet to try em.

Dumb question here, but I haven't opened my 3.0 bundle yet because my kids birthday is still a week away. Are the SW rebels characters playable in the SW playsets, or are you guys referring to using them in the toybox takeover game? For whatever reason I was thinking they couldn't be used in the playsets kinda like how 2.0 was with not letting us mix certain heroes in other playsets.

[quote name="JoshTX" post="12972800" timestamp="1445033525"]Dumb question here, but I haven't opened my 3.0 bundle yet because my kids birthday is still a week away. Are the SW rebels characters playable in the SW playsets, or are you guys referring to using them in the toybox takeover game? For whatever reason I was thinking they couldn't be used in the playsets kinda like how 2.0 was with not letting us mix certain heroes in other playsets.[/quote]
I believe every Star Wars character can be used in any Star Wars play set, but I haven't tried that yet to know 100%.

Dumb question here, but I haven't opened my 3.0 bundle yet because my kids birthday is still a week away. Are the SW rebels characters playable in the SW playsets, or are you guys referring to using them in the toybox takeover game? For whatever reason I was thinking they couldn't be used in the playsets kinda like how 2.0 was with not letting us mix certain heroes in other playsets.
They are but you have to collect a token during game play to unlock them to use in that playset.

Thanks for the tips. I was going to skip out on them, but since they work in the playsets, I may get at least some of them. Sabine for sure.

Has anybody here won the First To Play sweepstakes for the KH Mickey Power Disc? I won and sent my claim form a day after I got the email. Nothing in the mail so far....

Completely off track question. As I start going through the PC version of the game I heard there are some Mastery levels that I should do to unlock more stuff, but I can't find them anywhere. Am I missing something?

Just picked up Chewie and Vader today, finally.  Wow, that Chewbacca figure is just fantastic.  It is perfect and I love that darn thing.  They stepped up the quality x10 for 3.0

[quote name="chubbyninja1319" post="12973415" timestamp="1445064622"]Just picked up Chewie and Vader today, finally. Wow, that Chewbacca figure is just fantastic. It is perfect and I love that darn thing. They stepped up the quality x10 for 3.0[/quote]
Your supposed to hold off on Vader and get the FX with me

Just curious what disk and contest I'm new in the infinity world
It was some sort of launch celebration contest. They gave out 100 King Mickey power discs. The discs give Mickey his Kingdom Hearts costume. Besides the contest the only other way i know to have gotten one was to attend D23 Expo. Other than that your only option to get one is on ebay, and boy are they going for a lot xD

[quote name="mars009" post="12973232" timestamp="1445050797"]Completely off track question. As I start going through the PC version of the game I heard there are some Mastery levels that I should do to unlock more stuff, but I can't find them anywhere. Am I missing something?[/quote]
Not sure about PC, but Infinity 1.0 has Mastery Adventures. They're basically the tutorials.

[quote name="WolfmanASTN" post="12973472" timestamp="1445078045"]It was some sort of launch celebration contest. They gave out 100 King Mickey power discs. The discs give Mickey his Kingdom Hearts costume. Besides the contest the only other way i know to have gotten one was to attend D23 Expo. Other than that your only option to get one is on ebay, and boy are they going for a lot xD[/quote]

They give away those 100 discs due to the backlash and they had some leftover

Not sure about PC, but Infinity 1.0 has Mastery Adventures. They're basically the tutorials.
Thank you! I finally found them in the 1.0 version. I was trying to build something in 2.0 and for some reason the switches and other stuff have a lock on them so I couldn't figure out how to get them unlocked (and I'm pretty sure I looked in the store). Someone mentioned they unlocked them in version 1

Wow that Mickey figure is going for a ton of $$$

Thank you! I finally found them in the 1.0 version. I was trying to build something in 2.0 and for some reason the switches and other stuff have a lock on them so I couldn't figure out how to get them unlocked (and I'm pretty sure I looked in the store). Someone mentioned they unlocked them in version 1

Wow that Mickey figure is going for a ton of $$$
To unlock all of the basic building stuff in 2.0 you need to do all of the missions in the starting area from the little guys sitting around all over the place. After that there is a door on the lowerlevel that will take you too a tron world where you learn to use the creativi-toys, that should unlock them for you.

I haven't been around but I gotta say... the tokens in the game itself are (mostly) easy to come by for quite a few characters so your guys can quickly be added to the mix.  (though not all... some I still haven't found)

The giveaway was announced 2 days after launch asking for UNBOXING videos... 2 days.... after the launch... of the game.... idiots.

They are but you have to collect a token during game play to unlock them to use in that playset.
Here are where they all are. Except for Sabine (who is especially hard), Leia, and the one directly above the entrance to the Jedi temple, I found them all just during the normal course of the game. Rise's are a bit more difficult, sometimes requiring you to do bonus missions or otherwise stray off the beaten path. If you're having trouble finding any, here are the guides:

http://www.infinityguru.com/play-sets/twilight-of-the-republic/champion-coins

http://www.infinityguru.com/play-sets/rise-against-the-empire/champion-coins

Was just in TRU grabbing some cheap Vita games so I decided to go ahead and grab the 2 toybox games since the 2 for 30 deal will end tonight. Walk in there and nothing on the rack at all, so I check my phone for pickup in store to see if it shows they have inventory, and both show in stock.

TRU supervisor ends up pulling 1 speedway set from the back and swears to me that it's all they have left, no TBT. I decline, considering I can't get the deal by buying just one. I end up going back to my car and purchasing them online for in store pickup (at that store) to "lock in" the deal. 20 minutes later I get notification that my stuff is ready to be picked up...smh. I didn't want to push the issue in the store, but I guess the guy was really being lazy and not wanting to look for it.

At least you can get your stuff, albeit with a second trip.  My TRU did nothing but disappoint me. In order to finish my Version 2.0 Power Disc collection, I need four Marvel discs and 22 Disney Originals discs.  Finding those last four Marvel discs would be like finding a needle in a haystack at this point, but I was hoping to pick up around 20 Originals packs (since TRU has them on clearance this week for $1.50) to, hopefully, complete the rest of that collection.  There are two TRU in this area and both of them are showing available for in-store pickup.

I call the first one, give them the R'Web Number, they state they have "over 20" in stock.  I head up there and find none on the shelf.  I go to the customer desk and tell her about my call, she looks up the number and the system says they have 54.  She has a guy go back to the shelf with me, he can't find any either.  He goes in the stock room to see if they're there.  No dice.  He comes back out and says they may be in the "overstock area" above the shelves.  We check, they're not.  He chalks it up to TRU "accidentally scanning in the Marvel discs thinking they were Disney Originals."  I leave empty handed.

I call the second one.  He looks it up and states they have 50-something as well.  I ask him to check to make sure they're actually on hand (since I was there a few days earlier and didn't see any in the aisle.)  He says he can't find any, but I should call back the following day when the "manager would be here, he'd know where they are."  I call back the following day and the manager states he spent half an hour looking for them and it must be an inventory error, they don't have any.

As of this current moment, both stores are still available for in-store pickup.  :S

I haven't been around but I gotta say... the tokens in the game itself are (mostly) easy to come by for quite a few characters so your guys can quickly be added to the mix. (though not all... some I still haven't found)

The giveaway was announced 2 days after launch asking for UNBOXING videos... 2 days.... after the launch... of the game.... idiots.
It wasn't just for unboxing videos. I had already opened all my 3.0 stuff and just filmed a 5 minute video talking about what characters I had and liked.

At least you can get your stuff, albeit with a second trip. My TRU did nothing but disappoint me. In order to finish my Version 2.0 Power Disc collection, I need four Marvel discs and 22 Disney Originals discs. Finding those last four Marvel discs would be like finding a needle in a haystack at this point, but I was hoping to pick up around 20 Originals packs (since TRU has them on clearance this week for $1.50) to, hopefully, complete the rest of that collection. There are two TRU in this area and both of them are showing available for in-store pickup.

I call the first one, give them the R'Web Number, they state they have "over 20" in stock. I head up there and find none on the shelf. I go to the customer desk and tell her about my call, she looks up the number and the system says they have 54. She has a guy go back to the shelf with me, he can't find any either. He goes in the stock room to see if they're there. No dice. He comes back out and says they may be in the "overstock area" above the shelves. We check, they're not. He chalks it up to TRU "accidentally scanning in the Marvel discs thinking they were Disney Originals." I leave empty handed.

I call the second one. He looks it up and states they have 50-something as well. I ask him to check to make sure they're actually on hand (since I was there a few days earlier and didn't see any in the aisle.) He says he can't find any, but I should call back the following day when the "manager would be here, he'd know where they are." I call back the following day and the manager states he spent half an hour looking for them and it must be an inventory error, they don't have any.

As of this current moment, both stores are still available for in-store pickup. :S
I had to deal with that at a Gamestop a few months back. Went to get one of the Red Hood figures and there was supposedly a few for pick up. But they had none :/

[quote name="Kain" post="12974319" timestamp="1445134603"]At least you can get your stuff, albeit with a second trip. My TRU did nothing but disappoint me. In order to finish my Version 2.0 Power Disc collection, I need four Marvel discs and 22 Disney Originals discs. Finding those last four Marvel discs would be like finding a needle in a haystack at this point, but I was hoping to pick up around 20 Originals packs (since TRU has them on clearance this week for $1.50) to, hopefully, complete the rest of that collection. There are two TRU in this area and both of them are showing available for in-store pickup.

I call the first one, give them the R'Web Number, they state they have "over 20" in stock. I head up there and find none on the shelf. I go to the customer desk and tell her about my call, she looks up the number and the system says they have 54. She has a guy go back to the shelf with me, he can't find any either. He goes in the stock room to see if they're there. No dice. He comes back out and says they may be in the "overstock area" above the shelves. We check, they're not. He chalks it up to TRU "accidentally scanning in the Marvel discs thinking they were Disney Originals." I leave empty handed.

I call the second one. He looks it up and states they have 50-something as well. I ask him to check to make sure they're actually on hand (since I was there a few days earlier and didn't see any in the aisle.) He says he can't find any, but I should call back the following day when the "manager would be here, he'd know where they are." I call back the following day and the manager states he spent half an hour looking for them and it must be an inventory error, they don't have any.

As of this current moment, both stores are still available for in-store pickup. :S[/quote]

What's discs do you need? I've a lot of spares but I'm in the uk. You could check disneyinfinityfans.com though as lots of people are trading/selling discs there

I didn't realize the DI 3.0 figures were going to be on sale at Best buy this week. Peefect timing as I can finally grab Fear while he's on sale and finish the inside out set.

7.99 with GCU is a good deal so I'm going to grab a couple more but I need to keep myself from going overboard. Maybe Han and Chewie, or a couple of the Rebels figs.

i need some help as i havent followed infinity until 3.0, do the figures go on sale buy 1 get 1 or buy 2 get 1 free? mainly interested in previous sales at best buy. also, i see with the best buy sale this week 2.0 power discs are 1.99. frpm my understanding, they just add items to the toybox mode, correct?, and only work in 2.0?

i need some help as i havent followed infinity until 3.0, do the figures go on sale buy 1 get 1 or buy 2 get 1 free? mainly interested in previous sales at best buy. also, i see with the best buy sale this week 2.0 power discs are 1.99. frpm my understanding, they just add items to the toybox mode, correct?, and only work in 2.0?
B2G1 is a possibility at times, but can't remember if BB did it, or Target. The best deal I can remember since Infinity launched was when Gamestop did a B1G1 for 1.0 a couple years back.

If you have GCU though, 7.99 a pop is a really good deal, and the Star Wars figs probably won't get as individually cheap as that until they eventually get clearanced, which could take a couple of years. Anyway, 7.99 each is close to B1G1, its basically the equivalent of buying one and getting one for $3 regular prices except you aren't forced to buy two.

You could wait until the BF sales, but the difference in savings over this sale + GCU won't be a lot.

I keep getting the following error when trying to add the sale figures and power discs to my cart:

ShippingGroup with id sg25624971677 is not in container.

*edit*

After a couple minutes of that error it now just said "Our system had a hiccup sorry and now all of them are in my cart haha weird.

What's discs do you need? I've a lot of spares but I'm in the uk. You could check disneyinfinityfans.com though as lots of people are trading/selling discs there
I'll have to check the site and see what I can find out, regarding trades. To answer your question, the Marvel discs I'm missing are Alien Symbiote, Ghost Rider's Chain Whip, World War Hulk Sky, and Forgotten Skies. The Originals discs would be too long to write here. But definitely missing more than I have.

If trading isn't getting you to where you want to be, Best Buy has the same discs on sale for $1.99 ($1.59 w/GCU).

Marvel
Originals
Yeah, I was just trying BestBuy. I have two BestBuy stores in the general vicinity. The closest one has zero in stock. There is one about a half-hour drive away that has only one pack in stock (I called and asked how many they have), and the site itself will only allow you to order three packs. :(

bread's done
Back